PDA

View Full Version : O Ron Paul, what hast thou wrought?

wgadget
07-26-2013, 07:14 AM
Chris Christie says libertarianism is DANGEROUS,

I ask, TO WHOM?

Neil Desmond
07-26-2013, 07:27 AM
I can think of all kinds of answers: authoritarians, career neocon politicians, etc.

VBRonPaulFan
07-26-2013, 07:27 AM

I ask, TO WHOM?

To the status quo. We all know why Christie is flipping his shit.

jkr
07-26-2013, 07:30 AM
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

yeah yeah, we've heard it all before Orwell

you know what actually is dangerous?
your weight
you fat, bloated, tub of democrat excrement

go suck on a twinke stay-puff

peace is dangerous...where do they dig up these losers?

Cap
07-26-2013, 07:36 AM
Just more proof that there is no difference in the parties.

kathy88
07-26-2013, 07:38 AM
To anyone who refuses to take responsibility for their own lives.

Anti Federalist
07-26-2013, 07:45 AM
The Whaling Wall

http://cdn1.tabletmag.com/wp-content/files_mf/christiebig40.jpg

Contumacious
07-26-2013, 07:55 AM

I ask, TO WHOM?

Demagogue politicians, tyrants and parasites.

Anti Federalist
07-26-2013, 08:00 AM
I have zero, and I mean zero concern that ululating Jihadists are going to storm my home in the middle of the night, grenade my children, kill my dog, abuse my family, shove automatic weapons in our face and possibly cut us all to ribbons with machine gun fire if any of us so much as twitches funny.

Zero.

Now, replace "ululating Jihadists" with "Officer Friendly and his Asshole Buddies in a FedCoat supplied tank", my concern level and chances of such an event occurring, skyrockets.

Fucking War is Peace, indeed.

Contumacious
07-26-2013, 08:04 AM
I have zero, and I mean zero concern that ululating Jihadists are going to storm my home in the middle of the night, grenade my children, kill my dog, abuse my family, shove automatic weapons in our face and possibly cut us all to ribbons with machine gun fire if any of us so much as twitches funny.

Zero.

Now, replace "ululating Jihadists" with "Officer Friendly and his Asshole Buddies in a FedCoat supplied tank", my concern level and chances of such an event occurring, skyrockets.

Fucking War is Peace, indeed.

Wut?

"ululating Jihadists" were not responsible for the Holocaust At Mount Carmel?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9f/Mountcarmelfire04-19-93-n.jpg/800px-Mountcarmelfire04-19-93-n.jpg

AuH20
07-26-2013, 08:09 AM
Rand should turn around and tell him that he's not a libertarian like he did in Kentucky. Christie would like to attack an abstract and soiled term like Libertarianism as opposed to the mother document known as the U.S. Constitution. This is the game that's being played. They are attempting to put a target on his head and run with it.

liveandletlive
07-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Tony Soprano would make a better governor than this clown

07-26-2013, 09:00 AM

I ask, TO WHOM?

Fat red governors in a blue state who pal around with obama.

KEEF
07-26-2013, 09:19 AM
Shut up Chris and just stick to being good at being a poster boy for the establishment and working on your figure...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyxcjowZTu1rn1isao1_1280.jpg

NIU Students for Liberty
07-26-2013, 09:27 AM
Rand should turn around and tell him that he's not a libertarian like he did in Kentucky. Christie would like to attack an abstract and soiled term like Libertarianism as opposed to the mother document known as the U.S. Constitution.

Because the term "conservative" doesn't have any baggage?

AuH20
07-26-2013, 09:28 AM

Constitutional Conservative. Conservative has been uniformly hijacked.

cajuncocoa
07-26-2013, 09:32 AM
+rep

LibertyEagle
07-26-2013, 09:39 AM

Stop and think about whose votes he is trying to win for the Republican nomination and then answer your own question.

AuH20
07-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Stop and think about whose votes he is trying to win for the Republican nomination and then answer your own question.

