PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff Shows off his new "Crime Fighting Tool"

EBounding
07-18-2013, 07:26 AM
If you feel like raising your blood pressure, check out the video in the link:

http://www.livingstondaily.com/article/20130718/NEWS01/307180005/Police-agency-said-nation-s-first-equipment-photo-gallery-

http://i.imgur.com/AK7SbJR.png

I tried to transcribe the Sheriff:

In the old days, when we would approach a house especially in a rural community, you might have to be down the drive way, you know 50-100 yards, before you got to that residence and hoping that someone wasn't going to be taking a shot at you.

This allows us to approach a house, any location within the county in a safe manner, either for citizen transport, and especially for our tactical team that maybe has to go in and address the subject that we're going to arrest on a felony warrant. So, the value of having this vehicle is just invaluable to be honest with you.

At a time when law enforcement has changed since 9/11, we hope that we don't have a terrorist attack within Livingston county, but we want to be prepared if we do have it.

This allows us to transport to locations and be ready to respond to any type of situation or incident that might arise in Livingston county. So this is a huge thing for us we're very appreciative of the military. We got a long standing relationship with the military, either weapons or vehicles, so it's been a good partnership for us.

Mani
07-18-2013, 07:39 AM
Thats a great vehicle needed to collect the fines from overdue parking tickets and library books.

Thank goodness, officer safety.

I like how he mentioned they have a GREAT PARTNERSHIP with the military.....

The police is partnered with the military?? The military is used to fight wars.....who are the police at war with??

tod evans
07-18-2013, 07:43 AM
The military is used to fight wars.....who are the police at war with??

Drug war of course!

Think of the children...

Puke!

presence
07-18-2013, 07:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZaK7D4XVo8

Snew
07-18-2013, 07:51 AM
The department acquired a Mine-Resistant Ambush-Protected, or MRAP, vehicle for its tactical team through the military’s Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office, which is managed by the Defense Logistics Agency. The office takes military equipment that is no longer usable and “demilitarizes” it, making it available to law enforcement agencies nationwide.

lol, right...

pcosmar
07-18-2013, 07:54 AM
"we are not advocating that you do this"

Good to Know. ;)

tod evans
07-18-2013, 07:56 AM
The office takes military equipment that is no longer usable and “demilitarizes” it

Scraping off a decal constitutes "demilitarization"...

limequat
07-18-2013, 08:02 AM
So if it's demilitarized, I can buy one too, right?

EBounding
07-18-2013, 08:02 AM
This allows us to approach a house, any location within the county in the state matter, either for citizen transport, and especially for our tactical team that maybe has to go in and address the subject that we're going to arrest on a felony warrant.

"Citizen Transport"?! Transport to where? The Soap Factory???

aGameOfThrones
07-18-2013, 08:04 AM
Scraping off a decal constitutes "demilitarization"...

No, putting on a decal "Sherriff" is.

Root
07-18-2013, 08:04 AM
This is how they will take our guns away.

QuickZ06
07-18-2013, 08:11 AM
And slowly the noose is tightened around our necks.

limequat
07-18-2013, 08:14 AM
And slowly the noose is tightened around our necks.

Every day feels more and more like the Matrix.

Morpheus, I need a program for building an IED to take out a demilitarized tank.

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 08:20 AM

Morpheus, I need a program for building an IED to take out a demilitarized tank.

Heh, wait until September.

Bluffdale goes online.

kcchiefs6465
07-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Can someone post the video? Direct link to youtube preferably.

EBounding
07-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Comment from the story:

If it saves one law enforcement officer's life it's worth it's weight in gold. If you read the article, you will see that Livingston County acquired the vehicle for FREE. I would be surprised if it gets used once a year. It's simply a good tool to have available when it's needed.

God help us.....

limequat
07-18-2013, 08:36 AM
For those not familiar with Michigan...

