PDA

View Full Version : 20-Week Abortion Bans Enjoy Broad Support

RonPaulFanInGA
07-24-2013, 12:31 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/354317/20-week-abortion-bans-enjoy-broad-support-michael-j-new

AuH20
07-24-2013, 12:37 PM
I would hope so. That's 5 freaking months.

JK/SEA
07-24-2013, 12:54 PM
20 weeks?.....may as well allow 20 week post birth abortions.....oh wait...that would be icky, but acceptable to libs i'm sure, because afterall, they oppose wars and killing and shit like that.....

fu........ck.

gwax23
07-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Good

Keith and stuff
07-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Last Thursday, Rasmussen released a poll showing that 44 percent of likely U.S. voters support banning abortions after 20 weeks of gestation. Only 41 percent were opposed to such a ban. During the debate in Texas over HB2, many mainstream-media outlets tried to spin such laws as unpopular and extreme. However, there is a growing body of survey data indicating that these measures are fairly popular. This is the second poll in less than a month that finds 20-week abortion bans enjoy plurality support. A June poll commissioned by National Journal finds that Americans favor such a ban by a 48–44 percent margin.
Does that mean support is falling? Any month now, could support be equal for the 2 positions? It's already statistically equal.

angelatc
07-24-2013, 01:46 PM
I wonder how the polls were phrased? Because I am wondering if some of the opposition might even be from people who don't think it's enough.

eduardo89
07-24-2013, 02:06 PM
I wonder how the polls were phrased? Because I am wondering if some of the opposition might even be from people who don't think it's enough.

And the ones who don't know how developed a baby is by 20 weeks...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_reETJeKgBTs/SLQO7C_bIZI/AAAAAAAABDg/SIXjVwHcSrc/s320/fetus20+weeks.jpg

JK/SEA
07-24-2013, 02:29 PM
And the ones who don't know how developed a baby is by 20 weeks...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_reETJeKgBTs/SLQO7C_bIZI/AAAAAAAABDg/SIXjVwHcSrc/s320/fetus20+weeks.jpg

pretty sure there won't be any pro abortion members in here will comment, so i'll take the LIBERTY to for them...

''so what?''.....

eduardo89
07-24-2013, 02:33 PM
pretty sure there won't be any pro abortion members in here will comment, so i'll take the LIBERTY to for them...

''so what?''.....

See, I have no answer for that. If you cannot see the evil in murdering a child, then I just don't know what I can say to you. All I can do is pray that you open your heart to the love of the Holy Spirit and turn your back on the devil.

familydog
07-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Violence doesn't solve violence, even with broad support.

DamianTV
07-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Anyone seen Freakanomics?

---

http://www.mrconservative.com/files/2013/07/vaginas3.jpg

RonPaulFanInGA
07-24-2013, 02:53 PM

''so what?''.....

Have to admit, can't beat that logic.

Obama is killing kids with drones in the Middle East? So what?

Smart3
07-24-2013, 03:11 PM
The polling is very depressing and shows America's scientific illiteracy is dangerous.

a 20-week old fetus is not significantly different from a fetus at 16 weeks. It can not survive outside the womb on its own, it does not have self-awareness in any sense and it doesn't feel pain. (or at least, there's no concrete evidence it can feel pain)

If there absolutely must be an arbitrary cut-off point for abortion, then it should be 28 weeks, when a normal/healthy fetus would survive anywhere on the globe. Even still, it sickens me to think the Almighty State will be determining this, and not individual doctors. (whose medical opinion do you want, your doctor or the government?)

Origanalist
07-24-2013, 09:43 PM
The polling is very depressing and shows America's scientific illiteracy is dangerous.

a 20-week old fetus is not significantly different from a fetus at 16 weeks. It can not survive outside the womb on its own, it does not have self-awareness in any sense and it doesn't feel pain. (or at least, there's no concrete evidence it can feel pain)

If there absolutely must be an arbitrary cut-off point for abortion, then it should be 28 weeks, when a normal/healthy fetus would survive anywhere on the globe. Even still, it sickens me to think the Almighty State will be determining this, and not individual doctors. (whose medical opinion do you want, your doctor or the government?)

