PDA

View Full Version : I Officially Reject Glenn Beck. This video changed me

FrankRep
07-17-2013, 01:47 AM
A+ job for the creator of this video. I reject Glenn Beck and won't promote him anymore.

Glenn Beck is Rat Poison: Mini Documentary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDCsfhEGrbc)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDCsfhEGrbc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDCsfhEGrbc

Glenn Beck likes to pretend he is a Libertarian. But he’s not, in fact he is not even close.

As the video here documents, Beck has hitched his wagon to a number of key statist initiatives, including the bankster bailout mega-swindle and the VAT, or value added tax, that would confiscate billions of dollars a year from an already tax besieged American middle class.

Beck also supports the PATRIOT Act, arguably the most un-libertarian single piece of legislation to pass through Congress in the past decade. If Beck supports the PATRIOT Act, it makes perfect sense he supports the police state and the destruction of liberty.

The video here also demonstrates how Beck has “riffed” off Alex Jones. Beck has filched Alex’s material wholesale, a fact so blatantly obvious it cannot be denied. And then Beck has the audacity to turn around and claim he experiences a visceral hatred and disgust for Jones, an animosity so deep he is unable to utter Alex’s name.

Running just shy of 35 minutes, this mini-documentary is a primer exposing the shill and fraudster Glenn Beck, a snake oil salesman who is attempting to not only capitalize on constitutionalists and libertarians, but turn the gullible and naïve away from the truth. Glenn Beck is not only rat poison. He is an operative inserted on the fringes of the liberty movement with a singular mission – destroy any real and viable opposition to the establishment.

Ender
07-17-2013, 01:53 AM
I rejected Beck after his "Ron Paul supporters are terrorists" BS.

GunnyFreedom
07-17-2013, 02:23 AM
Yeah, 2010 I used to say that Beck was dumb and misled, but that we should use him when he was useful. Debra Medina and 2012 cured me of that nonsense.

CPUd
07-17-2013, 02:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJkxBLgd5Hs

DamianTV
07-17-2013, 04:17 AM
Frankly Im suprised that anyone buys into any of his bs, at least on this forum.

The man (I use the term loosely) is a sheep (obviously completely blind) in wolves clothing. We are the wolves. He might sneak by a few of us, but we all have our guard up against just about every single traitor they send our way. There are some good people out there that truly do embrace the concept of Liberty.

Ben Swann
Judge Napolitano
Jesse Ventura

Please add to this list. But dont ever dare to put Becks or other pundits names on this list.

Coolidge/Dawes '24
07-17-2013, 04:19 AM
I'm with Penn Jilette on this one: Glenn Beck's change of heart on a litany of issues over the years is a testament to his rare authenticity and sincerity. He has openly admitted that he was "stupid" to buy into the whole GOP brainwashing campaign that led him to serve as a blind, water-carrying cheerleadering for the surveillance state, and has even rejected the mainstream neoconservative orthodoxy that he used to be such a hardcore defender of. (See the back cover of Neoconservatism: An Obituary for an Idea, for Beck's candid thoughts on the subject. He also continues to blast Bill Kristol and the folks at the Weekly Standard for their failed "democratic" escapade in Egypt, their starry-eyed Wilsonian adventurism, and their love affair with the never-blinking security apparatchiks who have the capacity to sketch out entire maps of our daily lives. He did a whole half-hour episode on Rand's epic thirteen-hour filibuster, raged against Rand's supposedly "conservative critics," and remarked that the Tea Party rallies were only the heartbeat of the movement - Rand's filibuster was its birth. Glenn and Rand frequently exchange emails back and forth whenever previously confidential information is leaked.) Believe it or not, pre-Snowden (who, by the way, Beck has exalted as the epitome of American patriotism), he also had NSA whistle-blowers on his program - not weeks, but months in advance. He recently ripped into Marco Rubio for being a traitorous "piece of garbage" (his words, not mine) and still tries to keep in touch with the Judge every so often. He also cooked a cake and busted out the confetti and noisemakers to mark the beginning of the end of the Grand Old Party. He's certainly not perfect, but he's made a lot of progress. And, might I add, Beck is the reason I went from being a mainline Hillary booster to a libertarian-minded right-winger. Many others have testified as much. Oh, and he railed against military intervention in Syria, in addition to North Korean war propaganda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpMs3dg4Zik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dAKxx4PeNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nklaF6W79ac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IIcjnAQVp0

QuickZ06
07-17-2013, 04:40 AM
Did you really need a documentary to see through the lies??? Is this still RPF?

compromise
07-17-2013, 04:48 AM
Beck actually opposes the Patriot Act now. He changed his mind, just as Walter Jones did.

