PDA

View Full Version : Check status of income tax refund - agree to be monitored

Dianne
07-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Ohhhhhh, so much we have to look forward too under Obama Care ... To check the status of your income tax refund, that is six weeks overdue; you must first consent to the following:

www.irs.gov

THIS U.S. GOVERNMENT SYSTEM IS FOR AUTHORIZED USE ONLY !!

Use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring, interception, recording, reading, copying or capturing by authorized personnel of all activities. There is no right to privacy in this system..

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Two sides to this story:

#1 Criminals are making more money cashing in on peoples Income Tax Refund Checks than dealing drugs. And without all the gun waving shooting murdering thuggery.

#2 There should be NO Income Tax to begin with.

CPUd
07-18-2013, 03:03 PM
#3 it also looks like the standard disclaimer for a govt site.

Dianne
07-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Two sides to this story:

#1 Criminals are making more money cashing in on peoples Income Tax Refund Checks than dealing drugs. And without all the gun waving shooting murdering thuggery.

#2 There should be NO Income Tax to begin with.

I didn't file tax returns since 2008, and began receiving letters from the IRS saying they were going to estimate my taxes and put me in the highest bracket there is.............. with no deductions... They had a little form for me to fill out saying I agreed to that. With their estimate, I would owe them almost $3,000. per year for years 2009, 2010, 2011. So I went ahead and filed those three years, at the same time I filed 2012 ......... and the IRS owes me for each year. They paid the refund for years 2010 and 2011; but keep writing to me saying they are withholding the 2012 refund since I have not yet filed 2009. When I call them, they say they do have the 2009 return ... but they keep sending me letters they do not.

So last time I called them (a few weeks ago, after receiving another letter), the expected wait time was 520 minutes. So I tried going online and they have no information about my returns.

I tried today online, and this is the first time I've seen this new disclaimer that you have to agree too before you retrieve information about your refund.

I'm pointing out also, what this will be like when Obama care is administered by the I.R.S. ... I am not looking forward to a call wait time of over 520 minutes, are you?

CPUd
07-18-2013, 03:20 PM
I couldn't even begin to consider the logistics of waiting on hold for 9 hours...

You could probably drive to their office in that time.

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 03:26 PM
I couldn't even begin to consider the logistics of waiting on hold for 9 hours...

Where you would sit in bad chairs for nine hours.

And get arrested if you did any complaining.

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 03:41 PM

Nope, the call center and offices have been outsourced to India.

mad cow
07-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Don't worry,you'll probably bleed out in 520 minutes anyhow.

dannno
07-18-2013, 04:23 PM
So I went ahead and filed

I hope you learned your lesson.

dannno
07-18-2013, 05:02 PM
//

Dianne
07-20-2013, 07:44 AM
Nope, the call center and offices have been outsourced to India.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised.