PDA

View Full Version : Hannity endorses Liz Cheney in Wyoming

RonPaulFanInGA
07-20-2013, 01:51 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/07/19/audio-hannity-endorses-liz-cheney-in-wyoming/

Sola_Fide
07-20-2013, 01:53 PM
But didnt Hannity say he was "libertarian leaning"?

LibertyEagle
07-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Of course he does. Barf.

Brian4Liberty
07-20-2013, 02:11 PM
This Cheney campaign is a real litmus test.

All of the phonies (like Hannity) are revealing themselves. Establishment RINOs. They are not fiscal conservatives, they are not Constitutional conservatives, they are not limited government conservatives.

They only have one true agenda: war. Everything else is a lie.

lakerssuck92
07-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Somehow I am not surprised.

cajuncocoa
07-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Why are y'all putting Liz Cheney threads in Rand's subforum?

ClydeCoulter
07-20-2013, 02:18 PM

Rand is supporting Liz's opponent and Hannity supposedly agrees with Rand. Maybe that is related, but...

FSP-Rebel
07-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Must be Sean's snowball attack and it's melting before it even reaches midair.

Brett85
07-20-2013, 03:34 PM
This Cheney campaign is a real litmus test.

All of the phonies (like Hannity) are revealing themselves. Establishment RINOs. They are not fiscal conservatives, they are not Constitutional conservatives, they are not limited government conservatives.

They only have one true agenda: war. Everything else is a lie.

But Enzi really isn't a fiscal conservative or a Constitutional Conservative either. He was the number one advocate for the internet sales tax.

Keith and stuff
07-20-2013, 03:42 PM
This is so epic, liberty Republicans line up behind a Republican with a 70% freedom index voting record. Statists Republicans line up behind a Republican with what would be a , what, 60% voting record? It doesn't appeal to be much about the issues, as both candidates agree on the vast majority of things. It's more about getting a win for your team. This is team politics that is typical of mindless Republicans and Democrats. Not saying it is bad, but that's what it is.

Brian4Liberty
07-20-2013, 03:50 PM
But Enzi really isn't a fiscal conservative or a Constitutional Conservative either. He was the number one advocate for the internet sales tax.

So do you support Cheney?

Brett85
07-20-2013, 03:59 PM

Of course not. I just disagreed with your comment that this election is some kind of "litmus test" for conservatives. If Cheney comes out against the internet sales tax and runs ads criticizing Enzi for supporting it, some conservatives might support Cheney for that reason. It doesn't necessarily have to do with foreign policy.

Brian4Liberty
07-20-2013, 04:05 PM
Enzi's ratings vary depending upon who you ask...

American Conservative Union 100
Family Research Council 100
AFL-CIO 10
National Education Association F
AFSCME 0
BIPAC 92
Chamber of Commerce 75
Club for Growth 99
National Federation of Independent Business 85
Americans for Tax Reform 100
Citizens Against Government Waste 77
National Taxpayers Union 92
Gunowners of America A

Read more: http://thehill.com/resources/lawmaker-ratings/76133-sen-mike-enzi-r-wyo%20

07-20-2013, 04:09 PM

That was my first thought.

Nope. But I think she is a tiny bit better. Not worth a second of time or a penny to support.

Brett85
07-20-2013, 04:12 PM
I suppose Enzi may be fairly good overall, but his support of the internet sales tax could really hurt him. That issue could really help Cheney if she comes out strongly against it and makes a big deal out of it. Still, if I lived in Wyoming I would vote for Enzi in order to keep a hardcore neo-con like Cheney out of the Senate. But, I can understand why some conservatives in Wyoming may vote for Cheney, and vote for her for reasons that have nothing to do with foreign policy.

Keith and stuff
07-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Enzi's ratings vary depending upon who you ask...
Good point. Americans for Prosperity have him a 88% lifetime, Kelly Ayotte a 95% lifetime, McCain a 92% lifetime, Rand Paul 96% lifetime and Ted Cruz 100% lifetime. I think AFP is mostly focused on domestic fiscal issues, though. Since Enzi's main focus seems to be increasing sales taxes in WY and 47 other states, I'm not surprised that his current score is only 80% and that many Senators have a better score than him. His fellow WY Senator has a score of 93%, for example.
http://afpscorecard.org/

anaconda
07-20-2013, 04:26 PM
The battle line is being drawn early. This is a prelude to Hannity helping the establishment fight Rand. He will segue with similar talking points when the time comes. Doesn't seem a little odd for Hannity to be "endorsing" for a Republican primary? When did he ever do this previously? This is a set up.