Cap
07-17-2013, 05:19 AM
I would not be opposed if every thread on RPF that pimps this asshole just magically disappeared.

dinosaur
07-17-2013, 05:38 AM
He has openly admitted that he was "stupid" to buy into the whole GOP brainwashing campaign that led him to serve as a blind, water-carrying cheerleadering for the surveillance state, and has even rejected the mainstream neoconservative orthodoxy that he used to be such a hardcore defender of.

Examine your premise. Back in his CNN day, before Beck carried water for the GOP, he was an independent-minded critic of Bush II foreign policy. He was never "stupid" and he was never "brainwashed". He was an opponent of neoconseratism and the Iraq war BEFORE he became a supporter of mideast wars.

Pistis
07-17-2013, 06:14 AM
The Debra Medina situation did it for me. That was the mother of all hatchet jobs, the only thing missing was a knife in Medina's back.

Wholeheartedly supporting Rand Paul for the 2016 presidential race will soften my stance towards Beck but I won't ever trust his intentions.

cajuncocoa
07-17-2013, 06:15 AM
A+ job for the creator of this video. I reject Glenn Beck and won't promote him anymore.
That took longer than it should have, but I congratulate you for coming around.

amy31416
07-17-2013, 06:17 AM
If FrankRep can come around, anyone can. :)

Todd
07-17-2013, 06:18 AM
Beck actually opposes the Patriot Act now. He changed his mind, just as Walter Jones did.

Because it's now politically expedient to do so. What you start to see about the Politico-Entertainment biz is that they morph to the flavor of the week. The flavor o' the week is now Civil liberties.

cajuncocoa
07-17-2013, 06:20 AM
Because it's now politically expedient to do so. What you start to see about the Politico-Entertainment biz is that they morph to the flavor of the week. The flavor o' the week is now Civil liberties.

Yes, and I will add that's only because the Blue Team is occupying the White House.

V3n
07-17-2013, 06:27 AM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/189/0/2/rainbow_bunchie_by_lord_tourettes-d3lewyh.gif

PaulConventionWV
07-17-2013, 06:35 AM

Wow, he must really be coming around this time, for real!

PaulConventionWV
07-17-2013, 06:36 AM
I'm with Penn Jilette on this one: Glenn Beck's change of heart on a litany of issues over the years is a testament to his rare authenticity and sincerity. He has openly admitted that he was "stupid" to buy into the whole GOP brainwashing campaign that led him to serve as a blind, water-carrying cheerleadering for the surveillance state, and has even rejected the mainstream neoconservative orthodoxy that he used to be such a hardcore defender of. (See the back cover of Neoconservatism: An Obituary for an Idea, for Beck's candid thoughts on the subject. He also continues to blast Bill Kristol and the folks at the Weekly Standard for their failed "democratic" escapade in Egypt, their starry-eyed Wilsonian adventurism, and their love affair with the never-blinking security apparatchiks who have the capacity to sketch out entire maps of our daily lives. He did a whole half-hour episode on Rand's epic thirteen-hour filibuster, raged against Rand's supposedly "conservative critics," and remarked that the Tea Party rallies were only the heartbeat of the movement - Rand's filibuster was its birth. Glenn and Rand frequently exchange emails back and forth whenever previously confidential information is leaked.) Believe it or not, pre-Snowden (who, by the way, Beck has exalted as the epitome of American patriotism), he also had NSA whistle-blowers on his program - not weeks, but months in advance. He recently ripped into Marco Rubio for being a traitorous "piece of garbage" (his words, not mine) and still tries to keep in touch with the Judge every so often. He also cooked a cake and busted out the confetti and noisemakers to mark the beginning of the end of the Grand Old Party. He's certainly not perfect, but he's made a lot of progress. And, might I add, Beck is the reason I went from being a mainline Hillary booster to a libertarian-minded right-winger. Many others have testified as much. Oh, and he railed against military intervention in Syria, in addition to North Korean war propaganda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpMs3dg4Zik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dAKxx4PeNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nklaF6W79ac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IIcjnAQVp0

Aren't rapid and frequent changes of heart usually a sign of the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of sincerity?

