PDA

View Full Version : What is the purpose of the liberty movement?

Carlybee
07-19-2013, 09:08 PM
I must have missed the memo when people are suggesting Jeb Bush as a possible running mate should Rand decide to run and is nominated.
I thought the mission statement was to replace the neocons within the Republican party with liberty candidates.

Sign me....frankly disgusted.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-19-2013, 09:12 PM
I must have missed some people suggesting Jeb Bush and that is a good thing. I would immediately cease to take anyone seriously who suggested Jeb as a VP for any liberty candidate.

Petar
07-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Rough... I'd almost accept that if it was the only way to get Rand into Presidential office, but you know that they would put a bullet in him Hinckley style...

Carlybee
07-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Well that's the whole point. The VP would be someone who could step in if needed and what kind of message does that send to anyone wishing to support liberty? Smdh

Michigan11
07-19-2013, 09:17 PM
What Petar said...

Any Bush or Clinton or any establishment hack isn't going to cut it, and it pisses me off to even hear anything like that.

On a positive note: If people are saying that then these people are most likely new converts and are still learning so we are growing leaps and bounds!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Well that's the whole point. The VP would be someone who could step in if needed and what kind of message does that send to anyone wishing to support liberty? Smdh

I love me some Rand but I will go on record stating that I would not vote for a ticket that involved a Bush as a VP nominee.

Carlybee
07-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Well to be fair there were only 2 votes on that poll for Jeb but sheesh..disturbing.

Keith and stuff
07-19-2013, 09:22 PM
I thought the mission statement was to replace the neocons within the Republican party with liberty candidates.

The purpose is to crate a safer, saner, happier more prosperous world by increasing liberty. That's how I see it. It has nothing specifically to do with the GOP, though election better people in all parties is a good idea and will help advance liberty.

Carlybee
07-19-2013, 09:24 PM
The purpose is to crate a safer, saner, happier more prosperous world by increasing liberty. That's how I see it. It has nothing specifically to do with the GOP, though election better people in all parties is a good idea and will help advance liberty.

It has to do with the GOP if the people we choose to support financially and philosophically are running on the GOP ticket.

bolil
07-19-2013, 09:25 PM
keep what is left and try to get what has been taken, back.

cajuncocoa
07-19-2013, 09:25 PM
I love me some Rand but I will go on record stating that I would not vote for a ticket that involved a Bush as a VP nominee.

...or a Cheney.

phill4paul
07-19-2013, 09:28 PM
To educate those worth educating.

Keith and stuff
07-19-2013, 09:32 PM
It has to do with the GOP if the people we choose to support financially and philosophically are running on the GOP ticket.

That's true. Some of the liberty movement is politically related. Some of the liberty people that run for office run as Republicans.

Carlybee
07-19-2013, 09:34 PM
That's true. Some of the liberty movement is politically related. Some of the liberty people that run for office run as Republicans.

For the purposes of this thread I am referring to Rand Paul possibly running for president as a Republican, and the poll in another thread on here asking for suggestions about who his running mate should be.

Sola_Fide
07-19-2013, 09:37 PM
My political sense tells me that if Rand picks anyone more establishment than him, he will lose to Hillary in a landslide.

Matthew5
07-19-2013, 09:38 PM
The ends justify the means with some politicos.

MelissaWV
07-20-2013, 12:22 PM
The ends justify the means with some politicos.

There were TWO people that chose Jeb in that poll.

Some people are not serious, and would vote for him just for laughs. Someone might have clicked the wrong option. And maybe ONE person is poorly educated on Jeb Bush in general, and just figures his name recognition would do some good.

It seems an odd thing to get upset over. :confused:

twomp
07-20-2013, 12:30 PM
I can't speak for everyone else in the "Liberty Movement" but I personally just want to be left alone. To do my own damn thing in peace. And I don't want my money being used in any part to bomb children in mud houses half a world a way who have done nothing to me.

Carlybee
07-20-2013, 12:49 PM

Some people are not serious, and would vote for him just for laughs. Someone might have clicked the wrong option. And maybe ONE person is poorly educated on Jeb Bush in general, and just figures his name recognition would do some good.

I just can't believe anyone would pick a Bush. Its not the first time I've heard his name mentioned on here. If the only way Rand could get elected was to choose Jeb Bush then he certainly could not in all honesty use the liberty moniker. Not upset...more like incredulous.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-20-2013, 12:55 PM
I must have missed the memo when people are suggesting Jeb Bush as a possible running mate should Rand decide to run and is nominated.

Sounds like a death threat for Rand.

Occam's Banana
07-20-2013, 01:09 PM
The purpose of the liberty movement is to make me a ham sammich.

So, where's my ham sammich, dammit ... ?!?! :p;):D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9ct0pFi4DM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9ct0pFi4DM

Barrex
07-20-2013, 01:21 PM
They point fingers at me. Nice. I am disgusting. No, I didnt voted but I see the reasons behind it.