UPDATE: I see elsewhere that Hannity does in fact endorse within the party primaries.

Brett85
07-20-2013, 04:29 PM
The battle line is being drawn early. This is a prelude to Hannity helping the establishment fight Rand. He will segue with similar talking points when the time comes. Doesn't seem a little odd for Hannity to be "endorsing" for a Republican primary? When did he ever do this previously? This is a set up.

That really isn't anything new. Hannity and all of the other right-wing talk radio hosts endorsed Rubio over Crist back in 2010. There have been other examples as well.

Brett85
07-20-2013, 04:29 PM

cajuncocoa
07-20-2013, 04:32 PM
I've posted this before, but here's all you need to know about the Enzi/Cheney race: if re-elected, Enzi will most likely stay in the Senate. He's not a liberty candidate by any means, but he will be just another one out of 100 Senators. If Liz Cheney defeats him, she will use her Senate seat as a springboard to bigger things (POTUS run in 2020 or beyond?) I don't even want to consider the possibility of a President Liz Cheney, so opposing her (rather than supporting Enzi, per se) is a no-brainer for me.

But I still don't know why this thread is in Rand's subforum. :confused:

Aratus
07-20-2013, 05:02 PM
TaftFan's Anti~LIZ FB page is about 24 hours old and has 48 likes...

Origanalist
07-20-2013, 05:26 PM
AFSCME 0

Lol :rolleyes:

Another opportunity to post the AFSCME video.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=27kDtIoL1L4

Origanalist
07-20-2013, 05:30 PM
I've posted this before, but here's all you need to know about the Enzi/Cheney race: if re-elected, Enzi will most likely stay in the Senate. He's not a liberty candidate by any means, but he will be just another one out of 100 Senators. If Liz Cheney defeats him, she will use her Senate seat as a springboard to bigger things (POTUS run in 2020 or beyond?) I don't even want to consider the possibility of a President Liz Cheney, so opposing her (rather than supporting Enzi, per se) is a no-brainer for me.

But I still don't know why this thread is in Rand's subforum. :confused:

I agree, even if Enzi isn't something to celebrate the thought of another Cheney in office is enough to make me nauseous.

Aratus
07-20-2013, 05:30 PM
:toady: ;) https://www.facebook.com/ConservativesAgainstLizCheney :D :toady:

helmuth_hubener
07-20-2013, 05:59 PM
As someone from Wyoming, I had not heard of Liz Cheney before, know nothing about her. Based on this thread, I guess she's pro-war. Enzi is lousy and worthless and stupid and evil. I've personally met him.

Anyway, so we have two lousy and worthless and stupid and evil individuals running for Senate. What a shock. No one should care at all who wins between them. Some liberty person could run for fun and give an actual, quality alternative. Not that they'd win. I believe Enzi will win. He's the incumbent.

green73
07-20-2013, 06:01 PM

Dick is behind the latest attacks.

Feeding the Abscess
07-20-2013, 06:11 PM
As someone from Wyoming, I had not heard of Liz Cheney before, know nothing about her. Based on this thread, I guess she's pro-war. Enzi is lousy and worthless and stupid and evil. I've personally met him.

Anyway, so we have two lousy and worthless and stupid and evil individuals running for Senate. What a shock. No one should care at all who wins between them. Some liberty person could run for fun and give an actual, quality alternative. Not that they'd win. I believe Enzi will win. He's the incumbent.

She's Dick Cheney's daughter. and is a chip off the ol' block.

Aratus
07-20-2013, 07:01 PM
if Richard Cheney is ahh feelin' his tew GOP onions and has slammed into pore RAND to cripple him for 2016 or 2020, if we all sorta
get involved in WYOMING's politics, can we be blamed for this? Liz is less qualified for high public office than is ex-Gov. Sarah Palin!

