PDA

View Full Version : Urgent - Blimp Treasurer Wanted - Paid Position

Elijah
11-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Blimp Treasurer Wanted - ASAP - Paid Position

Treasurer

* Just the blimp cost alone is $350,000 per month. There will be other things in the budget. We need somebody trustworthy with experience managing such a budget.

How To Apply

Jerry Collette, the paralegal from RonPaulMax.com is collecting applications at http://www.ronpaulmax.com/i_will_help.html.

pacelli
11-28-2007, 07:37 AM
Bump - has a treasurer been found Elijah?

Tarzan
11-29-2007, 12:41 AM
No treasurer yet... please keep looking or apply.

KCIndy
11-29-2007, 02:17 AM
Elijah,

If nothing else, would it be possible to hire an experienced CPA for the job? I know it would be an extra cost, but if it's the only solution I would bet most people here would kick in a little extra to make it happen. I know I would.

traviskicks
11-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Do we need a 'treasurer'? I think we just need to setup a website that will take credit cards and have a bank account and then write the check to the blimp company. Not much for a 'treasurer' to do IMO. I don't see how this would be illegal.

KewlRonduderules
11-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Get Larry Lepard to do it!

Send him a private message.

Oh wait! Nevermind. We need him for the PAC

troyd1
11-29-2007, 03:44 PM
What would be cool is if we could get a bank account and post the account transactions on ronpaulblimp.com out in the open just like the government will be after Ron Paul is elected. We could have all the transactions posted on the ronpaulblimp website. We will certainly need a stearing comittee and then give one or a few the power to spend money based upon group decisions. There will be a few expenses, but mostly it will just be paying for the blimp to fly. No brainer.

kylejack
11-29-2007, 03:45 PM
Do we need a 'treasurer'? I think we just need to setup a website that will take credit cards and have a bank account and then write the check to the blimp company. Not much for a 'treasurer' to do IMO. I don't see how this would be illegal.

Illegal, if more than 1K is collected or spent, must use a PAC and file reports with the FEC.

troyd1
11-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Treasurer

* Just the blimp cost alone is $350,000 per month. There will be other things in the budget. We need somebody trustworthy with experience managing such a budget.

How To Apply

Jerry Collette, the paralegal from RonPaulMax.com is collecting applications at http://www.ronpaulmax.com/i_will_help.html.

Just out of curiosity, what happened to the $200,000 per month I read initially with the artwork included?

kylejack
11-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Just out of curiosity, what happened to the $200,000 per month I read initially with the artwork included?

I never read that. Its always been 350K, and that was the special deal with no long term contract required.

eric_cartman
11-29-2007, 04:27 PM
is it possible to work with the airship company and have people pay directly to the company rather than setting up a third party thing that collects the money. i think people would also be more comfortable paying directly to the airship company. you would have to get something set up on airshipman.com , but that couldn't be too complicated.

anyways, just an idea.

Bacon
11-29-2007, 04:34 PM
is it possible to work with the airship company and have people pay directly to the company rather than setting up a third party thing that collects the money. i think people would also be more comfortable paying directly to the airship company. you would have to get something set up on airshipman.com , but that couldn't be too complicated.

anyways, just an idea.
This project is a lot more than just buying a blimp..

eric_cartman
11-29-2007, 04:47 PM
This project is a lot more than just buying a blimp..

that's true. all i'm saying is that if people are donating money, they have to know that it's not going to get stolen.

maybe the 350K could be donated to the airship company directly, then only set up your third party money collecting thing for the extra money that is needed to fund the project. this way, the majority of people will be donating directly to the people who have the blimp, and then a smaller number of people can donate to the organizers for all the little extras. so people who know/trust the organizers can donate to pay for the extra stuff that will be needed, but the majority of the donations will be donated directly to the blimp company... which is an official company in the US that has to obey laws. i'm just saying that a lot of people will not want to donate to some random website...

alexpasch
11-29-2007, 10:51 PM
What exactly do you want the treasurer to do?

I think if you were more specific as to job details it would greatly help.

erran speaker
11-30-2007, 09:51 AM
done... you now have at least one very excellent option. cheers :)

xoxox,
erran

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 10:04 AM
done... you now have at least one very excellent option. cheers :)

xoxox,
erran

bravisimo!

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 10:21 AM
//

Tenbatsu
12-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Does the blimp project still need an accountant?

I currently do all accounting work for a home heating oil company in Baltimore Maryland. I'm not a CPA, however, but I do have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with two years of real world experience in accounting.

Also, in the spirit of Ron Paul I will not take a paycheck until the blimp is in the air. Afterwards, I will let the free market decide how much my services should cost. Since I am already employed full time I cannot guarantee 8/hrs a day everyday. But with a project this size I would not need to put that much time in to it to keep the books straight.

If this sounds reasonable send me a PM. I also sent a message to the website provided in the first post.

1913_to_2008
12-03-2007, 11:42 AM
//

gold standard
12-04-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm a former accountant but not interested in the position because I live in the Philippines. I think you need to fill this position soon and should consider using an agency such as Accountemps if needed. Many qualified people would be foolish to leave a good position to fill yours (kind of tenuous) but you need somebody to come in and set up your accounting system with sufficient internal controls and train staff on proper procedures. I'd suggest you would be looking for a controller/treasurer. If you already have an applicant with the proper credentials by all means hire them soon! There are many people qualified maybe you could find a recent retiree who is a Ron Paul supporter? It would be nice if this position was listed with the others on the transparency page.