Origanalist
07-17-2013, 06:53 AM
I reject Glenn Beck and won't promote him anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Coolidge/Dawes '24
07-17-2013, 06:54 AM
Examine your premise. Back in his CNN day, before Beck carried water for the GOP, he was an independent-minded critic of Bush II foreign policy. He was never "stupid" and he was never "brainwashed". He was an opponent of neoconseratism and the Iraq war BEFORE he became a supporter of mideast wars.

I'll be more than happy to respond to that if you cite or source him going off the handle at the Bush administration on anything other than immigration prior to his ongoing conversion to (as the John Birch Society called it) paleoconservatism. I remember him and Pat Buchanan (who are still close confidants, by the way) debating this during his stint on CNN, with Beck on the pro-Bush side (he has since turned over a new leaf on Bush, which is especially apparent in Beck's chapter on the Bush presidency in Broke).

I've been following this guy pretty avidly for the past four years or so, and his anti-police state chapter in Cowards was actually penned before civil libertarianism became the "Flavor of the Month," in addition to his interviews with NSA leakers and screeching reversal on the Patriot Act. Beck has been a work in progress for quite some time now.

Yes, and I will add that's only because the Blue Team is occupying the White House.

Beck has also been raving against members of "Team Red" on their police state zealotry as well.. namely Peter King, Bill Kristol, and Lindsey Graham.

Aren't rapid and frequent changes of heart usually a sign of the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of sincerity?

These changes have actually occurred pretty gradually. Penn's thesis does clash with the conventional wisdom, though, I must admit. As a close friend of Beck's, he's observed that Beck is pretty conciliatory and introspective when called out on his inconsistencies, which Penn thinks is emblematic of an open-minded willingness to challenge even his own thinking.

dinosaur
07-17-2013, 07:14 AM
I'll be more than happy to respond to that if you cite or source him going off the handle at the Bush administration on anything other than immigration prior to his ongoing conversion to (as the John Birch Society called it) paleoconservatism. I remember him and Pat Buchanan (who are still close confidants, by the way) debating this during his stint on CNN, with Beck on the pro-Bush side (he has since turned over a new leaf on Bush, which is especially apparent in Beck's chapter on the Bush presidency in Broke).

Beck used to make his lack of support for Bush very clear, and the Iraq war was one of the top reasons. I used to watch him all the time, but have no idea how to get old CNN video. Buchanan has been consistent about his lack of support for the Iraq war. Buchanan was one of the lone dissenting voices against it before it happened, one of the first to identify the new phenomenon of neoconservatism back in the day, and has always been willing to risk his career speaking out against intervention on behalf of Israel. The paleoconservative position is anti-interventionist. Don't think for a minute that Buchanan trusts Beck enough to consider him a confidant.

WM_in_MO
07-17-2013, 07:17 AM
Did you really need a documentary to see through the lies??? Is this still RPF?
No, it's not. The Zimmerman trial changed all that.

This is Treyvon forest.

Pericles
07-17-2013, 07:42 AM
I'd suggest to the candid observer that Beck and his audience are typical of the people that we need to reach in oder to get sufficient numbers of people on board with more realistic libertarian principles if we are to achieve meaningful success via the political process. Knowing how they are motivated is therefore, useful.

ghengis86
07-17-2013, 08:10 AM
I just don't get the people that need someone to tell them what to think. Guys I work with listen to Beck religiously and I can't for the life of me understand. They regurgitate his talking pints verbatim and can't form any opinion on their own. Boggles the mind really.

But whatever. These "Glenn Beck's a great/terrible guy" threads are getting old.

dinosaur
07-17-2013, 08:21 AM
I just don't get the people that need someone to tell them what to think. Guys I work with listen to Beck religiously and I can't for the life of me understand. They regurgitate his talking pints verbatim and can't form any opinion on their own. Boggles the mind really.

But whatever. These "Glenn Beck's a great/terrible guy" threads are getting old.

Beck has an influential role and can't be ignored. His listeners are are natural allies and he has the power right now to steer them.

AuH20
07-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Whomever looks for step-by-step guidance from media personalities needs their head examined and that applies to the disciples of Jones, Beck, Levin or Kokesh. With that said, they at least discuss topics that the MSM considers taboo and implore their audiences to do their own research. For example, I listen to Beck on occasion and have purchased his books yet I haven't voted for a major political party figure in over two presidential cycles (2008 Barr, 2012 Goode). So your mileage may vary.

I think many folks become too focused on the personalities as opposed to the general content. Beck is not Lysander Spooner but by the same token he isn't the Anti-Christ. Heck, he hangs out with Penn Jilette, Andrew Napolitano and Vince Vaughn for crying out loud. I'm pretty certain they would be able to ascertain Beck's nefarious goals firsthand, but this fact won't stop the "Beck is the Anti-Christ" threads.

BlackTerrel
07-17-2013, 08:50 AM
Whomever looks for step-by-step guidance from media personalities needs their head examined and that applies to the disciples of Jones, Beck, Levin or Kokesh. With that said, they at least discuss topics that the MSM considers taboo and implore their audiences to do their own research. For example, I listen to Beck on occasion and have purchased his books yet I haven't voted for a major political party figure in over two presidential cycles (2008 Barr, 2012 Goode). So your mileage may vary.

I think many folks become too focused on the personalities as opposed to the general content. Beck is not Lysander Spooner but by the same token he isn't the Anti-Christ. Heck, he hangs out with Penn Jilette, Andrew Napolitano and Vince Vaughn for crying out loud. I'm pretty certain they would be able to ascertain Beck's nefarious goals firsthand, but this fact won't stop the "Beck is the Anti-Christ" threads.

This.

There has to be some middle ground between perfection and evil. And not everyone who disagrees with you on certain topics is a tool or brainwashed. Sometimes people just disagree.

heavenlyboy34
07-17-2013, 09:17 AM
Did you really need a documentary to see through the lies??? Is this still RPF?+1

angelatc
07-17-2013, 09:28 AM

And he will change it right back as soon as it is politically expedient to do so. He's a trap. I started to watch the video, but as soon as I saw Alex Jones I turned it off. His presence in it unfortunately relegates it to the status of preaching to the choir.

FrankRep
07-17-2013, 09:34 AM
It's not like I listened to his show that much, I mainly saw his news clips.

"Rat poison" is a good description. 95% good food, %5 deadly poison.

whippoorwill
07-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Thanks! Bump and stuff.

mczerone
07-17-2013, 09:45 AM

I appreciate what Penn has said, but I still don't trust Beck.

If he keeps growing, keeps admitting fault, and actually comes out and cogently explains his philosophy, he might be an ally.

But I'd always be looking for that time when he pulls the knife to stab the liberty movement in the back.

jllundqu
07-17-2013, 10:03 AM
Jesus.... help us.

Once again, folks. Beck talks a good game until elections time. Where the rubber meets the road, Beck is a statist through and through.

Come 2014, Beck will be singing the praises of statism and come 2016 he will be 'warning' of how he's 'not sure about Rand' and how 'Rubio really does seem to be the best candidate.'

He is VERY entertaining to listen to, as is AJ, as long as you have some basic critical thinking skills and know how to sift the BS from the truth.

Mark my words. His true colors always shine through when it counts.

donnay
07-17-2013, 10:06 AM

It's part of the war on for your mind. All done by design. Glenn is a great actor and has been able to suck people into his theatrics and lies.

Once you do the research and your eyes are truly opened by the propaganda (basically taking the red pill) there is no turning back. I am glad I have been awake for years and able to weed through all the Judas' in the industry.

I knew Glenn Beck was a shill and sold his soul about 20 years ago. His fault is the love of money.

Czolgosz
07-17-2013, 10:13 AM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif @ the desire to have all these talkshow puppets actually be for freedumb.

CPUd
07-17-2013, 10:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RMZ22bt.jpg

kahless
07-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Alex Jones nailed it in his comments about Beck at the beginning of that video.