Keith and stuff
07-20-2013, 07:09 PM
That really isn't anything new. Hannity and all of the other right-wing talk radio hosts endorsed Rubio over Crist back in 2010. There have been other examples as well.

Thank goodness. Rubio is decent. Crist is pretty much a bad Democrat.

krugminator
07-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Levin and Hannity are reverting back to their primitive lizard brains with this endorsement.

green73
07-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Levin and Hannity are reverting back to their primitive lizard brains with this endorsement.

It's not biological. That implies they're independent. They're not.

eduardo89
07-20-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm giving Sean a pass on this one. He's still a great conservative.

Bastiat's The Law
07-20-2013, 07:22 PM

Strategically an Enzi victory could help us in more ways than one. Cheney is young enough to spend the next 20+ years in the Senate. Do we really want a younger version of Lindsey Graham in office, an office she could use as a springboard to even more powerful positions down the road? Enzi probably only has one term left in him. If the liberty movement is smart we would start to build up our people by electing them locally NOW, so they have experience and name recognition under their belt to step in when Enzi retires.

Aratus
07-20-2013, 07:24 PM
^ LOGICAL, ASTUTE & BRILLIANT!!! ^

Keith and stuff
07-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Strategically an Enzi victory could help us in more ways than one. Cheney is young enough to spend the next 20+ years in the Senate. Do we really want a younger version of Lindsey Graham in office, an office she could use as a springboard to even more powerful positions down the road? Enzi probably only has one term left in him. If the liberty movement is smart we would start to build up our people by electing them locally NOW, so they have experience and name recognition under their belt to step in when Enzi retires.
Great points. So if she loses, maybe she will just run next time, and win.

Brian4Liberty
07-20-2013, 07:35 PM
Strategically an Enzi victory could help us in more ways than one.

Also, who will Enzi want to "stand with" in the future? Rand or the neo-conservatives?

Keith and stuff
07-20-2013, 07:46 PM
Also, who will Enzi want to "stand with" in the future? Rand or the neo-conservatives?
On international issues, he usually stands with the neocons. On domestic issues, he votes average or below average for a Republican in the US Senate, depending on what you look at. He is Mr. Internet Tax.

eduardo89
07-20-2013, 08:00 PM
On international issues, he usually stands with the neocons. On domestic issues, he votes average or below average for a Republican in the US Senate, depending on what you look at. He is Mr. Internet Tax.

Voted YES on restricting UN funding for population control policies. (Mar 2009)
Voted YES on capping foreign aid at only $12.7 billion. (Oct 1999)
Voted YES on limiting NATO expansion to only Poland, Hungary & Czech. (Apr 1998)
Rated -1 by AAI, indicating a mixed Arab/Palestine voting record. (May 2012) neocons have anti-Palestinian ratings
Allow travel between the United States and Cuba. (Feb 2009)
Voted NO on restricting business with entities linked to terrorism. (Jul 2005)
Voted YES on banning chemical weapons. (Apr 1997)
Voted NO on authorizing air strikes in Kosovo. (Mar 1999)

He's certainly an interventionist, but not as bad as Cheney would be.

Keith and stuff
07-20-2013, 08:14 PM
TaftFan's Anti~LIZ FB page is about 24 hours old and has 48 likes...
52 last I looked. ;)

He's certainly an interventionist, but not as bad as Cheney would be.
You don't know that.

ClydeCoulter
07-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Think Rand would have any pull with him if Cheney fails?

krugminator
07-20-2013, 08:17 PM
She has to lose. Having someone like this in the Senate for 20 years is really bad for the party.

Having an eloquent neocon will automatically put her in consideration for even higher office. Same goes if Cotton wins a Senate seat.

It is absolutely baffling how people seem to have completely forgotten how terrible the Bush/Cheney regime was.

Brian4Liberty
07-20-2013, 08:20 PM
On international issues, he usually stands with the neocons.

Maybe on some votes. But he will certainly be less likely to in the future.

eduardo89
07-20-2013, 08:24 PM
You don't know that.

