PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Ventura's Son - Tyrel Ventura - to Join Ben Swann's Truth in Media Project Launch!

ZakCarter
07-25-2013, 05:28 PM
The very awesome Josh Tolley will also be joining Ben Swann's event on the 26th, but I'm spazzed out excited about Tyrel Ventura being a part of this!

http://benswann.com/ben-swann-live-events/

"Following in the family business, Tyrel Ventura has traveled a fascinating and diverse path in the entertainment industry. He broke into Hollywood working for the Academy Award®-winning actor and director Sean Penn on such films as 21 Grams, The Pledge and Mystic River. He has gone on to write, produce and direct numerous short films, television commercials and independent feature films, including Borders, Bluebird and the current release, The Wanderers.

Tyrel’s television producing experience includes My First Time for TV Land and a prominent role as producer for the MSNBC series Jesse Ventura’s America. Before joining Jesse Ventura’s on-air team of Conspiracy Theory investigators, Tyrel was a producer behind the scenes for the show’s first two seasons. A strong and influential political and social commentator online and in radio, Tyrel shares his father’s revolutionary spirit and search for truth."

Liberty IS Rising!

http://benswann.com/what-investigative-journalism-is-all-about/

donnay
07-25-2013, 05:44 PM
That is excellent! I love Tyrel he is a chip off the old block.

juleswin
07-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Good for him, but this just means that the project will be just that more costly to finance. I hope more people donate to his project so we can see what the finished product looks like.

Link to donate website is in my signature.

enhanced_deficit
07-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Double the trouble.

TaftFan
07-25-2013, 07:17 PM
This won't help the project's image, that's for sure. If anybody is a fan of the Conspiracy Theory show (I am, though I don't believe many of them), you will understand why.

donnay
07-25-2013, 07:21 PM
This won't help the project's image, that's for sure. If anybody is a fan of the Conspiracy Theory show (I am, though I don't believe many of them), you will understand why.

Donating will help this project regardless...have you donated?

eduardo89
07-25-2013, 07:23 PM

Any association with Jesse is bad news. That guy is a nutcase.

donnay
07-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Any association with Jesse is bad news. That guy is a nutcase.

Yeah lots of people thought that of Ron Paul too. He better not interview him either. :rolleyes:

juleswin
07-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Yeah lots of people thought that of Ron Paul too. He better not interview him either. :rolleyes:

Exactly, he must not offend the establishment guys. Only people that he should hire for the project should have political ideology between Mitch McConnel and Harry Reid

TaftFan
07-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Exactly, he must not offend the establishment guys. Only people that he should hire for the project should have political ideology between Mitch McConnel and Harry Reid

Conspiracy is not an ideology. I would like to see him hire strong libertarians and conservatives.

eduardo89
07-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Conspiracy is not an ideology.

But it is a mental illness to see a conspiracy in everything possible.

AngryCanadian
07-25-2013, 07:41 PM
You guys realize that some Conspiracy is now becoming a fact right?

The only people that are mocking it is the MSM. And some War Hawks.

juleswin
07-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Conspiracy is not an ideology. I would like to see him hire strong libertarians and conservatives.

And who said conspiracy is all he knows? For all we know, he could be a strong libertarian or conservative. Or maybe they brought him in as a conspiracy expert. Whatever the reason is, I am yet to see a reason not to trust Ben Swann's judgement.

My problem is that he is going to be an extra mouth to feed when the project is struggling with their fundraising.

donnay
07-25-2013, 08:04 PM

That's what Stalin said...before his goons put you in the gulags.

Carlybee
07-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Good. The whole point was to offer an alternative to mainstream media.

Carlybee
07-25-2013, 08:15 PM

Sounds just like what establishmentarians say. It could be a mental illness to believe everything the talking heads in mainstream media try to pass off as truth.

eduardo89
07-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Sounds just like what establishmentarians say. It could be a mental illness to believe everything the talking heads in mainstream media try to pass off as truth.

Believing everything the MSM and government say is naive and idiotic, thinking every single thing is a conspiracy is a mental disease.

A good dose of skepticism is healthy. Going to either extreme is not.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Good. The whole point was to offer an alternative to mainstream media.

Uh, not really. The goal, as I understood it, was to provide true investigative reporting to the mainstream. It was not to become another Alex Jones and preach to the choir.

Carlybee
07-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Believing everything the MSM and government say is naive and idiotic, thinking every single thing is a conspiracy is a mental disease.

