PDA

View Full Version : It finally happened. Officers abused and cavity searched someone I know.

Roxi
07-18-2013, 09:58 AM
This woman is part of my homeschool group in KC. She's a totally normal person, and the way they treated her is disgusting.

Full story here:

http://intellihub.com/2013/07/16/mission-kansas-police-cavity-search-mom-after-toddlers-drop-pebbles-in-mail-slot/

Roxi
07-18-2013, 09:59 AM
...and to add. Mission is a small quiet suburb of KC. Very little crime really makes it that way. Most of the residents are pretty well off.

jbauer
07-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Not sure if we should rep you for sharing or what the proper protocol is. I hope she is doing better and I hope that a mega payday is in her near term future.

QuickZ06
07-18-2013, 10:19 AM
I am going to be sick. This is disgusting to watch and I could not imagine the disgust he felt seeing that happen to his wife and kids.

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Wha?

Whassat?

*belch*

Thank god no officers were hurt.

I can't hear you over all this freedom...

*fart*

All kidding aside, I hope your friend sues the cops blind and that she is OK.

fisharmor
07-18-2013, 10:23 AM
She lived, her husband lived, her pets lived, and her children got firsthand experience that will automatically negate all of the state's efforts to inculcate in them the idea that they're the good guys.
Four more people will never again believe that they're there to protect us.

I'm sorry she had to go through this, but nobody died, and a bunch of people see the truth now and may support meaningful action, like abolishment. I call that a win.

Anti Federalist
In reality, I was arguing with my husband on the cell phone

You will remain docile, quiet and fully compliant at all times, Mundane.

Only the Enforcer Class is permitted to yell, scream and curse...at YOU.

jbauer
fucking pricks

Anti Federalist
She lived, her husband lived, her pets lived, and her children got firsthand experience that will automatically negate all of the state's efforts to inculcate in them the idea that they're the good guys.

I'm sorry she had to go through this, but nobody died, and a bunch of people see the truth now and may support meaningful action, like abolishment. I call that a win.

Agreed.

Let it come...

jbauer
07-18-2013, 10:25 AM
If there is a silver lining its that youtube is allowing the world to see this shit. The more they think they're getting away the more they're going to see they are pushing the entire population to the end of their limits.

I'd gladly donate to a lawsuit donation fund. I hope they win and I hope they win big.

kahless
07-18-2013, 10:26 AM
What kind of savage animals treats a mother in front of their children in this manner.

jbauer
07-18-2013, 10:31 AM
she should be thankful they didn't shoot her. She did have on a hoodie

ClydeCoulter
07-18-2013, 10:32 AM
"At least you're not being arrested for making lampshades out of human skin"

WTF?

kcchiefs6465
07-18-2013, 10:36 AM

WTF?
Can you please find a time on that?

jbauer
07-18-2013, 10:38 AM

wasn't on the tube. I'm quite sure the video is long gone missing by now from inside the cop shop

ClydeCoulter
07-18-2013, 10:43 AM

It's at 13:44 in the video at the link (scroll down). Text of what she was told by the officer (just before 13:44 is her statement, then at 13:44 is what she says she was told).

V4Vendetta
07-18-2013, 10:49 AM
I can't hear you over all this freedom...

That made me laugh for about 2 minutes... seriously

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Sorry to hear that. This is disgusting. Even if the police thought the postal workers were telling the truth, why the cavity search? To find more rocks?

kahless
07-18-2013, 10:51 AM
I do not agree with the treatment and the cavity search is rape, but this is an example of how not to draw the wrong attention to yourself. If you are going to wear a hoodie like a gangster you risk being treated like one in society.

I am not saying it is right, but maybe if she dressed like a lady they would have treated her like one or not. Regardless she did not deserve what happened to her.

kathy88
07-18-2013, 10:56 AM
She home schools. Makes her a terrorist. I'm so sorry for your friend, Rox. Had you ever had the opportunity to talk to her about this stuff before it happened? Just wondering what her take was/is now...

kcchiefs6465
07-18-2013, 10:59 AM
wasn't on the tube. I'm quite sure the video is long gone missing by now from inside the cop shop
The video seemed to have been edited on her behalf, before it circulated. I'd like to find a video of the entirety.

ETA: "behalf" is a strong word.

It was used for lack of a better one.

LibertyEagle
07-18-2013, 11:00 AM

I just watched the entire video. It's at the very end.

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 11:01 AM
I do not agree with the treatment and the cavity search is rape, but this is an example of how not to draw the wrong attention to yourself. If you are going to wear a hoodie like a gangster you risk being treated like one in society.

I am not saying it is right, but maybe if she dressed like a lady they would have treated her like one or not. Regardless she did not deserve what happened to her.

Or maybe everyone should start wearing hoodies like the people in Denmark in WW II who wore yellow stars so the state thugs there couldn't know who was or wasn't a jew? I have a Vanderbilt Law School hoodie. Does that say "gansta"?

amy31416
07-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Or maybe everyone should start wearing hoodies like the people in Denmark in WW II who wore yellow stars so the state thugs there couldn't know who was or wasn't a jew? I have a Vanderbilt Law School hoodie. Does that say "gansta"?

I have a Penn State one.

Oh shit.

presence
07-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Remember that ball gag scene from pulp fiction? I hope these cops get what they have coming.

Nirvikalpa
07-18-2013, 11:09 AM

Are you fucking kidding me...

-rep.

jclay2
07-18-2013, 11:10 AM

Are you freaking kidding me? Yes, you might as well blame the rape victim because they were wearing revealing clothing as well. Geez. -rep

edit: dang Nirvikalpa beat me to it.

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 11:13 AM

Ummm, this story is a few months old.

It was March.

In Kansas.

People wear hooded sweatshirts in the cold.

On the evening of 3-16-2013 around 5 pm

Actual: 44 Hi | 23 Lo F

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KOJC/2013/3/13/MonthlyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

better-dead-than-fed
07-18-2013, 11:16 AM

99% of the thugs in my experience have worn police uniforms, or suits and ties or lady-attire.

amy31416
07-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Are you freaking kidding me? Yes, you might as well blame the rape victim because they were wearing revealing clothing as well. Geez. -rep

edit: dang Nirvikalpa beat me to it.

I don't generally neg rep, but he deserved more than one for that.

Between the cops and the criminals (sorry to be redundant), it might be a good idea to wear tactical clothing to keep these people out. Full length dress, full corset with strings and buttons, overalls under the dress with a lock on the buttonholes, full body leotard--then maybe I'm geared up enough to not be "asking for it?"

cajuncocoa
07-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Sickening.

cajuncocoa
07-18-2013, 11:22 AM

Dress like a lady? WTF? Is this 1935? The only jacket I own is a hoodie and you can bite me if ya don't like it.

-rep

SeanTX
07-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Dress like a lady? WTF? Is this 1935? The only jacket I own is a hoodie and you can bite me if ya don't like it.

-rep

THIS. I don't know what the deal is with "hoodies" , but just because Trayvon was wearing one people have been babbling on and on about them online for the past year , and it has really gotten OLD.

LibertyEagle
07-18-2013, 11:26 AM
I sincerely hope that this family successfully sues the hell out of those thugs, masquerading as police. The female thug should be charged with molestation and more.

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 11:28 AM

Between the cops and the criminals (sorry to be redundant), it might be a good idea to wear tactical clothing to keep these people out. Full length dress, full corset with strings and buttons, overalls under the dress with a lock on the buttonholes, full body leotard--then maybe I'm geared up enough to not be "asking for it?"

Perhaps you should wear this underneath.

http://thomsoneng.com/images/736px-testing_bulletproof_vest_1923.jpg

tod evans
07-18-2013, 11:31 AM
http://joannawillis.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/a-chasisty-belt.jpg

Pericles
07-18-2013, 11:33 AM
A couple of comments:

(1) There should now be at least one more family dedicated to the movement, and I hope the OP may be of assistance in this regard.

(2) People seem to have a total lack of situational awareness about what goes on around them. Endless jabber on cell phones about things that other people should not overhear, playing with various eGadgets that distract you from potential danger in your surroundings. One should be aware that one is always in hostile territory, and one needs to get n ecessary business done, and get out of the public purview.

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 11:33 AM

TSA proof underwear? ;)

amy31416
07-18-2013, 11:36 AM
TSA proof underwear? ;)

That's more like TSA bait. :p

amy31416
07-18-2013, 11:38 AM
A couple of comments:

(1) There should now be at least one more family dedicated to the movement, and I hope the OP may be of assistance in this regard.

(2) People seem to have a total lack of situational awareness about what goes on around them. Endless jabber on cell phones about things that other people should not overhear, playing with various eGadgets that distract you from potential danger in your surroundings. One should be aware that one is always in hostile territory, and one needs to get n ecessary business done, and get out of the public purview.

I agree with you, but that is harder than you may be able to imagine with 2 toddlers along for the ride. It's constant chaos.

Cleaner44
07-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Lawsuit... please tell her to sue for every single dollar she can drain from their budget.

TER
07-18-2013, 11:44 AM
I have a Penn State one.

Oh shit.

Reported.

Roxi
07-18-2013, 11:50 AM

Exactly. No less than 3 people are interested in activism because of this. Possibly more. This has the ladies in our group on fire, and I keep fairly quiet about politics in there because many of them are pretty liberal, but this has opened a lot of eyes and now they're bombarding me with questions. The KC cop block movement has gained some new members from it for sure.

libertyjam
The group that did the song 'My Country My Ass' is starting a new meme targeted at those Po-Po gangsters, called This Is Why We Hate You, pictures with those words accompanied.

This was the first one:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/395728_10153021737135593_1265261092_n.jpg

They started it on their Facebook page, which is here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Country-My-Ass/363871310592

Though I found if you specifically search for them, Farcebook seems to specifically be excluding them from any searches, even if you have the page liked. Hence why i think their followers are so few.
Here is the blurb that went with pic #1 to start it off:
OK, originally My Country My Ass was a project to make government flunkies feel unloved. This is my new brainstorm, with the goal of making cops feel unloved. I would like to see "THIS IS WHY WE HATE YOU" recognizable by society as a stand alone phrase. A bumper sticker, or t shirt that says "THIS IS WHY WE HATE YOU" with no image would be known by all to mean THIS. SO if you want, share it. IMAGE NUMBER ONE

They also have a webpage but all that is on it is the song that they did and a little info on what it is about: http://mycountrymyass.com/

Image #3
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1011528_10153026148465593_1030270777_n.jpg

presence

TSA Chastity Belt protest!