Of course I do. Cheney's main selling point is she's for a "strong national defense."

In October 2009 Liz Cheney, William Kristol, and Deborah Burlingame launched, as board members, a non-profit 501(c)4 organization, Keep America Safe. The group's stated purpose is to "provide information for concerned Americans about critical national security issues"

She's a neocon interventionist through and through.

krugminator
07-20-2013, 08:26 PM
52 last I looked. ;)

You don't know that.

Enzi is never going to be a major player in the party and he will never shape debate. Liz Cheney will if she wins. She is very vocal on foreign policy issues. She stared here own lobbying organization, whose sole purpose was to criticize Obama for not intervening enough. People throw neocon around a little loosely here. She is a legitimate neocon in the Bill Kristol mold.

Edit: Its pretty funny that Eduardo made the same points in the same order at the same time.

Keith and stuff
07-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Enzi is never going to be a major player in the party and he will never shape debate. Liz Cheney will if she wins. She is very vocal on foreign policy issues. She stared here own lobbying organization, whose sole purpose was to criticize Obama for not intervening enough. People throw neocon around a little loosely here. She is a legitimate neocon in the Bill Kristol mold.

Edit: Its pretty funny that Eduardo made the same points in the same order at the same time.
Interesting. Because this is 2 neocons fighting it out and you seem so concerned that you must get involved and promote 1 neocon over another. Plus, you somehow know which neocon is worse.

Anyway, when it comes to members of Congress, they have far more power (at least in the last several decades) over national issues than international issues. In fact, it seems members of Congress have just about no control over international issues. At the very least, members of Congress exercise no power over international issues.

GunnyFreedom
07-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Of course he does. Barf.

You said what I was thinking. Won't let me rep you, apparently I did so very recently.

eduardo89
07-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Interesting. Because this is 2 neocons fighting it out and you seem so concerned that you must get involved and promote 1 neocon over another. Plus, you somehow know which neocon is worse.

Anyway, when it comes to members of Congress, they have far more power (at least in the last several decades) over national issues than international issues. In fact, it seems members of Congress have just about no control over international issues. At the very least, members of Congress exercise no power over international issues.

Enzi isn't a neocon.

Anti Federalist
07-20-2013, 08:59 PM

LOL

"But he's really coming around!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaysTVcounI

Dianne
07-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Correct his name, foremost... It's not Hannity... It's Insanity .. You know the boy is one toke over the line, so why give him any credence ... He's a has been ... inconsequential ... No one gives a damn what Insanity thinks about anything.

Wipe his name from the books... he is just another "pretend" journalist, who strives to distract you from your game

Brian4Liberty
07-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Hannity said on his radio show the other day that we need Cheney in the Senate because she will be a good one, like Ted Cruz and, uh..., Mike Lee.

Anti Federalist
07-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Correct his name, foremost... It's not Hannity... It's Insanity .. You know the boy is one toke over the line, so why give him any credence ... He's a has been ... inconsequential ... No one gives a damn what Insanity thinks about anything.

Wipe his name from the books... he is just another "pretend" journalist, who strives to distract you from your game

Shamity

TER
07-20-2013, 09:44 PM
The leaving of the old guard! The final throws of a puppet 'journalist'. A man who has bosses with more authority over him then his own conscience. The choosing and defending of the establishment hacks is not ignored by those who are waking up. It serves the new GOP even further to wake up from their slumber and see with their own eyes and understand in their own minds that the charade is reaching the end. The MSM is corrupt and stinking.

The people who will fight to protect and defend the Constitution will not forget that Hannity played fiddle to Liz Cheney as this soon becomes a war of words between Rand Paul and the entire political-media complex. But Rand is a Jedi. ;)

fr33
07-21-2013, 12:04 AM
I guess he'll have to add a new line to that same old piece of paper that he reads from over and over and over again, day after day after day. Hannity would make a great communist re-educator. Just glue the headphones to the subject and destroy his/her mind.

