PDA

View Full Version : Paul Spars With Christie on Nat'l Security While Ignoring Pete King

jct74
07-26-2013, 07:18 PM
Paul Spars With Christie on Nat'l Security While Ignoring Pete King

BY DAN FRIEDMAN
JULY 26, 2013 5:58 PM

Could it be that Republican hopefuls for the 2016 presidential nomination are not taking the quasi-entry of Rep. Peter King (R-N.H.) into their ranks super-seriously?

King can go to New Hampshire. He can mull a run on Morning Joe. He cannot, so far, get a reaction out of Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), despite repeatedly mocking the libertarian-leaning senator’s cautious national security views and citing Paul as a major reason he is flirting with the race.

“My concern is that there’s no Republican speaking out on national security from a national security standpoint. Rand Paul is talking about the CIA killing people in Starbucks with drones,” King said last week.

Paul has steadfastly declined to respond to King’s various attacks.

But the libertarian-leaning senator shot right back when Chris Christie when the New Jersey Governor on Thursday offered a critique of Paul’s views that is substantively similar to King’s.

But what about King, a gleeful foe of civil libertarians who has mocks Paul’s drone concerns every chance he gets? Shouldn't he too worry more about the dangers of losing freedom?

“I just don't think anyone here's responding to King,” a Paul spokeswoman said Friday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dc/2013/07/bar-mitzvah-fireworks-blow-up-on-bishop-igniting-ethics-investigation-just-as-pelosi-hits

The Northbreather
07-26-2013, 07:20 PM
The Paul's will beat you with classiness.

Christian Liberty
07-26-2013, 07:23 PM
Peter King is only a House member. He's got no chance.

And yes, I know that was Ron Paul's position, but its different. There is a difference between being a one of a kind individual who has the young people behind you, and one of dozens of neocons. And even still, Ron Paul didn't win.

Rand is wise to ignore him.

Christian Liberty
07-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Barring the possibility of Rand, part of me hopes a truly awful Republican like King becomes President just to show my family that they are not the "Lesser of two evils."

RonPaulFanInGA
07-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Could it be that Republican hopefuls for the 2016 presidential nomination are not taking the quasi-entry of Rep. Peter King (R-N.H.) into their ranks super-seriously?

Did King move?