#TSAchastityprotest

Posted Thursday, August 16th 2012 @ 9am

http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/2135/04/2135_1333636787.jpg (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/live-explosives-chainsaw-and-a-chastity-belt-tsa-revelas-some-of-the-items-its-confiscated-this-year/)

(Liz Klimas (http://www.theblaze.com/blog/author/elizabeth.klimas)) To date, 375,432,402 passengers have traveled through Transportation Security Administration checkpoints. Of those shuffling through security, TSA has collected a number of nefarious items (http://blog.tsa.gov/2012/08/tsa-year-to-date-report-look-at-year-so.html) on the bodies of passengers or in their checked baggage and has been detailing them in its blog.
Here are some stats for some of the contraband caught by TSA since January:

Firearms: Of the 821 firearms found by TSA this year, 691 were loaded and 210 were locked and loaded. The most popular location for gun confiscation of the 160 airports where they were identified this year is Atlanta, with 56 found thus far.
Most popular gun: The .380 has been found 197 times.
Most unusual concealment effort: A passenger from Portland tried to hide a pistol in a potted plant. Another passenger disassembled a gun and its ammo and tried to get it past TSA in three stuffed animals.
Live explosives: 40mm high explosive grenade; electrical tape-wrapped bottled with flash power inside and three M-80 fireworks; viable cannonball. TSA also reports finding a slew of “interesting inert items.”
Other strange items: bear mace, walker with mounted knife, chainsaw, grenade launcher and a chastity belt
(to be clear, TSA notes the chastity belt was just detected (http://blog.tsa.gov/2012/06/tsa-week-in-review-inert-detonator.html), not confiscated, as they are not banned).

Read more: http://www.big1059.com/articles/national-news-104668/live-explosives-a-chainsaw-a-grenade-10349706/#ixzz2ZQAJioWi

memes for freedom!

Roxi
07-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Oh and yes she's suing, there's already a pool for legal fund donations going.

She was fingerprinted on the spot and charged with disorderly conduct and obstructing justice. Court date next month, waiting on the date and time.

amy31416
07-18-2013, 11:57 AM
I like this one:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/936440_10152903005290593_1444800179_n.jpg

Off topic, sorta. Sorry Rox.

Pericles
07-18-2013, 11:59 AM
I agree with you, but that is harder than you may be able to imagine with 2 toddlers along for the ride. It's constant chaos.

Tip from a CIA Operations Directorate guy - make counter surveillance into a children's game you kids can play.

Reward who can spot the most people talking on a radio during the day.

Who can spot the same people the most number of times during the day.

Who can be the first to spot a vehicle with official government license plates.

Kids like to play games.

Natural Citizen
07-18-2013, 12:00 PM

She was fingerprinted on the spot and charged with disorderly conduct and obstructing justice. Court date next month, waiting on the date and time.

Constitutional Attorney?

Bern
07-18-2013, 12:04 PM
"There is no ethical code of conduct on Federal Property."

WTF?

amy31416
07-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Tip from a CIA Operations Directorate guy - make counter surveillance into a children's game you kids can play.

Reward who can spot the most people talking on a radio during the day.

Who can spot the same people the most number of times during the day.

Who can be the first to spot a vehicle with official government license plates.

Kids like to play games.

That's work great when they're older--seriously a good idea. Not trying to be snarky, but there's only so much you can push when they're that young.

I'd actually like to encourage even more "games" like that, like spotting cop cars, etc.

Pericles
07-18-2013, 12:07 PM
That's work great when they're older--seriously a good idea. Not trying to be snarky, but there's only so much you can push when they're that young.

I'd actually like to encourage even more "games" like that, like spotting cop cars, etc.

Pregnant women, and women with small children are the most vulnerable targets there are.

enhanced_deficit
07-18-2013, 12:09 PM
That is so disgusting.

amy31416
07-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Pregnant women, and women with small children are the most vulnerable targets there are.

Truer words were never spoken. We really can't pay attention to anything but the children, leaving us oblivious to almost anything else. Children seem to be constantly drawn toward whatever will injure them the fastest.

KCIndy
07-18-2013, 12:17 PM

As soon as you get a link, please post it! I'm in.

One thing to keep in mind is that court rulings are mostly based on precedent. If we can hammer a few of these bullies with badges hard - real hard - and start making mayors and city managers start worrying about losing their discretionary funds to lawsuits, we might - just maybe, possibly - see some policy changes.

angelatc
07-18-2013, 12:19 PM
I have a Penn State one.

Oh shit.
Mine says "Boca." That sounds like gangsta a little, right?

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Every cavity search or has their rights viciously violated (and survives) is another person that joins our cause.

TER
07-18-2013, 12:20 PM
As soon as you get a link, please post it! I'm in.

One thing to keep in mind is that court rulings are mostly based on precedent. If we can hammer a few of these bullies with badges hard - real hard - and start making mayors and city managers start worrying about losing their discretionary funds to lawsuits, we might - just maybe, possibly - see some policy changes.

This is what it means to be as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves.

kahless
07-18-2013, 12:22 PM
What kind of savage animals treats a mother in front of their children in this manner.

LOL. The most neg rep I received in one post than all of the 6 years posting combined because of the lack of reading comprehension or lack critical thinking on the part of the negative reppers. I think it is pretty clear from the above post I do not agree with what happened to her.

Taking my words out of context, what is this MSNBC. Good luck living your life spouting your MSNBC talking points you clowns but it does not change the reality of the world we live in. People stereotype and people profile.

If Trayvon did not look like he was going to rob a liquor store with the hoodie do you really think Zimmerman would have followed him? Don't fault me for the nature of people.

Same as this woman. Not saying she did anything wrong but to keep your children safe from the police thugs, dressing up like a gangster may attract people that are going to treat you like one.

cajuncocoa
07-18-2013, 12:25 PM
LOL. The most neg rep I received in one post than all of the 6 years posting combined because of the lack of reading comprehension or lack critical thinking on the part of the negative reppers. I think it is pretty clear from the above post I do not agree with what happened to her.

Taking my words out of context, what is this MSNBC. Good luck living your life spouting your MSNBC talking points you clowns but it does not change the reality of the world we live in. People stereotype and people profile.

If Trayvon did not look like he was going to rob a liquor store with the hoodie do you really think Zimmerman would have followed him? Don't fault me for the nature of people.

Same as this woman. Not saying she did anything wrong but to keep your children safe from the police thugs, dressing up like a gangster may attract people that are going to treat you like one.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 12:28 PM

While I didn't neg rep you, those who did do not have reading comprehension problems. Yes you said she didn't deserve what happened to her. Well and good. But most people don't automatically associate wearing a hoodie with "dressing like a gansta".

http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_881000/ff_881017_xl.jpg

kahless
07-18-2013, 12:29 PM
-

Your are completely delusional if you do not think the world works that way. It is a fact of life.

amy31416
07-18-2013, 12:30 PM

Sure. You're in the club....I mean "gang." :)

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Your are completely delusional if you do not think the world works that way. It is a fact of life.

A couple of really stupid cops != the world. She could have been wearing a blouse and skirt and been treated the same way. Here are two women who weren't wearing hoodies that got cavity searched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anD7KYQMT4U

kahless
07-18-2013, 12:35 PM
While I didn't neg rep you, those who did do not have reading comprehension problems. Yes you said she didn't deserve what happened to her. Well and good. But most people don't automatically associate wearing a hoodie with "dressing like a gansta".

http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_881000/ff_881017_xl.jpg

You are being disingenuous in posting those pics since they are actually pretty nice and would not attract attention. I am talking about the cheap stereotypical hoodie, the gangster wannabe or I am drugs hoodie.

cajuncocoa
07-18-2013, 12:37 PM

Not delusional at all. I fully realize that there are people who make negative judgments about others based on things that don't matter at all. After the Columbine massacre, the school system in my community banned trench coats. That really made a difference, too....no one got killed! :rolleyes:

kahless
07-18-2013, 12:37 PM
A couple of really stupid cops != the world. She could have been wearing a blouse and skirt and been treated the same way. Here are two women who weren't wearing hoodies that got cavity searched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anD7KYQMT4U

Obviously it does not always apply. People just love to make more out of what I posted than is what was actually there. This is like the mainstream media ceasing on any keyword to try to make you out to be something you are not. You guys learned from the best.

cajuncocoa
07-18-2013, 12:40 PM
You are being disingenuous in posting those pics since they are actually pretty nice and would not attract attention. I am talking about the cheap stereotypical hoodie, the gangster wannabe or I am drugs hoodie.

http://zoom.jcpenney.com/is/image/DP0308201317031141M.tif?op_usm=.4,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp2&rgn=0,0,2000,2000&scl=5.2631578947368425&id=115BUsqP5juTg-1cDnj2fr

kahless
07-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Two more neg rep cowards.

To belian78 - No, I will not leave. Maybe you should go back to moveon.org, dailykos or whatever Progressive site you crawled out from under.

jclay2 - No I do not believe she was "asking for it". That is not what I posted.

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 12:46 PM

Well the one I have is old and faded. I suppose some "gansta" could buy one like it from Goodwill. I need to go and buy an new one to make sure I don't attract unwanted police attention? :rolleyes: Besides, I thought ganstas liked to bling.

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 12:47 PM
http://zoom.jcpenney.com/is/image/DP0308201317031141M.tif?op_usm=.4,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp2&rgn=0,0,2000,2000&scl=5.2631578947368425&id=115BUsqP5juTg-1cDnj2fr

Hoodie without an ivy league logo on it! Quick, stop and frisk her!

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Obviously it does not always apply. People just love to make more out of what I posted than is what was actually there. This is like the mainstream media ceasing on any keyword to try to make you out to be something you are not. You guys learned from the best.

:rolleyes: Okay. You can continue to blame your own foot-in-mouth episode on everyone else. Or you could move on.

mad cow
07-18-2013, 12:53 PM

I don't think any of your posts here deserved a neg-rep however,it is you that is doing the stereotyping.