Not even that. Christie is too shrewd to attack the principles embodied in the founding document, so he calculated an easy attack on low hanging fruit, that being general Libertarianism. In the American psyche, Libertarianism has been perverted to embody sloth and Marijauna use as oppoosed to a vibrant life philosophy. Rand needs to cloak himself in the Constitution and take the fight to this fool as opposed to battling on his terms. Christie wants to run against a so-called "Libertarian" so he can bombard him with ridiculous, stereotypical & non-essential questions (see Ron's debates in 2012 where he asked some bizarre questions -- remember the Heroin inquiry?) so as to detach & isolate him from the general population.

NIU Students for Liberty
07-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Constitutional Conservative. Conservative has been uniformly hijacked.

Even with a term like that you have people like Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry, Glenn Beck, (Tea-o-cons in general) who have hijacked it and essentially cut and paste what they deem as convenient for them.

wgadget
07-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Rand Paul is the son of the Champion of the Constitution!

That's why They are afraid. AS They should be.

Gonna be a bummer for Them to dispute all of Ron's ideas which have been proven RIGHT, especially in the light of Their own UNConstitutional ideas. See Patriot Act.

wgadget
07-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Maybe it's finally time for LIBERTARIANISM to lose its stigma.

Christian Liberty
07-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Rand should turn around and tell him that he's not a libertarian like he did in Kentucky. Christie would like to attack an abstract and soiled term like Libertarianism as opposed to the mother document known as the U.S. Constitution. This is the game that's being played. They are attempting to put a target on his head and run with it.

Rand isn't a libertarian, so he'd just be telling the truth.

Not even that. Christie is too shrewd to attack the principles embodied in the founding document, so he calculated an easy attack on low hanging fruit, that being general Libertarianism. In the American psyche, Libertarianism has been perverted to embody sloth and Marijauna use as oppoosed to a vibrant life philosophy. Rand needs to cloak himself in the Constitution and take the fight to this fool as opposed to battling on his terms. Christie wants to run against a so-called "Libertarian" so he can bombard him with ridiculous, stereotypical & non-essential questions (see Ron's debates in 2012 where he asked some bizarre questions -- remember the Heroin inquiry?) so as to detach & isolate him from the general population.

Ron Paul answered the question with guts, and he was absolutely correct. That said, too many people are just terrified of heroin legalization, and Rand is trying to win, so if you're going to play any kind of "Pick your battles" type of a strategy, I wouldn't engage that issue beyond perhaps a passing reference to the 10th amendment.

AuH20
07-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Rand isn't a libertarian, so he'd just be telling the truth.

He's a hybrid like me. With that said, Libertarianism has alot to offer the world.

Ron Paul answered the question with guts, and he was absolutely correct. That said, too many people are just terrified of heroin legalization, and Rand is trying to win, so if you're going to play any kind of "Pick your battles" type of a strategy, I wouldn't engage that issue beyond perhaps a passing reference to the 10th amendment.

It's about creating false divides. Libertarianism has many appealing aspects, but enemies will use that one seemingly minor disagreement to cast their opponent in a negative light. He needs to avoid such traps.

wgadget
07-26-2013, 10:38 AM
I want to see a nationwide ad campaign with people of all stripes claiming I'M A LIBERTARIAN AND IM PROUD OF IT!

One can dream.

On a related note I heard Herman Cain claiming that all those "conservatives" who sat out the last election gave it to Obama. We all know who he's talking about, don't we?

GunnyFreedom
07-26-2013, 10:58 AM
It's amazing how far we've come from a nation founded exclusively on the ideal of liberty, to a country full of people who link liberty is crazy. :(

compromise
07-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Tony Soprano would make a better governor than this clown

They're both mobsters. Just a different kind.

compromise
07-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Even with a term like that you have people like Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry, Glenn Beck, (Tea-o-cons in general) who have hijacked it and essentially cut and paste what they deem as convenient for them.

Rick and Glenn are coming over. Ron Paul turned Perry against the Fed. Glenn is Rand's no.1 talk show shill.

