PDA

View Full Version : Boehner: 'Judge us by how many laws we repeal'

Zippyjuan
07-21-2013, 08:37 PM
http://enews.earthlink.net/article/pol?guid=20130721/15673282-92b7-416e-acd2-eb51fd6805c6

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker John Boehner says Congress "ought to be judged on how many laws we repeal."

The Ohio Republican makes the comments on an interview aired Sunday on CBS "Face the Nation." He was responding to a question about how little Congress is doing these days.

Boehner says Congress "should not be judged by how many new laws we create."

He says the U.S. has "more laws than the administration could ever enforce."

Boehner says that view may be unpopular because this country has a divided government. Boehner says he and his allies in Congress are fighting for what they believe in. And he adds, "Sometimes the American people don't like this mess."

OK- so how many have you actually repealed? Vs how many enacted?

tangent4ronpaul
07-21-2013, 08:46 PM
When was the last time Congress repealed a law?

I would seriously like to see a law that says you have to repeal 4 pages of existing law for every new page of law enacted.

-t

aGameOfThrones
07-21-2013, 08:51 PM
When was the last time Congress repealed a law?

I would seriously like to see a law that says you have to repeal 4 pages of existing law for every new page of law enacted.

-t

When they thought of a way to make it worst.

Scrapmo
07-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Should be how many net laws are enacted and the total isnt a minus John Bonner.

DamianTV
07-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Considering the only laws that this asshat would repeal are those that place any restrictions on the Govt. He would never in his right mind repeal a law that places any restrictions on any Mundane.

Yeah, sure dude, youre dong a "good job" because so far you've repealed the Bill of Rights, Constitution, Declaration of Independence, removed Laws that allowed the Banks to collapse the Economy. The only laws he passes are ones that fuck us over. Ones that prohibit competition with the Status Quo. Ones that will eventually make it illegal to eat anything without Govt approval. Ones that grant immunity to performing criminal actions, and ones that turn the ordinary man into a Criminal by definition.

So lets judge you on those things. You have been judged and found to be guilty of High Crimes and Treason.

Anti Federalist
07-21-2013, 10:21 PM
He says the U.S. has "more laws than the administration could ever enforce."

More laws than anybody could know, at all levels, local, county, state and federal.

Millions of codes, rules, edicts, regulations, mandates, restrictions, laws, statutes and sanctions.

Unknowable and unenforceable.

Until now.

The Matrix goes online in September.

It will know all those rules.

It will know who is breaking them, where and when, in real time.

And through the Fusion Centers now all across the country, it will tell these guys:

http://media.northjersey.com/images/0215L_SWAT1.jpg

Have a nice day.

Anti Federalist
07-21-2013, 10:26 PM
OK- so how many have you actually repealed?

I can think of ten, off the top of my head...

http://www.shestokas.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/bill-of-rights.jpg

kcchiefs6465
07-21-2013, 10:29 PM

That's a Sheriff though.....

economics102
07-21-2013, 11:46 PM
I will judge him by how many times a day he violates the Constitution.

thoughtomator
07-21-2013, 11:49 PM
I do judge Boehner and Congress in general in part based on exactly the criteria he suggests. I would be very interested in having a session of Congress where they couldn't pass laws, only repeal them. Yet I can't name a single law Boehner & Co. want to repeal other than Obamacare.

DamianTV
07-22-2013, 12:10 AM
More laws than anybody could know, at all levels, local, county, state and federal.

Millions of codes, rules, edicts, regulations, mandates, restrictions, laws, statutes and sanctions.

Unknowable and unenforceable.

Until now.

The Matrix goes online in September.

It will know all those rules.

It will know who is breaking them, where and when, in real time.

And through the Fusion Centers now all across the country, it will tell these guys:

Have a nice day.

So not just on Boehner, but in general, how many laws are there on the books that Directly Conflict with another law that is on the books?

What I mean by that is that something like "only white shirts are allowed" and at the same time "white shirts are prohibited". I know there are laws out there like this, and they'll probably start enforcing both come September. Im just wondering about the Conflicting Laws...

DamianTV
07-22-2013, 12:12 AM
I do judge Boehner and Congress in general in part based on exactly the criteria he suggests. I would be very interested in having a session of Congress where they couldn't pass laws, only repeal them. Yet I can't name a single law Boehner & Co. want to repeal other than Obamacare.

He'd only do it if he could immediately reinstitute the same fucking law and just call it "Boehnercare". This guy, like Mayor Foodberg, and most others in congress, are full blown Narcisists. They are in love with themselves.

Zippyjuan
07-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Prior to leaving on their summer vacations (recess where they either take junkets at taxpayer expense or go around trying to raise more money or both), the Congress has passed a record low 18 bills in seven months. (The House did vote 34 times to end Obamacare in a purely symbolic effort since they knew it would not pass the Senate). (last year it was a then record low 54 bills). Only one undid any previous law- they voted to exempt air traffic controllers from the Sequestration cuts. That's it.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-22-2013, 04:43 PM
we got a country full of boners and weiners

Anti Federalist
07-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Prior to leaving on their summer vacations (recess where they either take junkets at taxpayer expense or go around trying to raise more money or both), the Congress has passed a record low 18 bills in seven months. (The House did vote 34 times to end Obamacare in a purely symbolic effort since they knew it would not pass the Senate). (last year it was a then record low 54 bills). Only one undid any previous law- they voted to exempt air traffic controllers from the Sequestration cuts. That's it.

The vast majority of new laws do not come from the legislative process, they come from the regulatory bodies.

The vast ocean of laws created by the various alphabet soup agencies.

Nobexliberty
07-22-2013, 04:51 PM
I make a great congressman if I was judged by how many laws I would repeal.