PDA

View Full Version : 'Warlord' Liz Cheney: Taking Back the GOP From Rand Paul?

Coolidge/Dawes '24
07-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Article here (http://antiwar.com/blog/2013/07/18/warlord-liz-cheney-taking-back-the-gop-from-rand-paul/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AWCBlog+%28Antiwar.com+Blog%2 9).

http://antiwar.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/a_560x375.jpg

A lot of people are up in arms over the announcement that Liz Cheney, daughter of war criminal Dick Cheney, will run against fellow Republican Mike Enzi for his Senate seat in Wyoming. Republicans are upset because it’s uncouth for a Republican to challenge an incumbent Republican in a primary. Democrats are revolted because, well, she's a Cheney.

At Salon, Alex Pareene calls Liz Cheney an "aspiring warlord," which is a wonderfully evocative description for a real neocon of neocons, and political celebrity because of her father who was the driving force behind the expanded executive powers and reckless foreign policy of the Bush years.

Rand Paul isn't a non-interventionist by any means, but he has deliberately disassociated himself with pro-threat inflation, pro-drone war, pro-Syria intervention, pro-foreign aid Republican dogma – and a good number of Republicans have followed him. This is unsettling to the neocons. And apparently Paul sees it this way too.

"When I heard Liz Cheney was running for Senate I wondered if she was running in her home state of Virginia," Paul said, seemingly as a zinger against Cheney’s targeting of the bystander Enzi. Paul also said, "I'll do anything I can to help [Enzi]. In fact, somebody asked me today if they could use my name, and I said I’d be happy to sign on and do a fundraiser for him."

As Chris Hayes says in the segment below, this "makes me think that he understands precisely what this is about."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_Rn4_n-bq_U

Warlord
07-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Salon ripping me off haha.

Origanalist
07-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Democrats are revolted because, well, she's a Cheney.

It's not just democrats.....

I hope somebody with better skills than I does one of these to this picture.

http://antiwar.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/a_560x375.jpg http://ts3.explicit.bing.net/th?id=H.4928948484180558&pid=15.1

Brian4Liberty
07-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Why does Matt Welch from Reason have to use Marco Rubio as an example of a "Tea Party" guy in the same breath as he says Rand Paul?

S.Shorland
07-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Koch ?

WhistlinDave
07-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Why does Matt Welch from Reason have to use Marco Rubio as an example of a "Tea Party" guy in the same breath as he says Rand Paul?

For the same reason they were calling Paul Ryan a fiscal conservative. (No good reason, just bullsh*t.)

Anti-Neocon
07-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Cause he wants to convince Marco Rubio fans that Cheney is not one of them. He knows better.

Mr.NoSmile
07-21-2013, 06:30 PM
'Back from' implies that he has the GOP right now. If that's the implication, I like it.

Rand Paul isn’t a non-interventionist by any means, but he has deliberately disassociated himself with pro-threat inflation, pro-drone war, pro-Syria intervention, pro-foreign aid Republican dogma – and a good number of Republicans have followed him. This is unsettling to the neocons. And apparently Paul sees it this way too.

And this is how you win the war on rhetoric- show how not just Republicans, but Americans are tired of war and the ideals of the previous administration that led to it being as reviled as it is.

Warlord
07-21-2013, 06:50 PM
The Warlord monikor is interesting. The Salon losers (its vanity publication is losing money hand over fist) monitor our threads and I frequenty tell them to take a hike

Warlord
07-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Cause he wants to convince Marco Rubio fans that Cheney is not one of them. He knows better.

Cheney's chief of staff works for Rubio, Mr Conda. He can't seriously believe anyone but a low info voter will believe him?

Anti-Neocon
07-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Most voters are low info, and that's who he's appealing to.

juleswin
07-21-2013, 07:32 PM

I think its because he defeated a more establishment politician for his sit. Its all relative

Warlord
07-21-2013, 10:55 PM
I think its because he defeated a more establishment politician for his sit. Its all relative

Both choices in that race sucked. Kind of like the texas one where we now have Cruz running to Iowa getting serious delusions. You see how the establishment operates? They've got an endless body of horses especially for the senate seats and not much is left up to chance.

As a former speaker of the house in Florida Rubio was establishment approved from the get-go.

willwash
07-21-2013, 11:21 PM
F neocons

thoughtomator
07-21-2013, 11:47 PM
If this is the best the neocons can offer as a riposte they're in bad shape indeed.

Cleaner44
07-22-2013, 01:37 AM
Watching Liz Cheney lose badly will be quite a joy as the neocon movement goes down in flames.