PDA

View Full Version : Citizen's Arrest

limequat
07-23-2013, 07:07 AM
It's common law all over the world that if a citizen witnesses a crime he or she can make a Citizen's Arrest and detain the criminal until authorities arrive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen%27s_arrest

It's obvious to all that are paying attention that the political class has no intention of abiding by the laws they pass for the rest of us, so here's a method that could legally be used to arrest DC criminals.

For instance:

DNI Clapper admitted to perjury. It would be perfectly lawful to detain him outside of congress, cuff him, and chain him to a tree until the cops arrive.

IRS Chief Council William Wilkins directed other IRS officials to apply special scrutiny to Tea Party applications. He could lawfully be chained to a tree until the authorities arrive.

I'm sure there are a million such cases, where an official as admitted to -or been implicated in- illegal activities and has not been arrested or charged. We as citizens cannot prosecute. But we can chain them to trees.

I suggest we use this thread to maintain a list of officials that are "eligible" for arrest.

Seraphim
07-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Nein. If this list is to exist it should be privately created. Don't give tyrants and boobus a reason to arrest YOU.

presence
07-23-2013, 07:48 AM
I'm pretty sure citizen's arrest only applies immediately after witnessing a felony.

limequat
07-23-2013, 08:25 AM
I'm pretty sure citizen's arrest only applies immediately after witnessing a felony.

Well Clapper committed perjury on tv, so if we watched it I think that counts as witnessing a felony.

WM_in_MO
07-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Well Clapper committed perjury on tv, so if we watched it I think that counts as witnessing a felony.
Stop using logic, mundane.

We have scheduled an appointment for you in Room 101.
It is scheduled for NOW.

Tinnuhana
07-23-2013, 08:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwEvysDpNm0

asurfaholic
07-23-2013, 08:57 AM

Varies state to state. In NC, if I remember correctly, there is no "citizens arrest", but if a mundane witnesses a crime, they can legally detain the criminal until police arrive.

This is pretty much the same thing, but its worth noting.

Problem with doing this is that people like Eric clapper have the power of government at thier backs, so they would likely brand you a terrorist, and apply all sorts of nifty charges against you.

Personally, instead of chaining them to a tree , I'd rather hang em.

shane77m
07-23-2013, 09:02 AM
It's common law all over the world that if a citizen witnesses a crime he or she can make a Citizen's Arrest and detain the criminal until authorities arrive.

It's obvious to all that are paying attention that the political class has no intention of abiding by the laws they pass for the rest of us, so here's a method that could legally be used to arrest DC criminals.

For instance:

DNI Clapper admitted to perjury. It would be perfectly lawful to detain him outside of congress, cuff him, and chain him to a tree until the cops arrive.

IRS Chief Council William Wilkins directed other IRS officials to apply special scrutiny to Tea Party applications. He could lawfully be chained to a tree until the authorities arrive.

I'm sure there are a million such cases, where an official as admitted to -or been implicated in- illegal activities and has not been arrested or charged. We as citizens cannot prosecute. But we can chain them to trees.

I suggest we use this thread to maintain a list of officials that are "eligible" for arrest.

Yes but you can't call the police because you will immediately be shot, your dog shot, your property seized, your family harassed, and your anus probed as you lay on the ground bleeding to death. You will most likely be taized many times as well. I say that in jest but there is some truth to it. If you performed a citizens arrest you would most likely be charged with kidnapping or something as such.

PaulConventionWV
07-23-2013, 11:09 AM

For instance:

Fuhgetaboudit.

Never gonna happen. You may say it's lawful, but who do you think the police are going to side with?

PaulConventionWV
07-23-2013, 11:09 AM

What part of "immediately after" do you not understand?