I assume you work in an office.I have never owned a suit or tie or sports coat in my life.On the other hand,hooded sweatshirts are common as dirt among people who work outside for a living and people who are not that wealthy but want to stay warm for that matter.

kahless
07-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Not delusional at all. I fully realize that there are people who make negative judgments about others based on things that don't matter at all. After the Columbine massacre, the school system in my community banned trench coats. That really made a difference, too....no one got killed! :rolleyes:

Never said any type of clothing should be banned. You are kind of like the people that play with wild animals that are shocked one day when they get mauled by one.

Another obvious comparison is you do not walk into a really bad area at night decked out in diamonds and gold. Cops are no different, behave and dress like a criminal around them and they may attack you.

cajuncocoa
07-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Never said any type of clothing should be banned. You are kind of like the people that play with wild animals that are shocked one day when they get mauled by one.

Another obvious comparison is you do not walk into a really bad area at night decked out in diamonds and gold. Cops are no different, behave and dress like a criminal around them and they may attack you.Right....and don't wear a mini-skirt unless you're asking to get raped. Got it.

kahless
07-18-2013, 12:55 PM
:rolleyes: Okay. You can continue to blame your own foot-in-mouth episode on everyone else. Or you could move on.

I stand by everything I said. Ask any liquor store or 711 owner when they get their back up.

LibertyEagle
07-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Come on, guys. Let's please not do the gang up thing again. :(

EDIT: Ok, like nevermind. Kahless, you are bringing this on yourself. Seriously. Think about what you are saying for a minute. That woman wasn't dressed poorly for running a damn errand at the post office. And even if she had, how on earth do you believe that gave the cops the justification for trampling her constitutional rights? You claim that you weren't saying that, but you were the one who mentioned her dress, so you must believe it.

kahless
07-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Right....and don't wear a mini-skirt unless you're asking to get raped. Got it.

Stand out like a sore thumb in a bad neighborhood and you risk your safety. That is not asking for it. That is a fact.

pcosmar
07-18-2013, 12:59 PM

:confused:
WTF ?

It is my opinion that you deserve the neg reps for that "she had it coming for the way she was dressed" post...(I won't bother though, the point has been made)

I don't understand why you spent the time to type and post that shit. :(

I saw this story in another thread.. I didn't know she was personally known by a forum member. (till now)

cajuncocoa
07-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Come on, guys. Let's please not do the gang up thing again. :(

EDIT: Ok, like nevermind. Kahless, you are bringing this on yourself. Seriously.

Yes, he is. It disgusts me to think Roxi will come back to this thread and see that someone actually posted that her friend brought this on herself by wearing a hoodie...FFS.

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 01:00 PM
I stand by everything I said. Ask any liquor store or 711 owner when they get their back up.

So if I have on a Vandy hoodie pulled up around my face (making it hard for a security camera to get a clear view) that's not as scary as me wearing a plain hoodie with the hood down? I doubt that. Could be true, but I doubt it. And context is everything. This wasn't a 7/11. There was no accusation of a robbery going on. When the police assaulted her she was in her truck getting ready to leave. Sorry, but the police had no more reason to suspect her of being a gansta than the police in Texas did who cavity searched the women in the video I posted.

cajuncocoa
07-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Stand out like a sore thumb in a bad neighborhood and you risk your safety. That is not asking for it. That is a fact.

The woman in the OP story was in the parking lot of a POST OFFICE. Who said anything about a bad neighborhood? It would be smart to avoid a "bad" neighborhood no matter what one is wearing.

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Truer words were never spoken. We really can't pay attention to anything but the children, leaving us oblivious to almost anything else. Children seem to be constantly drawn toward whatever will injure them the fastest.

Which is where men are supposed to step up.

But we've turned everything so upside down and inside out, nobody does anything anymore.

Other than to placidly observe, and secretly give thanks that it wasn't their turn this time.

pcosmar
07-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Found it.. (was posted in Off Topic)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?421427-thugs-in-blue-assault-woman-in-front-of-her-kids-%28vid-included%29

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 01:12 PM

Sometimes it is better to walk away and live to fight another day.

Own it.

You put your foot in your mouth and took a bite.

It happens to all of us.

Regardless of qualifiers, this women was not applying for a job, or cruising the 'hood at oh-dark-thirty.

She was a mom with her kids, at the post office, on a cold March evening, where you would likely to be wearing a hoodie, who got raped by cops.

kahless
07-18-2013, 01:18 PM
I don't think any of your posts here deserved a neg-rep however,it is you that is doing the stereotyping.

I am not doing the stereotyping. I am saying PEOPLE including COPS will profile and stereotype you.

Right....and don't wear a mini-skirt unless you're asking to get raped. Got it.

I never said that. You are making shit up. A common MSM tactic, you learned from them quite well.

That woman wasn't dressed poorly for running a damn errand at the post office. And even if she had, how on earth do you believe that gave the cops the justification for trampling her constitutional rights? You claim that you weren't saying that, but you were the one who mentioned her dress, so you must believe it.

Holy cow. Where did I say any of that, I never said that. You are completely making that up or getting that from some elses lie of a reply.

It is possible the manner and type of hoodie she was wearing may have caused her to be PROFILED.

:confused:
WTF ?

It is my opinion that you deserve the neg reps for that "she had it coming for the way she was dressed" post...(I won't bother though, the point has been made)

I never said she deserved it. Some forum members keep posting that and people are echoing it like I did say that.

The woman in the OP story was in the parking lot of a POST OFFICE. Who said anything about a bad neighborhood? It would be smart to avoid a "bad" neighborhood no matter what one is wearing.

If you do not want to be profiled by thug cops do not wear the gangsta hoodie.

So if I have on a Vandy hoodie pulled up around my face (making it hard for a security camera to get a clear view) that's not as scary as me wearing a plain hoodie with the hood down? I doubt that. Could be true, but I doubt it. And context is everything. This wasn't a 7/11. There was no accusation of a robbery going on. When the police assaulted her she was in her truck getting ready to leave. Sorry, but the police had no more reason to suspect her of being a gansta than the police in Texas did who cavity searched the women in the video I posted.

I agree with you jmdrake. People will however judge you and treat you based on your appearance. I do not believe that is justification to do so.

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Another obvious comparison is you do not walk into a really bad area at night decked out in diamonds and gold. Cops are no different, behave and dress like a criminal around them and they may attack you.

They may attack you, regardless of what you are wearing, driving, doing or saying.

More and more, it seems to make no difference, these motherfuckers are running amok, and will beat down anybody that looks sideways at them.

pcosmar
07-18-2013, 01:24 PM

or base ball caps.
Ganstas wear hats..

Or a Bandana,, or a T-shirt.
lots of thugs wear T-shirts.

Remember to never be seen in anything but your state approved uniform.
personal style or comfort is suspicious.

WTF is a Gansta Hoodie? and how can I tell it from all my other hoodies..

klamath
07-18-2013, 01:24 PM

Between the cops and the criminals (sorry to be redundant), it might be a good idea to wear tactical clothing to keep these people out. Full length dress, full corset with strings and buttons, overalls under the dress with a lock on the buttonholes, full body leotard--then maybe I'm geared up enough to not be "asking for it?" And a locked chastity belt too keep from getting cop raped.

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 01:25 PM
It is possible the manner and type of hoodie she was wearing may have caused her to be PROFILED.

Negative.

She got "profiled", or more correctly, got targeted to get fucked up, because she did not immediately, cheerfully and humbly comply with the cops orders to produce her papers.

She rightly questioned why she needed to produce papers in a "free country".

That is not permitted, and it vexed the people that are placed among us to fuck us up.

And so, they fucked her up.

cajuncocoa
07-18-2013, 01:29 PM

Here ya go...you're almost at the bottom.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rtVVYoqw754/TcmjaICvt7I/AAAAAAAABAY/2NHiqF1iHP0/s1600/shovel.jpg

kahless
07-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Sometimes it is better to walk away and live to fight another day.

Own it.

You put your foot in your mouth and took a bite.

It happens to all of us.

Regardless of qualifiers, this women was not applying for a job, or cruising the 'hood at oh-dark-thirty.

She was a mom with her kids, at the post office, on a cold March evening, where you would likely to be wearing a hoodie, who got raped by cops.

They may attack you, regardless of what you are wearing, driving, doing or saying.

More and more, it seems to make no difference, these motherfuckers are running amok, and will beat down anybody that looks sideways at them.

Negative.

She got "profiled", or more correctly, got targeted to get fucked up, because she did not immediately, cheerfully and humbly comply with the cops orders to produce her papers.

She rightly questioned why she needed to produce papers in a "free country".

That is not permitted, and it vexed the people that are placed among us to fuck us up.

And so, they fucked her up.

I agree with all this. I am just saying anything that you can do to avoid thugs including thugs that are cops are in your own best interest.

I just watched the video when I posted that and got the impression they are not treating her like a Mom, they are treating her like a thug based on profiling.

Like I said and you are saying with those two cops it may not have made any difference and they may have taken her down in that manner anyway.

mad cow
07-18-2013, 01:34 PM
kahless:

Do you or don't you think hoodies are gangsta?You,not people,have called hoodies 'gangsta attire' many times in this thread.

AF posted the weather that day,the high temp was 44 degrees.Any day that the high is 44,I'm wearing a hoodie.

kahless
07-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Here ya go...you're almost at the bottom.

LOL. I stand by it. You continue to deny that cops and people profile?

btw - I am finished with this thread. I will leave you with my first two comments with the offending part removed.

I do not agree with the treatment and the cavity search is rape,..

... she did not deserve what happened to her.

pcosmar
07-18-2013, 01:44 PM
The problem is not with the Hoodie.. or long hair.. or a leather jacket.. A greaser hair-do..cigarette pack in a shirt sleeve..Tye-Dyed T-shirt Etc,etc.

The problem is with Police.

and beyond that,, with rampant FEAR that makes any and everybody suspicious of everything.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/May/03/bomb-squad-finds-harmless-junk-outside-dental-offi/
http://ourtaxdollarsatwork.wordpress.com/2010/08/18/boston-massachusetts-police-and-bomb-squad-waste-time-and-money-after-finding-parked-junk-car/
http://www.nbc12.com/story/20316690/richmond-police-investigate-suspicious-package-on-southside

there are more,,,daily :(

jtap
07-18-2013, 01:46 PM
O.G. (pre-Trayvon)

http://doctorious.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/20120416-bill-belichick.jpg

Henry Rogue
07-18-2013, 01:48 PM
I sincerely hope that this family successfully sues the hell out of those thugs, masquerading as police. The female thug should be charged with molestation and more. There is no masquerade, this is what they do, this is what they are.

cajuncocoa
07-18-2013, 01:50 PM
LOL. I stand by it. You continue to deny that cops and people profile?Are you asking me, or are you telling me that I "continue to deny"?

