PDA

View Full Version : Gators Linebacker arrested for barking at police dog

Snew
07-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Strange incident in Florida (then again, it is Florida we're talking about...)

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida Gators (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/57/florida-gators) linebacker Antonio Morrison (http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/530928/antonio-morrison) has been arrested for the second time in five weeks, this time for allegedly barking at a police dog and resisting arrest, and will miss at least the first two games of the season after being suspended from the team Sunday.
Morrison's defense was the dog barked first, according to a police report.
One of the men reportedly approached the patrol car and began barking at his police dog through the open window. The report said that caused the dog ... to bark back at the man, which Arnold says in his report diverted his attention from investigating the vehicle.
The report says Arnold told the man -- later identified by his driver's license as Morrison -- to wait in front of his patrol car and the man resisted when Arnold tried to handcuff him. Two other officers arrived and helped detain Morrison, according to the report.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9496533/florida-gators-lb-antonio-morrison-arrested-barking-police-dog

ronpaulfollower999
07-21-2013, 11:30 AM
UF is one of the worst colleges in the South. No surprise here.

oyarde
07-21-2013, 01:26 PM
I hate police dogs , I could probably look at it and it would know, so it would probably bark.

Nobexliberty
07-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Top two threads about the same subject:(

Henry Rogue
07-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Never talk to police dogs.

Tod
07-21-2013, 02:05 PM

lol!

Anti Federalist
07-21-2013, 02:09 PM

Contempt of Cop.

Dr.3D
07-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Keep that in mind the next time some cop says hello to you. Do not under any circumstances return his greeting.

Anti Federalist
07-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Keep that in mind the next time some cop says hello to you. Do not under any circumstances return his greeting.
Which could be construed as Contempt of Cop.

Fucked coming and going.

The best course of action is to avoid eye contact, bow your head submissively, walk to other side of the street if possible, but in any case, retain a humble, contrite and submissive demeanor.

Which just screams freedom and liberty, amirite?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-21-2013, 02:57 PM
I hate police dogs , I could probably look at it and it would know, so it would probably bark.

The dog is no more at fault than an abused 3 year old. I understand what you mean... but it's really the abusers who deserve your ire.

WhistlinDave
07-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Which could be construed as Contempt of Cop.

Fucked coming and going.

The best course of action is to avoid eye contact, bow your head submissively, walk to other side of the street if possible, but in any case, retain a humble, contrite and submissive demeanor.

Which just screams freedom and liberty, amirite?

I agree. Oh yea -- You forgot tail between your legs.

PaulConventionWV
07-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Strange incident in Florida (then again, it is Florida we're talking about...)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9496533/florida-gators-lb-antonio-morrison-arrested-barking-police-dog

And his defense was that the dog barked first? Seriously?

His effing defense should be that barking is not a crime.

Working Poor
07-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Well too bad he didn't know not to talk to police.

Anti Federalist
07-21-2013, 03:05 PM

His "crime" was Contempt of Cop.

pcosmar
07-21-2013, 03:28 PM
His "crime" was Contempt of Cop.

No matter how anyone tries to rename it. :(

Occam's Banana
07-21-2013, 04:09 PM

Tugging one's forelock an uttering a few "M'lud"s can also be helpful ...

kcchiefs6465
07-21-2013, 04:09 PM

They call it something along the lines of "taunting a K9."

You don't even have to bark. If a K9 is in the back of a car and you do anything to "make the dog bark" they could charge you. Making faces, growling, whatever. Just another ridiculous law.

SeanTX
07-21-2013, 04:15 PM

I don't hate police dogs -- I hate the human PIGS who use and abuse them.

If this had been a cop hanging the dog by it's chain and kicking it to death (a "legitimate" training technique), or a cop leaving it to die in a hot car while he "forgot" about it for 48 hours -- well, that would just be an "oopsie."

