PDA

View Full Version : How come Obama didn't give a speech about the white baby shot in the face by blacks?

ObiRandKenobi
07-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Stephanopoulos says it's because the Zimmerman-Martin case is "part of the national conversation".

but it only became part of the national conversation because his network and others made it part of the national conservation.

and the only reason the baby shot in the face wasn't part of the national conservation is because his network and others didn't make it part of the national conversation.

what i'm trying to say is that he's stupid.

You may recall that in March, two Obama supporters conducted a very late-term abortion on a 13-month-old baby.
CNN neglected to mention that if Obama had sons, they would look like De’Marquise Elkins and his unnamed accomplice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IBasxHkUVE

h/t MP (http://www.mofopolitics.com/2013/07/21/dana-perino-how-come-obama-didnt-give-a-speech-about-the-white-baby-that-got-shot-in-the-face/)

JustinTime
07-21-2013, 03:47 PM
If you really want to see what groups are favored in a society, look at which group cannot be criticized.

enhanced_deficit
07-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Obama would probably hold a special press conference about this baby killed.

Since Obama is half black,half white... he may come out and say that this white baby shot woud have been like his son if he had one or would be like himself as baby.

Too soon to know for sure, lets give Obama some time to reflect and bump this thread again after a week.

Deborah K
07-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Or how about this:

http://i39.tinypic.com/312v669.jpg

Anti Federalist
07-21-2013, 04:10 PM

Obama isn't stupid...jeez.

These people know exactly what they are doing.

This provided a very nice smokescreen for that whole "Ed Snowden issue".

Government propaganda organs are propagandizing.

aGameOfThrones
07-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Steve
6 hours ago 28 1.0k
Hello. Don’t recognize me? That’s OK; I understand.

My name was Antonio West. I was the 13-month old child who was shot in the face at point blank range by two black teens, who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot.

I think my murder and my mommy’s wounding made the news for maybe a day, and then disappeared.A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick, Georgia ruled the black teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty... too bad it was me who got the death sentence from my killers instead, because Mommy didn’t have the money they demanded.

See, my family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder wasn’t ruled a ‘hate crime’.

Oh, and President Obama didn’t take a single moment to acknowledge my murder. He couldn’t have any children who could possibly look like me - so why should he care?

I’m one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media didn’t care to cover the story of my being killed in cold blood.

There isn’t a white equivalent of Al Sharpton, because if there was he would be branded a ‘racist’. So no one’s rushing to Brunswick, Georgia to demonstrate and demand ‘justice’ for me. There’s no ‘White Panther’ party, either, to put a bounty on the lives of the two black teens who murdered me.

I have no voice, I have no representation, and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.Isn’t this a great country?

So while you’re out seeking ‘justice for Trayvon’, please remember to seek ‘justice’ for me. Tell your friends about me, tell your families, get tee-shirts with my face on them, and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Trayvon.

I won’t hold my breath.

I don’t have to anymore.
Collapse Replies (101) Reply (http://news.yahoo.com/despite-outcry-stand-ground-law-repeals-unlikely-154400836.html)

Antischism
07-21-2013, 04:44 PM
The Trayvon Martin case wasn't even going to get any media coverage at all, and Zimmerman wasn't arrested when it happened (he has connections, for one). The only reason it got so big was because the family made a lot of noise and wanted a fair trial. Eventually, the media picked up on it as a result of that and the case itself being unusual or complicated. As much as I hate Obama and am distrustful of government, there's no conspiracy here.

Is there a reason why the media usually only picks up on lost "pretty" white women and children, and not the countless minorities that go missing? If you want to point out some sort of race-related media bias, you have to look at it from every angle.

Antischism
07-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Or how about this:

Stupid comparison.

There were three teens in this incident, while Trayvon was alone.
The three teens were actively committing a crime by breaking into cars, Trayvon wasn't committing a crime.
The two teens who survived admitted to theft.
Roderick Scott was arrested and charged immediately, Zimmerman wasn't.

HOLLYWOOD
07-21-2013, 05:01 PM
If you really want to see what groups are favored in a society, look at which group cannot be criticized.Ain't that the truth!

Additionally, those WWII concentration camp inmates; Japanese Americans, Italian Americans, and German Americans have been also oppressed in society and don't have a problem thriving, like many other groups. Just simply amazing continuance through U.S. history... the greatest HYPOCRITES of America, are the very government officials and departments.

