PDA

View Full Version : Nursing home resident dead after confrontation

mad cow
07-28-2013, 01:29 AM
Nursing home resident dead after confrontation with police

A 95-year-old resident of an Illinois nursing home died early Saturday, hours after being shocked with a Taser and bean bag rounds in a confrontation with police.
Authorities said John Warna was a resident at Victory Centre of Park Forest, on the 100 block of South Main Street in the south suburb. He was threatening paramedics and staff with a cane and a metal shoehorn when police arrived at the complex, they said.
Police said they struck him with a Taser and bean bag rounds after he threatened officers with a 12-inch butcher knife.
Warna was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center, where he later died.
A cause of death was not released by Saturday evening.

Speechless.

Link:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/27/19720753-nursing-home-resident-dead-after-confrontation-with-police?lite

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-28-2013, 01:31 AM
how could a 95 year old hurt anybody, unless with a gun? Jeeze. Maybe they were crazy because they're so old, but I wouldn't be able to kill a crazy old person, unless they were shooting at me.

Psychopathic cops that take any opportunity to kill somebody

tod evans
07-28-2013, 01:44 AM
Insanity!

amy31416
07-28-2013, 02:43 AM
Where the hell was the staff of this nursing home?

tangent4ronpaul
07-28-2013, 03:41 AM
Where the hell was the staff of this nursing home?

Hiding from the SWAT team?

95yo guys fall under the same rules as pissed off miniature dogs - officer safety - shoot first, ask questions later.

-t

Anti Federalist
07-28-2013, 06:54 AM
MC, that needs a more "grabbing" headline.

IL - Cop Taser and kill 95 year old man for waving a cane, shoe horn and knife at them.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/27/19720753-nursing-home-resident-dead-after-confrontation-with-police?lite

A 95-year-old resident of an Illinois nursing home died early Saturday, hours after being shocked with a Taser and bean bag rounds in a confrontation with police.

Authorities said John Warna was a resident at Victory Centre of Park Forest, on the 100 block of South Main Street in the south suburb. He was threatening paramedics and staff with a cane and a metal shoehorn when police arrived at the complex, they said.

Police said they struck him with a Taser and bean bag rounds after he threatened officers with a 12-inch butcher knife.

Kotin
07-28-2013, 08:12 AM
Fucking cowards.

Anti Federalist
07-28-2013, 08:15 AM
Thank God...the officers were OK.

*belch*

tod evans
07-28-2013, 08:16 AM
Wonder if the "heros" get to notch their weapons for this-n?

:mad:

SeanTX
07-28-2013, 08:20 AM
Reminds me of the quadriplegic in Houston last summer who was blown away because he had a ball-point pen in his hand and the officer felt "in fear for his life." Recently the grand jury cleared him -- that there is why these things happen.

SeanTX
07-28-2013, 08:21 AM

I don't think they do that any more -- in LA they have "first shoot" parties, and in Las Vegas they get tattoos for each "kill."

tod evans
07-28-2013, 08:22 AM
Reminds me of the quadriplegic in Houston last summer who was blown away because he had a ball-point pen in his hand and the officer felt "in fear for his life." Recently the grand jury cleared him -- that there is why these things happen.

Until "we the people" get off our collective asses and hold these cocksuckers accountable this BS is going to continue to escalate.

donnay
07-28-2013, 08:32 AM
The King's army is above the law. Peasants should know better!

Contumacious
07-28-2013, 08:35 AM

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This case should take ME Megan Hunt 2 seconds to solve:

http://cdn.beta.abc.com/service/image/index/id/074a43e3-c7bf-43f9-ba8a-dbedc60d5910/dim/820x461.jpg

Anti Federalist
07-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Until "we the people" get off our collective asses and hold these cocksuckers accountable this BS is going to continue to escalate.

Posted to me in another forum on this subject:

Donzel wrote:Law enforcement people are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. It's not an easy job.

