PDA

View Full Version : URGENT - I've been contacted by the press

JaylieWoW
11-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Please PM me if you are in the Birmingham, Alabama area. I've been contacted by someone at Fox (Birmingham) about doing a story on Ron Paul supporters in the Birmingham area.

I have been asked to contact other Birmingham area supporters for potential interviews for a story Fox is going to do.

Please PM me ASAP and I will give you my contact information so you can call me to discuss this!

I was contacted because of an email I sent to Fox News regarding Ron Paul's fundraising success on November 5th.

He's catchin' on I'm tellin' ya!

The following is the email I sent to Fox, I can't remember where I got the body from but it was from a Ron Paul support group, possibly the Birmingham group:

I'm a XXXXX, XXXXX resident, Ron Paul for President supporter, and I would love to see this story get the coverage it deserves:

As you can verify at ronpaul2008.com, or thisnovember5th.com, Ron Paul's supporters have INDEPENDENTLY organized to raise a record amount of money in one day, today, November 5th.

As of few hours ago, Ron Paul's campaign manager reported that "$2.2 Million had been raised in the last 14 hours"; this was when ronpaulgraphs.com was reporting $1.9M raised via credit card donations alone.

At the moment I'm writing you, http://ronpaulgraphs.com/nov_5_total.html is reporting $2.2M...so the total raised today SO FAR should be OVER $2.5 Million - and the graph shows NO slowdown in the donations. Almost certainly, more than $3 Million will be raised TODAY ALONE!

According to Paul's official site, http://www.ronpaul2008.com/, campaign contributions have NOW EXCEEDED LAST QUARTERS TOTAL, and are above $5.3 Million.

This is historic; this is MAJOR political news; this will shake and shape the odds of Paul's winning the Presidency and, certainly, of the Republican primaries. It is impossible to overstate the significance of the fact that this was not an outcome organized by the Paul organization. This was a spontaneous coming together of tens of thousands of Paul supporters who want to see this country returned to the limited Republic founded upon the bedrock of the Constitution.

Please give this event, and Paul's candidacy, the respectful coverage it has earned. Today's news should remove all reasonable doubt about his strength as a candidate and his first tier position.

Thank you,
Christy

P.S. I have no connection with the Ron Paul organization but am only a citizen who thinks his candidacy is of historic and critical importance to this country.

JaylieWoW
11-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Shameless Bump!!!!

Ethek
11-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Anyone have any insight for the lady?

hillertexas
11-27-2007, 02:05 PM
bump
Anyone in Birmingham??

Highstreet
11-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Good luck.

Is there a Ron Paul Meetup group in your area?

www.meetup.com

Mark Rushmore
11-27-2007, 02:09 PM
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/73/

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/807/

me3
11-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Whenever someone on the forum is trying to check for members regionally, I usually start looking in the state forums.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132

You can usually find a few people in your state to contact, who may be able to help, or spread the message.

deedles
11-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Here's my advice. I was interviewed up here in Wisconsin last week by a local newspaper. You WILL be asked about the neo-nazi donation business and 911 truthers in your group so...

have fun.

Brian Bailey
11-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Great job getting the word out and good luck! (bump)

JaylieWoW
11-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Here's my advice. I was interviewed up here in Wisconsin last week by a local newspaper. You WILL be asked about the neo-nazi donation business and 911 truthers in your group so...

have fun.

How did you respond?

hillertexas
11-27-2007, 02:35 PM

have fun.

Quick answers to these:
Neo-Nazi: As Ronald Reagan put it when confronted with the same sort of ambush tactics: “I didn’t accept their money because I support them, I accepted their money because they support me.” Also, HQ has come out with an official statement that you can use.

9/11 truthers: I think they like Ron Paul because he promises to de-classify the information about 9/11. It is about letting the truth out...no matter what it is. I would ask the reporter to define "9/11 truther" prior to your answer. They forget that all the 9/11 people want is information

Good luck.