I'm not denying anything. People, including cops, profile all the time. And when we stereotype people, we find that we're frequently wrong; people are individuals and don't always fit the profile we've created for them.

But you're equivocating from your original statement where you said she should have "dressed like a lady."

http://www.lilyandthelady.com/newsletter/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/50s-dressing-fashion-look.jpg

That amounts to blaming the victim. I thought we would have evolved from that way of thinking.

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 01:54 PM

Ain't that the truth? I've been profiled for certain at least 3 times in my life. None of the times was I wearing a hoodie. All of the time I was wearing my brown skin. The last time I am certain it was because I looked at the cops too long. The area where I was living wasn't so much a neighborhood as it was a semi-rural road. Some homes were really nice. Some were middle class. Some were trailers. A black couple had recently built a very nice house (about $800K in value from the looks of it...which is a lot for middle Tennessee) and the police later took the husband down in a major police raid. (It turns out that it was a big mistake. Or at least the father never went to prison). I was driving by on my way to a law school exam (wasn't wearing my Vandy hoodie as it was way to hot), and passed an unmarked car sitting one driveway down from the house that got busted. I looked a little too long as I drove by and was pulled over. Two or three other similar cop cars pulled up as well. They gave me some cockamamie story about how my vehicle matched the description of someone that had been burglarizing the area. (There had been no recent reports of burglaries.) I told the cops I was late for a law school exam. That didn't do any good. (I wish I had gone to work for the DAs office just so I could screw with these jokers later). Anyhow it all ended fine for me. (They didn't find my pocket constitution. :D) But yeah. Stare too long and they'll come after you...hoodie or no hoodie.

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 01:59 PM
//

heavenlyboy34
07-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Which is where men are supposed to step up.

But we've turned everything so upside down and inside out, nobody does anything anymore.

Other than to placidly observe, and secretly give thanks that it wasn't their turn this time.

The problem is not with the Hoodie.. or long hair.. or a leather jacket.. A greaser hair-do..cigarette pack in a shirt sleeve..Tye-Dyed T-shirt Etc,etc.

The problem is with Police.

and beyond that,, with rampant FEAR that makes any and everybody suspicious of everything.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/May/03/bomb-squad-finds-harmless-junk-outside-dental-offi/
http://ourtaxdollarsatwork.wordpress.com/2010/08/18/boston-massachusetts-police-and-bomb-squad-waste-time-and-money-after-finding-parked-junk-car/
http://www.nbc12.com/story/20316690/richmond-police-investigate-suspicious-package-on-southside

there are more,,,daily :(
Well, at least it's free country, eh? :(

kahless
07-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Are you asking me, or are you telling me that I "continue to deny"?

I'm not denying anything. People, including cops, profile all the time. And when we stereotype people, we find that we're frequently wrong; people are individuals and don't always fit the profile we've created for them.

But you're equivocating from your original statement where you said she should have "dressed like a lady."

http://www.lilyandthelady.com/newsletter/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/50s-dressing-fashion-look.jpg

That amounts to blaming the victim. I thought we would have evolved from that way of thinking.

No because I said I am not saying it is right and , but maybe if she dressed like a lady they would have treated her like one or not.

Like I said I am by no means blaming her. It probably would not have made a difference in this case however believe it is in your best interest not to place yourself in a situation where you will be profiled. Fact of life, otherwise face the consequences of societal behavior.

I gotta go.

cajuncocoa
07-18-2013, 02:04 PM
I gotta go.

:)

pcosmar
07-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Gangsta Thug Style.

http://www.classicscarinsurance.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/5363393798_47319b5b35.jpg

http://www.algemeiner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Meyer-Lansky-300x217.jpg

http://www.hvmag.com/Hudson-Valley-Magazine/August-2011/Legs-Diamond-A-History-of-Kingston-NYs-Most-Notorious-Gangster/new-Legs_Diamond2.jpg

odd,, no hoodies in any I can find.. and a well dressed bunch.

Hip Hop artists (entertainers)
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVAxCwL2h9ny6dQ4YaHg0c8zV_9gAg1-mMUqvCDRZ4sFZpKDqsjg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFEvHSPUxFWaElYrUT9J-T-z19URvZGnbIXWulSfWHFv7OcfrvEg

http://www.calgaryherald.com/cms/binary/7854226.jpg

Methinks some folks are confused.

Deborah K
07-18-2013, 02:10 PM
A couple of comments:

I can't bring myself to watch the video. I've become increasingly emotionally vulnerable to injustice. But I will state that our family has become very conscious of trying to avoid dealings with police, and other gov't 'officials' when at all possible.

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 02:13 PM
I can't bring myself to watch the video. I've become increasingly emotionally vulnerable to injustice. But I will state that our family has become very conscious of trying to avoid dealings with police, and other gov't 'officials' when at all possible.

Although he stated it...inelegantly, let's say, this is the point kahless was trying to make.

Do your best to avoid "Imperial Entanglements".

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 02:17 PM
Although I may not agree with the disputed statement, I can not say that I am not guilty of doing the same damn thing. Really, I try to expect more from myself by not judging people based on their attire.

I see people (regardles of skin color) dressed like thugs and behaving like thugs, I get nervous. I apologize, but I just cant help myself.

At the same time, I see a Swat Team in full on fucking RIOT GEAR, I get equally nervous.

I see door to door Bible Salesmen coming toward my house, I get offended, regardless if I answer the door or not.

I see a good looking female in a skimpy but not slutty outfit, I pop wood. The wood I pop could vary from Balsa Wood, to Mahogony or Oak, depending greatly on how hot I think this female is. At which point, I may even talk to them.

I see suits and ties, I see Corporate Stuffiness, and avoid the situation at all costs.

I see Vans with "Free Candy" painted on the side, I think Child Molestor.

I see wife beater stained white t-shirts and double beercan helmets, I think Nascar Redneck.

I have to admit that I judge people greatly based on their attire. It isnt the type of person I want to be. So call this a bit of self-analysis. But when I see these people dressed how ever they are dressed, that initial judgement causes me to have associated expectations. And many a time, I find that I am pleasantly suprised to talk to these people and find that my judgement is completely wrong. Such as having a discussion with someone I judge to be a Redneck and somehow end up talking about Heisenbergs Quantum Probability Theory. Or pretty much anyone that wears a suit and hear them cast a Libertarian / Constitutionalist point of view. I am suprised in these situations because who they are and what they say defy my expectations.

---

Same thing applies to behavior. So the same can be said about the types of actions that a person is currently performing when they arent just standing around.

I see someone in any type of attire performing CPR and life saving procedures, I think Paramedic, regardless of attire.

I see someone stumble, hold themselves up against a wall, and piss in a corner, I think Drunk.

I see someone with the body language of a Thug, I think thug.

I see someone looking at the floor, shoulders slumped, walking slowly, I think depressed.

Body Language is probably more powerful in my mind of a method of judgement. I cant say that applying Judgement again is right on my part. But again, self-observation, I've found that the Body Language to be far more accurate. But we have so much commonality in our Body Language that initial conclusions are sometimes based on other observable traits. When we just stand around or are walking, it is so common that one just cant pick up on any red flag behavior models immediately.

----

Skin color has nothing to do with it.

I see an Arabic looking person in a Doctors attire, I think Doctor.

I see a White Teenager with Thug Body Language and Thug Clothing, I think THUG.

I see a Black Teen in a Suit and Tie, I usually figure Academic.

The judgements that I have to admit and am completely guilty of are based much more on both Clothing and the way a person carries themselves. So if I see anyone in a Hoodie constantly looking over his shoulder in a convenience store, Im thinking Robbery by a Thug. I know fully well that judging someone based solely on their appearance is not right. What I do try to do is to not act on my established opinions based only on appearance. I still do, but I try not to. Just because a person wears a Cop Costume does not mean that I immediately fully trust them. And just because a person wears Thuggery clothing, does not mean that I fully do not trust them. But when I observe Clothing that is backed up by Body Language, that, I usually do alter my behavior in that situation accordingly, but I dont try to harm others based on what I do not know about them.

I know I might even get some -Reps for this, but I think my own admission of things that I do that I dont like about myself (so I'll agree and take those -Reps), but what can be said for everyone else that does the same as I but refuses to admit it, even to themselves? Cops do it. Judges in Courtrooms do it. Most people do it. Doesnt mean that it is the right thing to do, but it is at times very difficult to fight your own human nature.

Barrex
07-18-2013, 02:20 PM

So.... just rhetorically and theoretically.... and you know.... how much would it cost to find a woman that would be willing to go with that through TSA checkpoint?Some comedian, activist????....

Just putting it out there...

mtr1979
07-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Couldn't watch the whole video. At 5:28 in the video I became livid. Here is the exchange: Woman, "really you're shuffling through my purse." Female officer, "yes I am." Woman, "you have no right to shuffle through my things right now." Female officer, "really where did you get your law degree?"

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Couldn't watch the whole video. At 5:28 in the video I became livid. Here is the exchange: Woman, "really you're shuffling through my purse." Female officer, "yes I am." Woman, "you have no right to shuffle through my things right now." Female officer, "really where did you get your law degree?"

The cop is "right".

SCROTUS gave them the right to do a "safety search".

mtr1979
07-18-2013, 02:34 PM
The cop is "right".

I just had an issue with the female officer's attitude.

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 02:35 PM
At the same time, I see a Swat Team in full on fucking RIOT GEAR, I get equally nervous.

As well you should be.

So do I.

And the fact is that some wanna be thugs and "gangstas" in the hood could make my life difficult, I'm usually well armed enough to take care of anything that might come up.

But there is nothing I can do to protect myself if Officer Friendly with 20 of his asshole pals decide to grenade my house and storm my front door with automatic weapons at 4 in the morning.

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 02:36 PM
The cop is "right".

No.

They simply implied and expressed that they would not hold anyone accountable if the cops violated their actual Rights. Govt does NOT GRANT RIGHTS. Govt holds itself to have the RIGHT (like it has the power to do so) to not Self Incriminate. All the while, any evidence used to convict an Innocent that was obtained in an Unconstitutional Manner is fully allowed because the Innocents Rights are ignored, there by further protecting the Govt from any form of Accountability.

