PDA

View Full Version : Torn between (several) donations

Sematary
11-27-2007, 03:18 PM
First, I am COMMITTED to the December 16 teaparty but I have limited funds available to me so I can only do so much. I have $400 to give total. I am giving $100 on Nov 30 because I'm convinced we need to do something as the campaign obviously needs cash. So, I'm left wondering - should I give them another $100 today and $200 on the 16th or should I hold on to the money till the 16th? It's all so confusing. I also wonder if I can somehow get more funds for the sixteenth, thereby negating my issues with donating now. It's all so confusing.
I guess, seeing as I REALLY want the campaign to do well, that I will give $100 now, $100 on the 30th and then try and raise a little more for the 16th through Ebay auctions or something. bleh.

austin356
11-27-2007, 03:19 PM
$200 this week

$200 to fulfill your pledge. (remember your probably only pledged $100 so you are already doubling it)

TechnoGuyRob
11-27-2007, 03:20 PM
$100 Nov 30th, $50 today, $350 on December 16th (raise some more money)

Benaiah
11-27-2007, 03:24 PM
The more on the 16th the better. If we all gave half our money now or on the 30th, and half on the 16th, then the 16th would only be a 4-5 million day instead of a 8-10 million dollar day.

/shrug

hopeforamerica
11-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Can you have a garage sale? People buy junk that you would not believe. When we have one, we generally make well over $100. Maybe it's too cold to have one? I live in AZ where we have them year round.

ClayTrainor
11-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Personally, i'd say give $100 on the 30th, and 300 on the 16th... that's what i'd do in your position :)

ItsTime
11-27-2007, 03:25 PM
I agree with this. We are trying to reach $12 million by the 1st. That is what the 30th is all about. So giving a little now wont hurt the 30th in one bit. It will bring us closer to the 30th goal. $250 on the 16th because people are watching that date a lot more.

But I do think we should try our hardest to get to 12 million by the 1st because the campaign could use more of that money earlier for New Hampshire and Iowa.

$100 Nov 30th, $50 today, $350 on December 16th (raise some more money)

akovacs
11-27-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm pretty much saving everything I've got for the 16th now. If the 30th gets close to a goal (Such as $12 million), I might donate a little to help.

I think now that we have to reach the $10 million goal or more on the 16th and not fulfilling that expectation could be bad press.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: I DON'T WANT TO GET INTO AN ARGUMENT ABOUT WHICH DAY IS BETTER. I ONLY MENTIONED MY OPINION BECAUSE I AM IN A SIMILAR SITUATION. DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO.

ItsTime
11-27-2007, 03:28 PM
This is what is so great about the 30th. We always have the 16th coming right after so those of us who can not donate on the 30th wont and those of us who can will.

I'm pretty much saving everything I've got for the 16th now. If the 30th gets close to a goal (Such as $12 million), I might donate a little to help.

I think now that we have to reach the $10 million goal or more on the 16th and not fulfilling that expectation could be bad press.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: I DON'T WANT TO GET INTO AN ARGUMENT ABOUT WHICH DAY IS BETTER. I ONLY MENTIONED MY OPINION BECAUSE I AM IN A SIMILAR SITUATION. DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO.

me3
11-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Donate with your conscience Bob. Both of your strategies sound reasonable.

austin356
11-27-2007, 03:29 PM
The more on the 16th the better. If we all gave half our money now or on the 30th, and half on the 16th, then the 16th would only be a 4-5 million day instead of a 8-10 million dollar day.

/shrug

What good is 10 million if you have already lost Iowa and New Hampshire and thus been rendered completely unviable?

shadowhooch
11-27-2007, 03:30 PM
I would....

Give $100 now because it doesn't matter if it is now or if it is the 30th as the goal is 12 million total (not a day goal).

If we actually do get close to 12 million on Friday, buck up another $100 on the 30th.

Then give your final $200 on the 16th. Afterall, it is still double what you pledged.

Sematary
11-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Dear Robert Larkin,

Thank you very much for your donation of $100.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

So, I will donate another $100 on the 30th and I will start some Ebay auctions this week so I can have more for the 16th. :)
I have a TON of computer parts, hard drives, motherboards, heat syncs, etc... which should net me at least $100 or so (I hope).

jonahtrainer
11-27-2007, 03:55 PM
First, I am COMMITTED to the December 16 teaparty but I have limited funds available to me so I can only do so much. I have $400 to give total. I am giving $100 on Nov 30 because I'm convinced we need to do something as the campaign obviously needs cash. So, I'm left wondering - should I give them another $100 today and $200 on the 16th or should I hold on to the money till the 16th? It's all so confusing. I also wonder if I can somehow get more funds for the sixteenth, thereby negating my issues with donating now. It's all so confusing.
I guess, seeing as I REALLY want the campaign to do well, that I will give $100 now, $100 on the 30th and then try and raise a little more for the 16th through Ebay auctions or something. bleh.

I would give it all in a lump sum to reduce credit card transaction costs and thus increase net cash to the campaign. I would donate on the 16th because that will help generate more media exposure. That day is going to be huge.

The campaign doesn't even know what to do with all the $$$ that has been raised. It is already far beyond their expectation. There is a higher Voter Return on Investment through our grassroots efforts anyways .... it is just the nature of advertising. Radio/TV pales in results compared to word of mouth. When people get a DVD from someone they trust with a strong endorsement to view it a vote is gained with a much lower cost than a TV/radio ad.

These 'money bombs' are a visible evidence of our powerful word of mouth operation. I am sure most political experts are scratching their head when Ron Paul responds 'I don't even know the guy who organized it.' These bombs are a much smaller symptom of what is really happening. Let's continue shaking the crap out of the current system.

Sematary
11-27-2007, 03:56 PM
I would give it all in a lump sum to reduce credit card transaction costs and thus increase net cash to the campaign. I would donate on the 16th because that will help generate more media exposure. That day is going to be huge.

The campaign doesn't even know what to do with all the $$$ that has been raised. It is already far beyond their expectation. There is a higher Voter Return on Investment through our grassroots efforts anyways .... it is just the nature of advertising. Radio/TV pales in results compared to word of mouth. When people get a DVD from someone they trust with a strong endorsement to view it a vote is gained with a much lower cost than a TV/radio ad.

These 'money bombs' are a visible evidence of our powerful word of mouth operation. I am sure most political experts are scratching their head when Ron Paul responds 'I don't even know the guy who organized it.' These bombs are a much smaller symptom of what is really happening. Let's continue shaking the crap out of the current system.

I intend to.

Maverick
11-27-2007, 04:01 PM
What good is 10 million if you have already lost Iowa and New Hampshire and thus been rendered completely unviable?

I don't want to get into a argument over who should donate when, but I still haven't been able to fully comprehend this statement I guess. I'm sure targeted advertising is effective, and I'm sure the campaign could use more of it, but to frame the discussion in a manner that suggests that those votes are already lost if we don't have money NOW doesn't make sense to me. Iowa and NH voters are still very undecided, and will probably still be that way almost to the day. I've seen so many news reports declaring that Iowan voters especially are notorious about not making up their minds until the last second.