Livingston county is an area between Detroit and Lansing. I think the biggest city it contains is Howell, which has a population of less than 10,000.

WTF?

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 08:37 AM
I would be surprised if it gets used once a year. It's simply a good tool to have available when it's needed.

Oh, I doubt that.

That thing will be serving and protecting the fuck outta people day in and day out.

07-18-2013, 08:40 AM
So if it's demilitarized, I can buy one too, right?

Actually I believe you can. Used military vehicles have always been for sale to the public at auction.

EBounding
07-18-2013, 08:40 AM

Livingston county is an area between Detroit and Lansing. I think the biggest city it contains is Howell, which has a population of less than 10,000.

WTF?

Hey now, it's because they have LONG DRIVEWAYS and can't get close enough to drive into the house with a normal APC.

V4Vendetta
07-18-2013, 08:44 AM
You know why they are increasing their armament right?
To lessen casualties they take when they try to arrest us or when we revolt
That's the only reason

limequat
07-18-2013, 08:45 AM
http://jalopnik.com/5720776/why-do-americas-police-need-an-armored-tank

"In the wake of Sept. 11, Congress and presidents Bush and Obama dramatically boosted Homeland Security spending; the Department of Homeland Security now hands out more than $3 billion a year in grants to boost anti-terrorism tools around the country. The Lenco BearCat — which start around $190,000, and can top $300,000 with options — can easily qualify as a necessary tool under several different grant programs, from disaster response to crime fighting. In just the past year, federal grants bought BearCats for police and sheriff's departments from York County, Penn., to Pasadena, Texas, to Sparks, Nev."

So...the everyday people in these counties are terrorists?

It's time we recognize DHS for it really is GOVERNMENT Security.

amy31416
07-18-2013, 08:54 AM

WTF?

I think that's right around Amash's district, or it is his district.

Pericles
07-18-2013, 08:57 AM
This is how they will take our guns away.

tragedy struck during an early morning confiscation action when the vehicle inadvertently came in contact with a low hanging power line, resulting in the loss of the vehicle and personnel riding inside.

ClydeCoulter
07-18-2013, 09:03 AM
tragedy struck during an early morning confiscation action when the vehicle inadvertently came in contact with a low hanging power line, resulting in the loss of the vehicle and personnel riding inside.

A 2nd grounding wire may have caused the vehicles insulation to fail.

EBounding
07-18-2013, 09:07 AM
I think that's right around Amash's district, or it is his district.

The county is in Mike Roger's district. I'm sure you're shocked.

roho76
07-18-2013, 09:15 AM
I live in Livingston County and this is fucking rediculous. I wrote an email to his office asking him his opinion on gun confiscation in the wake of the Sandy Hook incident. I never got a reply. I can assume this is my reply.

amy31416
07-18-2013, 09:16 AM
The county is in Mike Roger's district. I'm sure you're shocked.

Certainly makes more sense, it also means that nothing will be done about it.

pcosmar
07-18-2013, 09:23 AM
I can assume this is my reply.

You can bet on that.

Occam's Banana
07-18-2013, 09:56 AM
This allows us to approach a house, any location within the county in a safe manner, either for citizen transport, and especially for our tactical team that maybe has to go in and address the subject that we're going to arrest on a felony warrant. So, the value of having this vehicle is just invaluable to be honest with you.

... "citizen transport" ... "address the subject" ... I hereby officially submit Bob Bezotte's name into nomination for a 2013 Orwellian Newspeak Award.

Maybe cops should change their motto from "to serve and protect" to "to transport and address" ...

HOLLYWOOD
07-18-2013, 10:14 AM
http://jalopnik.com/5720776/why-do-americas-police-need-an-armored-tank

"In the wake of Sept. 11, Congress and presidents Bush and Obama dramatically boosted Homeland Security spending; the Department of Homeland Security now hands out more than $3 billion a year in grants to boost anti-terrorism tools around the country. The Lenco BearCat — which start around $190,000, and can top $300,000 with options — can easily qualify as a necessary tool under several different grant programs, from disaster response to crime fighting. In just the past year, federal grants bought BearCats for police and sheriff's departments from York County, Penn., to Pasadena, Texas, to Sparks, Nev."