(I get what you were pointing out though...)

---

As well you should be.

So do I.

And the fact is that some wanna be thugs and "gangstas" in the hood could make my life difficult, I'm usually well armed enough to take care of anything that might come up.

But there is nothing I can do to protect myself if Officer Friendly with 20 of his asshole pals decide to grenade my house and storm my front door with automatic weapons at 4 in the morning.

Last part is not entirely true.

What you can do is agree with others that the thing that is giving the Cops the Power to perform these heinous actions needs to be taken away, and that is the Protection Of The Law in the "Just-Us" system. Make them accountable for their actions, and make those that gave the order accountable for their actions, and make those that said it was Legal accountable for their actions.

Easier said than done, however.

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 02:36 PM
I just had an issue with the female officer's attitude.

Reported.

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 02:37 PM
No.

They simply implied and expressed that they would not hold anyone accountable if the cops violated their actual Rights. Govt does NOT GRANT RIGHTS. Govt holds itself to have the RIGHT (like it has the power to do so) to not Self Incriminate. All the while, any evidence used to convict an Innocent that was obtained in an Unconstitutional Manner is fully allowed because the Innocents Rights are ignored, there by further protecting the Govt from any form of Accountability.

(I get what you were pointing out though...)

True true...just didn't feel like typing that all out.

Government gives "rights" to it's own people.

Occam's Banana
07-18-2013, 02:41 PM

Just to be safe, I guess I should burn all my Ron Paul shirts so I don't give any state-empowered goons an excuse to think I'm a domestic terrorist.

They treated her like they did because they're power-drunk assholes. The "hoodie" didn't have a goddam thing to do with it.

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Last part is not entirely true.

What you can do is agree with others that the thing that is giving the Cops the Power to perform these heinous actions needs to be taken away, and that is the Protection Of The Law in the "Just-Us" system. Make them accountable for their actions, and make those that gave the order accountable for their actions, and make those that said it was Legal accountable for their actions.

Easier said than done, however.

Trying, man, trying.

Yeah, when I say nothing, I mean nothing that, once having reached that point, that I could do on my own.

There is political action that you mentioned, and certain collective self defense measures that could be undertaken but are not to be discussed on public board.

pcosmar
07-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Doesn't need to be in Riot gear. I see cops I get a bit concerned. Just sitting there, or traveling on the road. If it is going the opposite direction,, I watch to make sure it does not turn around.

I am quite comfortable in dives, Roadhouses.. and working man bars.. I seek out such. The people there are as ugly as me.

I can wear a suit, and do occasionally. But it is a costume,, just like Halloween.

I am equally comfortable in a hobo camp,, or jumping into a strangers car while hitchhiking across the country.
You meet interesting folks like that.

pcosmar
07-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Just to be safe, I guess I should burn all my Ron Paul shirts so I don't give any state-empowered goons an excuse to think I'm a domestic terrorist.

Don't do it.

http://ronpaulswag.com/media/catalog/product/10/image/500x500/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/o/ron-template.gif

jct74
07-18-2013, 02:58 PM
//

jct74
07-18-2013, 02:58 PM
here's the full dashcam video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=C5z_kS0QNSA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=C5z_kS0QNSA

and a link if you would like to help with legal fees (it's her personal website linked to in the OP article)

http://catrinaengle.yolasite.com/

mad cow
07-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Don't do it.

http://ronpaulswag.com/media/catalog/product/10/image/500x500/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/o/ron-template.gif

Gangsta!

kahless
07-18-2013, 03:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JigJRwFTLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NvM9DEjLcA

I stand by my comments. The cavity search is rape and she did not deserve that treatment no matter how she was dressed.

It would have been wise to remove the hoodie before dealing with the police. The hoodie is like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

pcosmar
07-18-2013, 03:55 PM
[video

[video=

She did not get a chance to deal with the Police. She was assaulted immediately and body slammed for no reason at all.

http://www.google.com/search?q=1800s+Sault+ste.marie&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=IWHoUfjmHor5qwHe84GIDQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1449&bih=703#safe=off&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=Stocking+mask+robber&oq=Stocking+mask+robber&gs_l=img.3...269002.285930.0.286382.43.27.0.2.2.5. 169.2692.4j21.25.0....0...1c.1.21.img.SevKwQqal44&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=b86b035a31decc34&biw=1449&bih=703&imgdii=_

I used a ski mask,,but to each their own.

cajuncocoa
07-18-2013, 04:28 PM
I stand by my comments. The cavity search is rape and she did not deserve that treatment no matter how she was dressed.

It would have been wise to remove the hoodie before dealing with the police. The hoodie is like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

*sigh* Well, let us all know when you get the memo about government approved attire so we can avoid being molested by the police...OK? :rolleyes:

amy31416
07-18-2013, 04:33 PM

What kind of clothes do you wear when you're taking care of kids and running errands?

I wear yoga pants and a t-shirt, and if it's chilly--a hoodie.

kahless
07-18-2013, 04:51 PM
I see the theme of blaming me for pointing out the bad bad behavior of others continues.

*sigh* Well, let us all know when you get the memo about government approved attire so we can avoid being molested by the police...OK? :rolleyes:

What kind of clothes do you wear when you're taking care of kids and running errands?

Not sure if she did, but I do not drive around with a hoodie on and before the police come up to my car I take it off and I especially take it off when dealing with them. You do not want to antagonize an already agitated animal.

QuickZ06
07-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Guys/gals I am going nude tomorrow, but I got a bad feeling it might backfire on me. On the other hand I do not want to wear anything that might draw attention to myself...........kahless thanks for the help.

amy31416
07-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Not sure if she did, but I do not drive around with a hoodie on and before the police come up to my car I take it off and I especially take it off when dealing with them. You do not want to antagonize an already agitated animal.

So I can show off my tits? Could work, I suppose. Probably wouldn't have worked with the female cop who came up behind this woman, then threw her down before she had a chance to do much of anything.

Listen man, you're being ridiculous. That woman looked absolutely nothing like a thug. A woman with two kids, loading up the minivan, wearing what looked more like workout clothes. Maybe you look like a thug in a hoodie, but most of us don't for crap's sake.

heavenlyboy34

You turns some heads while you're out, I betcha. ;) :D

amy31416
Guys/gals I am going nude tomorrow, but I got a bad feeling it might backfire on me. On the other hand I do not want to wear anything that might draw attention to myself...........kahless thanks for the help.

As I've said before....pics or GTFO.

amy31416
07-18-2013, 05:04 PM
You turns some heads while you're out, I betcha. ;) :D

Yeah. The stains on my shirt from the girl's snack is hawt.

kahless
07-18-2013, 05:04 PM
The hypocrisy in this thread is astounding. On one hand people rightfully bash the police for how they treated her but at the same time defend a position that they do not act upon profiling.

I wish I lived in world of Disney reality where no one acts upon profiling or judges one another.

amy31416
07-18-2013, 05:09 PM
The hypocrisy in this thread is astounding. One one hand people rightfully bash the police for how they treated her but at the same time defend a position that they do not act upon profiling.

I wish I lived in world of Disney reality where no one acts upon profiling or judges one another.

SHE DID NOT LOOK OR ACT AT ALL LIKE A THUG, she wasn't skulking about in the dark, she was getting into a minivan with her kids. Jesus H. Christ, you're coming across as a giant dumbass just because you're still trying to defend one stupid comment you made.

Oh--I'm doing the grocery shopping and stopping at UPS tomorrow, can you help me out with a wardrobe consult?

mad cow
07-18-2013, 05:10 PM
People in this thread are merely pointing out that wearing a hoody isn't Gangsta.

Nirvikalpa
07-18-2013, 05:14 PM
I see the theme of blaming me for pointing out the bad bad behavior of others continues.

Because fast movement and looking like you're reaching for something is a great thing to do when an officer is approaching.

Occam's Banana
07-18-2013, 05:14 PM
The hypocrisy in this thread is astounding.

The obtuseness in your posts is astounding.

On one hand people rightfully bash the police for how they treated her but at the same time defend a position that they do not act upon profiling.

The police DID NOT do what they did on the basis of "hoodie profiling."

They did what they did because she was an uppity mundane who had the temerity to give them "sauce" ...

QuickZ06
07-18-2013, 05:21 PM
As I've said before....pics or GTFO.

Sorry Roxi has all my nudes :(

kahless
07-18-2013, 05:23 PM
SHE DID NOT LOOK OR ACT AT ALL LIKE A THUG, she wasn't skulking about in the dark, she was getting into a minivan with her kids. Jesus H. Christ, you're coming across as a giant dumbass just because you're still trying to defend one stupid comment you made.

Oh--I'm doing the grocery shopping and stopping at UPS tomorrow, can you help me out with a wardrobe consult?

I never said she did and was describing the poor behavior of the police officer. One can never know what agitates a wild animal. Like I said a few posts before, wearing a hoodie is like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

Starting from that first post I must have a dozen posts saying she did not do anything wrong.

Post #1

#Post #2

I do not agree with the treatment and the cavity search is rape.....

Regardless she did not deserve what happened to her.

amy31416
07-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Sorry Roxi has all my nudes :(

She'll probably share. :p

thehungarian
07-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Well, my day is ruined.

kahless
07-18-2013, 05:38 PM
People in this thread are merely pointing out that wearing a hoody isn't Gangsta.

I started mid-video after she was sitting down and thought I clicked on the wrong tube. First impression was that it was a drug bust.

The video quality is poor, it could very well be close up it is a nice felt hoodie like the young girls wear and does not appear that way at all in person.

Like I said from my first post , regardless it was no justification to treat her that way. Probably said that bold part 20 times now.

Stole this from hot topics. It is about accurate for me today.

http://i40.tinypic.com/29b28ic.jpg

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 05:46 PM
There truly is something off in this thread.

It isnt so much about hoodie profiling or police abuse, but what is lacking in this thread. What is it exactly that enables the Cops to have the power / legal authority to conduct such an intrusive right violating search to begin with? And more importantly, how do we fix this "thing" that gives the Cops the power to commit these atrocities?