Most people with a brain don't believe anything until they do their own due diligence, but I am thankful there are people out there who do take the time to look behind the curtain...because you damned sure can't depend on transparency. Saying all conspiracy theorists are mental is naive as well. You need to think outside the box sometimes. I've never been one to pooh-pooh something just because someone told me I should.

Carlybee
07-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Uh, not really. The goal, as I understood it, was to provide true investigative reporting to the mainstream. It was not to become another Alex Jones and preach to the choir.

And where did I say that? And where is it written that Jesse Ventura's son is going to turn it into a conspiracy show? I'm sure Ben knows what he is doing.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Hope so.

donnay
07-25-2013, 09:12 PM

Yeah I am definitely skeptical of what government says!

Carlybee
07-25-2013, 09:14 PM
He strikes me as being very professional and of being able to disseminate info without making it sound kooky. There are some things out there considered conspiracies that need to be looked into. Think about it...5 years ago who would have thought the NSA was spying on all citizens? It would have been called a conspiracy theory. Obviously if someone thinks there are aliens living here and masquerading as Starbucks baristas, that would be something to maybe be skeptical about.

eduardo89
07-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Most people with a brain don't believe anything until they do their own due diligence, but I am thankful there are people out there who do take the time to look behind the curtain...because you damned sure can't depend on transparency. Saying all conspiracy theorists are mental is naive as well. You need to think outside the box sometimes. I've never been one to pooh-pooh something just because someone told me I should.

I never said all conpiracy theorists are mental. I said its a mental illness to see a conpiracy in everything, sort of like Alex Jones.

Carlybee
07-25-2013, 09:18 PM
I never said all conpiracy theorists are mental. I said its a mental illness to see a conpiracy in everything, sort of like Alex Jones.

I don't think Alex Jones is mentally ill. I think he has a business. I also think he has brought some important things to light, while going overboard on others. As I said...due diligence.

krugminator
07-25-2013, 09:19 PM
I have got to say. This is really disappointingly poor judgement by Ben Swann.

eduardo89
07-25-2013, 09:20 PM
I have got to say. This is really disappointingly poor judgement by Ben Swann.

I'll wait and see, but just the name Ventura being attached to this makes me apprehensive about donating.

kcchiefs6465
07-25-2013, 09:27 PM
I'll wait and see, but just the name Ventura being attached to this makes me apprehensive about donating.
Listen to the man. He's not some idiot looking to get a name. Check his sources. If he is ever mistaken on something contact him and he will be the first to apologize and issue a retraction.

While the interview with Occupy was pretty damn bad on the interviewer's part (mainly the noise, children screaming in the background etc.) Ben Swann did an amazing job inspiring new journalists. Some very sound advice. The best of which was to source everything especially when being considered "alternative news."

People act like he is some sort of amateur.

eduardo89
07-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Listen to the man. He's not some idiot looking to get a name. Check his sources. If he is ever mistaken on something contact him and he will be the first to apologize and issue a retraction.

While the interview with Occupy was pretty damn bad on the interviewer's part (mainly the noise, children screaming in the background etc.) Ben Swann did an amazing job inspiring new journalists. Some very sound advice. The best of which was to source everything especially when being considered "alternative news."

People act like he is some sort of amateur.

I like Ben Swann, I'm just apprehensive about hiring Jesse Ventura's son. The Ventura name is toxic when it comes to credibility thanks to his nutcase of a father.

As I said, I'll wait and see, but I don't like this hiring.

donnay
07-25-2013, 09:34 PM
I like Ben Swann, I'm just apprehensive about hiring Jesse Ventura's son. The Ventura name is toxic when it comes to credibility thanks to his nutcase of a father.

Like you're some kind of share holder in what Ben does and doesn't do? Pffft. :rolleyes:

I going to go an donate so more money now.

eduardo89
07-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Like you're some kind of share holder in what Ben does and doesn't do? Pffft. :rolleyes:

I'm not a shareholder, but I want to see Ben succeed. I really like him and I think he's a great journalist. I hate to see his credibility suffer for association with a nutcase like Jesse Ventura.

I going to go an donate so more money now.

Good.

Carlybee
07-25-2013, 09:42 PM

As I said, I'll wait and see, but I don't like this hiring.'

You should have your authoritarian tendencies checked out. It may be a sign of mental illness.

eduardo89
07-25-2013, 09:43 PM
'

You should have your authoritarian tendencies checked out. It may be a sign of mental illness.

Sure, I'll go visit a respected "doctor" like Mercola.

donnay
07-25-2013, 09:44 PM
I'm not a shareholder, but I want to see Ben succeed. I really like him and I think he's a great journalist. I hate to see his credibility suffer for association with a nutcase like Jesse Ventura.