So...the everyday people in these counties are terrorists?

It's time we recognize DHS for it really is GOVERNMENT Security.DHS Budget: $60 BILLION A YEAR... let me remind Americans the DHS budget is DISCRETIONARY. It continues to spend... Washington DC doesn't care how much they spent or how much debt they create. Those sociopaths have already maxed-out the extention of an additional increase in the debt ceiling's statutory limit (As of May 19, 2013 the debt limit was increased to $16,699,421,095,673.60) 2 months ago!

Jacob Lew has been borrowing from the government employee retirement funds and he & the other 'Book Cooker' Timothy Geithner suspended paying into the .gov retirement funds at the beginning of the year. DHS Buying over a Billion rounds of hollow-point bullets... Searching and Tracking EVERYTHING @ OUR EXPENSE.

They don't give a fuck... They don't give a fuck... After they have taken everything of value, they will be taking lives... you can count on that. Their Propaganda programs are so well polished, they already have the masses turning on each other, next is to condition them to kill each other. Just you wait and see.

PS: I would like to see the running death toll count of Americans killed each year from, Terrorists as opposed to US Law Enforcement? #'s? Who's killed more over the past decade? Who's killed more people around the world over the past decade? The well informed, investigative researchers already know this answer and it's the USUAL SUSPECTS, Powerful State/.Gov Sponsored Terrorism.

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 10:31 AM
PS: I would like to see the running death toll count of Americans killed each year from, Terrorists as opposed to US Law Enforcement? #'s?

I can do this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_th e_United_States_2013

Looks like a couple hundred this year so far.

They got 587 of us last year, granted many were justified.

Terrorists so far?

Average people killed in the US by getting hit by lightning every year?

You are at least ten times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist.

TonySutton
07-18-2013, 10:41 AM
I would love to know the annual cost of upkeep.

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 11:07 AM

Once again, I must ask the question. Why do cops in America need mine resistant APCs? Have the bloods, crips or disciples started laying IEDs? Who and what is this really for?

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Heh, wait until September.

Bluffdale goes online.

The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say) (http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/)

I don't know whether to love you or hate you AF for giving me even more info about how jacked up this country is.

jclay2
07-18-2013, 11:37 AM
I can do this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_th e_United_States_2013

Looks like a couple hundred this year so far.

They got 587 of us last year, granted many were justified.

Terrorists so far?

Average people killed in the US by getting hit by lightning every year?

You are at least ten times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist.

AF what is your definition of a terrorist? Many would include your 3 terrorist killings with government/police state?

Cleaner44
07-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Its unfortunate that Livingston County has such a bad land mine problem...

Pericles
07-18-2013, 11:52 AM

or anticipate having one

EBounding
07-18-2013, 12:04 PM

I'm tempted to call them and ask how many I can expect to encounter while driving through the county.

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 12:18 PM
They would rather purchase expensive shit like that to enforce prohibitive regulations instead of backing off on those prohibitive regulations that cost people their jobs which turned them into Criminals in the first place.

People can only perform Actions. Law creates Criminals by labelling everyday Actions as a Crime.

bunklocoempire
07-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Sheriff Bob Bezotte

In the old days, when we would approach a house especially in a rural community, you might have to be down the drive way, you know 50-100 yards, before you got to that residence and hoping that someone wasn't going to be taking a shot at you.

At a time when law enforcement has changed since 9/11, we hope that we don't have a terrorist attack within Livingston county, but we want to be prepared if we do have it.

This allows us to transport to locations and be ready to respond to any type of situation or incident that might arise in Livingston county. So this is a huge thing for us we're very appreciative of the military. We got a long standing relationship with the military, either weapons or vehicles, so it's been a good partnership for us.