I merely want to point out that these abuses by Cops will continue, and there will be more news articles, and more threads where people disagree unless we can at least address the real cause of the problems. I believe that to be Cops have become an Unaccountable Authority powered by the Corruption of the Law. The Cops behave like Criminals, but no one in office does anything to hold them personally accountable for gross violations of a persons rights. An individual Cop might get fired here and there, most of the time they are just let off and found Not Guilty, but even when they are found Guilty, the Taxpayer / Fine Payer pays the price for their misdeeds, thus relieving them even further of any form of Accountability. And no one that writes the laws does a fucking thing about what enables Police Abuse, because the Lawmakers support Police Abuse, cavity searches, and violation of the human being until they are degraded to the point where they are no longer able to perform menial tasks.

Hold the Law Accountable for Injustices and Hoodie Profiling will vanish.

satchelmcqueen
07-18-2013, 06:39 PM
pussy cops

Pericles
07-18-2013, 08:52 PM

Mine says ARMY - the badest ass gang on the planet Earth.

kahless
07-18-2013, 09:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiDiS0gpeTY

btw - saw the close-up of her in the hoodie towards the end of the video. It does not come off like that at all in this case. It was when viewed from a distance I got that impression.

Mani
07-19-2013, 01:08 AM
I do think I understand what Kahless is saying about avoiding a situation and wearing appropriate attire. I think that's one of those things your grandparents teach you about dressing nicely and having a good first impression. That's a general decent rule.

However I don't believe that's rule applies in this specific situation, as others have stated a million times.

I also think AP in POST #90 hit the nail on the head. She got tackled and sexually assaulted because she DARED to ask, "WHY?"

In the Good Old US of A, if you dare to SPEAK back or NOT COMPLY immediately, you will be tackled, raped, humiliated, jailed, tortured, and/or possibly killed.

It doesn't matter if she was wearing a formal business suit or Doctor's coat or whatever. HOW THE FUCK DID THAT BITCH ASK WHY??? AND Im sure the women was already Pissed with her husband and probably some stress getting the kids buckled in and what not...And behind her is a cop saying, "I need your id" She was probably thinking, "WHAT THE FUCK!?! NOW WHAT??" So I'm sure it came out with a bit of frustration.

And if you speak to a LEO with a bit of frustration in your voice, You will be humiliated, you can bet on that. They are your masters. You are a bunch of fucking mundanes. You are NO ONE. You will only speak when asked a question, and you will speak quietly and politely and you will ONLY answer that question. YOU WILL OBEY ALL COMMANDS. AND YOU WILL DO IT IMMEDIATELY. YOU WILL COMPLY like the fucking second class citizen you are, you just never realized it before.

The video attached is a lesson. COMPLY. OBEY. DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS, DO NOT HESITATE, DO NOT SPEAK RUDELY, SHOW NO RESISTANCE, IF you do this, maybe you will survive the encounter, and maybe you won't be humiliated. BUT there are NO GUARANTEES, you still may be Tackled, raped, and humiliated.

Anyone with a pea sized brain knew this is a mother doing an errand with 2 small kids, who was no harm to anyone. Her crime was her attitude. Not her clothes, not dropping rocks in a mail slot. The only crime was her attitude. THIS IS the USA today.

The Police are a "paramilitary" force, and the citizens are the enemy.

Think of it this way. A Soldier in Iraq is looking for terrorists, the soldier is at war. Anyone could be an enemy. Anyone could have a bomb strapped to them or be planting IED's, kids, women, men, anyone. EVERYONE is the enemy. When a Soldier is called, they expect a hostile condition, and everyone they encounter is an enemy. Anyone that mouths off to them they start to beat the crap out of, and possibly bring back to base to interrogate and maybe torture. People that silently comply, Maybe the frisk, but probably they will let go after they are sure the area is secure.

THE POLICE think the EXACT SAME THING. YOU are the local iraqi, they think YOU may be the terrorist, YOU are the enemy.

When The Post office called 911, the SOLDIERS came in EXPECTING A HOSTILE CONDITION. A mundane was identified (an iraqi, Roxi's friend), she didn't immediately comply. She needed to be taught a lesson. Area was secured, and the SOLDIERS returned to base.

Soldiers = Police Force. The difference is the battleground is our home, and we are the enemy.

tod evans
07-19-2013, 03:20 AM
Hold the Law Accountable for Injustices and Hoodie Profiling will vanish.

"The Law" is the entire corrupt "Just-Us" system, from dog-catcher to SC "Justice"...

There will never be accountability until the offenders are tried convicted and punished by honest courts comprised "Of the People".

Current members of the "Just-Us" system are, to a member, contributing to the problem, some overtly, some covertly or by apathy.

Citizens, sooner or later, will set up a "Justice" system that actually represents their ideas of right-n-wrong/legal and illegal....And that will be the start of a war like this country has never seen...

Those who seek to hold government accountable to the people will be labeled terrorists or worse no matter the purity of intention..

In the mean-time abuses will continue to escalate.

GunnyFreedom
07-19-2013, 04:13 AM

I have a Penn State one.

Oh shit.

And all I have is a Ron Paul hoodie. :( Guess I'm toast.

kahless
07-19-2013, 06:27 AM
And all I have is a Ron Paul hoodie. :( Guess I'm toast.

If you drive around with a cheap druggie looking hoodie up in a nice neighborhood it will increase your risk of being noticed and perhaps harmed by police. Especially if you do not take it off when dealing with law enforcement. Not saying it right, it is just the nature of the beast.

amy31416
07-19-2013, 06:33 AM
If you drive around with a cheap druggie looking hoodie up in a nice neighborhood it will increase your risk of being noticed and perhaps harmed by police. Especially if you do not take it off when dealing with law enforcement. Not saying it right, it is just the nature of the beast.

Nobody is denying that, people just got pissed because you applied that to this woman when it wasn't even remotely true.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2013, 06:45 AM

Well, "the beast" should be fired, at minimum.

tod evans
07-19-2013, 06:50 AM

Looking for the "Just-Us" system to fairly apply laws to their own, as they do to the citizens they rule, is foolish.

kahless
07-19-2013, 07:18 AM
Nobody is denying that, people just got pissed because you applied that to this woman when it wasn't even remotely true.

After seeing the close-up I agree. Like I said in the thread it was my perception tuning in mid-stream that the treatment was based on profiling. I really should have proof read what I wrote since it did come off badly.

We can all speculate but neither you, I or anyone posting here knows for sure why these cops treated her so badly. But to get so outraged over blaming the reality of profiling, me thinks that is just pop-culture conditioning.

pcosmar
07-19-2013, 07:25 AM

It is not a "cheap Druggie hoodie". Regardless or who is wearing it or where they are.

It is a common and very popular article of clothing..WORLDWIDE. And though is may be worn by some you may wish to justify the profiling of,, it is worn by literally millions of common folks everywhere.

And secondly,, The police assaulted her immediately while she was attending to her children. FOR NO REASON.
She was not committing any crime. None whatsoever. Nothing that would have justified treating her with that kind of disrespect.

If she was a hooded gang member that abuse would not be justified at all.
The only gang of thugs to be concerned with is the police themselves.

amy31416
07-19-2013, 07:26 AM
After seeing the close-up I agree. Like I said in the thread it was my perception tuning in mid-stream that the treatment was based on profiling. I really should have proof read what I wrote since it did come off badly.

We can all speculate but neither you, I or anyone posting here knows for sure why these cops treated her so badly. But to get so outraged over blaming the reality of profiling, me thinks that is just pop-culture conditioning.

You know what the biggest mistake is in making an apology? Making an excuse or condition--you should have stopped at the first paragraph. :p

kahless
07-19-2013, 07:32 AM
It is not a "cheap Druggie hoodie". Regardless or who is wearing it or where they are.

It is a common and very popular article of clothing..WORLDWIDE. And though is may be worn by some you may wish to justify the profiling of,, it is worn by literally millions of common folks everywhere.

And secondly,, The police assaulted her immediately while she was attending to her children. FOR NO REASON.
She was not committing any crime. None whatsoever. Nothing that would have justified treating her with that kind of disrespect.

I do not justify bad treatment by police based on profiling that is just absurd. Other than that I agree with you if you are talking about this incident. I think you are over reaching in the last line to say "only".

btw - the reply you quoted had nothing to do with this case and is out of context. That reply was to Gunny about wearing a Ron Paul hoodie and a generalization.

kahless
07-19-2013, 07:36 AM

I agree.

cajuncocoa
07-19-2013, 07:40 AM

Indeed. In my area the temp rarely drops enough to wear a heavy jacket, so a hoodie suffices as my choice of outerwear during the winter. I had no idea someone might profile me as a "druggie". :rolleyes:

Tor_Hershman
07-19-2013, 08:00 AM
A good police officer is a true Hero,
a criminal in uniform IS a criminal in uniform.

kahless
07-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Indeed. In my area the temp rarely drops enough to wear a heavy jacket, so a hoodie suffices as my choice of outerwear during the winter. I had no idea someone might profile me as a "druggie". :rolleyes:

It is just shy of 100 degrees where I am at, but if I drive a mile downtown no doubt there will be some pusher on a street corner with his hoodie up selling.

I find it hard to believe that you believe certain cops will not profile you while driving into a rich white neighborhood wearing a cheap looking hoodie like the druggie on a street corner wears.

QuickZ06
07-19-2013, 08:10 AM
Kahless it is good to see you back on the same page like the majority of us. We all put our foot in our mouth from time to time. I was not that hard on you as others (just poked some fun at what you said) but I am glad to have you here on the forums in the support for liberty. Some really do not need to go "full attack mode" on some of the members here when we don't agree with what they said as we all came here for the same reason. The man behind the curtain wants us to fight amongst ourselves, I say give them nothing.

Anti Federalist
07-19-2013, 09:07 AM
The compliance, by itself, is a form of humiliation.

This is one of the best summations of where we are in AmeriKa I have read in while.

Every Amerikan needs to understand this is where we are at.

And if anything realistic is going to be done about it or not.

I do think I understand what Kahless is saying about avoiding a situation and wearing appropriate attire. I think that's one of those things your grandparents teach you about dressing nicely and having a good first impression. That's a general decent rule.

However I don't believe that's rule applies in this specific situation, as others have stated a million times.

I also think AP in POST #90 hit the nail on the head. She got tackled and sexually assaulted because she DARED to ask, "WHY?"

In the Good Old US of A, if you dare to SPEAK back or NOT COMPLY immediately, you will be tackled, raped, humiliated, jailed, tortured, and/or possibly killed.

