PDA

View Full Version : Colorado, MAKE IT RIGHT!! Put The Nail In The Coffin Of Prohibition

speciallyblend
07-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Make It Right!!, Put The Nail In The Coffin Of Prohibition, Spread to Everyone in Colorado and Please Donate If YOU CAN or when YOU Can!! http://relief4possession.webs.com/
The Line in The Sand Has Been DRAWN!!!! :toady::D

clarification, so rpf understands the issue at hand, Marijuana medical or personal is legal in Colorado!!!! There are some counties,towns or areas. That are still fining folks haressing folks for doing something perfectly legal on their own property.
This bill removes all fines to stop certain folks from ignoring the colorado constitution. Counties or Towns still have the right to vote up or down if they want retail or not.
There seems to be some folks advocating for a drug war and ignoring the intent and wishes of the Colorado People!!
hopefully Rand Paul understands what side of the fence he needs to be on to WIN!!

speciallyblend
07-19-2013, 01:02 PM
blimpin for liberty and the people of colorado!

dannno
07-19-2013, 01:38 PM
I thought you guys already took care of that part :confused:

brandon
07-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Ok so here's my take on this. The CO marijuana referendum only repealed state laws. I think certain municipalities/counties have enacted their own laws against marijuana. I think SB is trying to advocate that local governments should not have the authority to do this. I gotta disagree with that.

speciallyblend
07-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Ok so here's my take on this. The CO marijuana referendum only repealed state laws. I think certain municipalities/counties have enacted their own laws against marijuana. I think SB is trying to advocate that local governments should not have the authority to do this. I gotta disagree with that.

all they are doing is removing fines and jail since some counties want to ignore the colorado constitution that the voters approved , are you advocating a drug war? It is Legal by the Colorado Constitution, counties have a right to decide if they want to retail it or not.

oo lord wouldn't it be great if you were doing something legal and i came along and fined and arrested you for it. This is what you are advocating.

speciallyblend
07-19-2013, 02:40 PM
I thought you guys already took care of that part :confused:

there is still some counties,districts/towns arresting,ticketing and fining folks following the Colorado Constitution!

Dr.3D
07-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Just wait till the feds haul in somebody who was just out hunting and happened to have a joint on them. They would be looking at a 5 year minimum from what I understand.

speciallyblend
07-19-2013, 02:49 PM
clarification, so rpf understands the issue at hand, Marijuana medical or personal is legal in Colorado!!!! There are some counties,towns or areas. That are still fining folks haressing folks for doing something perfectly legal on their own property.
This bill removes all fines to stop certain folks from ignoring the colorado constitution. Counties or Towns still have the right to vote up or down if they want retail or not.
There seems to be some folks advocating for a drug war and ignoring the intent and wishes of the Colorado People!!
hopefully Rand Paul understands what side of the fence he needs to be on to WIN!!

speciallyblend
07-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Just wait till the feds haul in somebody who was just out hunting and happened to have a joint on them. They would be looking at a 5 year minimum from what I understand.

something along those lines happened to an out of stater by colorado state patrol, they wrote a ticket,seized his guns and let him on his way. that was almost 2 years ago i think. so there are already court challenges happen etc ,most of this expected. the powers to be kick and scream of course.

brandon
07-19-2013, 02:51 PM

The intents and wishes of the people are best addressed at a local level, which is exactly what's happening when they decide they don't want it legal in their town.

speciallyblend
07-19-2013, 02:54 PM
The intents and wishes of the people are best addressed at a local level, which is exactly what's happening when they decide they don't want it legal in their town.

the local level has no right to ignore the colorado constitution and fine folks for using a legal substance.

you are basically advocating for your local gov to fine YOU for anything LEGAL. I cannot help you.. You are also advocating that local counbties ignore the very constitution people voted for in majoirty. you are basically saying it is ok for folks to be fined using legal anything. laughable

speciallyblend
07-19-2013, 02:56 PM

hopefully Rand Paul understands what side of the fence he needs to be on to WIN!! this was the intent to stop arresting fining folks for using legal marijuana passed by a majority voters statewide application through the colorado constitution. The only thing the local and counties were granted through colorado law was the ability to have retail or not period. do you not understand? seems you do not.

brandon
07-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Marijuana is illegal in the United States so by your logic Colorado shouldn't be able to override that. You can't have it both ways.

speciallyblend
07-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Marijuana is illegal in the United States so by your logic Colorado shouldn't be able to override that. You can't have it both ways.

brandon get real, so you are advocating continuing the driug war because of our british gov aka tories aka us gov. no one is saying local/county cannot regulate public areas. i will no longer respond to drug war lovers such as yourself.