I'd still rather live here than most other countries. At least we can voice our opinion without having our heads chopped off.

God bless America!

This is going to get worse, before (if?) it gets better.

juleswin
07-28-2013, 08:40 AM
The same thing happened to a nursing home resident in Nebraska. Only difference is that he barely survived but his weapon were safety pins. You can get me to go along with officer safety when it comes to dangerous breeds of dogs but old fragile men? nah, these guys are cowards.

juleswin
07-28-2013, 08:44 AM
http://www.omaha.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=OW&Date=20120523&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=705239891&Ref=AR&maxw=598&maxh=400

Police zapped man, 79, with Taser

Omaha police shocked a nursing home resident with a Taser last month after the 79-year-old man with dementia threatened officers with a fistful of safety pins.

Relatives of Rodell Cole don't understand why the incident happened. They plan to file a complaint with the Omaha Police Department.

The 106-pound Cole was left with a bruise on one knee, where he says he was kicked by an officer.

Yolanda Cole, Rodell's niece, said staff members and police should have left her uncle alone. He would have calmed down, she said.

“We're real upset about the whole thing,” said Yolanda Cole, who has power of attorney for her uncle. “It was unnecessary. They hurt him real bad.”

Read more at http://www.omaha.com/article/20120523/NEWS01/705239891/-1

JK/SEA
07-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Cops receive Military training...yes.
Cops receive empathy training..no.

That being said, at the end of the day, it is what it is.

Now if you will excuse me, i have to go get more twinkies.

Slutter McGee
07-28-2013, 09:31 AM
My grandfather at 92 was more than capable of causing serious harm at his age before he passed. If he did threaten them with a butcher knife (depending on circumstances of which we will probably never know), this doesn't seem like a story I am going to get upset over.

Slutter McGee

tod evans
07-28-2013, 10:15 AM
this doesn't seem like a story I am going to get upset over.

FOAD

Dr.3D
07-28-2013, 10:27 AM

Isn't that how we get such "top notch" police?

Eagles' Wings
07-28-2013, 10:29 AM
May God (and our owning planning, etc.) grant us the resources to keep our elders out of these places. I told my MIL, we want her home with us. I know some of you here are already doing that.

GunnyFreedom
07-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This case should take ME Megan Hunt 2 seconds to solve:

http://cdn.beta.abc.com/service/image/index/id/074a43e3-c7bf-43f9-ba8a-dbedc60d5910/dim/820x461.jpg

Ha! I was looking at that photo thinking, "Damn, that looks just like Dana Delaney" Had to look up the name Megan Hunt. I don't watch that show. :p

Snew
07-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Out of control.

GunnyFreedom
07-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Posted to me in another forum on this subject:

This is going to get worse, before (if?) it gets better.

*&^%°‡fl‡fi›‹‹€

sometimes you just want to back off and let em get what they deserve.

KrokHead
07-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Speechless.

Until you feel that 12 inch butcher knife blade in your flesh. "OWWWWWWWW!!!!" You'd Amadou him so fast.

Schifference
07-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Where did he get the butcher knife?

KrokHead
07-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Where did he get the butcher knife?

Good point, he could have got it at the police station after he died.

Schifference
07-30-2013, 05:43 AM
I work at a nursing home and have never seen a Butcher knife. Sharp objects are monitored. Demented people are confused. I cannot leave medication at a alert & oriented persons bedside because a demented person could stroll into that room and take medication not meant for them. Scissors cannot be left out. Even Alert & oriented people cannot have scissors for the same reason as the medication. To the libertarian this might seem like a violation of rights but actually if you worked with demented confused delusional people it would become apparent that you cannot have these kinds of things around. I have never spent any time in the kitchen but I think most food comes prepared and is heated. I don't think there are butcher knives even in the kitchen. If there are I am sure they are safeguarded and don't end up on a lunch tray.

jkr
07-30-2013, 06:35 AM
its like DEATH RACE 2000 , the only difference is they give points for pets now...