PDA

View Full Version : This can't be good...

osan
07-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Russia goes on full combat readiness alert. Not sure how this translates in terms of DEFCON, but I do not suppose this is anything to give us the warm and fuzzies.

http://tatoott1009.com/2013/07/19/they-are-keeping-everyone-distracted-while-disaster-is-about-to-strike-russia-just-said-they-are-at-full-readiness-for-war-against-who/

bolil
07-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Perhaps it is good. Perhaps the existing aberrations must be hammered clean between the anvil of war and peace before liberty can truly flourish. I am ready to depart, I only require a benevolent cause.

Zippyjuan
07-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Can't find any verification. They were running some war games this weekend. Seems to be what the article is talking about.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2013/jul/17/5000-tanks-russia-military-exercise-deemed-respons/

The bear never sleeps? Why, it seems like old times. Russia President Vladimir Putin has journeyed to witness his nation’s biggest military maneuvers since Soviet times, and some observers say, in modern history.

On the march across Siberia: 160,000 troops accompanied by 5,000 tanks and 320 tons of equipment. And in the Pacific, there are 70 ships at sea, and 130 combat aircraft overhead, including nuclear bombers.

Mobile radiation, chemical, and biological defense units plus amphibious units have also been deployed in the surprise readiness exercise, which continues until Saturday.

But not to worry. Russia’s Deputy Defense Minister Anatoly Antonov has reassured foreign military attaches that the display was “not a flexing of muscles” but simply regular combat training.

Some beg to differ, however.

Alexander Khramchikhin, an independent Moscow-based military analyst, insisted “the land part of the exercise is directed at China, while the sea and island part of it is aimed at Japan,” according to the BBC.

Konstantin Sivkov, a retired member of the Russian military’s General Staff, told the Nezavisimaya Gazeta newspaper that the war games were meant to “simulate a response to a hypothetical attack by Japanese and U.S. forces.”

oyarde
07-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Japan attacking , thats funny.

bolil
07-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Japan attacking , thats funny.

I pity the target of japanese aggression, China learned that lesson well... repeatedly. Oh, I forgot, the RAPE OF NANKING isn't Catechism.