PDA

View Full Version : Helen Thomas dead at 92

RonPaulFanInGA
07-20-2013, 08:11 AM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/07/helen-thomas-veteran-reporter-dead-at-168818.html

pcosmar
07-20-2013, 08:23 AM
A long run.
R.I.P.

tangent4ronpaul
07-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Rest in peace, Helen, Rest in peace.

What a bummer!

She got booted off the White House press corps for asking an awkward question. Don't remember what. But that she did ask and got booted gave her mega brownie points in my book!

Corresponded with her once, including asking her to write that one article everyone is interested in, and that she is an expert on. Don't know if she ever did... anyone?, anyone? That would be how to most expediently get across DC at various times of the day. Something she was an expert on!

She will be missed! An honest reporter willing to ask the HARD questions!

-t

cajuncocoa
07-20-2013, 08:28 AM

What a bummer!

She got booted off the White House press corps for asking an awkward question. Don't remember what. But that she did ask and got booted gave her mega brownie points in my book!

Corresponded with her once, including asking her to write that one article everyone is interested in, and that she is an expert on. Don't know if she ever did... anyone?, anyone? That would be how to most expediently get across DC at various times of the day. Something she was an expert on!

She will be missed! An honest reporter willing to ask the HARD questions!

-tShe said "Jews should get the hell out of Palestine."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQKOwiTydis

tangent4ronpaul
07-20-2013, 08:35 AM
What got her booted was a Q she asked during a presidential press conference.

-t

jkr
07-20-2013, 08:37 AM
NO

FURTHER

QUESTIONS

RIP

pcosmar
07-20-2013, 08:37 AM

What a bummer!

-t

She didn't ask it. a Zionist blogger asked her a question,,and she answered it.
It cost her career..

cajuncocoa
07-20-2013, 08:38 AM
What got her booted was a Q she asked during a presidential press conference.

-t
What I'm seeing is that she retired after the controversy over the above-referenced remark.

chudrockz
07-20-2013, 08:39 AM
I still remember way back, Bill Clinton was President, she was in the White House press corps, and she commented something about "Everything's going down the drain!" Rush gotta lot of mileage out of that for awhile. Of course that's back in my dark days when I used to care what Rush had to say.

donnay
07-20-2013, 08:46 AM
R.I.P. Helen.

tangent4ronpaul
07-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Watch this!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwBBYLr_1bU

I remember watching a WH press conference where she asked a very awkward question and immediately after got booted. Maybe this interview had more to do with it. She didn't get an answer.

-t

ClydeCoulter
07-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Some of her statements (from https://kashifiat.wordpress.com/2010/06/08/veteran-white-house-reporter-helen-thomas-quits-at-89-after-israel-outburst/)

The wit and wisdom of Helen Thomas

“I think I’ll work all my life. When you’re having fun, why stop having fun?”

Unsourced, but widely published quote

“You said that the President deplored the taking of innocent lives. Does that apply to all innocent lives in the world? And I have a follow-up… My follow-up is, why does he want to drop bombs on innocent Iraqis?”

From a question to Ari Fleischer, George W. Bush’s spokesman, at the daily press briefing in 2003

“This is the worst President ever. [George W. Bush] is the worst President in all of American history.”

From a January 2003 Society for Professional Journalism event when Ms Thomas thought she was off the record

“The day Dick Cheney is going to run for president, I’ll kill myself. All we need is another liar… ”

“You don’t spread democracy through the barrel of a gun.”

In an interview with Jon Stewart of The Daily Show in June 2006

“Every president hates the Press. Every president thinks that all information that comes to the White House is their private preserve after they all promise an open administration on the campaign trail.”

In an April 2004 interview with The Majority Report

“Both Blair and Bush have been found lacking in their credibility. Usually by this time a government would have fallen. I covered two presidents, LBJ and Nixon, who could no longer convince, persuade, or govern, once people had decided they had no credibility, but we seem to be more tolerant now of what I think we should not tolerate.”

