PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, the 2016 presidential campaign is already in full swing

alucard13mm
07-20-2013, 12:23 PM
hxxp://theweek.com/article/index/247172/apparently-the-2016-presidential-campaign-is-already-in-full-swing

Barack Obama has not even served one-fifth of his second term as president. But if you read the papers Friday, you would have thought we were deep into 2016 campaign mode. Over at The Hill, you would have seen a recap of David Axelrod proclaiming Hilary Clinton the winner of the Democratic presidential primary (http://thehill.com/video/campaign/312197-axelrod-hillary-will-be-the-candidate-in-2016). Meanwhile, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/07/19/iowa-meet-ted-cruz-ted-cruz-iowa/) neither of whom represents a state located anywhere near Iowa, are off to talk to crowds of future Iowa caucus voters... presumably to pledge their devotion to ethanol subsidies and generally say anything and everything they believe will make that particular class of Iowans like them.

----

Another hit piece it seems =s

randomname
07-20-2013, 12:54 PM
can't have Rand Paul be a legitimate contender in 2016 now can we.

Occam's Banana
07-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Meanwhile, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/07/19/iowa-meet-ted-cruz-ted-cruz-iowa/) neither of whom represents a state located anywhere near Iowa, are off to talk to crowds of future Iowa caucus voters... presumably to pledge their devotion to ethanol subsidies and generally say anything and everything they believe will make that particular class of Iowans like them.

This idiot needs to stop babbling and look at a map. Kentucky is just one state away from Iowa (via either Illinois or Missouri). As the crow flies, it's only 475 miles from Louisville KY to Des Moines IA.

Also note how it is "presumed" that Rand will "pledge ... devotion to ethanol subsidies." I guess when you want to smear someone and you have nothing to back your smears up with, you've got not choice but to resort to presumptions ...

FriedChicken
07-20-2013, 02:27 PM
The ethanol subsidies really cracked me up. I'll be $10,000 (to quote Romney) neither of them ever mentions ethanol.

helenpaul
07-20-2013, 03:02 PM
its time to rip into rubio every day if we want to win.

anaconda
07-20-2013, 03:57 PM
It occurred to me that after listening to Peter King lambast Paul and Cruz as terrible candidates for 2016, that a member of the same party doesn't usually do this until primary time.

07-20-2013, 04:10 PM
I think the interest in 2016 says a lot about how bad obama sucks.

anaconda
07-20-2013, 04:17 PM
I think the interest in 2016 says a lot about how bad obama sucks.

The poor sap is completely out of the loop. All he does is rehearse talking points and sign off on things they tell him to. Same as Bush.

anaconda
07-20-2013, 04:20 PM
its time to rip into rubio every day if we want to win.

I don't think Rubio is the slightest threat. He's a terrible speaker. I hope he joins the debates in 2015.

TheTyke
07-20-2013, 04:39 PM
I don't think Rubio is the slightest threat. He's a terrible speaker. I hope he joins the debates in 2015.

If anything, they will just throw him in to split up the conservative vote, while the establishment rallies around someone like Jeb or Christie. In 2012 they pumped up "conservatives" like Cain, Bachmann, Santorum, Gringrich etc. to distract from the only conservative with the organization to actually challenge their preordained, Romney.

Aratus
07-20-2013, 04:43 PM
both parties are wide open, POTUS BHO can't really hand pick an heir that his groundlings will love totally
and after Gentleman Mitt's loss by 3% we have the GOP being hopeful about 1600 PENN ave being theirs...