He's NOT associating with Jesse!

The Northbreather
07-25-2013, 09:44 PM

What of the fact that the actual policy makers of this world with their secret groups and intelligence system have created a self appointed shadow government that uses our "democratically elected" leaders as interchangeable roadblocks to real liberty?

Is that a conspiracy? Ron Paul must be mentally ill for revealing such ideas to the public!

eduardo89
07-25-2013, 09:47 PM
He's NOT associating with Jesse!

I never said he was. But he's associating himself with a Ventura, which will obviously be used by the "establishment" and MSM to attack his credibility.

Carlybee
07-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Sure, I'll go visit a respected "doctor" like Mercola.

You're right....perhaps a proctologist to remove the stick from your butt. You do realize that Ron Paul associated with Jones and Ventura, right?

fr33
07-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Who?

eduardo89
07-25-2013, 09:48 PM
You're right....perhaps a proctologist to remove the stick from your butt. You do realize that Ron Paul associated with Jones and Ventura, right?

And it certainly hurt Ron being associated with those fringe lunatics. I really hope Rand continues avoiding them.

krugminator
07-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Ben Swann is very polished and very smart. He has the potential to be like John Stossel or even better.

One thing you don't see Stossel doing is hanging around Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura. Even if people here like Jones and Ventura, they are not journalists. They are entertainers. I would much rather see Swann covering libertarian issues than covering fluoride in the water.

Carlybee
07-25-2013, 09:52 PM
And it certainly hurt Ron being associated with those fringe lunatics. I really hope Rand continues avoiding them.

I didn't realize Ben was starting a venture to benefit Rand.

The Northbreather
07-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Ben Swann is very polished and very smart. He has the potential to be like John Stossel or even better.

One thing you don't see Stossel doing is hanging around Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura. Even if people here like Jones and Ventura, they are not journalists. They are entertainers. I would much rather see Swann covering libertarian issues than covering fluoride in the water.

Liberty and truth have an uncanny quality of solving a broad spectrum of problems!!!!

eduardo89
07-25-2013, 10:08 PM
I didn't realize Ben was starting a venture to benefit Rand.

Where did I ever say that?

You brought up Ron Paul being associated with Ventura and Jones and the conspiracy fringe and I said that hurt him and that Rand shouldn't make the same mistake.

eduardo89
07-25-2013, 10:10 PM

Ben has so much more potential than just being another Stossel. He is much better spoken, starting out way younger, he seems more intelligent, he's a very handsome man...

I really wish Ben the best and have very high hopes. That's why it makes me cringe to see the Ventura name associated with him.

Carlybee
07-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Where did I ever say that?

You brought up Ron Paul being associated with Ventura and Jones and the conspiracy fringe and I said that hurt him and that Rand shouldn't make the same mistake.

It seemed like you were insinuating that. Maybe he is getting some financial backing from them. His kickstarter didn't do it. I for one think it's great but then I am not as conservative as you are.

PSYOP
07-26-2013, 06:52 AM
The last thing we need is a communists son having a star role in the liberty movement...

kcchiefs6465
07-26-2013, 06:58 AM
The last thing we need is a communists son having a star role in the liberty movement...
We understand psyop.

Carlybee
07-26-2013, 08:58 AM
This is what Ben's FB page says:

Ben Swann Full Disclosure
Shattering the Left/Right Paradigm

Sounds like he is on track to me

donnay
07-26-2013, 09:07 AM
This is what Ben's FB page says:

Ben Swann Full Disclosure
Shattering the Left/Right Paradigm

Sounds like he is on track to me

Sounds like it to me, too. Except the Polly Purebreds who are more worried about appearances than substance. Why am I not shocked?

jtstellar
07-26-2013, 09:26 AM

agreed tho ben with his many years in investigative reporting and from the tune in his interviews, he seems to know perfectly well the line between facts and opinions.. will wait to see the end result since that's the only thing counts.

i doubt ben will tarnish his reputation just to produce some entertainment show

ZakCarter
07-26-2013, 10:46 AM

Ben didn't hire Tyrel - Tyrel is just taking part in this event.... and having spent time to get to know Tyrel a bit, he's a pretty dang rational dude.

Keith and stuff
07-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Here is the event promo photo with the most people. As far as I've seen, anyway.

https://sphotos-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1011496_10201624592599381_949528435_n.jpghttps://sphotos-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1011496_10201624592599381_949528435_n.jpg

paulbot24
07-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Yeah I am definitely skeptical of what government says!

You? Naaaaaa.;)