From the same April 2004 Majority Report interview

“There’s no accountability for a blogger. They can ruin lives, reputations, and once you send something into the air, it’s going to land, and there’s nothing that can curb them from saying anything they want. Everybody with a laptop thinks they’re a journalist, and everybody with a cellphone thinks they’re a photographer.”

acptulsa
07-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Mainstream journalism died the day she retired.

Props to a gutsy lady. Rest well, Helen Thomas.

UWDude
07-20-2013, 11:30 AM
RIP

and her career pretty much ended during the Bush administration, when they decided to just start ignoring her, because she asked real questions, unlike the rest of the sycophants

libertyjam
07-20-2013, 11:39 AM
I was able to unfollow or block a few more of the hard core zionists and neo-cons with brand names on twitter over the hateful things they are saying about her and still calling her an anti-semite.

jclay2
07-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Call me crazy, but I don't think it is that impressive taking 60 years to get thrown off the msm bandwagon. That is just me though.

thoughtomator
07-20-2013, 12:04 PM
People are being very selective in their view of this woman. For every criticism of Bush she uttered, she sucked Clintonite cock twice. Just another partisan hack and a big part of why the entire field of journalism is in the toilet.

robert68
07-20-2013, 12:27 PM
I was able to unfollow or block a few more of the hard core zionists and neo-cons with brand names on twitter over the hateful things they are saying about her and still calling her an anti-semite.

And she's likely more semitic than most of them calling her that.

Smart3
07-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Another anti-Semite bites the dust.

angelatc
07-20-2013, 03:09 PM

Because she said that Israel should get out of Palestine, she's an anti-Semite? You're such a troll....

PSYOP
07-20-2013, 03:17 PM

Another idiot who is incapable of comprehending the difference between anti-Zionist and anti-Semitic. Please go back to Khazaria where you posers came from -- you're giving the real Jews a bad name.

Brett85
07-20-2013, 03:30 PM
She had some similarities with some members here in that she was anti Israel.

Smart3
07-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Because she said that Israel should get out of Palestine, she's an anti-Semite? You're such a troll....

She said "Jews get the hell out of Palestine" "go back to Poland"

1. Most Israelis have no Polish Jewish ancestry.
2. Most Israelis were born in Israel
3. Telling Jews to leave their homeland for a country they've never been to is a Nazi sentiment. She just reversed the route. (Poland to Palestine becomes Palestine to Poland)

Another idiot who is incapable of comprehending the difference between anti-Zionist and anti-Semitic. Please go back to Kharia where you posers came from -- you're giving the real Jews a bad name.
The Khazars are extinct. Massacred and assimilated into the peoples that now make up the area.

It's a bit like the Hittites. Once very powerful, disappeared from the face of the Earth.

libertygrl
07-20-2013, 03:49 PM

Truth =anti-semitism.

pcosmar
07-20-2013, 03:59 PM
She said "Jews get the hell out of Palestine" "go back to Poland"

NO, She did not.
That is a gross misrepresentation of what she said.

She said "They should get out" when asked what Israelis should do.

She never used the word "Jew".
She was referring to Poles, Germans and other Europeans that had invaded the place.

Smart3
07-20-2013, 04:04 PM
NO, She did not.
That is a gross misrepresentation of what she said.

She said "They should get out" when asked what Israelis should do.

She never used the word "Jew".
She was referring to Poles, Germans and other Europeans that had invaded the place.

The questioner inserted the word Jew into the following question. She said (like most anti-semites) that these Jews were "Polish" and "German", as opposed to simply being Jewish. Like in the Bible, the wicked seed of Sidon and Tyre oppresses the Israelites. (she was of Phoenician/Lebanese stock)

pcosmar
07-20-2013, 04:08 PM
The questioner inserted the word Jew into the following question. She said (like most anti-semites) that these Jews were "Polish" and "German", as opposed to simply being Jewish. Like in the Bible, the wicked seed of Sidon and Tyre oppresses the Israelites. (she was of Phoenician/Lebanese stock)
Bullshit.