JoshLowry
11-27-2007, 02:36 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=114

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=950

ronpaulblogsdotcom
11-27-2007, 03:14 PM
The meetup.com site has a RP Birmingham AL group with 217 members..... I am sure they would love to help.

I would contact the admin of that group and tell them what is happening. I am sure they can recommend some helpers, speakers, and supporters.... Maybe follow their current activities or soemthing....

JenHarris
11-27-2007, 03:21 PM
I actually really liked what Ron Paul said this morning on Morning Joe.

Don't have the direct quote but the gist of it was:
I endorse everyone's freedom to have their own views, but that doesn't mean I endorse their views.

Fyretrohl
11-27-2007, 03:25 PM
My repsonse...And a detailed version coming up soon on the 'what about these crack pot supporters'...

Yes, isn't it great in America that our Constitution guarantees everyone citizens right to take part in the political process and have their voice heard, regardless of if you or I agree with it. Wouldn't it be a shame if any candidate would choose to disregard the Constitution and to shut down those voices. What tyranny we would have then.

voytechs
11-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Mention the 16th, but I think the blimp is a pretty good piece of trivia for the MSM. They are still only catching on to the blimp thing. I personally still get very annoyed about the "isolationist" slander. I would bring this up in a small rant against the MSM bias and how they tend to mislead. At the same time use the opportunity to enlight about the irony of our current policies which are more isolationist than anything else.

me3
11-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Issues, issues, issues. Please try to highlight the issues that draw you to Dr. Paul. Use the interview as an aggressive promotion tool to gain support.

The fund raising and grassroots promotion is swell, but you will probably have the opportunity to get another 100+ supporters from this interview. Make the most of it. These chances are fleeting.

austin356
11-27-2007, 03:34 PM
OP please give me a call. We have many "problems" we have run into in the past when dealing with press. We should not make the same mistakes.

austin356
11-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Also get in touch with Shana, the National Homeschooling Coordinator that lives in Vance, but help lead the "Birmingham for Ron Paul" organization.

jake
11-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Issues, issues, issues. Please try to highlight the issues that draw you to Dr. Paul. Use the interview as an aggressive promotion tool to gain support.

The fund raising and grassroots promotion is swell, but you will probably have the opportunity to get another 100+ supporters from this interview. Make the most of it. These chances are fleeting.

well said.

JaylieWoW
11-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Also get in touch with Shana, the National Homeschooling Coordinator that lives in Vance, but help lead the "Birmingham for Ron Paul" organization.

I'm a member of the Bham Meetup group but haven't been active due to my stepson (he was diagnosed with cancer in September). I sent you a private message from the Meetup site and left my number for you as well. I will certainly give you a call when I'm able (I'm at work right now but should be able to break away here shortly).

Honestly I am VERY camera shy so I really wouldn't want to be the person to be interviewed. I would be a complete nervous WRECK!!

I really think the gist of the message he sent me wasn't to invite me to interview personally but rather to get him in touch with various supporters for him to interview and then do a story about.

I have Shana's email and have been in touch with her so I'll send her a copy of what was sent to me as well.

Thank you everyone for all the responses, I'm so excited that this opportunity came our way. I've been upset that because of everything going on in my life right now (my stepson having cancer is only one of many rough things we are facing), I am not able to get out and help as much as I want to. This contact was the result of an email I sent on November 5th regarding the big donation day. Further, the message I sent was a message someone else had suggested either on these forums or on the Bham Meetup forums.

I'm so excited I can hardly contain it!!

Edward
11-27-2007, 04:01 PM
I had the same thing happen to me. I contacted the four local networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox) on November 5th to give them a "tip" about what was happening. A reporter for one network replied asking me if I knew any local Ron Paul supporters that would agree to be interviewed. I had my local Meetup reps, who are more experienced in interviews than I, call him.

Take home message: Prepare a list of the tip lines (phone, fax, or e-mail) for your local media and contact their political desks on or around the 16th.