PDA

View Full Version : After current events, December fundraising should focus on the 16th

JustAnotherV
11-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Sorry if this is a dupe but I could not find another. I am also not putting it in the 15/16 section because it exists to be discussed comparatively.

I understand that the campaign is emailing out for money, and they are receiving some response as well as some projects (rudysreadlinglist) to help. I think that with the reading list, email response, and a fairly standard debate boost (assuming CNN will give him time to talk), the campaign will keep seeing some gradual money in the coming week. We may even be able to crack into double digits before the end of November, which could garner some press attention of its own. When you are dealing with pre-school style reporting, 2 numbers gets more attention than 1...

However, as some have noted on the boards, the public *and Ron Paul* know about the 16th. The media is mentioning it here and there, and Dr. Paul has mentioned it ON AIR more than once. Unlike the 5th of November, the Tea Party is not a surprise party. This one is scheduled. That means expectations, and that means risk.

We have an obligation to hit at least the ballpark range of the 5th, otherwise it will be seen by some as a disappointment even if that's not true (as other candidate's money-bomb flops can attest to). I cannot predict the media but I am also willing to bet that some (like FOX) would be all too willing to not pay too much respect if not brush the event off if it came in short of that.
Some expectations might even be set as high as 10 million, but 5 or 6 will probably get the talking heads going again for a while. 10 of course would probably set off more alarm bells, especially given that would make 20+ for the quarter and possible out-raise the frontrunners.

One way or another though, this event has both more potential up and down sides to it than the last. With a good showing, and live support of rallies/etc. on the 15th, this could work out really well, with more lead up coverage and a solid response on Monday, but I would suggest in those last two weeks that we really focus on boosting that weekend and not worry so much about other funds. If we keep leeching out the buildup, it may end up being a mediocre or disappointing haul, and I don’t think we want to allow the opportunity for that. I do not trust the media to offer fair coverage we need a good enough spectacle.

Remember, all of this is about EXPOSURE, and second to that POSITIVE exposure. The media attention itself is as much the goal as the advertising that the money will pay for. We should be forging ahead with the most effective plans to win that exposure. Your dollars in event like this are paying for two things at once.

I am of course only talking about fundraising here, NOT activism. Activism could spike as much as it wants. Maybe we could use that time to focus more on local/early state work, and in-person events leading up to the 15th/16th.

Again, we obviously want to keep some money coming in, but I think between random donations, live fundraisers, and email-spurred requests (and even some interesting tangents, like the blimp), the campaign will be fine. They have not spent all of their money and if they know more is coming they can spend down a bit more. It is only two weeks at that point to wait for the lump funds, after what is likely to be a small jump this week. That’s more than enough to keep them healthy for the time being. So if you agree with this, let’s galvanize this effort once December hits, and make sure the Tea Party an weekend of liberty are not easy to ignore.

JustAnotherV
11-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Why am I bringing this up again?

First, today is the last day of November and today's money bomb brings the month to a close, so this topic is relevant.

Second, look how the media caught on quickly to rudysreadinglist and the 2.5 million dollar goal (which we are nowhere near). They are on top of this stuff now. We CANNNOT AFFORD THE TEAPARTY FLOPPING. It needs to get at least to the Nov 5th area, and preferably to 5 or 6 million. They may not cover this as a flop because there was very little lead-up to it, but I do not trust the spin machine with the 16th given the recognition it has had and probably will have.

So finish out the day, and then let's get our eye back on the ball. Half a month until we make some real noise again, and hope that the combination of that with 15th rallies, and any more media attention and debate time we can get will crack RP into the double digits, at the very least in NH, but hopefully in NV (ripe), SC, and Iowa.

(Sorry to bump my own topic but it's much easier for me to find this thread...)

kylejack
11-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Right, except for my December 7th Pearl Harbor Day fundraiser.

JustAnotherV
11-30-2007, 01:53 PM
<Cartman> Seriously you guys, serious-lah. </Cartman>

JustAnotherV
11-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Hopefully there won't be too much of this but it is bolstering the feeling I had from above.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7119.html

Still today is nothing to sneeze at, I htink we are going to at least over .5 million, but I'm triyng to make sure that we understand that a lot of the MSM will hop on these types of things as "failure." And just like Ron mentioned regarding the NAU question from the debate, it doesn't require a conspiracy to happen. It's an ideology and a mentality that they have.

me3
11-30-2007, 05:53 PM
12/7 for teh w1n!!!!!1111

LibertyEagle
11-30-2007, 05:53 PM

You're kidding, I hope.

krott5333
11-30-2007, 05:54 PM
defintely.