Since you are so honest, let me be the same:Honestly, you look to me like those guys in mommas basement who are so principled that they never achieve anything but are ready to trash-talk and spit in everyones face because everyone else is "not pure enough". Lets follow your "logic" little bit: Rand shouldnt have been connected with Tea Party because they are hijacked by neocons and establishment (and he should sacrifice senatorial race/thing not spoken/); Rand made mistake when he formed working relationship with that other senator from KY,one of establishment leaders that supported him during filibuster(and sacificew his influence in Senat/thing not spoken/); Rand shouldnt allow Reince Preibus to talk at same events with him because he is compromising; Rand shouldnt nominate VP the same way that other politicians nominate theirs- find the VP that will the most increase his chance to become president (and sacrifice his chance of becoming president and changing things for better/thing not spoken/); Rand should burn all bridges and go full monty anarchist-libertarian or he is a traitor(and fail miserably at achieving anything/thing not spoken/)...

There is "basement reality" and there is "reality reality". In real reality the game is called "politics". In "basement reality" the game is called "not achieving anything".

VP is there to help take swing states and swing voters. Everything else is jibber-jabber. Other than that he is useless puppet that collects dust. If you want to be 100% pure nominate: Ron Paul, Adam Kokesh, Lew Rockwell, Mr. Random Anarchist, Mr. No Chance In Hell That I Will Become VP And I Will 10000% Cost Rand Presidency....This last one must be Indian because his name is so complex.

For those of you who pull "they would kill him" card: Nothing advances idea and a cause than a martyr.(Jesus. As in example and as in "Jesus, I cant believe how immature and naive some people are.)

You had to create new thread about this. Weak. Lets spit on each others little more.

Carlybee
07-20-2013, 03:25 PM
They point fingers at me. Nice. I am disgusting. No, I didnt voted but I see the reasons behind it.

Since you are so honest, let me be the same:Honestly, you look to me like those guys in mommas basement who are so principled that they never achieve anything but are ready to trash-talk and spit in everyones face because everyone else is "not pure enough". Lets follow your "logic" little bit: Rand shouldnt have been connected with Tea Party because they are hijacked by neocons and establishment (and he should sacrifice senatorial race/thing not spoken/); Rand made mistake when he formed working relationship with that other senator from KY,one of establishment leaders that supported him during filibuster(and sacificew his influence in Senat/thing not spoken/); Rand shouldnt allow Reince Preibus to talk at same events with him because he is compromising; Rand shouldnt nominate VP the same way that other politicians nominate theirs- find the VP that will the most increase his chance to become president (and sacrifice his chance of becoming president and changing things for better/thing not spoken/); Rand should burn all bridges and go full monty anarchist-libertarian or he is a traitor(and fail miserably at achieving anything/thing not spoken/)...

There is "basement reality" and there is "reality reality". In real reality the game is called "politics". In "basement reality" the game is called "not achieving anything".

VP is there to help take swing states and swing voters. Everything else is jibber-jabber. Other than that he is useless puppet that collects dust. If you want to be 100% pure nominate: Ron Paul, Adam Kokesh, Lew Rockwell, Mr. Random Anarchist, Mr. No Chance In Hell That I Will Become VP And I Will 10000% Cost Rand Presidency....This last one must be Indian because his name is so complex.

For those of you who pull "they would kill him" card: Nothing advances idea and a cause than a martyr.(Jesus. As in example and as in "Jesus, I cant believe how immature and naive some people are.)

You had to create new thread about this. Weak. Lets spit on each others little more.

No it's not weak Barrex. I wanted to know if my perception of the liberty movement has somehow morphed into something else. Your comment only spurred me to start thinking about it. Jeb Bush was a founding member of PNAC, so yes I would be very concerned if anyone for any reason felt he would be a good choice for Rand. If you can't understand why, then I can't help you.

See signature lines at bottom of page http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm And if you are unaware, this was one of the neocon blueprints for global war and empire building.

fr33
07-20-2013, 03:31 PM
I can't imagine that any VP candidates that I approve of will be selected so I don't vote in those polls or waste any time thinking about it.

Bastiat's The Law
07-20-2013, 03:33 PM

I agree. I don't think it was worthy of a separate thread. Two people picked Bush in that "poll" and I suspect they were just being silly in doing so.

Bastiat's The Law
07-20-2013, 03:37 PM
I just can't believe anyone would pick a Bush. Its not the first time I've heard his name mentioned on here. If the only way Rand could get elected was to choose Jeb Bush then he certainly could not in all honesty use the liberty moniker. Not upset...more like incredulous.

Rand wouldn't pick him for VP so its moot.

Carlybee
07-20-2013, 03:55 PM
I agree. I don't think it was worthy of a separate thread. Two people picked Bush in that "poll" and I suspect they were just being silly in doing so.

Actually one of them was quite serious. And I made a separate thread so as not to contaminate that one and as I mentioned before it wasn't just that poll, it's been mentioned here and there in other similar threads. Of course some have also suggested that idiot Michelle Bachman as well so it just makes me wonder where peoples heads are.

LibertyEagle
07-20-2013, 04:03 PM

If someone did that, I agree with you. Barfola.

LibertyEagle
07-20-2013, 04:06 PM

The problem is that the VP is 2nd in line, so that if the President dies, the VP becomes the President. THAT is why we have to be concerned with who the VP is. But, I do agree that the main purpose of a VP is to bring in votes that the President could not.

Brett85
07-20-2013, 04:06 PM
What's even scarier is that one person voted for John Bolton. I hope that was just a joke.

MelissaWV
07-20-2013, 04:15 PM
What's even scarier is that one person voted for John Bolton. I hope that was just a joke.

Maybe they thought it was Michael.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHr4d2KzBzU