Michigan11
07-21-2013, 12:07 AM
forget this Hannity charictor he's done after the 2016 election, let's start thinking ahead into the future.

jtstellar
07-21-2013, 11:49 AM
hannity is friend with dick cheney and the whole lot.. they obviously went out of their way to ask for hannity's endorsement.

when choosing between his principles and relationship with these people in order to maintain his social status, i see what hannity's final choice is. this is why the paul family is so invaluable. personal prowess and social circles to them are nothing.. they don't play games

Warlord
07-21-2013, 12:07 PM
Hannity is unlikely to sway the 10,000 or so people in the primary many of whom Enzi and his staff will know personally from his years of service going back and fourth. She is still dumb to attempt this

compromise
07-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Enzi voted against the 2013 NDAA after Lee-Feinstein was removed from it. Cheney, if elected, will vocally defend infinite detention.

This issue alone makes this race a very easy choice.

anaconda
07-21-2013, 04:15 PM

Sarcasm?

trey4sports
07-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Sarcasm?

nope.

Eduardo and I have been Hannitized. Great 'Murican hero he is...

anaconda
07-21-2013, 04:36 PM
nope.

Eduardo and I have been Hannitized. Great 'Murican hero he is...

"You're great Americans.." Turn the stone away, let the guilty pay, it's Independence Day.

Anti Federalist
07-21-2013, 04:45 PM
"You're great Americans.." Turn the stone away, let the guilty pay, it's Independence Day.

Wow, all the freedom in this thread is deafening.

RonPaulMall
07-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Enzi voted against the 2013 NDAA after Lee-Feinstein was removed from it. Cheney, if elected, will vocally defend infinite detention.

This issue alone makes this race a very easy choice.

But on the other side of the ledger, Enzi is the guy spearheading the Federal Internet Sales Tax. Bottom line- both candidates are absolutely horrible and I'm not going to waste my time worrying about who wins.

Aratus
07-21-2013, 08:50 PM
even if Sen. Enzi is a Romney/McCain/L.Graham morph...
"princess layahhh" has Darth Vader as a proud parent!!!!

enhanced_deficit
07-21-2013, 08:54 PM
And sun rises in the East.

It is a very natural endorsement from a neocom mouthpiece.

Krzysztof Lesiak
07-22-2013, 08:26 AM
Wow. Is this liberty movement really becoming this establismnenty? Looks like a lot of people are being co-opted. IMO there is no lesser evil in this race.

The GOP is a statist, evil, corrupt to the core organization. It's only usefulness is as a vehicle to run for office because the two-party system is here to stay and at least the RLC exists. If Ron Paul weren't a Republican I'd still have zero interest in the party.

KingNothing
07-22-2013, 08:36 AM

What are we supposed to do here? They're both terrible.

jjdoyle
07-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Is anybody surprised about this? Does anybody around here think "we have made progress" in the media when the media is still the same people and Ben Swann's KS is going to apparently fail, and fail MISERABLY? These guys are simply reading scripts/talking points on the air, which is why if you ever listen to Rush/Hannity/Levin, they all say nearly the exact same thing, every day of the week. Propaganda at its finest.

georgiaboy
07-22-2013, 08:44 AM
The more I'm thinking about this, the more I'm thinking Cheney needs to lose. Why else would Rand, Hannity, et al, weigh in on this race?

Everyone knows Hillary is the D nominee for 2016 potus. I can see the GOP machine positioning a Liz Cheney to be a GOP counter to Clinton, and yes, that soon.

There's definitely a bigger game afoot in Wyoming.

FSP-Rebel
07-22-2013, 09:32 AM
The more I'm thinking about this, the more I'm thinking Cheney needs to lose. Why else would Rand, Hannity, et al, weigh in on this race?

Everyone knows Hillary is the D nominee for 2016 potus. I can see the GOP machine positioning a Liz Cheney to be a GOP counter to Clinton, and yes, that soon.

There's definitely a bigger game afoot in Wyoming.
3 points for you

anaconda
07-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Wow, all the freedom in this thread is deafening.

Let Freedom ring. Let the
white Dove sing.

Brian4Liberty
07-22-2013, 03:48 PM
No worries everyone. Liz Cheney was on Rush this morning. She made sure that we all know that she's a "Constitutional Conservative". A real champion of the Constitution.

Go Liz Cheney, cause she's better than Enzi.

:rolleyes: