PDA

View Full Version : Karl Denninger Refutes the Detroit Failure Fallacies and the Notion of a Social Contract

AuH20
07-23-2013, 10:33 AM
As always, an interesting read. It sounds like Robert Reich and other progs are shocked that certain citizens had the gall to leave state mandated hellholes of their own choosing. It's pretty easy to understand. Fight or Flight. And since the former has been nullified by legal edict, the latter occured.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=222962

In response to Robert Reich's absurd claim that predominantly white suburbia should rescue the city hell or high water:

Here's the real "awkward" question -- what is your rational response when crime starts to move higher where you live? Should you simply sit and take it as your cars are stolen, your building defaced, your daughter raped, your grandmother mugged on the way back from church, and in addition pay ever-higher taxes in order to "suppress" these changes? Or is it more rational to move and let the animals fight among themselves -- a process that continues until there are only animals left?

Exactly who's fault is it when someone chooses to rape, rob, beat someone, murder, deface or steal someone else's property and generally behave like a thug? If you argue that it's anyone's responsibility other than the person doing it then you are claiming that all men and women are not equal, that some are lesser, and that those who are lesser are incapable of taking care of themselves -- that they are infants or worse -- not really human.

That's not really what you're calling the folks who you claim are "oppressed" -- right?

Why? Because neither they, or you, can force people to stay in a given place and reasonable, law-abiding, peaceful citizens will leave such an environment irrespective of their race, color or creed -- at which point you have no jobs, no chain grocery stores with reasonable prices and no economic opportunity. Eventually the thugs find themselves with no ambulances, no street lights (because they stole all the wiring) hulks of burned out buildings and no tax revenue for pay for services. Then people like Robert wring their hands and whine when the city cannot pay its cops, firefighters, EMTs and teachers -- and economically collapses.

There are those who want to call that decision "white flight." I call it rational behavior. When some group wants to behave like a pack of wolves and on top of it the city government makes it difficult or impossible for the rest of the people to defend themselves don't be surprised when those good and decent individuals and families say "screw that!" and leave.

They can, they have, they will and they should.

I know people who had multiple vehicles and wheels stolen from their cars in the 1970s and 1980s in Detroit, from the parking lot of their workplace, in broad daylight. More than once they came out to their car after work to find their car on four cinder blocks. Yes, the thieves were that brazen. They weren't worried about the shop-owner popping out of the front door with a 12ga and splattering them all over the sidewalk. Why not? Because defending your property in that fashion would be "illegal".....

angelatc
07-23-2013, 10:42 AM
I used to work with a guy who lived in Detroit in that era. He told me once he was driving to work on the interstate, and he got a flat tire. He pulled over on the shoulder to change it. He was jacking up the car when a black kid literally dropped down off the overpass, came up and started to pop the hood. My coworker stood up and said,"Hey what are you doing?" and the kid said, "You can have the tires. I just want the battery."

AuH20
07-23-2013, 10:45 AM
I used to work with a guy who lived in Detroit in that era. He told me once he was driving to work on the interstate, and he got a flat tire. He pulled over on the shoulder to change it. He was jacking up the car when a black kid literally dropped down off the overpass, came up and started to pop the hood. My coworker stood up and said,"Hey what are you doing?" and the kid said, "You can have the tires. I just want the battery."

Detroit seems to be 5 to 10 years ahead of the rest of the country, in terms of ruin. It's pretty shocking to witness.

HOLLYWOOD
07-23-2013, 10:59 AM
I doesn't matter the situation, whether it's the leadership in political government, leadership at places of work, leadership of a team, and/or leadership at home-family, morality sets the precedence of values and standards.

Corrupt, self indulging, authoritarian, no property rights, of immoral government, have created all of today's despotism environments across America.

No different than the Imperial Roman Empire... Rome continued to steal, flourish, and party off the serfs, while enriching themselves and making everyone else poorer as their civilization crumbled. Washington DC proves this over and over... Highest property values, lowest unemployment, zero cuts to budgets, more immoral spending which they have no money and inflict debt on the people.

To protect their "Marxism" by creating an all intrusive authoritarian oppressive society, run by a propaganda campaign to steal. When people have an out to that immorality, they leave, and DETROIT is a prefect example. Bad part, Americans are running out of places to run from oppression to freedom. All accordingly to the Federal Immoral plan.

AuH20
07-23-2013, 11:05 AM
If a real-life Frank Castle or Paul Kersey started to "clean up" inner Detroit, could you only imagine the outcry?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110416013952/deathwish/images/e/e3/Paul_Kersey_finger_gun.jpg

AuH20
07-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Bump. One of Denninger's best entries. It discusses the fraudulent pension system as well.