It's obvious, government's job is to divide and control the people, while maintaining power & position...

The all mighty TROLL & his magical money changers 'write the script' and 'control the situations'.

Deborah K
07-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Stupid comparison.

The three teens were actively committing a crime by breaking into cars, Trayvon wasn't committing a crime.

I see. So, Trayvon attacking Zimmerman for no reason other than he was following him too close is fine and dandy. No one has the right to assume their life might be in danger when their nose has been busted and their head has been banged into the ground. Got it.

Antischism
07-21-2013, 05:06 PM
If you really want to see what groups are favored in a society, look at which group cannot be criticized.

Law enforcement?

Antischism
07-21-2013, 05:13 PM
I see. So, Trayvon attacking Zimmerman for no reason other than he was following him too close is fine and dandy. No one has the right to assume their life might be in danger when their nose has been busted and their head has been banged into the ground. Got it.

That has nothing to do with what I stated. My statement was making a point that the two incidents aren't similar. One had definite proof of wrong-doing, the other was just one person's side of the story. There was never conclusive evidence that Trayvon threw the first punch/shove. Is it likely that he did? Sure, but there's no conclusive evidence saying that's what happened. I think both parties were at fault in one way or another in regards to the Zimmerman case.

That also doesn't address the fact that Roderick Scott was arrested and charged immediately, while Zimmerman didn't even get a slap on the wrist. This is what led to the family reaching out for help/wanting justice, and eventually the media circus behind it.

Deborah K
07-21-2013, 05:19 PM
That has nothing to do with what I stated. My statement was making a point that the two incidents aren't similar. One had definite proof of wrong-doing, the other was just one person's side of the story. There was never conclusive evidence that Trayvon threw the first punch/shove. Is it likely that he did? Sure, but there's no conclusive evidence saying that's what happened. I think both parties were at fault in one way or another in regards to the Zimmerman case.

That also doesn't address the fact that Roderick Scott was arrested and charged immediately, while Zimmerman didn't even get a slap on the wrist. This is what led to the family reaching out for help/wanting justice, and eventually the media circus behind it.

Had they both happened in the same town, around the same time, you might have a point. This case was racially charged from the beginning and you know it. That is what I am addressing using the Roderick Scott case. And there are other cases as well, and I suspect you know it. This whole situation is a farce, a distraction.

Ender
07-21-2013, 05:20 PM

ON. THE. NOSE.

Deborah K
07-21-2013, 05:33 PM
ON. THE. NOSE.

Not really. Different states, different decades. Had the two incidences been in the same town around the same time, then you could make those kind of comparisons. As it is, this has been made into a racial issue to distract and divide, and really has no merit, given that there are cases such as Roderick Scott's. Otherwise, if the system (overall) is so unfair to blacks, Scott would have been convicted instead of acquitted.

Antischism
07-21-2013, 05:48 PM
As for the main topic, didn't the teens rightfully get a jail sentence? I don't understand the point being made by comparing it to a case where some people believe the shooter got away with manslaughter. I'm against the death penalty in all cases, so if the problem is that the teens didn't get murdered by the state, I don't see it as a problem as long as they got sentenced to jail time.

Fredom101
07-21-2013, 06:03 PM
No one is addressing the real issue either way.
It all comes down to the family. You can't talk about this but most black families are lacking a father.

Make this a "national isssue" and we may actually get somewhere to help people who need it.

Deborah K
07-21-2013, 06:09 PM
No one is addressing the real issue either way.
It all comes down to the family. You can't talk about this but most black families are lacking a father.

Make this a "national isssue" and we may actually get somewhere to help people who need it.

In the past, I read about a politically incorrect hypothesis about that issue, with which I happen to agree. The concept of the nuclear family for blacks is relatively new, when you consider their families were torn apart for centuries by slavery sales. I'm not saying it excuses anything, but it might explain a few things.

Fredom101
07-21-2013, 07:10 PM

The military?

Snew
07-21-2013, 07:45 PM
The military?

edit: whoops, should read the post above next time ;) :D

Philhelm
07-21-2013, 08:26 PM

White, heterosexual males?