Hey Bob, if you're going to mention safety in numbers and terrorism in the same breath you'd best buy each leo a tank for when they go home alone at night.

Bob wants to play soldier -but not really. SMH :(

EBounding
07-18-2013, 01:51 PM
The local rag newspaper uploaded a second unedited video to "address the militarization concerns". It's funny because it does the exact opposite.

http://www.livingstondaily.com/article/20130718/NEWS01/307180005/Police-agency-said-to-be-nation-s-first-with-the-equipment

Well you have to keep in mind and always remember that any police department is paramilitary. So we do operate in close parallel with law enforcement and the military.

At least he's honest?

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 02:05 PM
They would rather purchase expensive shit like that to enforce prohibitive regulations instead of backing off on those prohibitive regulations that cost people their jobs which turned them into Criminals in the first place.

People can only perform Actions. Law creates Criminals by labelling everyday Actions as a Crime.

Yeah....but I still can't get past their supposedly needing mine resistant crap to enforce these prohibitive regulations. I mean...I know the real answer unfortunately. This has nothing to do with getting at punk drug dealers. :( Who knows how to make IEDs? Maybe returning vets?

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 02:09 PM
“This vehicle is not an aggressive military vehicle; it’s nothing more than a shell with advanced ballistics protection,” Domine said.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/1a36f63d61b4bad44244164a51c333c0/tumblr_mj0sbwVxPx1r4ugi5o1_500.gif

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Let the buyers beware.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2008/07/mrap-hazards-dr/
MRAP Hazards: Drowning, Electrocution, Cancer

By David Hambling
1:11 PM

Mrap_bae_2
Mine-Resistant Ambush-Protected vehicles (MRAP) have been hailed as a great success in Iraq. And now, commanders in Afghanistan are requesting hundreds more of the armored trucks which greatly increased the chances of survival against roadside bombs. But a recent report from the Marine Corps Center for Lessons Learned cautions that the although MRAP is a life saver, it may introduce some new hazards of its own.

The report "indicates concerns about the bulky, top-heavy vehicle rolling over in combat zones," according to Army Times. "Of the 38 MRAP accidents between Nov. 7 and June 8, only four did not involve a roll-over. Many of the incidents ended with troops suffering injuries, and an April 23 roll-over led to the drowning death of two soldiers."

In a separate incident, three Green Berets drowned recently when their RG-31 MRAP rolled into a canal in Afghanistan. Which is a troubling omen, since the bulk of the MRAPs going to Afghanistan will be the RG-31 models.

The report suggests that conditions leading to the April
23 incident appear to be common. The weight of the MRAP, up to 30 tons depending on the model and equipment upgrades, prompted the road to collapse and the MRAP to roll over into a canal.

“Road shoulders in the Middle East do not meet U.S. standards and may collapse under the weight of the MRAP, especially when the road is above grade and can fall to lower ground (ditches and canals),” the report states. “Nearly 75 percent of all rollover crashes occur in rural areas.”

The report also mentions another less-obvious hazard. Most combat vehicles have a very low profile to minimize their silhouette, but the
MRAP stands much taller to give greater stand-off from mines. The antenna can reach up to sixteen feet, which presents a possible electrocution danger when encountering the with low power lines in developing countries.

“There have been … instances of electric shock when the vehicle’s height causes them to be close enough to power lines to create an electric arc,” the report states.

Explosively-formed penetators (EFPs) or "superbombs" are a type of roadside bomb that fire a slug of metal at high velocity. A separate report by the Center indicates that when struck by and EFP, the safety glass in MRAPs can disintegrate into a potentially dangerous powder.

“Hazardous material such as this can cause adverse health effects including asthma, skin rashes, allergic reactions, allergic sensitization, cancer and other long-term diseases,” the report states. “Crew and recovery personnel involved in recent incidents have complained of respiratory
(chest tightness/coughing) and eye irritation.”

