PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: House to Vote to Expand the Department of Homeland Security's Power TODAY!

Spoa
07-22-2013, 07:54 AM
http://llphsecondrevolution.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/possible-key-vote-no-h-r-1542-wmd-intelligence-and-information-sharing-act-tcot-liberty/

From The Hill:

The House meets at noon today, and in the afternoon will consider up to six suspension bills, including one that would expand the intelligence activities of the Office of Intelligence and Analysis in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

The WMD Intelligence and Information Sharing Act, H.R. 1542, says the DHS office will support "homeland security-focused intelligence analysis" of terrorists and their plans to conduct various attacks against the United States, "involving chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear materials against the Nation." It says the office will also support intelligence activities related to possible attacks against the agricultural system of the U.S., or through attacks against the public health.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action#ixzz2ZmYKnOJt
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

The vote will likely happen TODAY!

Christian Liberty
07-22-2013, 07:55 AM
98-2 in the Senate.

Spoa
07-22-2013, 08:00 AM
98-2 in the Senate.

link?

Brett85
07-22-2013, 08:13 AM
So what's the specific objection to this bill? Does it contain warrantless searches? I'm not opposed to all surveillance and all intelligence gathering. I just think that the government should have to get a warrant and have to abide by the 4th amendment when conducting surveillance in America.

Spoa
07-22-2013, 08:16 AM
So what's the specific objection to this bill? Does it contain warrantless searches? I'm not opposed to all surveillance and all intelligence gathering. I just think that the government should have to get a warrant and have to abide by the 4th amendment when conducting surveillance in America.

That is why I put it as a possible key vote. I don't object to most things in the bill, but the concept is wrong. I would prefer the DHS be eliminated and intelligence activities be given back to the DoD. I also don't like how this bill is being debated under suspension of the rules...no amendments and hardly any debate.

tod evans
07-22-2013, 08:21 AM
I'm not opposed to all surveillance and all intelligence gathering. I just think that the government should have to get a warrant and have to abide by the 4th amendment when conducting surveillance in America.

I oppose any further funding of all agencies and their associated personnel and subcontractors who have already violated the 4th.

Further I move for criminal charges to be levied against all members of this conspiracy including judges/prosecutors/congressmen and janitors!

Brett85
07-22-2013, 08:21 AM
That is why I put it as a possible key vote. I don't object to most things in the bill, but the concept is wrong. I would prefer the DHS be eliminated and intelligence activities be given back to the DoD. I also don't like how this bill is being debated under suspension of the rules...no amendments and hardly any debate.

I think that the Department of Homeland Security should be abolished, but that not all of it's functions should be abolished. It has some legitimate functions that should simply be transferred to the Department of Defense. So I agree that the Department of Defense should be in charge of intelligence activities, (and the CIA) and that the Department of Homeland Security should be abolished. Still, I'm not sure I would vote against this bill if I felt that it didn't violate the 4th amendment. I guess I would need to read it and study it and come to a conclusion of whether or not it was Constitutional and proper.

Brett85
07-22-2013, 08:26 AM
I oppose any further funding of all agencies and their associated personnel and subcontractors who have already violated the 4th.

Further I move for criminal charges to be levied against all members of this conspiracy including judges/prosecutors/congressmen and janitors!

Yeah, you're pretty hardcore.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Yeah, you're pretty hardcore.

Why pretend there are laws if creeps aren't prosecuted for breaking them? Oh, because laws only apply to us and not them.