PDA

View Full Version : Time to step up sheriffs in Washington state

tod evans
07-25-2013, 02:10 AM
The feds have thrown down the gauntlet, the voters have passed law, now either earn your keep or step aside and give the job to a man who will respect the will of the people!

The accused must be released, the offending federal agents must be charged!

If the prosecuting attorney refuses to charge the federal offenders he must be forcibly thrown from office and an honorable man charged with the duty of prosecuting the villains!

Federal agents raid marijuana dispensaries in Washington

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/25/federal-agents-raid-marijuana-dispensaries-in-washington/?test=latestnews

SEATTLE – Federal agents have raided a number of medical marijuana dispensaries in the Puget Sound region.
Drug Enforcement Administration spokeswoman Jodie Underwood said Wednesday afternoon the operation ended Wednesday evening, but she declined to provide any specifics of the operation.
Washington state legalized adult possession of up to an ounce of marijuana last fall, but marijuana remains illegal under federal law.
Seattle medical marijuana attorney Douglas Hiatt said the targeted dispensaries include Seattle Cross, Tacoma Cross and Bayside Collective in Olympia.
Bayside employee Addy Norton said agents seized personal cell phones of dispensary workers and pot, but left computers and about $1,000 in cash. Agents told her the raid was part of a two-year investigation, and she said she was ordered to appear before a federal grand jury in Seattle in September.
The raid came just days after Bayside was burglarized on Sunday night.

Cap
07-25-2013, 06:07 AM
The feds have thrown down the gauntlet, the voters have passed law, now either earn your keep or step aside and give the job to a man who will respect the will of the people!
Billboard material right there.

Origanalist
07-25-2013, 06:24 AM
I guess they got their answer;

Washington State Marijuana Regulators Want More Federal Clarity On Rules

OLYMPIA, Wash., July 11 (Reuters) - Two Washington state regulators who are drafting rules for the state's newly legal recreational marijuana industry said they would benefit from clearer directives by the federal government on how to build a system that would avoid being shut down.

Chris Marr, one of three appointed members of the state Liquor Control Board charged with drafting state pot rules, said the U.S. Department of Justice had so far provided scant guidance on how to develop an industry that federal authorities, who view pot as an illegal drug, won't feel compelled to shutter.

"Policy is being established that will be a precursor for a large number of states," Marr said. "It's irresponsible. They should at least engage even if just for the purposes of information gathering."

Washington and Colorado last November became the first U.S. states to legalize recreational pot use, even as the drug remains illegal under federal law, and both expect to have recreational-use marijuana stores open starting next year.

Despite the federal pot prohibition, the states are proceeding with efforts to create rules for their nascent markets with provisions including pot advertising restrictions and security requirements for growing operations.

Engagement in those efforts could give federal authorities a voice in a process that could also serve as a model for other states that may pursue legalization in the future, Marr said.

But apart from a handful of opaque or piecemeal statements, the Obama administration has been tight-lipped in how it plans to respond to state legalization of the recreational marijuana.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/11/washington-state-marijuana_n_3582639.html

Origanalist
07-25-2013, 06:25 AM
Don't hold your breath waiting Tod.

osan
07-25-2013, 06:48 AM
I guess they got their answer;

Indeed.

I would arm myself to the teeth and kill anyone busting through my door in the ways the feds do. At some point we stand or we lie down. Which shall it be? I suspect the latter, but stupidly still hold out hope for the former.

tod evans
07-25-2013, 06:57 AM
Don't hold your breath waiting Tod.

I'm not...

People will plod along nicely, go to the polls and cast their ballot complacently, cheer on the rare occasion some legislation actually reflects their views but when it comes to actually getting off their collective asses to do something it's another story.

There's a better chance of getting a stand-up sheriff and prosecutor to do the dirty work than the citizenry....

And that's where this whole liberty movement falls short.:o

The grandmothers and small children could be convinced to pelt the federal hooligans with rocks before a bunch of "peaceful activists" take any action...

Root
07-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Colorado, get ready for next weeks raids!

JK/SEA
07-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Pretty sure there will be a bust by the FEDS. The case will end up at the Supreme Court.

ZENemy
07-25-2013, 08:45 AM
These dispensaries need to start arming themselves, FUCK legal, that is 100% LAWFUL

osan
07-25-2013, 09:29 AM
These dispensaries need to start arming themselves, FUCK legal, that is 100% LAWFUL

You get some fucking rep for the distinction between legal and lawful. Good on you for that. This point should get more air time than it does, which is next to zero, yet it is vitally important.

ZENemy
07-25-2013, 09:42 AM
You get some fucking rep for the distinction between legal and lawful. Good on you for that. This point should get more air time than it does, which is next to zero, yet it is vitally important.

Thanks man! And I totally agree.

surf
07-25-2013, 10:18 AM
"Bayside Collective employee Addy Norton said she was “terrified” during the raid, and DEA agents pointed guns in her face as they entered the building."

We have a National Guard here- i'm gonna ask governor No-balls to put them to good use protecting our citizens.

Occam's Banana
07-25-2013, 11:01 AM
"Hey, I just had a great idea! Let's ask the Feds how they want us to do something they don't want us to do!"

Yeah, that's gonna work ...

OLYMPIA, Wash., July 11 (Reuters) - Two Washington state regulators who are drafting rules for the state's newly legal recreational marijuana industry said they would benefit from clearer directives by the federal government on how to build a system that would avoid being shut down.

