PDA

View Full Version : Kinect technology: Just yawn free coffee with facial recognition

jim49er
07-19-2013, 09:32 PM
This coffee machine brews a fresh cup of joe whenever it senses that you are yawning. Sure, it's a marketing stunt by Douwe Egberts, the international coffee giant; but it's a really smart marketing stunt, which cleverly capitalizes on readily-available Kinect technology. The vending machine uses facial recognition and, when it captures someone in front of the machine yawning, it dispenses free coffee.

Of course, if you really wanted coffee, you could just pretend to yawn and trick the machine into doling out a free cup. Such are the benefits of humans being smarter than machines (for now!).

http://news.yahoo.com/coffee-machine-yawn-151643809.html

alucard13mm
07-19-2013, 11:11 PM
microsoft shot itself in the foot..

The Kinect costs as much as the XBOX1 to make, thus doubling the costs.

If Kinect was not bundled, i think a 300USD cost for XBOX1 would make it quit appealing to budget gamers.

DamianTV
07-20-2013, 02:11 AM
Is the free coffee laced with mind control drugs? People are so fucking stupid to support surveillance shit like this.

silverhandorder
07-20-2013, 02:28 AM
microsoft shot itself in the foot..

The Kinect costs as much as the XBOX1 to make, thus doubling the costs.

If Kinect was not bundled, i think a 300USD cost for XBOX1 would make it quit appealing to budget gamers.

I think they are going for long term strategy. Making their console have less features will hurt the game sales down the line or game developers would shy away from developing kinect to full potential.