This should not detract from the achievement of getting thousands of
MRAPs into service in Iraq at a time when they were sorely needed. But it does show the problems that can arise from a rush program: better training can mitigate the rollover risk, and design enhancements can solve the problems with the antennae and safety glass.

Meanwhile, Marine Brig. Gen. James Kessler tells National Defense that the MRAP is becoming more vulnerable to attack. “They are finding ways to defeat it," he said.

The U.S. military is partly to blame for the enemy overcoming the MRAP because of its willingness to talk openly about new weapons systems, said Brig. Gen. Michael Brogan, commander of the Marine Corps
Systems Command.

“If there’s anything that MRAP has taught us, it’s that we are absolutely horrible at operational security. We’re busy telling people in the media exactly what sort of weapon can defeat that new vehicle.
They [the enemy] are incredibly savvy at using the media and using information technology,” Brogan said.

Blaming the media is nothing new, though insurgents may rely less on
US-controlled press stories and more from reports back from their own channels on what works. Insurgents have proven highly adaptable (their
IED have developed rapidly to keep pace with countermeasures), and the
MRAP design will have to evolve to keep ahead of the threat.

“MRAP is not a panacea,” Mann noted. “We have to look into the future; MRAP is clearly the present today.”

(Photo: BAE Systems)

jmdrake
07-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Oh snap! I just found out the money reason why these things are being pawned off onto civilian use. The Pentagon no longer wants them! (http://www.dodbuzz.com/2012/10/01/pentagon-shuts-mrap-production-line/)

Pentagon shuts MRAP production line
By Richard Sisk Monday, October 1st, 2012 5:47 pm
Posted in Afghanistan, Land

The $47.7 billion era of the MRAP came to an official close Monday in what amounted to a retirement ceremony at the Pentagon for the production line of the lumbering vehicles that were rushed into Iraq and Afghanistan to protect troops from roadside bombs.

“For sure we’re still at war,” said Deputy Defense Secretary Ashton Carter, “but MRAP production and fielding has ended.” “A new strategic era is dawning” in which the Pentagon projects that there will be little use for the Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle in a faster and lighter military, Carter said.

“We’re here to end an era in the history of the MRAP program and begin a new one,” Carter said.

MRAP oversight and management at the Defense Department was transitioning from the Joint Program Executive Office, which had focused on production, to the Services and Special Operations Command, which will mothball most of the fleet and look to sell as many as they can to allies.

The demand for more heavily-armored vehicles came from the field as casualties mounted for troops riding in flat-bottomed Humvees from attacks by “improvised explosive devices,” or roadside bombs – the biggest single killer of U.S. and allied troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The military initially responded with jammers to foil the triggering devices and up-armored Humvees, Carter said, but the enemy countered with “new triggers and bigger bombs to tear our vehicles apart.”

In 2007, prodded by former Defense Secretary Robert Gates, the Pentagon’s often creaky acquisitions systems began a crash program to build and field MRAPs, and within 27 months more than 700 were deployed, Carter said.

Through September this year, a total of 27,740 MRAPs rolled off the assembly lines of seven manufacturers, including BAE Systems, Oshkosh Defense and Navistar, and 12,726 remain in theater in Afghanistan, according to Defense Department figures. About 870 have been sold to foreign militaries and another 700 are on order for allies.

Five versions of the MRAP were produced, weighing from 13–28 tons, with the last being the M-ATV (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected All Terrain Vehicle) for use on rougher roads in Afghanistan. All the models featured the V-shaped underbody to disperse bomb blasts.

The cost for individual production models of the MRAP ranged from $535,000 to $600,000, but field models including spare parts and upgrades came to an average of $1.29 million, the Pentagon said.

Pentagon officials and military analysts have given various estimates on how many lives were saved by the MRAPs, but most put the range in the thousands.”

