PDA

View Full Version : I think people R 4getting that Trayvon was a teenager so he probably thought as a teenager

aGameOfThrones
07-18-2013, 10:49 PM
The parents of Trayvon Martin felt "shock" and "disgust" when a Florida jury ruled Saturday night that George Zimmerman, 29, was found not guilty in the shooting death of their son.

"I really didn't believe that he was not guilty," Sybrina Fulton said today on "Good Morning America." "My first thought was shock, disgust."

Zimmerman had been accused of second-degree murder for shooting Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old, Feb. 26, 2012, in Sanford, Fla. He said from the beginning that he had shot Martin in self-defense, but many questioned his account of the incident.

"I think people are forgetting that Trayvon was a teenager so he probably thought as a teenager," Fulton said. "I really do believe he was afraid because he did call George Zimmerman creepy. So he was afraid and if you are 17 years old and you are afraid, you may not know what to do."

The verdict from the all-female jury of six was met with a wave of public outcry, including protest marches across the country.

"As parents understanding how they reached the verdict, I'll never grasp that concept," said Martin's father, Tracy Martin. "Just as loving parents and God-fearing people, we just continue to pray that whatever was in their heart was what they intended to do. But we didn't feel it was fair and, of course, it was devastating."

http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martins-parents-devastated-not-guilty-verdict-105928189--abc-news-topstories.html?vp=1

dannno
07-18-2013, 10:51 PM
Right, I'm sure Zimmerman wasn't fearing for the safety of himself or his neighbors either :rolleyes:

Occam's Banana
07-18-2013, 11:08 PM
There are numerous very good reason why parents (of either the accused of the alleged victim) are not permitted to sit on juries.

The OP item displays a number of them.