I think people need to be careful when attacking Beck not to attack him as a whole but to attack him specifically for his hypocrisy as not to harm your own message. Otherwise to the average Joe not paying attention it will come off like it is Progressive hatred of Beck rather than genuine Libertarian opposition.

With that said I think people waste too much energy attacking him here when most of the MSM is far worse and has a more broader reach than Beck.

AuH20
07-17-2013, 10:32 AM

I think people need to be careful when attacking Beck not to attack him as a whole but to attack him specifically for his hypocrisy as not to harm your own message. Otherwise to the average Joe not paying attention it will come off like it is Progressive hatred of Beck rather than genuine Libertarian opposition.

With that said I think people waste too much energy attacking him here when most of the MSM is far worse and has a more broader reach than Beck.

Ding! ding! We are an extreme minority nationally and we have people creating this grand conspiracy about Beck that doesn't hold water. I'm not saying to trust him, but some of the over-the-top criticism speaks volumes about the insecurities of the critics as opposed to Beck's personal viewpoints. Beck says things I don't agree with (Lincoln and MLK worship among other policy positions) but he's not even in the top 10,000 enemies of this county who largely reside in D.C., Manhattan and the many state capitols.

donnay
07-17-2013, 10:33 AM

Beck tries to get people to think he is the alternative news. Most people are turning away from MSM--their ratings are plummeting. Going to Beck for alternative news is a trap--plain and simple.

dinosaur
07-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Ding! ding! We are an extreme minority nationally and we have people creating this grand conspiracy about Beck that doesn't hold water. I'm not saying to trust him, but some of the over-the-top criticism speaks volumes about the insecurities of the critics as opposed to Beck's personal viewpoints. Beck says things I don't agree with (Lincoln and MLK worship among other policy positions) but he's not even in the top 10,000 enemies of this county who largely reside in D.C., Manhattan and state capitols.

Those that have the power to sway the primary certainly are among the big boys. Yes, I guess we should all be more careful how we approach our criticism, mostly because we need to unite with his audience, but you are wrong about it being merely a matter of disagreement on issues. I don't have a problem with Beck because of the issues, I have a problem with him seeking and gaining an audience for the sole purpose of being their pied piper. He betrays his audience when he sells them false conspiracy theories and leads them away from the non-statist candidates...now what would be the most simple explanation for why a smart person would do that?

Pericles
07-17-2013, 10:50 AM

In America, a minority undertake to supply a number of ready made opinions for the use of the majority, who are thus relieved of the necessity of thinking for themselves. - From Democracy in America

It was ever thus.

Thor
07-17-2013, 10:51 AM
The scull and crossbones thing at the very end was interesting. Starting at 33:50, Beck talks about how the Nazi's who are given a hat with Skull and Crossbones might wonder if they are on the wrong side, then it shows quick snapshots of Beck and his set with skull and crossbones in different spots... (quickly hit pause and play and pause and play to see each snap shot.)

I have said it before, and I will say it again... Buck Feck.

FSP-Rebel
07-17-2013, 10:57 AM
My all time favorite that I have to give credit for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7imejrYNqyA

Carlybee
07-17-2013, 11:07 AM
<< rejecting Beck since 2003

FSP-Rebel
07-17-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm thoroughly surprised everyone on this board doesn't listen to FTL since they can't stand anyone else. You'll get so much iconoclastic anarchism and anti-Rand speak that you might not even have the stomach for it.

ZENemy
07-17-2013, 11:13 AM
I think he is starting to get it

:D

jmdrake
07-17-2013, 11:23 AM

Sure. With Obama as president and with everyone on the right trying to pretend they are Rand Paul.

Joe3113
07-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi there. I made the video. If you like it can you please rate me 5 stars and make a good comment at the Paul Revere Contest Website.

Link below ...

http://www.infowars.com/paulrevere/propaganda/glenn-beck-is-rat-poison/

Happy to Answer any questions or criticisms.

The video is meant to point out that 99% of what Beck says is usually good, but the 1% tends to occur on critical issues at critical times.