Vice President Joe Biden, who joined Carter at the ceremony in the Pentagon auditorium, recalled “getting considerable pushback on the floor” from Democrats and Republicans when he argued for the MRAP as a senior Democrat from Delaware in the Senate in 2007.

The opponents argued that a new land vehicle was expected in five years, and pouring money into the MRAPs would be a waste of funds, Biden said. He said he countered by quoting the then-Marine Commandant, Gen. James Conway, as calling the MRAP “the highest moral imperative I have as Commandant.”

The funding was approved and since then “we’ve got a whole lot of men and women coming home in one piece. You saved thousands of lives,” Biden told the audience, many of whom worked in the MRAP program.

Carter said the transition from the MRAP program was “part of a larger transition” for the entire military under the strategic guidelines ordered up earlier this year by President Obama calling for lighter and smaller armed forces that would seek to avoid long-term ground wars such as Iraq and Afghanistan.

Last April, Army and Marine generals forecast to the House Armed Services Committee that the MRAPs would be phased out of future contingency planning.

Marine Lt. Gen. Richard Mills testified that “The Marine Corps has a little over 4,000 of them. We intend, as we come out of Afghanistan, to retain about 2,500.”

“Some of those will be put into a training status so that our Marines remain familiar with them, are able to maintain them and operate from them,” Mills said. “And some will be put into a status of bubble wrap, if you will, to be used if the need arises again for us to be able to use them given the terrain, given the threat, etc.”

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Yeah....but I still can't get past their supposedly needing mine resistant crap to enforce these prohibitive regulations. I mean...I know the real answer unfortunately. This has nothing to do with getting at punk drug dealers. :( Who knows how to make IEDs? Maybe returning vets?

Many Cops are Narcists.

They want all of the money and glory associated with being a Cop, but are not willing to take any personal risk to defend the lives of the Innocent. Well, Innocent at least until the Law is written to turn that person into a Criminal. And that is because the Lawmakers themselves are just as Narcicistic.

EBounding
07-18-2013, 02:34 PM
This is how they justify it's use:

The MRAP replaces the department’s current armored personnel carrier, or APC, which will be returned to the Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office (DRMO), which will make it available to another law enforcement agency.

The department first acquired the APC after hearing news reports of an elderly North Carolina man who shot an 8-year-old girl because he was tired of children cutting across his yard. The man also shot and killed two officers who responded to a 911 call to help the girl, who bled to death because police could not get close enough to the scene to help her or their fallen comrades.

That long-ago news story led Domine and a co-worker to suggest that the department find a way to acquire an APC, which the department used in 2009 when a nearly 26-year U.S. Army veteran armed himself against police. Officers used the APC to extricate two adult females and three children, ages infant to 4 years, from behind a red barn.

They could put us all in cages too, then we would be really safe.

Occam's Banana
07-18-2013, 03:04 PM

"... it's the only way to be sure."

TaftFan
07-18-2013, 03:06 PM
It would be fine if he used it to defend the county from the feds.

SeanTX
07-18-2013, 03:17 PM

Well, like the guy in the newspaper article comments said : "if it saves just one life."

Carson
07-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Do they have a lot of aluminum cans that need flattening?

Root
07-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Well, like the guy in the newspaper article comments said : "if it saves just one life."
I'm so sick of hearing that.

Anti Federalist
07-18-2013, 03:50 PM

Come September, they will.

You might not be able to see the bars, but it will be a cage, nonetheless.

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 03:54 PM

At the cost of 1000 lives that it was used to destroy. The death by cop toll over time graph just turned Hockeystick.

---

Govt isnt going to purchase something that could just as easily have all sorts of weaponry attached to it unless it fully intends on using it, and the weapons it can attach to it. Yeah, I want this power that I promise never to use. Riiiiiight...

paulbot24
07-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I want this power that I promise never to use. Riiiiiight...