It doesn't matter if she was wearing a formal business suit or Doctor's coat or whatever. HOW THE FUCK DID THAT BITCH ASK WHY??? AND Im sure the women was already Pissed with her husband and probably some stress getting the kids buckled in and what not...And behind her is a cop saying, "I need your id" She was probably thinking, "WHAT THE FUCK!?! NOW WHAT??" So I'm sure it came out with a bit of frustration.

And if you speak to a LEO with a bit of frustration in your voice, You will be humiliated, you can bet on that. They are your masters. You are a bunch of fucking mundanes. You are NO ONE. You will only speak when asked a question, and you will speak quietly and politely and you will ONLY answer that question. YOU WILL OBEY ALL COMMANDS. AND YOU WILL DO IT IMMEDIATELY. YOU WILL COMPLY like the fucking second class citizen you are, you just never realized it before.

The video attached is a lesson. COMPLY. OBEY. DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS, DO NOT HESITATE, DO NOT SPEAK RUDELY, SHOW NO RESISTANCE, IF you do this, maybe you will survive the encounter, and maybe you won't be humiliated. BUT there are NO GUARANTEES, you still may be Tackled, raped, and humiliated.

Anyone with a pea sized brain knew this is a mother doing an errand with 2 small kids, who was no harm to anyone. Her crime was her attitude. Not her clothes, not dropping rocks in a mail slot. The only crime was her attitude. THIS IS the USA today.

The Police are a "paramilitary" force, and the citizens are the enemy.

Think of it this way. A Soldier in Iraq is looking for terrorists, the soldier is at war. Anyone could be an enemy. Anyone could have a bomb strapped to them or be planting IED's, kids, women, men, anyone. EVERYONE is the enemy. When a Soldier is called, they expect a hostile condition, and everyone they encounter is an enemy. Anyone that mouths off to them they start to beat the crap out of, and possibly bring back to base to interrogate and maybe torture. People that silently comply, Maybe the frisk, but probably they will let go after they are sure the area is secure.

THE POLICE think the EXACT SAME THING. YOU are the local iraqi, they think YOU may be the terrorist, YOU are the enemy.

When The Post office called 911, the SOLDIERS came in EXPECTING A HOSTILE CONDITION. A mundane was identified (an iraqi, Roxi's friend), she didn't immediately comply. She needed to be taught a lesson. Area was secured, and the SOLDIERS returned to base.

Soldiers = Police Force. The difference is the battleground is our home, and we are the enemy.

tod evans
07-19-2013, 09:14 AM

This is one of the best summations of where we are in AmeriKa I have read in while.

And if anything realistic going to be done about it or not.

There is only one thing that can be done....

Voting works as well as whining and sniveling.

Suing any member of the "Just-Us" department will prove as fruitful as rice farming in the Mojave..

Discussing "action" via 1's & 0's is insane, and against forum guidelines..

Pericles
07-19-2013, 10:10 AM

And if anything realistic going to be done about it or not.

That was an epic post by Mani, worthy of much rep.

kahless
07-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Kahless it is good to see you back on the same page like the majority of us. We all put our foot in our mouth from time to time. I was not that hard on you as others (just poked some fun at what you said) but I am glad to have you here on the forums in the support for liberty. Some really do not need to go "full attack mode" on some of the members here when we don't agree with what they said as we all came here for the same reason. The man behind the curtain wants us to fight amongst ourselves, I say give them nothing.

My posts from the beginning and throughout this thread were harsher on the police than anyone else's here and I never blamed her, so in that respect I think we were all on the same page.

I just in a politically incorrect manner, not saying it was right, speculated why would a human being treat a mother in this manner in front of her children. That's where I initially from the point in the clip I saw thought they sized her up based on appearance.

I was thinking along the lines, for all we know the call from the post office riled them up and then they get behind her in the patrol car, more adrenalin pumping since they see the hoodie. Those notions should have all been dispelled after they see it was just a mother, children and something as stupid as rocks in a mailbox.

Regardless like I said from the beginning it should not give them license to behave in that manner but we see this time and time again here.

btw - despite my harsh statements against the police in this thread and behavior that has become all too common, I do not believe they are all bad. When you see something like this it is easy to get outraged and sound like you are painting them all that way. Not my intention.

Anti Federalist
07-19-2013, 11:22 AM
That was an epic post by Mani, worthy of much rep.

Duly repped, of course.

This sums it all up:

They will patrol out of their secure areas, fuck up anybody that needs fucking up, and RTB.

Occupying Army.

We are under siege, regardless of the fact that it has a smiley face on it.

Roxi
07-20-2013, 12:46 AM

Are you fucking kidding me? Do you have any clue how cold it was that day? I wear a hoodie every day in the winter. I really can't believe that you've turned this thread into this shit with this babble. If I believed in giving neg rep I totally would. Screw off.

Roxi
07-20-2013, 01:36 AM
You know what the biggest mistake is in making an apology? Making an excuse or condition--you should have stopped at the first paragraph. :p

If I could give you a billion reps for this thread I would. It won't let me though.

Oh and nope, not sharing. :)

kahless
07-20-2013, 03:05 AM
You are taking that comment out of context. The "bad behavior of others" is BAD BEHAVIOR OF THE POLICE. I DO NOT BLAME THE VICTIM.

I was speculating on what agitated them. Regardless of what agitated them, IT WAS WRONG.

This is an internet forum where people discuss topics and sometimes speculate on behavior. This would be a really boring place if there was not a debate.

You should be happy I and others continue to keep this thread on the first page so people notice what happened to your friend. Normally these threads drop off after a day. Yours is still sticking around because of the debate.

Roxi
07-20-2013, 11:28 AM
You are taking that comment out of context. The "bad behavior of others" is BAD BEHAVIOR OF THE POLICE. I DO NOT BLAME THE VICTIM.

I was speculating on what agitated them. Regardless of what agitated them, IT WAS WRONG.

This is an internet forum where people discuss topics and sometimes speculate on behavior. This would be a really boring place if there was not a debate.

You should be happy I and others continue to keep this thread on the first page so people notice what happened to your friend. Normally these threads drop off after a day. Yours is still sticking around because of the debate.

If you would just understand that it isn't the truth that she was possibly profiled for her hoodie that people in this thread are upset about, it's the way you said what you said, and then continued to say ignorant things throughout the thread in defense of what you had said in the first place.

You had me pissed at "If she had dressed like a lady"

It was like 20 degrees that day. She left her house thinking she would be out of the car for a total of 5 minutes. She had flip flops and no bra on.

Yes I realize you're not saying you agree with what happened. It was the insinuation that she may have prevented what happened by having different clothing on, and it's that mindset that perpetuates this shit in the first place.

This didn't happen because of her hoodie. This happened because she questioned the demand for her identification. She could have been wearing a business suit and it would have went down the same way. In KC you don't question their authority without being body slammed, especially not with the female officers because they have a lot more to prove.

In regard to "You should be happy I and others continue to keep this on the first page"

I'm glad the story is staying at the top. She deserves that. Your comment that it wouldn't be the case without your babble is insulting and shows how egotistical you really are.

ClydeCoulter
07-20-2013, 11:39 AM

WTF?

I scanned the thread to see if any confirmation on that statement has been found. Anyone?

kahless
07-20-2013, 12:17 PM
If you would just understand that it isn't the truth that she was possibly profiled for her hoodie that people in this thread are upset about, it's the way you said what you said, and then continued to say ignorant things throughout the thread in defense of what you had said in the first place.

You had me pissed at "If she had dressed like a lady"

It was like 20 degrees that day. She left her house thinking she would be out of the car for a total of 5 minutes. She had flip flops and no bra on.

Yes I realize you're not saying you agree with what happened. It was the insinuation that she may have prevented what happened by having different clothing on, and it's that mindset that perpetuates this shit in the first place.

This didn't happen because of her hoodie. This happened because she questioned the demand for her identification. She could have been wearing a business suit and it would have went down the same way. In KC you don't question their authority without being body slammed, especially not with the female officers because they have a lot more to prove.

I have something like a dozen posts now of me saying my first impression from tuning in mid video was wrong and what I said was politically incorrect.

There is more anger directed towards me than the ones that treated your friend so badly. Do you want blood, should I fall on a sword now?

I stand by my comments that people will profile you based on your appearance. That is not ignorance, it is a fact of life. You live in a fantasy world if you believe otherwise.

ClydeCoulter
07-20-2013, 12:41 PM

WTF?

I scanned the thread to see if any confirmation on that statement has been found. Anyone?

Bump!

Can ya'll start another thread or argue in a PM? [Mod edit]

amy31416
07-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Bump!

Can ya'll start another thread or argue in a PM?

I think it's confirmed that kahless can be ***, [Mod edit] and is continuing on that path with his every post here, however--I think that quote about being charged with making lampshades isn't on the video, but is her word on what happened.

Is there any "official" record yet Roxi?

kahless
07-20-2013, 02:16 PM
I think it's confirmed that kahless can be ***, [Mod edit] and is continuing on that path with his every post here, however--I think that quote about being charged with making lampshades isn't on the video, but is her word on what happened.

I get it. Dissenting opinions are not welcome and anyone that has an opinion that differs from yours deserves to be repeatedly insulted.

amy31416
07-20-2013, 02:29 PM
I get it. Dissenting opinions are not welcome and anyone that has an opinion that differs from yours deserves to be repeatedly insulted.

I'm sorry man, but can you read what you're posting?

You say "I'm sorrrrrrry for saying something 'politically incorrect.'" No you aren't. By calling what you said "politically incorrect" rather than simply "incorrect," you're showing complete insincerity. The rest still tries to rationalize what you said about her being partially at fault for not "dressing like a lady."

This little cop-fueled drama isn't about how people perceive a person, as has been said a zillion times--she looked fine. Can you cut it out or not? I can't recall ever having an issue with you and you've been here longer than me. Why obsess on an issue where you were clearly wrong while nobody is arguing with you on the irrelevant issue that you applied to this case where you are actually right?

You were wrong, so what? Drop it already.

pcosmar
07-20-2013, 02:59 PM
I stand by my comments that people will profile you based on your appearance. That is not ignorance, it is a fact of life. You live in a fantasy world if you believe otherwise.

My anger at it was the fact that they laid hands on her at all.
Their reason (or alleged reason) for doing so is irrelevant. and on something as utterly stupid as an article of clothing makes it even more maddening.

It does not matter what she was wearing or who she was. Or who they may have thought she was.
It does not matter if s the person was a dirt-bag "druggie: or Thug or Gang-banger IT DOES NOT MATTER..