Also, think about this for a moment. When did Glenn Beck start "seeing the light" on certain issues? It was right at the end of George Bush's reign, during his lame duck period, when the Democrats were almost a certainty to win. A little convenient, don't you think? He only started getting full-on when he got to FOX, when Obama was well and truly in.

He likes to occupy the territory of popular/liberty resistance and then restrict its scope.

And what about the "big announcements" that will "change America" and "bring down the establishment"? ... Then nothing happens.

Thanks

Anthony

dinosaur
07-17-2013, 11:28 AM
Sure. With Obama as president and with everyone on the right trying to pretend they are Rand Paul.

Exactly, Beck is no exception. But somehow his repentance is seen as genuine. Is it the tears?

AuH20
07-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Hi there. I made the video. If you like it can you please rate me 5 stars and make a good comment at the Paul Revere Contest Website.

Link below ...

http://www.infowars.com/paulrevere/propaganda/glenn-beck-is-rat-poison/

Happy to Answer any questions or criticisms.

The video is meant to point out that 99% of what Beck says is usually good, but the 1% tends to occur on critical issues at critical times.

Also, think about this for a moment. When did Glenn Beck start "seeing the light" on certain issues? It was right at the end of George Bush's reign, during his lame duck period, when the Democrats were almost a certainty to win. A little convenient, don't you think? He only started getting full-on when he got to FOX, when Obama was well and truly in.

He likes to occupy the territory of popular/liberty resistance and then restrict its scope.

And what about the "big announcements" that will "change America" and "bring down the establishment"? ... Then nothing happens.

Thanks

Anthony

Beck has faults, but he's never been a GOP stooge. In particular, his CPAC speech infuriated members of the party as well as the loyalists in the media.

http://dailybail.com/home/glenn-beck-at-cpac-hello-my-name-is-the-republican-party-and.html

■"One party will tax and spend. One party won't tax and will spend. It is both of them together."
■"But it is not enough just to not suck as much as the other side."
■"I have not heard people in the Republican Party admit yet that they have a problem. I haven't seen the Come-To-Jesus moment from Republicans yet."
■"I’m a – I’m a recovering alcoholic. I’m a recovering alcoholic, and um, I screwed up my life six ways to Sunday, and I believe in redemption. But the first step to getting redemption is you’ve got to admit you’ve got a problem. I have not heard people in the Republican Party yet admit that they have a problem. And when they do say they have a problem I don’t know if I believe them. I haven’t seen the come to Jesus moment of the Republican Party yet. I’ve voted Republicans almost every time in – every time I’ve gone. I – I don’t know what they even stand for any more. And they’ve got to recognize that they have a problem. Hello! My name is the Republican Party and I’ve got a problem. I’m addicted to spending and big government."
■"I’d like one of them – I’d like one of them to just stand up and say that. I’d like that V-8 moment where they’re like, ah, crap, I get it now. I’m addicted to spending and I just don’t want to spend today. Good, keep coming back."

Joe3113
07-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Why then, on the day of the Iowa Caucus, would he come out and snipe Ron Paul down?

Remember, Ron Paul was LEADING in the polls.

He tried to link Ron Paul to George Soros, and went on a long rant about the newsletters on the radio show.

Most people make their decision on who to vote for VERY LATE in the process.

Beck knows that. He knows the critical times to attack. He knows most people don't have the time or ability to closely analyse his flip-flops and deceptions.

cajuncocoa
07-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Beck has faults, but he's never been a GOP stooge.

Glenn Beck's problem is not about partisanship....it's about ideology. It doesn't matter if his voter ID card says "R" or "I" or "no party"....he still embraces the ideology of a neoconservative.

HigherVision
07-17-2013, 12:05 PM
He is a real snake. So is Michael Savage. I think it's possible that these guys were put in the positions they're in deliberately by our enemies.

AuH20
07-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Glenn Beck's problem is not about partisanship....it's about ideology. It doesn't matter if his voter ID card says "R" or "I" or "no party"....he still embraces the ideology of a neoconservative.

I think you're conflating neoconservative with a conservative who doesn't want to abolish the military quite yet. You know the so-called mainstream conservatives do the same thing to both paleos and libertarians by intentionally mislabeling them as drug addled surrender monkeys. There are many different factions as opposed to just neoconservative and liberty lover. The ideological landscape is far more complex than that.

dinosaur
07-17-2013, 12:18 PM
Why then, on the day of the Iowa Caucus, would he come out and snipe Ron Paul down?