Every time you comment on abortion it sickens me.

angelatc
07-24-2013, 09:47 PM

Our resident drive by troll! "Well it should definitely be ok to kill your baby when you're 5 months along, but not 7." And that makes perfect sense to him, no doubt. People who support abortion are mentally ill. That's the only thing that explains it. And there's something seriously wrong with some who waits until they're 5 months along. That's obscene.

This is what evil looks like. Teaching girls that babies are a burden, and it's better to kill them. Refusing to allow mandated sonograms because women change their minds when they see the pictures. Why on Earth would someone want to be sure that a woman didn't change her mind? Because they're evil.

One of the legitimate functions of the state is to protect life.

eduardo89
07-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Every time you comment on abortion it sickens me.

Me too.

I remember him saying once that abortion should be used more often as a crime prevention method. Abort the children of the poor to lower crime rates.

Brett85
07-24-2013, 09:58 PM
These polls don't seem all that encouraging to me. Far more than 44-48% of the population should be in favor of banning abortion after five months. How can anyone think that five months isn't long enough to decide whether to have an abortion or not?

Origanalist
07-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Me too.

I remember saying once that abortion should be used more often as a crime prevention method. Abort the children of the poor to lower crime rates.

I am assuming you've had a change of heart?

eduardo89
07-24-2013, 10:00 PM
I am assuming you've had a change of heart?

Oops, I meant I remember him ("Smart"3) saying that. I find I absolutely disgusting.

I've always been pro-life, even when I was agnostic.

Origanalist
07-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Oops, I meant I remember him ("Smart"3) saying that. I find I absolutely disgusting.

I've always been pro-life, even when I was agnostic.

I thought that post was a little strange....

Smart3
07-26-2013, 02:31 AM
Our resident drive by troll! "Well it should definitely be ok to kill your baby when you're 5 months along, but not 7." And that makes perfect sense to him, no doubt. People who support abortion are mentally ill. That's the only thing that explains it. And there's something seriously wrong with some who waits until they're 5 months along. That's obscene.

This is what evil looks like. Teaching girls that babies are a burden, and it's better to kill them. Refusing to allow mandated sonograms because women change their minds when they see the pictures. Why on Earth would someone want to be sure that a woman didn't change her mind? Because they're evil.

One of the legitimate functions of the state is to protect life.

I thought I was clear? I don't support arbitrary cutoff points. I do not consider abortion a moral issue, I believe (and have said) that abortions of convenience should be discouraged from 16 weeks on. The only legitimate excuse for a later abortion is defects (Down's, Edward's, etc). Although my "excuse exception" is extremely expansive and so probably makes you and other anti-choice people very ill. The fact I not only support abortion in the case of Down's but strongly support it has already caused a war of words in a previous thread.

Me too.

I remember him saying once that abortion should be used more often as a crime prevention method. Abort the children of the poor to lower crime rates.
I'll double down and say family planning should be pushed in every poor school and neighborhood in the country.

eduardo89
07-26-2013, 02:50 AM
The disabled, the poor...what other undesirables do you think should be murdered?

You and Hitler would get along quite well, I'm sure you could have run the Action T4 program for him.

Origanalist
07-26-2013, 06:31 AM
I'll double down and say family planning should be pushed in every poor school and neighborhood in the country.

Just how hard would you be willing to push it S3?

Smart3
07-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Just how hard would you be willing to push it S3?
About as hard as Anthony Weiner.... ba dum tss.

On a serious note, I don't believe poor people should have more than three kids. It's not fair to the children to grow up poor.

eduardo89
07-26-2013, 06:34 PM
On a serious note, I don't believe poor people should have more than three kids. It's not fair to the children to grow up poor.

And how would you enforce that? Forced abortions? That honestly wouldn't surprise me for you to advocate something like that.

presence
07-26-2013, 06:36 PM
I'd honestly prefer the line at 10 weeks, but 20 is better than 30.

catfeathers
07-26-2013, 07:00 PM
If there absolutely must be an arbitrary cut-off point for abortion, then it should be 28 weeks, when a normal/healthy fetus would survive anywhere on the globe.

I can show you a picture of my 27 week grandson, Wyatt, if you'd like. He had a very good chance of survival but he died of Group B strep because they don't test for it that early.