fearthereaperx
07-20-2013, 05:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3jrSU0DdU

TheTexan
07-20-2013, 05:28 PM
18 minutes? What's the TL;DW

fearthereaperx
07-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Around 12:45 is where she describes that the body, below the shoulder area, was not burned in anyway.

fearthereaperx
07-20-2013, 05:34 PM
18 minutes? What's the TL;DW

Around 12:45 is where she describes that the body, below the shoulder area, was not burned in anyway which is interesting because the body was cremated before any investigation.

TheTexan
07-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Ya, that is weird.

TER
07-20-2013, 06:34 PM
He was murdered. It is being covered up. Now stop questioning the official story you meddling mundanes!

Zippyjuan
07-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Didn't actually see the crash (was in bed asleep) but did see aftermath. Debris including transmission was in front of the direction the car was going. Verifies that no evidence was placed or removed.

Lady on the phone is the one briefly shown in the start of this video- her husband is the one spraying water. The Spanish speaking guy saw the actual accident but didn't speak much English. Second video below is a more detailed interview with him using a translator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ViopD1G-A8

Witness of actual crash itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZd6V75W8CU

satchelmcqueen
07-20-2013, 10:06 PM
will watch tomorrow. i am a good mechanic and know what it usually takes to remove an engine from a car and how strong the bolts/braces are. ill comment after i see this. either way, ive NEVER heard of the engine or transmission being ripped from a car during a crash unless it was either NASCAR or Indy carys.

07-21-2013, 03:44 AM
will watch tomorrow. i am a good mechanic and know what it usually takes to remove an engine from a car and how strong the bolts/braces are. ill comment after i see this. either way, ive NEVER heard of the engine or transmission being ripped from a car during a crash unless it was either NASCAR or Indy carys.

I have seen it in person many times driving tow trucks. We picked them off the road a few times a year separate from the car. They are only mounted with rubber, once it tears all the hoses and wires just rip out. Ever see how engines are removed from scrap cars? They just rip it out with an excavator, no tools are used.

puppetmaster
07-21-2013, 04:19 AM
I have seen it in person many times driving tow trucks. We picked them off the road a few times a year separate from the car. They are only mounted with rubber, once it tears all the hoses and wires just rip out. Ever see how engines are removed from scrap cars? They just rip it out with an excavator, no tools are used.

Motor mounts are rubber with a bolt that passes through. Once bolt is removed then it is easy to extract. A year ago I saw a Chevy diesel hit a cement divider and the engine flew out into the field twenty yards along with transmission.

libertyjam
07-21-2013, 04:38 AM

Shelby ejects engine in crash
http://autofluence.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/gt500-engine.jpg
same car, different pic
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17lemya58u9gqjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

TER
07-21-2013, 04:56 AM
If someone is driving at a very rapid pace ( say 120 mph) and then shifts the car to Park, can this cause the transmission to drop out of the car?

mad cow
07-21-2013, 05:02 AM
If someone is driving at a very rapid pace ( say 120 mph) and then shifts the car to Park, can this cause the transmission to drop out of the car?

I doubt it but it would certainly destroy the transmission.

07-21-2013, 05:17 AM
Motor mounts are rubber with a bolt that passes through. Once bolt is removed then it is easy to extract. A year ago I saw a Chevy diesel hit a cement divider and the engine flew out into the field twenty yards along with transmission.

The mounts are metal plates with rubber bonded to them. Crash forces rip the rubber and the engine and trans eject from the car.

No it will just ratchet the parking pawl in the transmission or in worse cases rip the the teeth off the pawl. Park is just a spring loaded lever that engages notches. At speed it will just skip.

TER
07-21-2013, 07:51 AM
Thanks!

Zippyjuan
07-21-2013, 07:17 PM

http://www.4029tv.com/Engine-Ejected-From-Vehicle-In-Violent-Fayetteville-Crash/-/8898190/14699264/-/4ap0suz/-/index.html

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. —Traffic returned to normal Tuesday after a drunk driver crashed into power poles and caused a blackout in Fayetteville earlier in the morning, police said.

Investigators said 21-year-old William McKelvey crashed a white SUV into an electric pole, damaged a light pole, crashed into a parked Atlanta Bread Company van and damaged trees and gas meters in front of the Flying Burrito parking lot.

The impact of the crash was so strong that the engine was ejected from the car.

"I've never seen an accident this bad. I know there's a destroyed car over here, a tree obliterated and a car totally burned to a crisp right here on College. I've never seen anything like it. It's crazy," Flying Burrito owner Archie Schaffer said.

Police said McKelvey was able to escape the vehicle before it caught fire.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20121113/NEWS/121119867/1246

WINCHENDON — Looking at the damage to Walter J. Moriarity’s 2012 Chrysler Touring, you’d say it was a miracle he wasn’t severely injured.

But Mr Moriarity, 29, of 217 School St., had only minor injuries this morning after his car crossed into the northbound lane on Route 140 near 156 Gardner Road and struck three other vehicles.

The engine was thrown from the car. Mr Moriarity’s two young children were in the back seat properly secured — one with a seat belt and the other in a car seat.

The car’s engine was later found in nearby woods.

“With such a bad accident, obviously we’re pretty lucky everybody walked away with pretty much minor injuries,” Fire Chief Thomas J. Smith said. “It is definitely a testament to wearing seat belts and buckling children up.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2357415/Two-teenagers-dead-car-crashes-tree-vehicle-following-arrested.html

Two teenagers have died and another two seriously injured when their car smashed into a tree with such force that the engine was catapulted into the road.

The 18-year-old driver of the silver Peugeot 306 was declared dead at the scene, while a 19-year-old passenger later died in hospital.

bolil
07-21-2013, 07:47 PM
what don't you mundanes understand about safety features? Eject an engine at 100+ mph, it only makes sense -- you know -- as regards safety.

so long as your are not where near said projectile engine, tis very safe. So safe it saved Hastings's life...

enhanced_deficit
07-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Looks like this scandal is not going away till there is full independent investigation.

bolil
07-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Looks like this scandal is not going away till there is full independent investigation.

LO MFIN L

limequat
07-22-2013, 07:24 AM
I doubt it but it would certainly destroy the transmission.

Actually, transmissions are designed to withstand this abuse. The parking pall is just a detent that locks onto what looks like a very course gear. The detent is sprung such that if the gear-looking detent is spinning fast enough, the detent will just pop back up again.
If you are brave, you can try this in your own car* by getting up to 20 mph or so and then ramming it in park. It'll make loud noise (detent following over the pall) but the car will keep going.

*on second thought, do this in someone else's car.

VBRonPaulFan
07-22-2013, 08:33 AM

i'd say they were a superhero if they could do this. no modern automatic transmission will let you shift from drive to park or even reverse. the best you can do is throw it in neutral, there is a lock to keep that from happening.