PDA

View Full Version : TSA now having parked cars searched

green73
07-18-2013, 07:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVIcmSKu5Hg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVIcmSKu5Hg

Rochester, N.Y. -- She says she had no warning that someone was going to search her car after she left to catch her flight. So the woman contacted News10NBC.

We found out it happened to her because she valet parked her car. Those are the only cars that get inspected.

So if security feels it is necessary to search some cars in the name of safety, why not search all of them?

Laurie Iacuzza walked to her waiting car at the Greater Rochester International Airport after returning from a trip and that's when she found it -- a notice saying her car was inspected after she left for her flight. She said, “I was furious. They never mentioned it to me when I booked the valet or when I picked up the car or when I dropped it off.”

cont
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3101080.shtml?cat=566

tod evans
07-18-2013, 07:40 AM
If you're going to be parking at the airport please don't forget to store a box of plant food in your trunk during your stay..:D

http://www.webbsdirect.co.uk/images/products/medium/197215.jpg

Matthew5
07-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Iacuzza said she doesn't mind the security measure. She just wants to be told if her car is getting searched.

Well, as long as it's a scheduled violation of your privacy...

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-18-2013, 08:28 AM

She didn't even ask for a schedule, just a notification.

limequat
07-18-2013, 08:31 AM
They searched her car AFTER her flight took off.

This is security American Stasi style.

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 09:00 AM
Iacuzza said she doesn't mind the security measure. She just wants to be told if her car is getting searched.

Then quitcherbitchin' there, sugar britches.

Freedom!

'MuriKa!

*belch*

Matthew5
07-18-2013, 12:55 PM
What's next, they'll be asking for lubricant before cavity searches? Americans are so spoiled...

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 12:56 PM

They'll just argue that your Car doesnt have any reasonable expectations of privacy because its a Car, oh and because it has WINDOWS, oh, and its in Public. Really they dont care. It barely matters the excuse that they throw out because the fuckers never had any intention of following the law that restricts them to begin with.

So who is really the criminal? The guy with something suspicious, like two eyes and a nose, or the ones that are supposed to be restricted by the Constitution and dont have any intention of following it?

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-18-2013, 01:08 PM
this video title was misleading, you can't expect privacy when you ALLOW a stranger in your car. The valet guys probably open up the trunk and close it, then put the little slip on your dashboard.

Czolgosz
07-18-2013, 01:16 PM
If you're going to be parking at the airport please don't forget to store a box of plant food in your trunk during your stay..:D

What's the 411 on this? :D

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 01:22 PM

What's the 411 on this? :D

Unlawful. Product was not manufactured by Monsanto, the manufacturer of the only legal plant fertilizer you are allowed to store in your trunk, well, purchase, period.

Czolgosz
07-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Unlawful. Product was not manufactured by Monsanto, the manufacturer of the only legal plant fertilizer you are allowed to store in your trunk, well, purchase, period.

I was hoping for some sort of plant funk that makes people puke. :^(

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 01:27 PM

You can have that, as long as it is manufactured by Monsanto. You see, mundane, it is Unlawful because if you purchase a product that is NOT manufactured by Monsanto, then Monsanto is the Victim because they did not get YOUR money!

Monsanto for your Health!

/sarcasm

Czolgosz
07-18-2013, 01:33 PM
You can have that, as long as it is manufactured by Monsanto. You see, mundane, it is Unlawful because if you purchase a product that is NOT manufactured by Monsanto, then Monsanto is the Victim because they did not get YOUR money!

Monsanto for your Health!

/sarcasm

oic :D

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Ok, back on topic...

Just for arguments sake, lets say you have your car valet parked. Does the Valet Driver have any Right to open your Glove Box or Trunk? I can see them observing shit laying around in your backseat, but when they start going through compartments, do they have the right to do that? Likewise, I invite a person into my home. Does that invitation extend to them the right to go through my underwear drawer? Look between my matresses? Also, having ones car valet parked does not give the person that is valet parking the right to take ANYTHING that is observable is in the vehicle? Like a Laptop?

bunklocoempire
07-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Ok, back on topic...

Just for arguments sake, lets say you have your car valet parked. Does the Valet Driver have any Right to open your Glove Box or Trunk? I can see them observing shit laying around in your backseat, but when they start going through compartments, do they have the right to do that? Likewise, I invite a person into my home. Does that invitation extend to them the right to go through my underwear drawer? Look between my matresses? Also, having ones car valet parked does not give the person that is valet parking the right to take ANYTHING that is observable is in the vehicle? Like a Laptop?

What does the contract with the valet driver/company say?

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 02:19 PM
What does the contract with the valet driver/company say?

Since when does an Unknowable Contract supercede Property Rights? That was kind of the point I was trying to make...

Matthew5
07-18-2013, 02:27 PM
I believe a reasonable expectation would be anything that is not visible from the car window or sitting in the driver's seat is considered private.

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 02:46 PM
I believe a reasonable expectation would be anything that is not visible from the car window or sitting in the driver's seat is considered private.

Well I sure as shit dont like anyone looking in the window of my Car, OR my house.

I also dont believe that having a Window means giving up Privacy, or other Rights. So just because I have Windows on my house means that I've decided to waive my Right to Privacy and am willing to just let who ever the fuck wants to stare at what I do in my home or observe the home itself through my Window. ESPECIALLY when I am not there.

mrsat_98
07-18-2013, 03:46 PM

That would be Obama your looking for ? excuse me I didn't realize that you said " funk".

Matthew5
07-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Well I sure as shit dont like anyone looking in the window of my Car, OR my house.

I also dont believe that having a Window means giving up Privacy, or other Rights. So just because I have Windows on my house means that I've decided to waive my Right to Privacy and am willing to just let who ever the fuck wants to stare at what I do in my home or observe the home itself through my Window. ESPECIALLY when I am not there.

We're not talking about a home, where one usually has to enter your property to get close enough to look into a window. We're talking about a personal space that rests inside a public space (or someone else's private property).

But this is getting beside the point. We're talking about a valet service, where one grants permission for the vehicle's private space to be entered. One must give up privacy in the respect that visible items will be seen by the valet driver. Anything beyond what is visible to the driver's field of vision should remain private (console, glove box, trunk, etc.)

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 03:58 PM
We're not talking about a home, where one usually has to enter your property to get close enough to look into a window. We're talking about a personal space that rests inside a public space (or someone else's private property).

But this is getting beside the point. We're talking about a valet service, where one grants permission for the vehicle's private space to be entered. One must give up privacy in the respect that visible items will be seen by the valet driver. Anything beyond what is visible to the driver's field of vision should remain private (console, glove box, trunk, etc.)

/agree

Now what about the NSA just arbitrarily looking in your Glovebox, without a Warrant, and without your Permission? Limited Permission is given (reasonably) to the Valet Driver, not the NSA.

Matthew5
07-18-2013, 04:14 PM
/agree

Now what about the NSA just arbitrarily looking in your Glovebox, without a Warrant, and without your Permission? Limited Permission is given (reasonably) to the Valet Driver, not the NSA.

Indeed! A gross violation of privacy.

What the TSA did here is deplorable (per usual for their department).

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Alright, where was that thread about Gitmo Prisoners no longer getting their junk violated, but anyone who flies, including children, must be submitted to a full on public cavity search?

satchelmcqueen
07-18-2013, 06:02 PM
it all in the name of safety mother fuckers!!!