Exactly.

"It will be used as a means of last resort."
"What is your definition of last resort?"
"That's classified."

EBounding
07-18-2013, 05:13 PM
It's funny how the same people who are worried about the government taking their guns also applaud LE owning equipment like this. How do they think the government is going to take them? By asking politely?

paulbot24
07-18-2013, 05:17 PM
/\/\/\THIS!

Our county sheriff's office has a tank. Most neocon types around here think it is great to go after the "drug runners" and illegals. You need a tank for that? You know what they say? "Well, probably not, but it's still pretty cool that we have one in case we need it." These are the moments I usually start looking around for a door or a drink.

DamianTV
07-18-2013, 05:23 PM
It's funny how the same people who are worried about the government taking their guns also applaud LE owning equipment like this. How do they think the government is going to take them? By asking politely?

Yeah, it wouldnt be safer for the LEO's to just allow the People to have their guns. Oh wait, if the Law Abiding Citizen had the ability to defend himself against others, there would be no need for LEO's to begin with! LEO's take away your guns to make you dependant on them for your safety (well, lack thereof) but most importantly, to protect the LEO's JOBS from you! So to take away YOUR guns means they have to upgrade THEIR guns. And so the War of Escalation continues...

Mani
07-18-2013, 11:22 PM
Come September, they will.

You might not be able to see the bars, but it will be a cage, nonetheless.

Exactly. Just try and leave...Then you'll know...

Origanalist
07-18-2013, 11:31 PM
This pisses me off to the point I better not comment at all.

Reason
07-18-2013, 11:35 PM
Fuel runs out.

KingRobbStark
07-18-2013, 11:46 PM
Calm down you guys. It's only the 2013 design. The old police car designs are very old school, and America these days is all about style.

paulbot24
07-19-2013, 12:32 AM
I see the tool, but what is that giant tank with tires thingy behind him?:D

Cutlerzzz
07-19-2013, 03:18 AM
Is it normal if the first thing I thought when I saw it was "where can I get one of those"?

DamianTV
07-19-2013, 03:49 AM
Is it normal if the first thing I thought when I saw it was "where can I get one of those"?

Um, you're not a Cop, are you?

GunnyFreedom
07-19-2013, 04:39 AM
Because they are in SUCH danger from mines and ambushes. :rolleyes:

Origanalist
07-19-2013, 06:44 AM
Because they are in SUCH danger from mines and ambushes. :rolleyes:

Self fulfilling prophesy?

Weston White
07-19-2013, 09:29 AM
The local rag newspaper uploaded a second unedited video to "address the militarization concerns". It's funny because it does the exact opposite.

Originally Posted by Sheriff Bob
Well you have to keep in mind and always remember that any police department is paramilitary. So we do operate in close parallel with law enforcement and the military.

At least he's honest?

No, what we have to keep in mind and always remember is that LE agencies are mistaught that they are “paramilitary” as part of the military industrial complex (MIC) agenda for stanchly implementing federalism.

While LE agencies do implement their own internal chain-of-command structure, just as does most all corporations, they owe their dutiful allegiances and professionalism to their own state and those residing there and not whatsoever to the national military, which is largely a foreign power, save for during times of imminent threat or invasion.

“Para” is to be beside or alongside of; auxiliary or subsidiary to; ancillary.

“Military” means to serve as an armed soldier in war or use the force of war.

To be “militant” is to be combative or prone to fighting; to be pro-war or physically aggressive.

So no, Sheriff Bob is flat wrong, but he is however, a very well-trained federal lap dog. I just hope he is a good dancer, with him being the well-paid harlequin that he is.

Weston White
07-19-2013, 09:32 AM

But at the cost of how many other lives in the process? Which is the true underlying question, isn't it.

1000-points-of-fright
07-19-2013, 09:39 AM
"Citizen Transport"?! Transport to where? The Soap Factory???

The Soylent Green Factory.