MelissaWV
07-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Someone said the coach should have had his player's back, but the "disappointment" in his player's decision making abilities might have a lot to do with this:

Muschamp had previously said he hadn't decided whether to suspend Morrison as a result of a June 16 arrest for battery after he punched a nightclub bouncer because he was not given a discounted rate for admission. Muschamp said last Tuesday that Morrison was being punished inside the program for that transgression.

For that arrest, Morrison entered into a deferred prosecution, which stated he must pay $100 in prosecution costs and either an additional $150 or perform 12 hours of community service. He must also complete a University of Florida drug-and-alcohol abuse course, attend an anger-management course and participate in two eight-hour ride-alongs with the University of Florida Police Department.

...happening prior to the current contempt of cop incident.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-21-2013, 05:15 PM
...happening prior to the current contempt of cop incident.

and participate in two eight-hour ride-alongs with the University of Florida Police Department.

Is there some theory on how that is helpful to anyone? Would they like to recruit him? wtf?

MelissaWV
07-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Is there some theory on how that is helpful to anyone? Would they like to recruit him? wtf?

I think the "theory" is to scare them straight by showing them the staggering drunks who wrap their cars around a tree and die, or those who are so drunk they don't even know their names and are carrying a shoe full of vomit. Honestly that just doesn't happen that much.

I think the punishments are idiotic, and this arrest is stupid, but just wanted to put out there that the coach's remarks were more about this guy's decision making in general, which I think we can agree is a bit questionable (but not criminal in this case).

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-21-2013, 05:23 PM
I think the "theory" is to scare them straight by showing them the staggering drunks who wrap their cars around a tree and die, or those who are so drunk they don't even know their names and are carrying a shoe full of vomit. Honestly that just doesn't happen that much.

I think the punishments are idiotic, and this arrest is stupid, but just wanted to put out there that the coach's remarks were more about this guy's decision making in general, which I think we can agree is a bit questionable (but not criminal in this case).

Sure, and thanks for the reasoning. But even if he had been convicted of killing someone in the past, this is still a non-crime, regardless of past crimes.

Mani
07-21-2013, 10:47 PM
It may very well be this kid is a spoiled athlete, as in the article in mentions him punching a bouncer for not getting a discount at the bar/club a few weeks ago.

That being said, it doesn't matter if this kid is a straight A engineering student or a dumb jock, barking at a dog shouldn't be a crime.

It's sad to see so many people commenting away in the comments section about this kid deserving to go to jail or making fun of him for getting arrested. There are some people wondering HOW THE HELL is this illegal, but not enough.

And that pretty much sums up how they will INCARCERATE, KILL, MAIM, everyone.

In the Government sponsored Media, they will attack the person's character (spoiled rich athlete, or looking like a thug, WHITE TRASH, DEGENERATE, drug addict, etc) then they will describe how the Police arrested the person and no matter HOW badly the police fucked up or how RIDICULOUS the charges are....the character of the person is already been ruined, so people will ASSUME the Police were doing their job against "LOW LIFE" of society, that the person probably, "DESERVED IT" or "BROUGHT IT UPON THEMSELVES."

Hell, even mistakenly mention there was drug evidence found at the scene, when there was none...Or the police can plant it if needed.

And most of these people will take the STATE SPONSORED MEDIA's word for it. Even if the charges were stupid..."Well the guy was a thug" , "he had it coming, that idiot is dead now." "Stupid Pothead", "Probably a wife beater" So now alleged CHARACTER means more than a person's actions.

IT's so sad.

bolil
07-21-2013, 10:52 PM
M' LUD, i did not mean to occupy any space that you might have occupied, m lud, and I love you even if you taze me, m lud, hail the badge.

jtap
07-22-2013, 06:44 AM
I don't hate police dogs -- I hate the human PIGS who use and abuse them.

If this had been a cop hanging the dog by it's chain and kicking it to death (a "legitimate" training technique), or a cop leaving it to die in a hot car while he "forgot" about it for 48 hours -- well, that would just be an "oopsie."

I would love to see a cop leave his car and it not be left running continually with the A/C blasting away.

JK/SEA
07-22-2013, 09:06 AM
Contempt of Cop.

this.

woof woof.