PDA

View Full Version : Kokesh transferred to D.C.

green73
07-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Drudge headline: VA authorities hand over man wanted for holding loaded gun in DC...

WASHINGTON - Adam Kokesh, a controversial activist seen loading a gun in D.C.'s Freedom Plaza in a video posted to YouTube July 4, has been transferred from Fairfax County and will be charged in D.C. in connection with the incident.

Kokesh had been arrested and charged with drug offenses in Fairfax County.

He is expected in D.C. Superior Court Friday.

An Iraq war veteran known for his controversial activism, Kokesh is seen in the video standing in an empty Freedom Plaza loading a shotgun.

Kokesh was allowed to post bail and leave jail ahead of his trial for felony drug charges in Fairfax County. Bond was set at $5,000.

ABC 7 reported that as part of his pre-trial release, Kokesh would be prohibited from possessing firearms.

Kokesh had planned and then canceled an armed march on Washington scheduled for July 4, 2013. Participants in the non-violent event, called the Open Carry March on Washington, were supposed to be armed with rifles.

The purpose of the march was to "put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated and cower in submission to tyranny," Kokesh said of the event on his website.

http://www.wtop.com/109/3401798/Kokesh-transferred-to-DC-faces-charge-related-to-gun-loading-video

pcosmar
07-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Sounds like this trial really needs to be front page.

ObiRandKenobi
07-26-2013, 12:30 PM
jury nullification

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-26-2013, 12:32 PM
jury nullification

http://fija.org

They have fliers...

Warlord
07-26-2013, 12:32 PM
jury nullification

ORDER, ORDER! NOT IN MY COURT! /fascist judge

kahless
07-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Kokesh had been arrested and charged with drug offenses in Fairfax County.

Average reader: oh this is some druggie, not important, nothing to see here. This propaganda is working perfectly against Kokesh. Just another reason why I think they planted the mushrooms.

I do not believe he is that stupid to allow them to find something knowing they would be coming after the protest.

VBRonPaulFan
07-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Sounds like this trial really needs to be front page.

last I read, his lawyer felt more confident about beating the federal charges rather than the local drug charges. so that's why he ended up paying bail, because he wanted to go into federal custody to fight that fight first, i guess.

georgedonnelly
07-26-2013, 01:09 PM
It's a single count of illegal possession of a shotgun. http://freeadam.net/2013/07/26/kokesh-dc/

georgedonnelly
07-26-2013, 02:40 PM
They denied Adam bail. He has a preliminary hearing Mon 29 Jul at 9AM. Latest details at: http://freeadam.net/2013/07/26/kokesh-dc/

PatriotOne
07-26-2013, 07:18 PM
And this is what all the knuckleheads who planned on marching with rifles in Washington could have been looking at also. 5k-10k in fines and 5-10 yrs in prison. Family and life ruined. Those park rangers did ya all a favor by arresting Kokesh. Not exactly a great plan to promote liberty eh?

He is specifically being charged with violating the following offense:

Carrying a Rifle or Shotgun (outside Home or Place of Business), in violation of 22 D.C. Code Section 4504 (a-1) (2001 ed.))

The maximum penalty for those who have not previously been convicted of a felony is a fine of $5,000 and/or up to five years in prison.

Those who have been convicted of a felony could face a fine of up to $10,000 and/or up to 10 years in prison.

JK/SEA
07-26-2013, 07:38 PM
And this is what all the knuckleheads who planned on marching with rifles in Washington could have been looking at also. 5k-10k in fines and 5-10 yrs in prison. Family and life ruined. Those park rangers did ya all a favor by arresting Kokesh. Not exactly a great plan to promote liberty eh?

Carrying a Rifle or Shotgun (outside Home or Place of Business), in violation of 22 D.C. Code Section 4504 (a-1) (2001 ed.))

The maximum penalty for those who have not previously been convicted of a felony is a fine of $5,000 and/or up to five years in prison.

Those who have been convicted of a felony could face a fine of up to $10,000 and/or up to 10 years in prison.

lol....funny shit. thanks for the....laugh.

CPUd
07-26-2013, 11:31 PM
Average reader: oh this is some druggie, not important, nothing to see here. This propaganda is working perfectly against Kokesh. Just another reason why I think they planted the mushrooms.

I do not believe he is that stupid to allow them to find something knowing they would be coming after the protest.

He claimed in the jailhouse interview that he did not have any mushrooms.

jclay2
07-27-2013, 12:28 AM

So what are you doing to end the tyranny in this nation? .... crickets?

What Adam did was incredibly brave and inspiring. Mocking his effort to resist is really quite despicable. How in the hell are we supposed to have a revolution of ideas and actual change without people rocking the boat? You are hopping mad if you think any real change will be done 100% by online donations, forum postings, or just working within the system.

-rep

CPUd
07-27-2013, 12:40 AM
The story just hit the front page of CNN's site. Comment section is pretty bad.

fr33
07-27-2013, 12:50 AM

Vote mine up :P

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/26/politics/kokesh-gun-held/index.html?hpt=hp_t2#comment-978107716

"The real criminals are the ones arresting and charging Kokesh with a crime."

green73
07-27-2013, 05:42 AM
They denied Adam bail. He has a preliminary hearing Mon 29 Jul at 9AM. Latest details at: http://freeadam.net/2013/07/26/kokesh-dc/

Thanks for the updates, George, and thanks for all you do for liberty!

green73
07-27-2013, 05:44 AM

You need to provide the URL so we can go set the morons straight.

green73
07-27-2013, 05:45 AM
You need to provide the URL so we can go set the morons straight.

Vote mine up :P

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/26/politics/kokesh-gun-held/index.html?hpt=hp_t2#comment-978107716

"The real criminals are the ones arresting and charging Kokesh with a crime."

;)