PDA

View Full Version : Snowden granted entry to Russia

presence
07-24-2013, 07:27 AM
http://rt.com/news/snowden-entry-airport-asylum-521/
Snowden granted entry to Russia, free to leave airport

“They talked and Mr. Kucherena handed Snowden a package with documents, among which was the certificate that now allows him to leave the transit zone and go through Russian customs.”

Lucille
07-24-2013, 08:51 AM
I still can't believe he didn't have a second passport.

limequat
07-24-2013, 09:44 AM
I still can't believe he didn't have a second passport.

I find this hard to believe as well.

torchbearer
07-24-2013, 11:17 AM
well, now he could call these other country's bluffs by landing on their soil and requesting asylum in iceland.
his problem before was he was stuck. now- he is unstuck. he can travel with russian papers.

eduardo89
07-24-2013, 11:55 AM
I don't think people read the article...

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden will have to stay at a Moscow airport for a little longer as his asylum plea is still being reviewed by Russian immigration authorities, according to his lawyer.

Anatoly Kucherena said that the NSA-leaker plans to settle down in Russia. But for now, Snowden still cannot leave Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport.

As they met today, the lawyer handed Snowden the certificate proving that Russia’s Federal Migration Service is now reviewing his political asylum request.

Zippyjuan
07-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Putin doesn't want him to stay in Russia- that is why they are keeping him at the airport. Snowden is still trying for someplace in South America. He might end up leaving the airport without setting foot officially in Russia by getting put on a plane out of there.