PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Failure

Anti Federalist
07-26-2013, 01:45 PM
LOL, "I do not wish to give my opinion on this topic".

Proceeds to give, wrong, opinion on this topic.

From the comment section of this story:

U.S. Assures Russia Snowden Will Not Face Death Penalty

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/27/world/europe/edward-snowden.html?_r=0

Blarg, blarg, government mouthpieces, blarg, blarg, government organs.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin
Canada

I am a Canadian and I do wish to give my opinion into this topic. Personally, I don't mind if the US government is listening to phone calls, reading emails, etc. Heck.. I'll even give them my passwords to accounts if it'll make their job easier.

I can see the great importance in gathering intelligence to protect the US and it's allies. Intelligence gathering in the 21st century needs to utilize 21st century technologies. I have trouble understanding what the concern is about this. Would people want 'black sites', torture, etc. instead?

Reading emails or listening in on phone calls is a lot better than indiscriminate killing during wars (collateral loss of innocent life), racial profiling at airports, etc. Nobody wants to be in a state of war and finding those people who are planning nasty things is important. If allied countries can sift through digitial intelligence to focus attention upon people of interest, isn't that better than travelling around the word to enter a country for things we 'kinda, sorta think' might be there?

Failure/inability to prevent attacks is something nobody wants. If reading my emails and listening in on my phone calls can help protect my US friends, then by all means please do that.