They had no right to touch her. No business even asking (let alone demanding) her name.

There was no Crime. They saw no Crime. They did not even investigate the stupid call to see if any crime had taken place.

And this is a damn clear example of why Police should not exist.

kahless
07-20-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm sorry man, but can you read what you're posting?

You say "I'm sorrrrrrry for saying something 'politically incorrect.'" No you aren't. By calling what you said "politically incorrect" rather than simply "incorrect," you're showing complete insincerity. The rest still tries to rationalize what you said about her being partially at fault for not "dressing like a lady."

This little cop-fueled drama isn't about how people perceive a person, as has been said a zillion times--she looked fine. Can you cut it out or not? I can't recall ever having an issue with you and you've been here longer than me. Why obsess on an issue where you were clearly wrong while nobody is arguing with you on the irrelevant issue that you applied to this case where you are actually right?

You are so full of it. There are now pages and pages of me saying that a closer look shows profiling likely did not apply in this case. Yet the attacks continue like I never said it.

I do not take back the politically incorrect comment about profiling in general. People do it, it is a fact of life. People can be outraged at me all they like but I have no control over how people react based upon your appearance.

Not my fault that people do not read my later posts and keep replying all outraged.

kahless
07-20-2013, 03:15 PM
My anger at it was the fact that they laid hands on her at all.
Their reason (or alleged reason) for doing so is irrelevant. and on something as utterly stupid as an article of clothing makes it even more maddening.

It does not matter what she was wearing or who she was. Or who they may have thought she was.
It does not matter if s the person was a dirt-bag "druggie: or Thug or Gang-banger IT DOES NOT MATTER..

They had no right to touch her. No business even asking (let alone demanding) her name.

There was no Crime. They saw no Crime. They did not even investigate the stupid call to see if any crime had taken place.

And this is a damn clear example of why Police should not exist.

I agree and have said exactly that in this thread almost verbatim.

I think it is foolish not to speculate and try to understand the motives of ones bad behavior. Doing so does not mean you condone it.

Roxi
07-21-2013, 01:05 PM
I have something like a dozen posts now of me saying my first impression from tuning in mid video was wrong and what I said was politically incorrect.

There is more anger directed towards me than the ones that treated your friend so badly. Do you want blood, should I fall on a sword now?

Come on now, don't make assumptions about how angry I am, and damn sure don't make assumptions about how I feel toward people I'm angry with. I wouldn't wish harm on my worst enemy.

and no, that's why I said "the fact that she was profiled". I know this happens. It happens to me all the time for having tattoos.

anyhow I'm done with this ridiculous argument, back to the matter at hand...

I've messaged Catrina to see if there are any updates. Will post here when she responds.

Roxi
08-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Trial was yesterday. The judge found her guilty EVEN though they eventually admitted that it probably was her children putting rocks in the slot. Justified the arrest by saying that these days people do bad things in public places soo......

Ugh...

and was a mental health evaluation really necessary?

BTW - excuse the term, but Catrina is a "jesus freak" there's no way she said the GD word. NO WAY.

http://pvpost.com/2013/08/09/mission-judge-finds-catrina-engle-guilty-in-case-captured-on-controversial-youtube-video-20294

angelatc
08-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Trial was yesterday. The judge found her guilty EVEN though they eventually admitted that it probably was her children putting rocks in the slot. Justified the arrest by saying that these days people do bad things in public places soo......

Ugh...

BTW - excuse the term, but Catrina is a "jesus freak" there's no way she said the GD word. NO WAY.

http://pvpost.com/2013/08/09/mission-judge-finds-catrina-engle-guilty-in-case-captured-on-controversial-youtube-video-20294

I wonder how long before we start fighting back?

bolil
08-09-2013, 02:14 PM
The fact is a woman was raped by people in costumes. I don't give a fuck if she had neck tattoos that is wrong as snow in the Cayman Islands. Then the justice system has the audacity to ascribe guilt to a victim. A disgusting, and common, occurrence

mosquitobite
08-09-2013, 02:25 PM

Ugh...

This ticks me off SO BAD!

I admit I would have judged if my vehicle would have driven past this scene. My conscience is now saying in the future I should pull over and stop and ask if everything is ok or if I can assist. It breaks my heart that those kids had to watch all of that. Just breaks my heart.

GunnyFreedom
08-09-2013, 02:42 PM

This pisses me off so much...

I can only guess that Americans have by and large lost the American Spirit. :( :weep:

Pericles
08-09-2013, 02:44 PM

Not too long.

belian78
08-09-2013, 03:12 PM

"We" or "People" will never rise up as a group, as seen in V for Vendetta after the little girl was shot. It's just not going to happen, the system has worked it's magic too well in dividing and conquering, large groups of people will never be able to agree with one another on enough to stand up together like they would need to do. The American people have been turned into worse than sheep, sheep may be scared of the wolf and run away, but they don't justify the killing of their kin because it looked the wrong way.

JK/SEA
08-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Not too long.

yep. critical mass is fast approaching.

amy31416
08-09-2013, 03:23 PM

Ugh...

So, that's what? 3 bad cops and 1 bad judge?

Any way we can help them lose their jobs?

Pericles
08-09-2013, 03:26 PM
"We" or "People" will never rise up as a group, as seen in V for Vendetta after the little girl was shot. It's just not going to happen, the system has worked it's magic too well in dividing and conquering, large groups of people will never be able to agree with one another on enough to stand up together like they would need to do. The American people have been turned into worse than sheep, sheep may be scared of the wolf and run away, but they don't justify the killing of their kin because it looked the wrong way.

Don't need the mass - it takes some real fighters and a warrior or two.

Cabal
08-09-2013, 04:13 PM
"Really? What law school did you go to?"

The University of... You're a Fascist Pig, Go Fuck Yourself

Roxi
08-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Just spoke to Catrina and she IS going to appeal!! Please if you can contribute at all, do so via this link: http://catrinaengle.yolasite.com/

Roxi
08-09-2013, 05:54 PM
She also had this to say.... "So far (since March) we have received 2 donations, each in the amount of $10

I can't believe how costly this all is... Just to get justice

Just the transcribing being done in the court room last night was $5 per page. Trial went on for 5-6 hours. There was near to 200 pages... Whew."

Roxi
08-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Judges name is Keith Drill.. I think he's the only one in Mission. The prosecutor (and also is the city attorney) is David K. Martin. "Officers Michelle Pierce, Tim Gift & Tige Dean (Tige was the bald guy that was threatening CPS instead of calling my husband that was left outta the police report)""

mosquitobite
08-09-2013, 06:07 PM
She also had this to say.... "So far (since March) we have received 2 donations, each in the amount of $10

I can't believe how costly this all is... Just to get justice

Just the transcribing being done in the court room last night was $5 per page. Trial went on for 5-6 hours. There was near to 200 pages... Whew."

Just donated.

Roxi
08-09-2013, 06:11 PM
The kids are seeing therapist. The stories she is telling me about what they're going through is breaking my heart. They can't even sleep. The 4 year old feels guilty because she thought she was responsible for consoling her sister and couldn't. This is all just sick. The lies that were told in the courtroom and the sheep herding happening from the state are just.... sick. Ugh.

Roxi
08-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Just donated. Thank you!! I owe you many reps!!

pcosmar
08-09-2013, 06:53 PM

Ugh...

Trial was yesterday? Judge decided?? WTF???

Where was the jury? This was a hearing,, not a trial.
Is her lawyer that totally incompetent?

sorry for all the questions,,but this makes no sense at all.. Though the system is truly fucked up,, the right to a trial is still supposed to exist.

Good to hear that there is an appeal.

Roxi
08-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Trial was yesterday? Judge decided?? WTF???

Where was the jury? This was a hearing,, not a trial.
Is her lawyer that totally incompetent?

sorry for all the questions,,but this makes no sense at all.. Though the system is truly fucked up,, the right to a trial is still supposed to exist.

Good to hear that there is an appeal.

No worries, I'm glad to answer what I can. Her lawyer is from Olathe, hopefully this means he's not too tied in to the Mission LEO's. The Plaintiff's attorney advised them NOT to file a complaint with the ACLU. (They are anyway). Her lawyer said that he assumed they would rule this way. (I'm guessing this is just how it works so they can milk more money from you) The next trial will be with a jury and she hopes that makes a big difference. She's tired of dealing with all this and with the pain it's caused her kids, but is happy that she's able to bring the corruption in Mission to light. The Post office is claiming there is no video. The video the sign says they would have would prove that she is not guilty of the crap they are claiming. Three separate postal workers lied under oath. The judge had also told them not to talk about the case to each other yet she says they were all huddled outside the court room multiple times.

Mani
08-09-2013, 08:58 PM
No worries, I'm glad to answer what I can. Her lawyer is from Olathe, hopefully this means he's not too tied in to the Mission LEO's. The Plaintiff's attorney advised them NOT to file a complaint with the ACLU. (They are anyway). Her lawyer said that he assumed they would rule this way. (I'm guessing this is just how it works so they can milk more money from you) The next trial will be with a jury and she hopes that makes a big difference. She's tired of dealing with all this and with the pain it's caused her kids, but is happy that she's able to bring the corruption in Mission to light. The Post office is claiming there is no video. The video the sign says they would have would prove that she is not guilty of the crap they are claiming. Three separate postal workers lied under oath. The judge had also told them not to talk about the case to each other yet she says they were all huddled outside the court room multiple times.

The system is so broken, this is sickening.

Pericles
08-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Anyone who thinks that he is going to get a fair trial is delusional.

mosquitobite
08-10-2013, 05:34 AM

I hope she gets the video from the post office and then charges each one of them with perjury.

Roxi
08-10-2013, 10:15 AM
I hope she gets the video from the post office and then charges each one of them with perjury.

I said that to her last night too. I wish someone from the inside would come forward with a video.

pcosmar
08-10-2013, 10:38 AM
I said that to her last night too. I wish someone from the inside would come forward with a video.

I still don't understand.

You said the judge decided the case. This makes no sense.

Did she plead guilty? I have been through the system a couple times.. and once in Missouri.

A Judge does not decide guilt. Either a plea is made,, or a jury decides. The judge only oversees the process and sets the sentence afterward.

This sounds like a hearing,, an arraignment,, where the judge simply decides whether there is a case or not,, if there is enough evidence to go forward.

it makes no sense.

This needs to go before a jury.