PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Black Guy from The 40 Year Old Virgin?

jFico89
07-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Romany Falco, best known for his role in The 40 Year Old Virgin, just wrote an awesome open letter to supporter of Trayvon Martin. I always liked this guy as an actor but now I appreciate him as a person.

"I haven't touched on the Trayvon Martin issue because race matters in this country are the paralysis of the American people. To constructively discuss Trayvon would require empathy, introspection and an understanding of America's social and economic history. This is why the open forums we have seen thus far seem to fuel more ignorance and bias than reasonable debate.

To be brutally honest, the only reason people are even aware of Trayvon Martin is because it became a topic within mainstream news and pop culture. Meaning: News directors saw it as a profitable, sensational story. Hundreds of blacks die annually in South Side Chicago without even a blurb. Trayvon isn't in the mainstream news for any reason other than ratings and profit. The news coverage on the Zimmerman case almost implies that the killing of this young black man is somehow an anomaly and I resent that.

In this country, if it isn't streamlined through mainstream media and pop culture, it doesn't seem to warrant national debate. Our "government" continues to wreak havoc on our civil liberties and there is little to no protest from the black community because of media diversion tactics that keep such pertinent issues out of mainstream media. But if Jay-Z or Rihanna were to make mention of it, we'd suddenly be jolted out of our sugar comas and protesting on freeways.

Kind of sounds like a Ron Pauler lol

Read More
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/romany-malco/a-message-to-trayvon-mart_b_3612231.html

asurfaholic
07-22-2013, 04:45 AM
Good guy

tod evans
07-22-2013, 04:47 AM
Sane-n-sensible...