You know jack shit about the bible. .And flaunt your ignorance

You post and odd mix of confusing and distorted wiki references to give the illusion that you actually have some idea of what you are talking about.

Just quit already.

Smart3
07-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Bullshit.

You know jack shit about the bible. .And flaunt your ignorance

You post and odd mix of confusing and distorted wiki references to give the illusion that you actually have some idea of what you are talking about.

Just quit already.
I haven't mentioned anything from Wiki(pedia).

"You know jack shit about the Bible"

That's rich, considering I've read it every day since I was 6. (and often before that as well)

heavenlyboy34
07-20-2013, 04:18 PM
I haven't mentioned anything from Wiki(pedia).

"You know jack shit about the Bible"

That's rich, considering I've read it every day since I was 6. (and often before that as well)
So? Reading it and knowing what it means are different things altogether. Can you read the languages the original texts were written in? If not, you won't understand a lot of the subtleties that are lost in translation. You also need to know quite a bit of near eastern history to get what the writers are saying. You give me the impression that your scholarship is very weak.

pcosmar
07-20-2013, 04:21 PM
You give me the impression that your scholarship is very weak.

I suspected a Bot with some AI search algorithm.
But it could be a kid trying to discuss stuff with the grown ups.

Smart3
07-20-2013, 04:23 PM
So? Reading it and knowing what it means are different things altogether. Can you read the languages the original texts were written in? If not, you won't understand a lot of the subtleties that are lost in translation. You also need to know quite a bit of near eastern history to get what the writers are saying. You give me the impression that your scholarship is very weak.
I know more Hebrew and Koine Greek than just about everyone on this forum.

and Ancient History is my favorite.

I suspected a Bot with some AI search algorithm.
But it could be a kid trying to discuss stuff with the grown ups.
You're an ass.

pcosmar
07-20-2013, 05:07 PM
You're an ass.

Perhaps,,
But I was not the one who jumped in being disrespectful of the dead,, and of an elder and respected journalist at that.

UWDude
07-20-2013, 05:30 PM

Hi,

Fuck Israel.

bye.

heavenlyboy34
07-20-2013, 05:32 PM
I know more Hebrew and Koine Greek than just about everyone on this forum.

and Ancient History is my favorite.

You're an ass.
I smell a troll.http://toychop.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/troll-face-meme.png

brushfire
07-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Gun grabber...

BenIsForRon
07-21-2013, 02:11 AM
She was better than most in the press corps, that's for damn sure. I'll miss you, Helen.

wormyguy
07-21-2013, 02:38 AM
Well this thread is asshole central.

I read in the Bible that we're supposed to stone rape victims to death. Let's get to it!

Nobexliberty
07-21-2013, 02:43 AM
I smell a troll.http://toychop.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/troll-face-meme.png
No he's not a troll!

Brian4Liberty
07-21-2013, 12:14 PM

FNS (Fox Neocon Sunday) took the occasion of her death to go over her "crimes". Wallace tried to get Kristol to comment on it, and he was sly enough to change the subject and make jokes about Wallace instead.

heavenlyboy34
07-21-2013, 12:29 PM
No he's not a troll!
lolz :D

Nomzta
07-21-2013, 05:22 PM
I am celebrating her death tonight! Stupid anti-Semitic Christian Arab!

Fredom101
07-21-2013, 06:05 PM
"Down the drain!"

enhanced_deficit
07-21-2013, 09:43 PM
RIP

Not good form to attack a respected Christian arab icon who just passed away. Even Cindy McCain knows manners on criticizing people who are not alive.

Since you seem to oppose "racial hatred" which is an exaggerated charge in case of this Christian arab icon, have a questions for you. What %age of Israelis/Amerians want Palestinians to leave their homes and do you consider/call them anti-semites also?
Regardless of label affixing, if US Christians treated Jews in America as Israeli Jews treat Palestinian Christians, would you call it fair treatment?