Nobexliberty
07-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Just chain most of the politicians to a tree in Minnesota during the winter while they are naked.

pcosmar
07-23-2013, 11:34 AM
I will post this again in hope,,because it is obvious that many had refused to read it when posted in the past.

http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

The Constitution contains no explicit provisions for criminal law enforcement. Nor did the constitutions of any of the several states contain such provisions at the time of the Founding. Early constitutions enunciated the intention that law enforcement was a universal duty that each person owed to the community, rather than a power of the government. Founding-era constitutions addressed law enforcement from the standpoint of individual liberties and placed explicit barriers upon the state.

For decades before and after the Revolution, the adjudication of criminals in America was governed primarily by the rule of private prosecution: (1) victims of serious crimes approached a community grand jury, (2) the grand jury investigated the matter and issued an indictment only if it concluded that a crime should be charged, and (3) the victim himself or his representative (generally an attorney but sometimes a state attorney general) prosecuted the defendant before a petit jury of twelve men.15 Criminal actions were only a step away from civil actions — the only material difference being that criminal claims ostensibly involved an interest of the public at large as well as the victim.16 Private prosecutors acted under authority of the people and in the name of the state — but for their own vindication.17 The very term "prosecutor" meant criminal plaintiff and implied a private person.18 A government prosecutor was referred to as an attorney general and was a rare phenomenon in criminal cases at the time of the nation's founding.19 When a private individual prosecuted an action in the name of the state, the attorney general was required to allow the prosecutor to use his name — even if the attorney general himself did not approve of the action.

The whole thing is worthy of a read,,and much contemplation.

Sadly,, it is clear that what is "right" has no place in the present corrupted system.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-23-2013, 11:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwEvysDpNm0

I knew I would find that here. However, I did not expect Barney to say "I'm givin' you a ticket for committin' a 9-11." :eek:

youngbuck
07-23-2013, 12:55 PM

So what about when you witness a cop contrive frivolous charges against a mundane and proceeds to arrest (i.e. KIDNAP) them? Kidnapping is a serious felony in my eyes, and thugs with badges do it as a matter of habit. If charges are contrived, then the cop has no legal authority to arrest, and thus it is kidnapping.

limequat
07-23-2013, 01:23 PM
So what about when you witness a cop contrive frivolous charges against a mundane and proceeds to arrest (i.e. KIDNAP) them? Kidnapping is a serious felony in my eyes, and thugs with badges do it as a matter of habit. If charges are contrived, then the cop has no legal authority to arrest, and thus it is kidnapping.

States will generally relieve cops of any burden proving lawful arrest. This is one difference between a citizens arrest and a police arrest. If a citizen makes a false arrest he/she can be sued or tried for kidnapping, etc.

Tinnuhana
07-23-2013, 02:23 PM
I knew I would find that here. However, I did not expect Barney to say "I'm givin' you a ticket for committin' a 9-11."
And then he threatened Gomer with a "9-12": Insulting an officer's intelligence. Glen Beck beware! :D

youngbuck
07-23-2013, 02:29 PM
States will generally relieve cops of any burden proving lawful arrest. This is one difference between a citizens arrest and a police arrest. If a citizen makes a false arrest he/she can be sued or tried for kidnapping, etc.

Yea, and that's all BS IMNSHO.

noneedtoaggress
07-23-2013, 03:33 PM
I will post this again in hope,,because it is obvious that many had refused to read it when posted in the past.

http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

The whole thing is worthy of a read,,and much contemplation.

Sadly,, it is clear that what is "right" has no place in the present corrupted system.

All arrests are supposed to be "citizen's arrests". Police are not supposed to be a class above any one else. A badge and a uniform doesn't grant extra rights. If there is an monopoly on responding to criminal action under the premise of having the sole authority to do so, it's going to result in the protection of those who commit criminal acts favorable to the establishment propped up under these authoritarian principles.

Flugel89
07-24-2013, 07:43 PM

Depends on where you are. In California you can perform a citizens arrest for a misdemeanor if it happens in your presence. If it's a felony you need reasonable suspicion that the person committed the act, witness or not.

Of course just following the code doesn't mean they can't sue you if you were wrong.