PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul historic blimp might go airborne for Boston Tea Party

qwerty
11-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Ron Paul’s popular support continues to be demonstrated in creative ways. Grass roots volunteers for Republican presidential candidate, Ron Paul, have set up a website to raise money for a Ron Paul Blimp.

The website states that $350,000 is needed to launch the Ron Paul blimp and claims to have over $270,000 pledged for the effort. It also states that it would be the first presidential blimp in history.

The price tag of $350,000 will actually cover the cost of the skyship for 100 hours for the whole month of December. The site appears to be run by a Political Action Committee capping donors at $5000 per person and is only soliciting donations from maxed out contributors to Paul’s campaign.

The website states the intended goal of hovering above strategic events and location throughout the month. Ron Paul’s Boston Tea Party which already has 21,000 pledges for $100 donations and is likely to be the largest fund raising day in presidential history, is one strategic event mentioned on the website.

Ron Paul appears to be starting to out raise other frontrunners in the GOP race, impressively through thousands of small donations, indicating very strong support.

Ron Paul voted against the Iraq war and promises an immediate troop withdrawal. He also urges monetary reform returning to ‘sound money’ and has been critical of the Federal Reserve’s ability to print money out of thin air.

Paul has maintained that U.S. foreign policy and monetary policy are bankrupting America. He has also been critical of what he considers attempts to create a police state in the U.S. proposing the federal government police the borders of the U.S. instead.

Paul opposes federal income taxes and says he wants to protect social security for those in the system but allow young people to opt out of the system. Visit USA Daily's forum to discuss the 2008 election

http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=177525

Danny Molina
11-27-2007, 02:16 PM
See guys the blimp was a good idea. It's getting media attention.

Mark Rushmore
11-27-2007, 02:18 PM
If the blimp gets over Faneuil Hall by the rally on the 16th...

What a day it will be..

kylejack
11-27-2007, 02:19 PM
See guys the blimp was a good idea. It's getting media attention.

USA Daily gives every little thing about Ron Paul media attention.

Primbs
11-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Every story helps.

slantedview
11-27-2007, 02:25 PM
I would think the blimp would be used where it's needed most. Iowa? I dunno.

terryp
11-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Man what a great job. I will be waiting to see the coverage.

improv241
11-27-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm pumped about this. Can't wait!

sirachman
11-27-2007, 03:22 PM
If this blimp happens it will be National news for multiple days merely because there are literally never blimps anywhere, no presidential cantidate has ever used one to my knowledge, its huge, and its REALLY cool. This could definately help Ron win and I will cry from its sight once I see it.

hopeforamerica
11-27-2007, 03:34 PM
I just pledged.

spivey378
11-27-2007, 03:56 PM
its hilarious. i laugh whenever i think of the rp blimp. it will get tons of attention

"amazing....amazing"

Thomas_Paine
11-27-2007, 04:06 PM
blimp site is down

seapilot
11-27-2007, 04:15 PM
I would think the blimp would be used where it's needed most. Iowa? I dunno.

There is an active letter writing campaign to independent voters in Iowa. The blimp is more for name recognition and PR. Iowa does not have dense populations like the east coast. Millions will see it while its traveling between destination cities.