PDA

View Full Version : Texas Cop Arrested for Illegally Arresting and Assaulting Pedestrian

SeanTX
07-17-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm sure in the end nothing will happen to this cop, and he'll be back on patrol soon -- however, it is something different at least. From the sounds of it he is still on paid leave (paid vacation) -- of course.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/San-Marcos-Cpl-jailed-after-illegally-arresting-pedestrian-215747861.html

San Marcos Cpl. jailed after illegally arresting pedestrian

by John Bumgardner

kvue.com

Posted on July 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM

SAN MARCOS, Texas -- A police officer in San Marcos is in jail after arresting a pedestrian whom police say didn’t break the law.

Corporal James Angelo Palermo, 40, conducted a traffic stop on May 29 during his midnight shift patrol near 126 S. Guadalupe Street.

According to the arrest affidavit, Palermo stopped a Toyota Prius shortly after 1:00 a.m. for driving the wrong way on a one-way street and began questioning the driver.

A pedestrian walking by was called over by Palermo and asked why she was walking by his traffic stop. He then asked for the woman’s identification.

When the woman insisted she had done nothing wrong Palermo slammed her against the Prius; then onto the concrete driveway near his patrol car.

Palermo arrested the woman for obstruction. After his supervisors reviewed his report and talked to the pedestrian she was released.

Upon further investigation supervisors found the woman had lost two teeth and suffered a concussion during the illegal arrest.

Palermo was arrested for aggravated assault by a public servant. The woman is currently being treated for her injuries and could require further surgery, according to the affidavit.

"

EBounding
07-17-2013, 11:26 AM
When the woman insisted she had done nothing wrong Palermo slammed her against the Prius; then onto the concrete driveway near his patrol car.

I'm just glad he made it home safely.

youngbuck
07-17-2013, 11:39 AM
The pig should be charged with kidnapping.

SeanTX
07-17-2013, 11:40 AM
I'm just glad he made it home safely.

Cops like this shouldn't make it home safely -- nor should they be safe in their homes.

Red Green
07-17-2013, 11:56 AM
She's just lucky she wasn't videoing the pig. He might have shot her 15 times in self-defense.

2young2vote
07-17-2013, 11:58 AM
The pig should be charged with kidnapping.

As well as aggravated Assault. He only did this because he wanted to hurt someone.

EBounding
07-17-2013, 12:00 PM
I first thought he was arrested immediately after the incident. But he wasn't arrested until 6 weeks later while he was on his paid leave.

Pericles
07-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Cops like this shouldn't make it home safely -- nor should they be safe in their homes.

I think it would take a very few cases of that "pour encourager les autres" to have the desired effect.

SeanTX
07-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Her mugshot, she's smiling, despite a few missing teeth. Why a kidnapping and assault victim has a "mugshot" I have no idea ... oh, never mind, the thug who assaulted her was wearing the magic costume of a state revenue collector, that's why.

The "Busted!" at the bottom of her pic is a nice touch. She needs to include this "bustedmugshots.com" site in her lawsuits.

http://www.bustedmugshots.com/image/get/listing/mug-shot-113398061.jpg

Alexis Elizabeth Alpha

Obstruction Or Retaliation-F3 (SMPD 13-37174)

Resist Arst-A (SMPD 13-37174)

Pi-C (SMPD 13-37174)

eduardo89
07-17-2013, 01:26 PM
A fitting punishment should be that he has to forfeit two teeth and pays the victim restitution.

SeanTX
07-17-2013, 02:16 PM
Here's another nice one from today's news -- an off-duty Tuscon cop pulled a gun on a gas station clerk. Unfortunately for him he is a "probationary" officer -- the union may not be able to get him back on the job.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_23674364/off-duty-tucson-cop-accused-pointing-gun-at

Off-duty Tucson cop accused of pointing gun at gas station clerk
The Associated Press
Posted: 07/17/2013 12:02:40 AM MDT

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - A Tucson, Ariz., police officer has been fired after authorities say he pulled a gun on a gas station attendant while off duty and apparently intoxicated.

The Pima County Sheriff's Department notified Tucson police that 23-year-old Kyle James McCartin was arrested early Tuesday on two counts of aggravated assault.

Deputies were called to a Giant Gas Station and learned two men who appeared very intoxicated entered the store wearing bulletproof vests.

SNIP

bolil
07-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Well, grunts from pigs. I'd bet money this one was a 'veteran' I use quotes because now it seems veteran applies to anyone that dons a uniform and not exclusively those who've seen combat.

SeanTX
07-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Sorry, double post, was just trying to add a pic of the Tuscon officer in his bulletproof vest out terrorizing people -- I think it's a pretty good image of today's police :

http://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_1024w/2010-2019/Wires/Online/2013-07-17/AP/Images/Tucson%20Policeman%20Arrested.JPEG-0da58.jpg

tod evans
07-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Well, grunts from pigs. I'd bet money this one was a 'veteran' I use quotes because now it seems veteran applies to anyone that dons a uniform and not exclusively those who've seen combat.

I never saw combat...

Philhelm
07-17-2013, 03:34 PM
I never saw combat...

I saw combat, right over there that-a-way.

bolil
07-17-2013, 05:03 PM
I never saw combat...

I didn't put that the right way. Didn't even post that in the right place. I am rusty. Wait, it is in the right place. If you've ever been man handled by a cop who kept on hammering on about his service and how he did people over there... but you could whoop (if he didn't have a gun and tazer and partner and etc) you might understand why I am bitter regarding cops. My dad is a combat veteran, NEVER heard him talk about it but the pig that got me couldn't stfu about it.

PaulConventionWV
07-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Her mugshot, she's smiling, despite a few missing teeth. Why a kidnapping and assault victim has a "mugshot" I have no idea ... oh, never mind, the thug who assaulted her was wearing the magic costume of a state revenue collector, that's why.

The "Busted!" at the bottom of her pic is a nice touch. She needs to include this "bustedmugshots.com" site in her lawsuits.

http://www.bustedmugshots.com/image/get/listing/mug-shot-113398061.jpg

Alexis Elizabeth Alpha

Obstruction Or Retaliation-F3 (SMPD 13-37174)

Resist Arst-A (SMPD 13-37174)

Pi-C (SMPD 13-37174)

She's probably thinking about all the money she's going to get when she files a lawsuit.

SeanTX
07-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Something kind of interesting in this case of the Tucson cop wearing body armor and pointing a gun at a store clerk, another man in body armor was with him, but he hasn't been named yet, or arrested. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he's an officer too, but not a "probie" , so they aren't going to be too quick to throw him under the bus.