PDA

View Full Version : Dick Cheney Being Roundly Villified on Free Republic

AuH20
07-22-2013, 08:13 AM
Read the comments! The worm has gradually turned since 2007/2008 (the financial crash is when the awakening started)! Drip, drip, drip....This would have been a bannable offense in 2005.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3045225/posts?q=1&;page=151

My favorite comment:

To: dagogo redux
I’d rather have a foreign terrorist nuke go off here than a totalitarian police/surveillance state that thinks I’m a terrorist.
Absolutely.

Because if we destroy our open society and sacrifice our Freedom in exchange for a little temporary safety, all in the name of fighting Terror, then the Terrorists have already won!

Remember when a few of our perceptive statesmen were saying that after 9/11? It seems as if that principle has been totally cast aside at this point. Suddenly, totalitarianism seems completely reasonable to our leaders.

Now, it's as if our leaders are saying "As long as we can claim to keep the People relatively safe from Terror, then it's OK to have a totalitarian Police State. The First, Second, Fourth, Fifth, Ninth, and Tenth Amendments are outdated vestiges of a simpler time."

It shall not stand.

Warlord
07-22-2013, 08:27 AM
FR is a joke. they widely condemn everyone

Brett85
07-22-2013, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure there's anyone they like, except maybe Cruz.

Warlord
07-22-2013, 08:31 AM
my take on FR: some of these guys must be putting in a lot of money as ive posted on there before and been banned for stupid stuff but the lunatics some how remain and get away with quite sickening commnets. They're not very intellectual put it that way and i've always concluded these guys are funding the site to the tune of hundreds a quarter so the admins let it go

Also they have never got a political candidate elected unlike the proud tradition at RPF... this is the true grassroots. I hope we can awaken it under Bryan and accomplish more than the likes of FR and redstate

Brett85
07-22-2013, 08:38 AM
I've been banned from free republic twice and red state once, mostly for advocating a non interventionist foreign policy. Those sites are jokes. They won't tolerate any opinions that deviate from the pre-approved neo-con/pro state line.

AuH20
07-22-2013, 08:47 AM
I've been banned from free republic twice and red state once, mostly for advocating a non interventionist foreign policy. Those sites are jokes. They won't tolerate any opinions that deviate from the pre-approved neo-con/pro state line.

But those times are changing.

Bastiat's The Law
07-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Who do they like for 2016?

RonPaulFanInGA
07-22-2013, 09:08 AM
Whoever FreeRepublic likes the least ends up winning.

In 2008, they had multiple member polls where McCain was dead-last (behind even Jim Gilmore), and he won. In 2012, Romney was easily their least favorite candidate, and he won. All the candidates they loved the most (Fred Thompson, Duncan Hunter, Sarah Palin, etc.) were duds.

So the bad news is, if the trend continues, Christie will be your 2016 GOP nominee.

buck000
07-22-2013, 09:09 AM
I'm watching a Showtime documentary on Cheney, and I find him to be someone who had way too much power, was consistently wrong in his approach, and wound up doing more damage than good in his time in public office.

The fact that he has no pulse (http://gizmodo.com/5591021/dick-cheney-has-no-pulse-seriously) I find strangely fitting.

AuH20
07-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Who do they like for 2016?

1. Cruz
2. Rand

Warlord
07-22-2013, 10:45 AM

That's why they're ineffective.

Warlord
07-22-2013, 10:46 AM
1. Cruz
2. Rand

Palin at number 2. They hate Rand because he's for allegedly for AMNESTY despite many of the old time posters supporting Reagan who actually signed an unconditional one into law.

JCDenton0451
07-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Read the comments! The worm has gradually turned since 2007/2008 (the financial crash is when the awakening started)! Drip, drip, drip....This would have been a bannable offense in 2005.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3045225/posts?q=1&;page=151

At least something good came out of Obama presidency.:)