PDA

View Full Version : indiegogo campaign: Fly Edward Snowden Fly!

liberty2897
07-22-2013, 08:03 AM
Thoughts on this?

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fly-edward-snowden-fly

$1,673 Raised of $200,000 Goal
9 days left

liberty2897
07-22-2013, 06:21 PM
bump

$2,957 Raised of $200,000 Goal
8 days left

Carlybee
07-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Does contributing to this come with a target on your back?

liberty2897
07-22-2013, 06:35 PM

I'm contemplating the same thing. Anybody have any legal advice on this?

torchbearer
07-22-2013, 06:37 PM

if you post here regularly, you already have one.
might as well get yourself moved up to first class on the fema train.

The Northbreather
07-22-2013, 06:42 PM

https://www.onevanilla.com/onevanilla/

Prepaid Visa Card

http://boardingarea.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/frequentmiler/files/2013/04/OneVanilla.jpg

liberty2897
07-22-2013, 09:30 PM
if you post here regularly, you already have one.
might as well get yourself moved up to first class on the fema train.

okay, just donated. Anyone care to join me on the fema train?

$3,783 Raised of $200,000 Goal
8 days left

[edit]

I was hoping there would be a little more interest in this here at RPF considering the sacrifice that this guy made for all of us. I'll just add this quote from the Judge and leave it at that.

Human freedom lies in everyone's heart, but like every muscle, it needs exercise. It must do more than just lie there. It is our generation that has been granted the role of defending freedom in it's maximum hour of danger. My dear friends, we must not shrink from that responsibility. We must welcome it.
-Judge Napolitano

liberty2897
07-25-2013, 08:46 AM
FYI, this got cancelled. Received this from the person who started the campaign. (was over $5000 when it got stopped)

Hi everyone

I am sad to inform you that indiegogo has stopped the campaign "Fly Edward Snowden Fly".

In their explanation they cite legal concerns as a US company and the fact that bank account for Mr Snowden's support was not set up by Mr Snowden himself. I can understand the first reason to a degree, the second is just ridiculous: no support funds ( e.g. for Julian Assange and Bradley Manning) use bank accounts that are set up by the people who need the support - for a reason: they are either imprisoned or in limbo.

I believe this shows how difficult it is being made for people to support whistleblowers. But we should not give up that easily. I am now searching for a crowdfunding platform that has more courage and supports our cause.

Indiegogo also informed me that they will now refund all of you in full.

I put all your addresses into the bcc, so no one gets your email. If you would like to be informed about "Fly Edward Snowden Fly II" I will send you a message when everything is ready to go. If you'd like me to remove your email from the list of supporters please let me know.

All the best - onwards and upwards