Chris Marr, one of three appointed members of the state Liquor Control Board charged with drafting state pot rules, said the U.S. Department of Justice had so far provided scant guidance on how to develop an industry that federal authorities, who view pot as an illegal drug, won't feel compelled to shutter.

"Policy is being established that will be a precursor for a large number of states," Marr said. "It's irresponsible. They should at least engage even if just for the purposes of information gathering."

I'm not sure which indicates the greater degree of stupidity: asking the Feds for "clarity" or "guidance" on something like this in the first place - or being disappointed when the Feds don't oblige you.

better-dead-than-fed
07-25-2013, 03:54 PM

Will you please break down the difference for me? I do not understand.

Scrapmo
07-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Rolling over like a whiped dog, just as expected. Sheriffs, DAs and local politicians only pull the tough guy act to people who cant fight back.

Keith and stuff
07-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Rolling over like a whiped dog, just as expected. Sheriffs, DAs and local politicians only pull the tough guy act to people who cant fight back.

1 of the problems is the legislative leaders and governor did not want it legalized. They want it banned. The people voted to legalize it against what the state government wanted. It is hard for a governor that wants to ban marijuana to take the extraordinary step of standing up to the Feds. If this was a law that passed with great legislative support and the backing of the governor, things might be different.

Dr.3D
07-25-2013, 06:43 PM
1 of the problems is the legislative leaders and governor did not want it legalized. They want it banned. The people voted to legalize it against what the state government wanted. It is hard for a governor that wants to ban marijuana to take the extraordinary step of standing up to the Feds. If this was a law that passed with great legislative support and the backing of the governor, things might be different.
Time to replace the governor.

surf
07-25-2013, 07:05 PM
Hey DEA, go be dicks in another state.

We don't need you wasting money and resources in a state where we legalized both the medical and recreational uses of marijuana.highest rated comment in the article by the Seattle Time (20 pos, 0 neg).

sad to note, however, that the article was on page B4

Scrapmo
07-25-2013, 07:18 PM

Thanks for the clarification.

How did it even come up for a vote? Some legislators had to push to get in on the ballot. How many legislators are needed in that state to get something like this rolling? I would be interested to know how this got passed in the first place given that legislative leaders were against it. Maybe that process can be a model to enact more policy change in other states.

surf
07-25-2013, 07:20 PM
initative Scrampo, endorsed by many media and politicians.

Washington Initiative 502 (I-502) "on marijuana reform" was an initiative to the Washington State Legislature, which appeared on the November 2012 general ballot, passing by a margin of approximately 56 to 44. Originally submitted to the Washington Secretary of State during the summer of 2011,[1] enough signatures were collected and submitted by December to meet the required 241,153 signatures, sending it to the legislature.[2] When the legislature adjourned without action in April, Initiative 502 automatically advanced to the November 2012 general ballot.[3] It was approved by popular vote on November 6, and will take effect over the course of a year, beginning with certification no later than December 6, 2012.[4] Along with a similar Colorado measure, Initiative 502 was called "an electoral first not only for America but for the world",[5] and credited for encouraging voter turnout of 81%, the highest in the nation.[6]
as described in voter's pamphlet

This measure removes state-law prohibitions against producing, processing, and selling marijuana, subject to licensing and regulation by the liquor control board; allow limited possession of marijuana by persons aged twenty-one and over; and impose 25% excise taxes on wholesale and retail sales of marijuana, earmarking revenue for purposes that include substance-abuse prevention, research, education, and healthcare. Laws prohibiting driving under the influence would be amended to include maximum thresholds for THC blood concentration.[7]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Initiative_502

Keith and stuff
07-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

How did it even come up for a vote? Some legislators had to push to get in on the ballot. How many legislators are needed in that state to get something like this rolling? I would be interested to know how this got passed in the first place given that legislative leaders were against it. Maybe that process can be a model to enact more policy change in other states.

The legislature did not want the measure to pass so it went to the people. I believe the legislature might have the power to repeal it. If that's true, the Feds might be trying to scaring the legislature to repeal it. http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Washington_2012_ballot_measures

surf
07-25-2013, 08:05 PM
there are many folks here that really believe this is a damn good idea. even many cops (though they are still mostly u-no-the-types). the folks that are already spending the tax-revenue (imo their estimates are way too high, pardon the pun) will begin to make noise if they realize their revenue source is in jeopardy, they've been silent so far.

depending on former Congressman Inslee's bureaucratic goals, this is really one of those issues that actually could get this state to recognize its "right" to tell the feds to fuck off.

i'm going to try and encourage the governor to put troops on the border to stop the feds if they're needed :cool:

our AG, "silent" Bob Ferguson needs to stand up for us.

Scrapmo
07-25-2013, 08:17 PM
there are many folks here that really believe this is a damn good idea. even many cops (though they are still mostly u-no-the-types). the folks that are already spending the tax-revenue (imo their estimates are way too high, pardon the pun) will begin to make noise if they realize their revenue source is in jeopardy, they've been silent so far.

depending on former Congressman Inslee's bureaucratic goals, this is really one of those issues that actually could get this state to recognize its "right" to tell the feds to fuck off.

i'm going to try and encourage the governor to put troops on the border to stop the feds if they're needed :cool:

our AG, "silent" Bob Ferguson needs to stand up for us.

Goodluck and Godsped. Hopefully other states can follow.