PDA

View Full Version : Black Jazz Musician Assaulted By White Woman After Dedicating Song to Trayvon Martin

Antischism
07-18-2013, 12:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24VSGi8Y5VQ

Source (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57593953/bay-area-musician-attacked-after-dedicating-song-to-trayvon-martin/)

Blues, rock, and soul musician Lester Chambers was attacked during a performance in Hayward over the weekend after he dedicated a song to slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin. A woman has been arrested in the attack, CBS San Francisco reports.

According to witnesses, during a performance at the Hayward Russell City Blues Festival on Saturday, Chambers dedicated Curtis Mayfield's "People Get Ready" to Martin. While he sung, a woman leapt onto the stage and attacked the 73-year-old singer. Several band members and fans tackled the woman and made a citizen's arrest.

Chambers was taken to the hospital. He suffered bruises on his ribs and all over his body and is forced to walk with a cane.

At their Petaluma home, Chambers and his son Dylan shuddered as they watched video of the attack.

"It's beyond fathomable that happened to my father, a legend, someone so powerful for peace," Dylan Chambers told KPIX 5.

Lester Chambers recalled the attack. "I saw anger and for the short time I did see her she just came, 'You motherfucker, you started this.' Boom! And I was down," he said.

The co-founder of the 1960s band The Chambers Brothers said he was singing about love and peace, as a tribute to Martin. He had just told the audience why he chose Mayfield's "People Get Ready."

"(Mayfield) sang 'People get ready, there's a train a coming.' And if he was here today singing it, he would prefer probably that we would say, 'People get ready there's a change a coming,'" Lester Chambers told KPIX 5.

Officers said 43-year-old suspect Dinalynn Andrews-Potter of Barstow refused to speak to police. She was cited and released.

Lester Chambers has a new album coming out this week, but because of the attack he is too afraid to do live performances to promote it.

He was not afraid to offer the suspect forgiveness. "I would say to her, get a little God in your heart, and let a little love come out of your soul."

The Chambers family believes the suspect should be charged with a hate crime, because the song was dedicated to Martin.

Police hope to turn the case over to the Alameda County District Attorney's Office on Tuesday.

I see people posting all these "blacks attack whites in retaliation for Trayvon" threads, but this story was conveniently avoided on the board so far. I heard about it two days ago and had no intention of posting it, but it's clear that General Politics has become Trayvon Central, so I might as well! :eek:

amy31416
07-18-2013, 12:50 PM
What a piece of trash.

Petar
07-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Losers abound.

tod evans
07-18-2013, 12:55 PM
The programming seems to be working..

MSM..........Hooo-Rah!

squarepusher
07-18-2013, 01:04 PM
looks like a typical RPF poster :)

fisharmor
07-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Holy shit, whatever you do don't read the comments.

talkingpointes
07-18-2013, 01:18 PM
What a waste of time and energy - why even post this dumb hateful shit? What do you think is going to become of it?

AuH20
07-18-2013, 01:29 PM
That woman didn't even bring a 14 person posse or a tire iron. Disappointed.

Snew
07-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Holy shit, whatever you do don't read the comments.

^this goes for most websites, to be honest.

Ender
07-18-2013, 03:14 PM
What a waste of time and energy - why even post this dumb hateful shit? What do you think is going to become of it?

Why? Antischism said why.

To bring balance to all the black on white hatred threads- it's really gone over the top.

JMHPOV

satchelmcqueen
07-18-2013, 06:16 PM
but didnt you all see how the singer (black singer) was bullying the white woman?? it was the singers fault. the black singer.

LibertyEagle
07-18-2013, 06:45 PM

To bring balance to all the black on white hatred threads- it's really gone over the top.

JMHPOV

I haven't seen "black hatred" threads. Or, do you call threads "black hatred" that are reporting facts about blacks attacking whites after the verdict?

LibertyEagle
07-18-2013, 06:46 PM
What a piece of trash.

Agreed.

BlackTerrel
07-18-2013, 08:19 PM

JMHPOV

Yep.

BlackTerrel
07-18-2013, 08:21 PM
I haven't seen "black hatred" threads. Or, do you call threads "black hatred" that are reporting facts about blacks attacking whites after the verdict?

There really hasn't been much. There have been a few idiots who were looking for an excuse and if it wasn't Trayvon it would have been something else.

This chick is the same. You really think she is normal and some 70 year old musician pushed her over the edge? Of course not. She's fucking crazy and something was always going to set her off.

I haven't seen violence. I have seen a ton of people I know take to social media and a smaller group of people take to the streets to let their opinion know that this verdict was bullshit. It's not the first time or last time the system will get it wrong and we'll all persevere.

oyarde
07-18-2013, 11:42 PM
I already have a not so high opinion of many people because I view them as takers, I am most certainly glad I am not as ignorant to have to worry about what " race" they are , there is one race , the human race , and , I am not impressed.

Mani
07-18-2013, 11:50 PM
It's kind of weird this whole Black on White stuff, when George isn't even White. His mom is Peruvian.

That lady attacked a 73 year old man?

Why does she have so much hate? Is she defending a half Peruvian guy? Is that her thing?

This whole race war is a bit cloudy when a white lady is beating up a black grandpa because of something a Half Latin guy did. WTF.

oyarde
07-19-2013, 12:41 AM
It's kind of weird this whole Black on White stuff, when George isn't even White. His mom is Peruvian.

That lady attacked a 73 year old man?

Why does she have so much hate? Is she defending a half Peruvian guy? Is that her thing?

This whole race war is a bit cloudy when a white lady is beating up a black grandpa because of something a Half Latin guy did. WTF.

Thank you, Mani . this shit is retarded , I was born in America , I have been to Peru , Latin America , Africa, etc I like jazz , and I managed to do all of that and more and still be civilized. There is something fundamentally wrong here and I cannot quite put my finger on it and if I did , I do not think I would be pleased about it .

Neil Desmond
07-19-2013, 01:11 AM
Here's a dedication to Oscar Grant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-pxtV3ERgM

(Oh, before I forget, what I'm wondering is if Lester Chambers ever did a dedication for him too.)