speciallyblend
07-19-2013, 03:06 PM

by your logic you are saying the federal gov gets to expand the drug war no matter what the citizens are voting for in colorado. the towns or counties you are advocating for have no right to ignore the colorado constitution and fine or arrest folks for using a legal substance. your logic is also arguing the federal gov has every right to dictate to the states. I am not saying local and counties have no right to regulate mariujana just not arrest and fine them as voters voted on a statewide int. by your logic agian your only argument is the federal gov has every right to arrest and fine and since they do counties have a right to ignore colorado law. i clearly know where you stand for the federal gov and ignoring colorado law. federal law does not supercede state law and county law does not superede state law. so your logic makes no sense. you are advocating for a drug war and fining folks for using legal substance including yourself(any legal substance not just marijuana. name your fav thing, now i get to arrest or fine you by your logic.

done with you brandon everyone clearly sees where you and i stand.

speciallyblend
07-19-2013, 03:11 PM

they do not have a right by colorado law to do that. that is the point if they want that right. They need to do exactly what we did make a statewide inti. You are saying a county or local has the right to make anything illegal. They do not have the right to make something illegal by fining them. They do have the right to reuglate public not private on marijuana or any product food or otherwise. they cannot decide to outlaw milk not marijuana nor eggs.

if you so agree that they have a right to fine or arrest. Then you need to get off your ass and stop posting and make it state law that they have a right to make anything illegal including marijuana and whatever else food or substance on yours and the towns list.

Dr.3D
07-19-2013, 03:13 PM

Exactly. If certain towns had decided they wanted to legalize marijuana and the state had decided it didn't want marijuana legalized, he would then be crying that the state shouldn't be able to dictate to the towns.

dannno
07-19-2013, 03:17 PM

Ya, issues are better dealt with on the local level, but if I lived in a free society and one day found out that in the next town over suddenly the state apparatus was caging non-violent people for non-crimes I would want to stop that from happening. I don't really mind top-down legislation that limits government power, sort of like what the US Constitution is supposed to do. So essentially sb is advocating that the Colorado Constitution guarantee the rights of Colorado citizens to possess a plant. That's really not so bad and not anti-liberty imo.

speciallyblend
07-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Ya, issues are better dealt with on the local level, but if I lived in a free society and one day found out that in the next town over suddenly the state apparatus was caging non-violent people for non-crimes I would want to stop that from happening. I don't really mind top-down legislation that limits government power, sort of like what the US Constitution is supposed to do. So essentially sb is advocating that the Colorado Constitution guarantee the rights of Colorado citizens to possess a plant. That's really not so bad and not anti-liberty imo.

bascially what brandon is arguing is that county and local law should supercede state law so local and county can fine ,arrest and inprison folks for using a legal substance statewide. I say more power to him . Then he needs to write an Amendment and have it go to the voters and have 2/3 of colorado voters approve it. If he is not willing to do this and change colorado law. Then he has no argument other then supporting the drug war and the federal gov.

local and county still have every right to regulate public property just not private property. He is arguing that local and county should be exempt from state law and be able to target private property. That is his point really.

Brandon if you are complaining about state law please change it ,we did so instead of complaining about my thread or what we are doing. You should change the law yourself and then i will comply to having county/local supercede state. get to work you have alot to do to get it on the election ballot. We have changed the law 2 times and now since folks want to ignoring state law(legal). We have to pass this amendment. If you disagree. Then do the same and stop ignoring state law ,CHANGE IT , put up or Shut UP. nothing stopping you from putting your amendment on the floor or ballot(so you can exempt local from state law) since you want to ignore state law.

presence
07-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Marijuana is a religious freedom issue. No state, nation, or municipality should have the power to effect one's free practice of religion.

whoisjohngalt
07-19-2013, 04:03 PM

Where as localized governments ideally have more control than state government's furthering a federalist model, you are forgetting about the fact that no one has the moral authority to tell you what to put in your own body...

If a local government legalized murder, would you be ok with that?

The right to life, LIBERTY, and property is inherent and does not extend from government. I assume you already know all this though?

whoisjohngalt
07-19-2013, 04:10 PM

So if a town's legislature passes something that directly violates protections secured by the Constitution that no government is supposedly allowed to infringe, you are cool with it? Even if the people in the town hate it? So you are fine with a local government getting rid of free speech, outlawing guns, forcing people to quarter troops, allowing random search and seizure, etc, etc. That's what you seem to be advocating.

The U.S. Governments prohibition on pot isn't constitutional. But why are you viewing this from a legal standpoint? The moral question supersedes any legal one. The magic of the ballot box doesn't give someone the right to commit violence and badges don't grant special rights. We reject your tyranny of the majority (or often minority).

speciallyblend
07-19-2013, 11:32 PM
blimpin

DamianTV
07-20-2013, 02:46 AM
Bumpity bump bump.