PDA

View Full Version : ACLU Study Says Police Cameras Create Database of Our Movements

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 01:25 PM
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/13/07/18/0055227/aclu-study-says-police-cameras-create-database-of-our-movements

"The ACLU has published a study saying the widespread use of police and traffic cameras has made it possible to track individual's movements, even across multiple jurisdictions. From the article, 'While the Supreme Court ruled in 2012 that a judge's approval is needed to use GPS to track a car, networks of plate scanners allow police effectively to track a driver's location, sometimes several times every day, with few legal restrictions. The ACLU says the scanners are assembling a "single, high-resolution image of our lives." "There's just a fundamental question of whether we're going to live in a society where these dragnet surveillance systems become routine," said Catherine Crump, a staff attorney with the organization. The group is proposing that police departments immediately delete any records of cars not linked to any crime.'"

It wont be long until you get speeding tickets for getting from one intersection to another too quickly. Mundanes WILL be held accountable for EVERY misdeed.

Keith and stuff
07-18-2013, 03:29 PM
.Law enforcement officials also point out that the technology is legal in most cases, automating a practice that's been done for years. The ACLU found that only five states have laws governing license plate readers. New Hampshire, for example, bans the technology except in narrow circumstances, while Maine and Arkansas limit how long plate information can be stored.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/07/17/driving-somewhere-there-govt-record-that/#ixzz2ZR0slUxg

I don't think that is a surprise to anyone here. New Hampshire is known as the state were people care most about privacy. Unfortunately, it is generally allowed with almost no restrictions in the other 49 states. And even in the 1 state where the practice is almost always illegal, there is a bill being studied over the summer is reduce the restrictions a little. Some of us are trying to keep the bill in the committee. We shall see. What we do know is that there is work to do on this issue in all 50 states so if you don't like it, please get active. If you live in NH, please contact me.

tsai3904
07-18-2013, 03:33 PM
@Keith - Do you have a link to NH's law prohibiting this?

Root
07-18-2013, 03:40 PM
So the NSA is tied into this network too, right? Soon they will be able to automate the tickets for talking/texting and driving too.

Keith and stuff
07-18-2013, 03:44 PM
It is the same law that bans camera ticketing for speeding and camera ticketing for speeding. It is a recent law that free staters helped pass. Here is an article about it which has been talked about here before. It shows the RSA number the the current law, the most restrictive in the US. http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130623/NEWS07/130629674

Here is the new proposed bill, it weakens the protections. Though, it would still make NH law substantially more restrictive than other state, especially if I have anything to say about it. http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130718/NEWS07/130719299/0/FRONTPAGE

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 03:51 PM
So the NSA is tied into this network too, right? Soon they will be able to automate the tickets for talking/texting and driving too.

They'll automate tickets for not driving with both hands on the wheel, not wearing your seatbelt, not using turn signals even when you are the only car on the road. You'll be subject to mandatory breathalizers to even start your car (EU), and mandatory awareness tests if you blink your eyes too much.

When this level of surveillance comes into your HOME, you will be fined / imprisoned for not throwing away ANY product that is beyond its expiration date, or for using a product in a manner in which it was not perscribed (using coca cola to get rid of battery terminal rust), and eventually for not watching mandatory propoganda. You will be fined / imprisoned for not surrendering expired prescription medications immediately. You will be REQUIRED to wear a fucking helment when you use a ladder or climb a chair, and will be REQUIRED to have a Govt Camera (that you will pay for) in your Shower because Bathtub Slips cause more deaths than every act of terrorism combined. You will also be immediately sent to a Reindoctrination Facility if you express any behaviors that indicate that you do not fuly support the Status Quo.

If Rick Perry had his way, you'd go to prison for homosexual sex, or for even having sex with your wife if not for the purposes of procreation.

The Rick Perry thing is intended to show that everyone is going to demand different obedient behaviors, and it should also be heavily observed that even if your expected behavior is in direct conflict with another expected behavior, you will be held accountable regardless of which one you choose to obey. Damned if you do, damned if you dont, but you'll always be the one held accountable.

Govt - ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY

Keith and stuff
07-18-2013, 04:02 PM

States would need too pass laws banning driving while using a cell phone first.

Keith and stuff
07-18-2013, 04:02 PM
They'll automate tickets for not driving with both hands on the wheel, not wearing your seatbelt, not using turn signals even when you are the only car on the road. You'll be subject to mandatory breathalizers to even start your car (EU), and mandatory awareness tests if you blink your eyes too much.

When this level of surveillance comes into your HOME, you will be fined / imprisoned for not throwing away ANY product that is beyond its expiration date, or for using a product in a manner in which it was not perscribed (using coca cola to get rid of battery terminal rust), and eventually for not watching mandatory propoganda. You will be fined / imprisoned for not surrendering expired prescription medications immediately. You will be REQUIRED to wear a fucking helment when you use a ladder or climb a chair, and will be REQUIRED to have a Govt Camera (that you will pay for) in your Shower because Bathtub Slips cause more deaths than every act of terrorism combined. You will also be immediately sent to a Reindoctrination Facility if you express any behaviors that indicate that you do not fuly support the Status Quo.

Lol, don't count on it. The people I know would never stand for that.

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Lol, don't count on it. The people I know would never stand for that.

I truly hope so.

Then I look at the people I know and dont have confidence in, and just think to myself Frog and Boiling Water...