PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Tasker, New Hampshire Legislator, Says He Needs Alcohol To Meet With Democrats

Keith and stuff
07-25-2013, 08:31 AM
Kyle Tasker, New Hampshire Legislator, Says He Needs Alcohol To Meet With Democrats
The Huffington Post | By John Celock Posted: 07/23/2013 2:10 pm EDT | Updated: 07/23/2013 3:32 pm EDT
huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/23/kyle-tasker-new-hampshire_n_3640196.html (htpp://huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/23/kyle-tasker-new-hampshire_n_3640196.html)

A Republican lawmaker in New Hampshire who once dropped one of his guns during a committee meeting says that he needs alcohol to attend meetings with Democrats.

State Rep. Kyle Tasker (R-Nottingham) made the comments in a July 17 post on the Facebook page of the Republican Liberty Caucus of New Hampshire. Tasker had started the thread by posting "What's it like sitting on criminal justice and public safety [committee] full of Democrats?" As part of his original post, he included a clip from the movie "Billy Madison," featuring the line:

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

In the comments on the post, Tasker was asked "how you people do it week after week." He responded "alcohol." When he was then asked if the alcohol was for himself or the Democrats, Tasker said: "Me, screw them."

"I'm gonna start dropping stuff in committee just to see their reaction," Tasker added, referencing a March 2012 incident when he accidentally dropped one of the two guns he carries during a meeting of the Public Safety Committee. At the time, Tasker said he was "feeling loopy" after giving blood earlier that day.

Under state legislative rules, Tasker and his colleagues can carry guns into the New Hampshire State House and in committee hearings, but are banned from carrying guns into the State House chamber.

Tasker was not available for immediate comment. His office at Tasker Drilling said that he and others were spending the day drilling. He also did not return an email for comment.

Tasker has a history of making bizarre Facebook posts. During a 2011 Facebook discussion of the state's deadly force law, he posted about being able to shoot police officers who point a gun at him. He later said he did not advocate shooting police officers and was rather engaging in an "intellectual discussion." Last month, he posted a video of radio show host Tommy Sotomayor saying that "black women are the worst stewards of children on the planet." Tasker told HuffPost at the time that he did not agree with Sotomayor. He said he posted the video because he wanted to highlight a section where a black woman threw her baby while on a bus in order to tackle someone. He said the one woman was an unfit parent and called her actions "horrific."

Christian Liberty
07-25-2013, 08:34 AM
LOL!