PaulConventionWV
07-21-2013, 09:00 PM
There really are no comparisons to make here. There are a lot of obvious biases out there, but bringing up two separate cases that may seem similar is just looking for bias in places that could easily be explained by a plethora of different circumstances between the two cases. You're not going to convince anyone that bias exists by comparing two separate cases in which so many factors can play a part in how much coverage it gets.

That said, there obviously is still a bit of white hatred in America, and it's taboo to point it out, but we all know it's there. It's the same with women and gays. Political correctness gone insane. Have you ever heard of the dating website called blackpeoplemeet.com? Well, if there were a website called whitepeoplemeet.com, I'm sure you would hear about it. That in and of itself should be self-evident to any socially aware person, and it exemplifies the bias that society has. Comparing two separate cases of killings in which any number of factors could determine the waves it makes in the media is not exactly a controlled study of the bias. Far from it, in fact. It's pretty much the opposite end of the spectrum.

Dr.3D
07-21-2013, 09:31 PM
I remember one day, I was talking to somebody and said I hadn't seen something in a coons age. Next thing I knew, I was being called racist and all kinds of hateful names. Needless to say, I stopped talking to that person as I considered them to be racist.

Fox McCloud
07-22-2013, 01:40 AM
I remember one day, I was talking to somebody and said I hadn't seen something in a coons age. Next thing I knew, I was being called racist and all kinds of hateful names. Needless to say, I stopped talking to that person as I considered them to be racist.

*chuckles* Really? The expression originates from a folk belief in the long life of racoons...people really need to grow up and move on.

JustinTime
07-23-2013, 07:21 PM
The Trayvon Martin case wasn't even going to get any media coverage at all, and Zimmerman wasn't arrested when it happened (he has connections, for one). The only reason it got so big was because the family made a lot of noise and wanted a fair trial. Eventually, the media picked up on it as a result of that and the case itself being unusual or complicated. As much as I hate Obama and am distrustful of government, there's no conspiracy here.

That's just nonsense. The family? You're telling me Trayvons Martins family (a poor family BTW) fussed for about a month and media threw up their hands and "picked up" on it?

There are at least couple million of us freedom lovers in this country, and we cant get the media to pick up and jack squat, even after trying for years!

Cut the BS, the media "picked up" the Trayvon Martin story because THEY WANTED TO. It fit their narrative.

Is there a reason why the media usually only picks up on lost "pretty" white women and children, and not the countless minorities that go missing? If you want to point out some sort of race-related media bias, you have to look at it from every angle.

Because the overwhelming majority of black women and children who fall victim to crime are victims of black men! The media aint reporting on that. That would be like all, oh my gawd, racist!

Remember in 2009 when 5 year old mixed race Shaniya Davis went missing? It was national news for a few days, until video surveillance from a motel came to light showing her being carried into a room by a black male. The story was quickly dropped.

Remember Megan Williams, a black woman from West Virginia who claimed a trailer full of rednecks held her captive, raped her, and forced her to eat dog feces? The media reported that until it became painfully obvious it was a hoax.

Perhaps you recall the Duke rape case? Black female victim, alleged white rapists, big time news... oops.

See, the media will report on black females provided their victimizer is a... oh who am I kidding, you'll simply refuse to believe whats right in front of you no matter what I say.

Law enforcement?

You can criticize law enforcement all you want, you just cant do anything about law enforcement. Our sainted minorities though, criticize them publicly and you will find yourself ruined EVEN if what you say is demonstratably true.

BlackTerrel
07-23-2013, 08:35 PM
Was there a lack of justice in this case? Were there people calling the white baby a thug and saying he had it coming?

BlackTerrel
07-23-2013, 08:37 PM

This.

Funny that I knew about this case through facebook before the media even picked up on it. The media (at least the MSM) came late to this.

People want to ignore the hard work and activism that caused the media to take notice.

Dr.3D
07-23-2013, 08:41 PM
This.

Funny that I knew about this case through facebook before the media even picked up on it. The media (at least the MSM) came late to this.

People want to ignore the hard work and activism that caused the media to take notice.
Like CNN editing the 911 call and MSNBC having Sharpton et all stir the pot while we all get to lick the stir stick?

BlackTerrel
07-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Like CNN editing the 911 call and MSNBC having Sharpton et all stir the pot while we all get to lick the stir stick?

Like Twitter and facebook being all about this before CNN even knew about it.