Remember, Ron Paul was LEADING in the polls.

He tried to link Ron Paul to George Soros, and went on a long rant about the newsletters on the radio show.

Most people make their decision on who to vote for VERY LATE in the process.

Beck knows that. He knows the critical times to attack. He knows most people don't have the time or ability to closely analyse his flip-flops and deceptions.

Linking Ron to Soros? Wow, after building up Soros as the major boogeyman of the world, and making a conspiracy chart proving that Soros was the reason why our economy was going to crash.

cajuncocoa
07-17-2013, 12:23 PM
I think you're conflating neoconservative with a conservative who doesn't want to abolish the military quite yet. You know the so-called mainstream conservatives do the same thing to both paleos and libertarians by intentionally mislabeling them as drug addled surrender monkeys. There are many different factions as opposed to just neoconservative and liberty lover. The ideological landscape is far more complex than that.

Nothing to do with wanting to abolish the military...I'm basing my opinion of Beck as a neoconservative on his self-admitted unconditional support for Israel.

I'll admit, I don't listen to him regularly, so feel free to correct me (with proof) if that has changed.

bunklocoempire
07-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Liberty doesn't do well with the human baggage of doubt or fear or pride and the amount of doubt fear and pride pushed by anyone supposedly pushing liberty is very telling.

Liberty is like a baseline for reality or truth and any emotional garbage attached to it impairs its appeal and spread.

Irks me to no end.:mad:

AuH20
07-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Nothing to do with wanting to abolish the military...I'm basing my opinion of Beck as a neoconservative on his self-admitted unconditional support for Israel.

I'll admit, I don't listen to him regularly, so feel free to correct me (with proof) if that has changed.

Supporting Israel does not make one a neoconservative. Neoconservatism is largely predicated upon spreading a fascist view of order and crony capitalism throughout the entire world. It doesn't stop at the borders of Israel, hence the Iraq war meme of "spreading democracy."

cajuncocoa
07-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Supporting Israel does not make one a neoconservative. Neoconservatism is largely predicated upon spreading a fascist view of order and crony capitalism throughout the entire world. It doesn't stop at the borders of Israel, hence the Iraq war meme of "spreading democracy."
I didn't suggest that it stopped at the borders of Israel. But protection of Israel is frequently at the heart and center of these foreign wars in which we involve our military.

dinosaur
07-17-2013, 12:37 PM

I agree with your statement and consider myself pro-Israel and anti-intervention. But Beck scares people with rumors of war concerning the muslim imam, and made a statement about how everything is going to come down to choosing side...are you with or against Israel. He sells our current foreign policy by using religion to convince people that we need to be over there fighting muslims, but is subtle about it.

AuH20
07-17-2013, 12:40 PM
I didn't suggest that it stopped at the borders of Israel. But protection of Israel is frequently at the heart and center of these foreign wars in which we involve our military.

True. But any true neoconservative wants to intervene on every continent. Beck has never stated such lust and has gone on the record condemning such foolishness. With that said, his attraction towards Israel is largely biblical, in that he believes that if Israel falls than the U.S. is at risk. I personally disagree with him on the account that the resources aren't simply there to fight and defeat 300 million muslims in the event it spirals out of control. There is no net gain.

cajuncocoa
07-17-2013, 12:42 PM
I agree with your statement and consider myself pro-Israel and anti-intervention. But Beck scares people with rumors of war concerning the muslim imam, and made a statement about how everything is going to come down to choosing side...are you with or against Israel. He sells our current foreign policy by using religion to convince people that we need to be over there fighting muslims, but is subtle about it.From the Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism) entry on Neoconservatism:

Today's neo-conservatives unite around three common themes:

A belief deriving from religious conviction that the human condition is defined as a choice between good and evil and that the true measure of political character is to be found in the willingness by the former (themselves) to confront the latter.
An assertion that the fundamental determinant of the relationship between states rests on military power and the willingness to use it.
A primary focus on the Middle East and global Islam as the principal theater for American overseas interests.

