PDA

View Full Version : Police Ordered to STAND DOWN as Trayvon Protests Turn Violent (Divide & Conquer) (VIDEO)

paul-for-liberty
07-16-2013, 07:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V44omz31xqo

Brian4Liberty
07-16-2013, 07:52 PM
Some good points there. He may want to work on making a more concise and shorter version. Definitely too long.

It took over 8 minutes to get to the relevant points: Follow the money. The Police budget is based on crime, and the perception of crime. They want bigger budgets, so they let things happen. There have been budget cuts. Never underestimate vindictiveness either. Local government is infamous for making the public "feel the pain" first if their budgets get cut. Cut their budget? They will let some windows get smashed.

The video also talked about bigger picture issues like the prison-police-industrial complex...

FrankRep
07-16-2013, 07:56 PM
If the Riot Police didn't stand down, people will be yelling "Police Brutality."

Don't start nothin', there won't be nothin'

Brian4Liberty
07-16-2013, 09:48 PM
If the Riot Police didn't stand down, people will be yelling "Police Brutality."

Don't start nothin', there won't be nothin'

Yeah, that's another motivation. Ironic. They don't do their jobs because they might be criticized. Legal CYA. Sounds like there may be a (potential) cost / benefit (to Police and City) calculation taking place. Doing nothing is less expensive than the damage done by vandals. The only losers are the small business owners and workers who take a hammer to the face.

Bottom line: you're on your own.

Zippyjuan
07-16-2013, 09:52 PM
"Police stand down" ?- but I thought they were supposed to exploit the issue and declare Martial Law and arrest everyone- even the innocent?

TheGrinch
07-16-2013, 10:15 PM
"Police stand down" ?- but I thought they were supposed to exploit the issue and declare Martial Law and arrest everyone- even the innocent?

Well, what's your theory for why they stood down in this situation, unlike virtually every other protest and excuse for state force?

Maybe, just maybe, there are more motives at play than just martial law... Or perhaps, if you wanted martial law, allowing some destruction and unruliness on a divisive racial issue might be a good way to feed into that interest down the road as it only increases the divide.

TLDR: stop being a troll.

ClydeCoulter
07-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Crimefighters need crime, prisons need prisoners, preachers need sinners, doctors and hospitals need patients, politicians need problems to legislate, ...

mrsat_98
07-17-2013, 06:04 AM

arrest everyone, hah can't you see the friggin fence around dis hear animal farm or are you the designated blind bat here on the farm.

KEEF
07-17-2013, 06:13 AM
Crimefighters need crime, prisons need prisoners, preachers need sinners, doctors and hospitals need patients, politicians need problems to legislate, ...
Your post made me think of the great Stevie Wonder song redone by probably my favorite bands growing up the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
People keep on learnin'
Soldiers keep on warrin'
World keep on turnin'
Cause it won't be too long

Powers keep on lyin'
While your people keep on dyin'
World keep on turnin'

I'm so darn glad he let me try it again
Cause my last time on earth I lived a whole world of sin
I'm so glad that I know more than I knew then
Gonna keep on tryin'
Till I reach my highest ground

Teachers keep on teachin'
Preachers keep on preachin'
World keep on turnin'
Oh no

Lovers keep on lovin'
Believers keep on believin'
Sleepers just stop sleepin'
Oh no

I'm so glad that he let me try it again
Cause my last time on earth I lived a whole world of sin
I'm so glad that I know more than I knew then
Gonna keep on tryin'
Till I reach my highest ground...Whew!

No one's gonna bring me down
Oh no
Don't let nobody bring you down (they'll sho 'nuff try)
God is gonna show you higher ground
He's the only friend you have around
[FADE]

BlackTerrel
07-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Well, what's your theory for why they stood down in this situation, unlike virtually every other protest and excuse for state force?

Pretty sure engaging the protestors would have made things worse. Like it usually does. So they actually wanted to diffuse the situation.

Maybe, just maybe, there are more motives at play than just martial law... Or perhaps, if you wanted martial law, allowing some destruction and unruliness on a divisive racial issue might be a good way to feed into that interest down the road as it only increases the divide.

TLDR: stop being a troll.

Except for the comments we had here pre-verdict that Obama was going to use this to start a race war and/or martial law. Wrong again yet it doesn't slow anyone down on the theories.