If anyone comes up with any more money bombs between now and the 16th, im going to flip my lid

Naraku
11-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Yeah, but Mitt Romney actually has a Pearl Harbor bomb going! Lol!

jake
11-30-2007, 05:55 PM
someone will, be it will be shot down quicker than mitt romney flip-flopping on abortion

Benaiah
11-30-2007, 05:58 PM
defintely.

If anyone comes up with any more money bombs between now and the 16th, im going to flip my lid

agreed. 16th needs to be huge, it really does.

JustAnotherV
11-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Yeah, but Mitt Romney actually has a Pearl Harbor bomb going! Lol!

Unless Romney gets his corporate stooges to push it, he probably won't make much money. I won't swear to that, but it's an educated guess. If it does make money, hopefully there will be a tally of donors/average contributions per person.

In either respect, it would be best to let other people's money bombs... bomb, like the ones for Fred, Obama, and Huckabee did, and maybe the media can cover that for a change when we then come back with a very substantial one. If you beleive the pledges, Dec 16th is a lock for at least 2 mil.

chowda
11-30-2007, 06:04 PM
That 2.5 million dollar goal is the problem... that was ridiculously high... today is a raging success by any measure but that one... setting these $2.5 and $10 million dollar goals is just plain silly... we've just had the second best day of the quarter and it was organized in less than 2 weeks... amazing... but now we have to be held to this weird-ass multi-million dollar goal that should never have been set in the first place.

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 06:07 PM
After current events, December fundraising should focus on the 16th

Nothing like stating the obvious. ;) One goal at a time, folks... one goal at a time... let's concentrate on this ongoing Nov. 30th bomb....

Let's focus on Dec. 16 tomorrow morning.

kylejack
11-30-2007, 06:11 PM
You're kidding, I hope.
It sounds like you hate freedom. A lot of our brave men and women died on Pearl Harbor Day, and the Pearl Harbor USS Arizona Smokestack Moneybomb will honor their memory. This is actually a two day money bomb, and the sister money bomb on December 8th is the Declare War On Japan Moneybomb. December 12th will be the Kenyan Independence Moneybomb to celebrate this brave nation gaining their independence on this day in 1963, and finally, on December 14th we will have the Farewell George Washington Moneybomb to mourn his passing on this day in 1799. That should set us up well for the Tea Party.

JustAnotherV
11-30-2007, 06:18 PM
It sounds like you hate freedom. A lot of our brave men and women died on Pearl Harbor Day, and the Pearl Harbor USS Arizona Smokestack Moneybomb will honor their memory. This is actually a two day money bomb, and the sister money bomb on December 8th is the Declare War On Japan Moneybomb. December 12th will be the Kenyan Independence Moneybomb to celebrate this brave nation gaining their independence on this day in 1963, and finally, on December 14th we will have the Farewell George Washington Moneybomb to mourn his passing on this day in 1799. That should set us up well for the Tea Party.

So we're just supposed to take our marching orders for Al Kay-dur, then, huh?

:P :P :P

kylejack
11-30-2007, 06:32 PM
So we're just supposed to take our marching orders for Al Kay-dur, then, huh?

:P :P :P

NO! We should take our marching orders from Trevor Lyman!

Richandler
11-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Can you guys stop playing campaign dictator? Please!

pointe
11-30-2007, 06:37 PM
People who don't support the Kenyan Independence Moneybomb are trolls.

;)

derekjohnson
11-30-2007, 06:37 PM
The important point to try to get out is while goals were set high for each money bomb, the actual pledges both in cash and in total pledges more than doubled the projections. With almost 23,000 donors signed up for the 16th, we should probably expect more than 50,000-60,000 donors. It will be impossible to ignore the teaparty.

JustAnotherV
11-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Can you guys stop playing campaign dictator? Please!

I don't know if you are joking also, but we were ;) Just having some fun amist the more serious topic. Those were modified debate lines.

JustAnotherV
11-30-2007, 06:48 PM
The important point to try to get out is while goals were set high for each money bomb, the actual pledges both in cash and in total pledges more than doubled the projections. With almost 23,000 donors signed up for the 16th, we should probably expect more than 50,000-60,000 donors. It will be impossible to ignore the teaparty.

I'd like to think that's true, but you never know. Is there a larger ratio because the other one was a first? It could be the same, less or even more of a spread. I am inherently dubious of nonbinding polls which is why I was counting it a bit more conservatively.