In putting these themes into practice, neo-conservatives:

Analyze international issues in black-and-white, absolute moral categories. They are fortified by a conviction that they alone hold the moral high ground and argue that disagreement is tantamount to defeatism.
Focus on the "unipolar" power of the United States, seeing the use of military force as the first, not the last, option of foreign policy. They repudiate the "lessons of Vietnam," which they interpret as undermining American will toward the use of force, and embrace the "lessons of Munich," interpreted as establishing the virtues of preemptive military action.
Disdain conventional diplomatic agencies such as the State Department and conventional country-specific, realist, and pragmatic, analysis. They are hostile toward nonmilitary multilateral institutions and instinctively antagonistic toward international treaties and agreements. "Global unilateralism" is their watchword. They are fortified by international criticism, believing that it confirms American virtue.

Look to the Reagan administration as the exemplar of all these virtues and seek to establish their version of Reagan's legacy as the Republican and national orthodoxy.[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism#cite_note-America_Alone-4):11Seems to fit Beck to a T.

AuH20
07-17-2013, 12:44 PM
I agree with your statement and consider myself pro-Israel and anti-intervention. But Beck scares people with rumors of war concerning the muslim imam, and made a statement about how everything is going to come down to choosing side...are you with or against Israel. He sells our current foreign policy by using religion to convince people that we need to be over there fighting muslims, but is subtle about it.

Muslim fanaticism is a real and present danger. It isn't a fabrication, but in terms of national priorities it's way down the line.

dinosaur
07-17-2013, 12:53 PM
From the Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism) entry on Neoconservatism:
Seems to fit Beck to a T.

IMO he is one because he aids their cause but the wiki definition is flawed. It is about power for the globalists. The israel-first evangelicals are just being duped by people selling lies to them.

dinosaur
07-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Muslim fanaticism is a real and present danger. It isn't a fabrication, but in terms of national priorities it's way down the line.

I actually agree with you, but we are creating the problem. If we were really afraid of muslims, we would leave them in the stone age and not be arming and training them.

donnay
07-17-2013, 12:56 PM

PNAC - Project For The New American Century. Zionist agenda.

"By Way of Deception, thou shalt do War" ~ Motto of the Mossad

cajuncocoa
07-17-2013, 12:56 PM
IMO he is one because he aids their cause but the wiki definition is flawed. It is about power, not religion. The israel-first evangelicals are just being duped by people selling lies to them.

Of course. Many of them are using religion (hence, Israel) to advance their cause to gain power. And it works.

cajuncocoa
07-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Let's revisit an example of Glenn Beck wisdom (sarcasm) from last week. Tell me just what is conservative -- as opposed to neoconservative -- about this:

Beck Says to Shoot Gitmo Prisoners in the Head (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?420859-Beck-Says-to-Shoot-Gitmo-Prisoners-in-the-Head)

DamianTV
07-17-2013, 01:45 PM
So beck changed his ways and has chosen to support Liberty?

Beck Says to Shoot Gitmo Prisoners in the Head (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?420859-Beck-Says-to-Shoot-Gitmo-Prisoners-in-the-Head)

I'd say he is genuinely full of shit, but people here for some reason are not smelling the shit that he shat for what it really is. I'll put it this way. He says he supports liberty, but really you should know that he is LYING.

GunnyFreedom
07-17-2013, 03:30 PM
I'd suggest to the candid observer that Beck and his audience are typical of the people that we need to reach in oder to get sufficient numbers of people on board with more realistic libertarian principles if we are to achieve meaningful success via the political process. Knowing how they are motivated is therefore, useful.

Beck's audience I would agree. Beck himself, you can pretty much give up on. Six years now Beck says all the right things to win trust, and then at the critical moment does everything he can to divert that trust back to the status quo. He's done that consistently for 6 years, he's not changing now.

purplechoe
07-17-2013, 03:31 PM

What about Jewish fanaticism? These people believe that the land was given to them by God thousands of years ago and which hasn't been a Jewish nation to thousands more. Please check you Muslim fanaticism problem BS unless you're willing to admit that the other side is just as fanatical in it's dogma...

Conza88
07-21-2013, 08:17 AM
Boom. Well done.