--

Is suspected war criminal Madam Albright who defended mass deaths of half million semitic children an anti-semite in your view?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4PgpbQfxgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4PgpbQfxgo

US media, suspected to be under neocons control, did not call this guy anti-semite. Would you?

Senior Republican calls on Israel to expel West Bank Arabs
Friday 3 May 2002 20.36 EDT
The most senior Republican in the House of Representatives has called for Palestinians to be expelled from the West Bank, which should be annexed in its entirety by the state of Israel.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/may/04/israel3

bolil
07-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Smart3, a complete misnomer, is a zionist hack. I am not sure what it is doing in the liberty forest, perhaps the girdle of Melian was down when it came in.

May your feet find the straight road, mrs thomas.

enhanced_deficit
07-22-2013, 12:14 AM
Obama first had her removed from White House coverage and is now praising her.

Obama praises recently-deceased, controversial journalist Helen Thomas (http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/20/obama-praises-recently-deceased-controversial-journalist-helen-thomas/)

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiwvDAevEaamImPnnwsbJQPeODzgA19 bNWAYct8wiVIuIpU6HS3iBCP3tUcF9QKptw2U18Uhkl (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=helen%20thomas%20christian%20arab&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&ved=0CDYQpwI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdailycaller.com%2F2013%2F07%2F20% 2Fobama-praises-recently-deceased-controversial-journalist-helen-thomas%2F&ei=_cvsUezlD4O48wT17oH4Cg&usg=AFQjCNEO7cVhkdTuQgD9CBYYBLnqbYbToQ&bvm=bv.49478099,d.eWU)Daily Caller ‎- 1 day ago
“What made Helen the 'Dean of the White House Press Corps' was not ... Thomas was the daughter of Christian Arabs who immigrated from ...

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-22-2013, 05:38 AM
to call someone an anti-Semite because they believe Jews should stop terrorizing Palestinians is ridiculous. Both Jews and Palestinians are Arabs (semite). Racist Jews try to pretend they're not Arabs and are somehow superior, separate from their Arab brothers. And being a victim of the holocaust doesn't give Jews a free ticket to terrorize anyone they see fit. Sorry, Jews don't own the word Semite. It's all a lie.

V3n
07-22-2013, 06:21 AM
Flashback 2009:

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/helen-thomas-not-even-nixon-tried-control-media-obama

Following a testy exchange during Wednesday’s briefing with White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, veteran White House correspondent Helen Thomas told CNSNews.com that not even Richard Nixon tried to control the press the way President Obama is trying to control the press.

“Nixon didn’t try to do that,” Thomas said. “They couldn’t control (the media). They didn’t try.

“What the hell do they think we are, puppets?” Thomas said. “They’re supposed to stay out of our business. They are our public servants. We pay them.”

I think she was a straight-shooter and I appreciate and respect that. She was a pioneer for women journalists, the only woman to accompany Nixon on his trip to China.

willwash
07-22-2013, 06:43 AM

Another confused but otherwise decent American youth joins stormfront.

Don't you realize you empower David duke with comments like that?

Todd
07-22-2013, 06:48 AM
People are being very selective in their view of this woman. For every criticism of Bush she uttered, she sucked Clintonite cock twice. Just another partisan hack and a big part of why the entire field of journalism is in the toilet.

Call me crazy, but I don't think it is that impressive taking 60 years to get thrown off the msm bandwagon. That is just me though.

This and this.

Was she better than the shills we have today? Yes. But this thread is full of the ass kissing of a partisan hack.

I do not wish death on anyone. So Helen RIP.

tod evans
07-22-2013, 06:50 AM
Another confused but otherwise decent American youth joins stormfront.

Don't you realize you empower David duke with comments like that?

Oh for Petes sake.

PC speak is for those who suck state dick.

(Yup that was intentionally crass/homophobic and politically incorrect.)