PDA

View Full Version : Modern-Day Founding Father Adam Kokesh To Run For President Because Why Not

RonPaulFanInGA
07-20-2013, 06:42 AM
http://wonkette.com/523192/modern-day-founding-father-adam-kokesh-to-run-for-president-because-why-not

Oh man we cannot even begin to thank perennial fan favorite Adam Kokesh for all the material he’s given us of late. He’s like a perpetual motion machine of dumb. He’s the cold fusion of derp. He seems to have an unending source of stupid from which he can draw eternally, and it will simply replenish itself. What post-inspiring gift is Kokesh giving us today? Why, planning to run for president, of course:

Some Fox affiliate actually took the time (http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/22879607/activist-kokesh-will-run-for-president-to-abolish-us-government#axzz2ZSqf0Ia0) to talk to the Patrick Henry of our time and write it up in a really incomprehensible way where their questions are IN ALL CAPS SHOUTYNESS and Kokesh’s replies are in normal font, but we really think it should be the other way around:

The former U.S. Marine who served in Iraq plans to someday bring his anti-government views before voters. “ARE YOU RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT? Yes sir, in 2020 on the platform of: orderly dissolution of the United States government. WHY IS THAT A GOOD IDEA? Why is having a federal government a good idea at this point?”

Adam Kokesh believes the U.S. military is more harmful than helpful to American security, and the government — as a whole — has burdened its citizenry with debt.

Adam Kokesh is 70% disabled from his term of military service. He says he lives only on that money.

Do you guys see what we mean? He’s comedy gold. His schtick will LITERALLY never get old, because he will always step up his game with stuff like this. Abolish the government because the military is terrible and costs us all money but please to pay Adam Kokesh the federal gubmint military monies because otherwise he has none. There’s another type (http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/22879607/activist-kokesh-will-run-for-president-to-abolish-us-government#axzz2ZSqf0Ia0) of government largesse that Kokesh is happy to partake of:

Kokesh is currently being represented by a public defender.

We cannot WAIT for this guy’s presidential campaign. His battle cry of “federal benefits for me but not for thee” will be our new “the British are coming.” He’ll be our Thomas Jefferson, our John Adams, our James Madison, all rolled into one gun-crazy drug-fueled paranoid package. Freedom is in the air.

07-20-2013, 07:54 AM
So he just admitted to a felony on camera?

What 70% is disabled? He looks healthy enough, so I'd have to assume it's a mental health issue.

silverhandorder
07-20-2013, 08:04 AM
I thought that was interesting too. I wonder why this did not come out earlier. Good luck to him and his friends hope they are able to get him out.

cajuncocoa
07-20-2013, 08:17 AM
WGAS what Wonkette thinks of Adam?

tangent4ronpaul
07-20-2013, 09:08 AM
He could actually gain some ground if he went more moderate and low key re: a presidential campaign.

-t

V4Vendetta
07-20-2013, 09:11 AM
lol He's a Fed

silverhandorder
07-20-2013, 10:12 AM
lol He's a Fed

What you think of ancaps?

muh_roads
07-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Why is he taking disabled money? He's fine.

silverhandorder
07-20-2013, 10:16 AM

If I could cheat the government I would. I have zero respect for the institution.

BuddyRey
07-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Speaking of the founding fathers, believe me, whatever bad things the court "intellectuals" and establishment pundit class can say about Adam Kokesh were said just as often about Revolutionary Era activists like Sam Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, etc. in their own time.

Today's "dangerous radicals" and "extremists" always become tomorrow's cherished legends; the heroes of its history books.

presence
07-20-2013, 11:40 AM

He told the VA he doesn't sleep, wakes up in cold sweats thinking about insurgents sneaking up on him all the time, has a nervous twitch for his gun.

They call that 70% disabled; PTSD, and give him 5 different prescriptions, 3 of which have suicide as a side effect, along with monthly check of $1293.

Don't hate the player hate the game.

Reason
07-20-2013, 12:18 PM
VA % are not a 1-100% type thing, ie: you can have a single issue such a busted knee that gives you a disability rating of 20% plus two injured legs at 10% each that add up to 40% total which could be the max for those injuries

Basically, percentages don't mean anything without a detailed explanation that is specific to that particular person/injuries/classification

Occam's Banana
07-20-2013, 02:07 PM
WGAS what Wonkette thinks of Adam?

WGAS what Wonkette thinks about anything? In fact ... does Wonkette even "think" at all? On those extremely rare occasions upon which I have had the misfortune of encountering Wonkette's emissions, I have been unable to detect anything other than school-yard-quality sneers and snark. It would not be at all difficult to write a "mad lib" computer program to produce Wonkette-quality commentary.

Deborah K
07-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Oh goody, Wonkette! They've always been so fair to Dr. Paul and our movement.

JK/SEA
07-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Wonkee-Wanker operatives are members in here. Guess which ones?.....not too hard to figure out.

Weston White
07-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Blog articles written by somebody calling themselves “Snipy”. Big who cares, really? A quick glance through the handiwork within their profile, depicts them as being extremely negative. h--p://wonkette.com/author/snipy

Alright, next...

Matt Collins
07-20-2013, 08:57 PM
http://youtu.be/_n5E7feJHw0
http://youtu.be/_n5E7feJHw0

RonPaulFanInGA
07-21-2013, 03:38 AM
Oh goody, Wonkette! They've always been so fair to Dr. Paul and our movement.

Wonkette or not, the Kokesh presidential candidacy should be a laugh riot.

Guy couldn't even win the GOP primary in a heavily-democrat district (meaning no real strong GOP candidates running) in New Mexico.

TheTexan
07-21-2013, 04:50 AM
“ARE YOU RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT? Yes sir, in 2020 on the platform of: orderly dissolution of the United States government. WHY IS THAT A GOOD IDEA? Why is having a federal government a good idea at this point?”

Seems like a good enough reason to run. However, I believe dissolution will need to happen from the bottom up, not the top down

ironmanjakarta
07-21-2013, 07:46 AM
The states created the federal govt, they are the ones who have to dissolve it.

If Adam running for pres, even as a publicity stunt, can help convince them do that, then he will of done Americans a great service.

The 50 states dont need training wheels any more, they're big boys now and can take care of themselves. Federal systems are a relic of the past when the fastest transportation was horses and the pony express. They are not needed or wanted any more. They cause more problems than they solve and always become corrupt and tyrannical.

The states compete with each other and that is what keeps them from suffering the same fate.

Look at Europe. They were fine before they joined the European Union. Now they're bankrupt and in very real danger of becoming slaves