PierzStyx
07-26-2013, 11:07 AM
The policies that Christie promotes are what lead to 9/11 in the first place. Turns out people don't like it when you bomb their countries, kill their families,torture their fellow countrymen, and intimidate their governments. Turns out it makes people defensive, angry, and violent. Violence begets violence. Creating more violence and enslaving the American people will bring neither prosperity nor security. But then again people like Christie aren't about those things anyway. They want power, pure unbridled power. Christie reminds me of O'Brien in so many way its sickening, and telling.

Anti Federalist
07-26-2013, 11:13 AM
It's amazing how far we've come from a nation founded exclusively on the ideal of liberty, to a country full of people who link liberty is crazy. :(

A real human paradox:

Liberty leads to wealth and plenty.

Wealth and plenty leads to sloth and apathy.

Sloth and apathy leads to tyranny and scarcity.

Tyranny and scarcity leads to enlightenment and bravery.

Enlightenment and bravery leads to rebellion and revolution.

Rebellion and revolution leads to liberty.

Anti Federalist
07-26-2013, 11:14 AM
The policies that Christie promotes are what lead to 9/11 in the first place. Turns out people don't like it when you bomb their countries, kill their families,torture their fellow countrymen, and intimidate their governments. Turns out it makes people defensive, angry, and violent. Violence begets violence. Creating more violence and enslaving the American people will bring neither prosperity nor security. But then again people like Christie aren't about those things anyway. They want power, pure unbridled power. Christie reminds me of O'Brien in so many way its sickening, and telling.

+rep

I think you forgot the bolded "don't" though.

Brian4Liberty
07-26-2013, 01:12 PM

Mark Levin has been taking credit lately for the "constitutional conservative" movement. We all forgot about the Constitution until Levin reminded us. :rolleyes:

Christian Liberty
07-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Mark Levin has been taking credit lately for the "constitutional conservative" movement. We all forgot about the Constitution until Levin reminded us. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but I can't hear you over all this freedom and Levin...

Anti Federalist
07-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Sorry, but I can't hear you over all this freedom and Levin...

Whoo Hoo...loud, ain't it?

*belch*

fr33
07-26-2013, 01:40 PM
"We're dangerous to the status quo!"

Sola_Fide
07-26-2013, 02:12 PM
http://cdn1.tabletmag.com/wp-content/files_mf/christiebig40.jpg

He gets his own embroidered cap? Wow...they really know how to treat the power brokers, dont they?

KEEF
07-26-2013, 02:36 PM

Now watch your tone of voice with that post, how are we going to be able to keep letting the government keep us safe with an attitude like that? ;)

KEEF
07-26-2013, 02:43 PM
A real human paradox:

Liberty leads to wealth and plenty.

Wealth and plenty leads to sloth and apathy.

Sloth and apathy leads to tyranny and scarcity.

Tyranny and scarcity leads to enlightenment and bravery.

Enlightenment and bravery leads to rebellion and revolution.

Rebellion and revolution leads to liberty.
It is like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga-ijQP0KxY

PierzStyx
07-31-2013, 06:54 AM
+rep

I think you forgot the bolded "don't" though.

I did. Silly typos. Thanks :)

Fredom101
07-31-2013, 08:22 AM

Rand needs to pick a side here.

He's on the one hand saying how the government spends too much and even has spoken out against having the military in 120 countries or whatever it is.

On the other hand, he's completely unwilling to even consider closures or even cutbacks to the 2 military bases in his state of Kentucky.

He has to stand by his principles, otherwise it's just after-the-fact arguments about what should be done with the stolen funds. How about not steal them in the first place?

jbauer
07-31-2013, 08:44 AM

I ask, TO WHOM?

Actually I think it's healthy to have this conversation. Prior to now say the word(s) libertarian was rarely done. Now MSM is saying without any trouble. By 2016 people will know what a libertarian leaning person is and we wont come off so much as wackos.

jbauer
07-31-2013, 08:52 AM
On a related note I heard Herman Cain claiming that all those "conservatives" who sat out the last election gave it to Obama. We all know who he's talking about, don't we?

Obviously he was talking about the Hispanic vote.