PDA

View Full Version : Amash - with him or against him...

surf
07-25-2013, 08:29 PM
we can agree that we have now clearly identified 217 representatives that need to be removed.

do the 205 deserve a pass this go round?

my rep voted correctly and cosponsored libert-e act. she's a liberal d.

Carlybee
07-25-2013, 09:08 PM
I certainly wouldn't want to alienate them at this point.

Keith and stuff
07-25-2013, 09:13 PM
we can agree that we have now clearly identified 217 representatives that need to be removed.

This is just 1 vote. I'd never work to remove a person based off of even 10 votes. Removing an incumbent Congressman is very hard, especially if he isn't in a swing district.

enhanced_deficit
07-25-2013, 09:18 PM
Support freedom.

kcchiefs6465
07-25-2013, 09:22 PM

The voice vote wasn't nearly as close. (about 1/3 for and 2/3's against.... at best) Some saw or knew the vote wasn't going to pass and voted to look good on paper.

Many wanted to vote against it but lacked the spine to face their constituents. Kind of amazing 12 people didn't vote and this didn't pass by 12 people.

They all knew how everyone would vote. A big goddamn circus probably. I have no doubts with the briefing, strategy was planned and implemented.

That said anyone who voted against this amendment needs removed. It's a start. That doesn't mean the other 205 need to be there. Just that they did their job for once in their career. The halls would echo if everyone that violated their Oath of Office were removed.

angelatc
07-25-2013, 09:38 PM
The voice vote wasn't nearly as close. (about 1/3 for and 2/3's against.... at best) Some saw or knew the vote wasn't going to pass and voted to look good on paper.

Many wanted to vote against it but lacked the spine to face their constituents..

That's how it is supposed to work.

I think that the best thing to do would be to look at the No votes, figure which are most vulnerable and work on replacing enough of them to win next time around.

fr33
07-25-2013, 09:42 PM
At the very least it's another incident to help identify "the enemy".

surf
07-25-2013, 10:18 PM
shitload of republican enemies on this list. here's hoping Dennis feels like going after Nancy.

my old rep (redistricting) is Dave "Cheney" Reichert. he needs to go.

The Northbreather
07-25-2013, 10:18 PM
This is just 1 vote. I'd never work to remove a person based off of even 10 votes. Removing an incumbent Congressman is very hard, especially if he isn't in a swing district.

Yeah but a vote like this, one that moves the country either up or down quite a few rungs on the tyranny ladder, really can show one where a politicians priorities lay.

MRK
07-25-2013, 10:24 PM
My old district's got a freshman occupant. She voted nay on the amendment. I took it upon myself to contact her and lambast her for not having conservative principles and informed her that if it continued then she could rest assured that I would be campaigning against her and in support of her replacement next election.

CPUd
07-26-2013, 12:28 AM
What does it take to redraw a district? A bit of gerrymandering could shake loose some of the safe ones.

shane77m
07-26-2013, 07:45 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1001078_360135957446285_1849294123_n.png

Brian4Liberty
07-26-2013, 01:18 PM

That said anyone who voted against this amendment needs removed. It's a start. That doesn't mean the other 205 need to be there. Just that they did their job for once in their career. The halls would echo if everyone that violated their Oath of Office were removed.

I think that the best thing to do would be to look at the No votes, figure which are most vulnerable and work on replacing enough of them to win next time around.

Yeah but a vote like this, one that moves the country either up or down quite a few rungs on the tyranny ladder, really can show one where a politicians priorities lay.

Agree.

This was an important vote. A deal breaker for many. Those who voted "no" need a Primary opponent who wants to defend and obey the Constitution. We need a lot of liberty candidates to step up this cycle.