JustinTime
07-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Was there a lack of justice in this case?

Was there a lack of justice in the Trayvon case?

Were there people calling the white baby a thug and saying he had it coming?

Did the baby hop out of the stroller and smash the black dude's into the pavement, forcing him to use deadly force to defend himself? No? Well theres your answer.

BlackTerrel
07-24-2013, 08:04 PM
Yes there was a lack of justice in the Trayvon case. The biggest part was the no arrest early on.

Deborah K
07-25-2013, 02:04 PM
Like Twitter and facebook being all about this before CNN even knew about it.

I don't see your point here. This story would have never gotten any momentum if it were not for the media. Lots of important issues are covered on the internet, and never see the light of day in the media.

JustinTime
07-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Yes there was a lack of justice in the Trayvon case. The biggest part was the no arrest early on.

There was an arrest, oh not technically but there was indeed an arrest.

Zimmerman was handcuffed and taken to the station, detained through the night while statements were taken and his injuries photographed. Maybe he was never booked, but IMO any time a person is detained by police and cant choose to leave, they've been arrested.

But that's beside the point, even if there was no arrest it doesn't mean there was a lack of justice. If the evidence isn't there you cant expect a person to be arrested, and there was nothing to contradict Zimmerman's story. There was nothing he did that was illegal.

Arresting people out of fear the media will twist a story, or that the idiot public will go berserk over, that is a lack of justice.

juleswin
07-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Stephanopoulos says it's because the Zimmerman-Martin case is "part of the national conversation".

but it only became part of the national conversation because his network and others made it part of the national conservation.

and the only reason the baby shot in the face wasn't part of the national conservation is because his network and others didn't make it part of the national conversation.

h/t MP (http://www.mofopolitics.com/2013/07/21/dana-perino-how-come-obama-didnt-give-a-speech-about-the-white-baby-that-got-shot-in-the-face/)

Because the kid who shot the white lady and her kid will be going to prison for the rest of his life. For this woman, justice was served on the killing of her child and one does not chime in when the justice system does what its supposed to do. So Obama and every living person in the American agrees that the shooter should rot in prison while Obama and a good amount of people believed that Zimmerman should have done some time in prison and seeing as that wasn't what happened, he speaks.

The same answer works for anyone who wonders why Obama is not speaking out on the same level about every black on black shooting in America. Because for one, he has spoken out about black on black shooting and when you believe justice is served, why talking about it?

For the record, I think Dana Perino is an idiot.

juleswin
07-25-2013, 05:27 PM
I don't see your point here. This story would have never gotten any momentum if it were not for the media. Lots of important issues are covered on the internet, and never see the light of day in the media.

I think you are wrong, I think the state would have go back to re investigate when the family started making noise. You have a few local rallies with local pastors and the state would re open the investigation. The fact that the MSM added to the volume doesn't mean the family would have given up.

juleswin
07-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Or how about this:

Any chance you can post the story accompanying this story? was the white kid going anything illegal when he was shot? him? or was he just minding his own business when the black guy shot him? inquiring minds would like to know

juleswin
07-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Stupid comparison.

+rep
Ah, I had knew there was a reason why the poster lacked any real detail concerning this case.

Deborah K
07-25-2013, 05:56 PM
I think you are wrong, I think the state would have go back to re investigate when the family started making noise. You have a few local rallies with local pastors and the state would re open the investigation. The fact that the MSM added to the volume doesn't mean the family would have given up.

I wasn't referring to the family giving up. I was referring to the story gaining so much national attention - which was due to the media. The family, as you mentioned, could and would have still been affective in getting desired results regardless of media attention.

Deborah K
07-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Any chance you can post the story accompanying this story? was the white kid going anything illegal when he was shot? him? or was he just minding his own business when the black guy shot him? inquiring minds would like to know

Here's the story: http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top_stories/490556/roderick-scott-claims-self-defense-in-teen-s-shooting/

And I still stand by my earlier responses to the comparisons.

KrokHead
07-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Obama can't complain about something he doesn't know about.

BlackTerrel
08-07-2013, 07:41 PM

Not to this degree. If media ignored it then it would have been a real direct "hey we're not covering this no matter how much people want us to".

By the way if media completely ignored it you'd actually see a lot more pissed off people than you already did. People would be up in arms that injustice was completely ignored.