PDA

View Full Version : Boston Police Officer Tests Positive for Cocaine, Blames Donuts

Keith and stuff
07-16-2013, 04:43 PM
Boston Police Officer Tests Positive for Cocaine, Blames Donuts
Authored by William Melton 15pc on March 14, 2013
http://www.beyondbars.org/boston_police_officer_tests_positive_cocaine_blame s_donuts

In a bizarre story from the Boston Herald, a police officer fired for testing positive for cocaine claimed that he had not actually used the drug. Nope, he has a much stranger explanation for the incriminating results:

He brushed white powder off the seat of his cruiser, which he "assumed was confectionery powder from doughnuts." He also said he lived in a townhouse that shared a heating vent with neighbors who were crack smokers, records state.

Yes, this police officer really blamed his failed drug test on donut sugar and crackheads. Meanwhile, one of his peers who was also fired for cocaine claimed to have a "habit of putting drugs…from suspects in his pocket where he also kept cookies to eat."

Unfortunately for them, the commission in charge wasn't buying their explanations and they will both remained fired. However, this story doesn't stop there. Six other officers who were also fired after testing positive for cocaine challenged the reliability of the hair follicle testing used to condemn them – and they won. Brushing aside the question of what's going on with Boston police officers and cocaine, these six men will now be getting their jobs back along with all their missed pay.

So, to recap, tens of thousands sit in prison for simple drug possession while the people in charge of fighting the war on drugs test positive for cocaine use and a lot of them get re-hired with back pay. Too bad the justice system doesn't work that swell for everyone.

For more, sign up at the top right and receive exclusive updates and content from Beyond Bars.

eduardo89
07-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Cops should be drug tested monthly and be subject to the exact same minimum sentences we mundanes are.

phill4paul
07-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Boston eh? Those cops are allowed grenades and bomb material with nothing more than a slap on the wrist too.

Antischism
07-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Gives a whole new meaning to powdered donuts.

QuickZ06
07-16-2013, 05:16 PM
This is too much, powder donuts. Really man you are going to bring donuts as the cause into this. The memes have to be coming.

QuickZ06
07-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Cops should be drug tested monthly and be subject to the exact same minimum sentences we mundanes are.

They should actually be given the maximum sentencing. We are told to hold these citizens to a higher standard why not higher sentences when they break the same laws they enforce?

phill4paul
07-16-2013, 05:22 PM
This is too much, powder donuts. Really man you are going to bring donuts as the cause into this. The memes have to be coming.

Was gonna make one. Turns out they are already out there........lol.

http://i.qkme.me/51aw.jpg

Mr.NoSmile
07-16-2013, 05:28 PM
I don't know how many people here ever watched Perfect Strangers or Family Matters, but this is almost exactly like a scene from Perfect Strangers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ39lywANPs

tod evans
07-16-2013, 05:39 PM
As much as I despise governments enforcer class, even those lowly pieces of shit should be free to consume the drugs of their own choosing, just like any other citizen.

Working Poor
07-16-2013, 05:58 PM
As much as I despise governments enforcer class, even those lowly pieces of shit should be free to consume the drugs of their own choosing, just like any other citizen.
Yea but since it is illegal and thet put people in prison for it they ought to be held to the same stsndsrds.How many people havr gone to jail or lost theor jobs over this crap wile they get reinstated and back pay? This pisses me off.

Origanalist
07-16-2013, 05:59 PM
So, to recap, tens of thousands sit in prison for simple drug possession while the people in charge of fighting the war on drugs test positive for cocaine use and a lot of them get re-hired with back pay. Too bad the justice system doesn't work that swell for everyone.

That's just plain infuriating.

Origanalist
07-16-2013, 06:02 PM
Yea but since it is illegal and thet put people in prison for it they ought to be held to the same stsndsrds.How many people havr gone to jail or lost theor jobs over this crap wile they get reinstated and back pay? This pisses me off.

I have to disagree too Tod. How many people have these bastards sent to prison for exactly what they are doing? They should serve the sentences of each and every one of those. Instead they're getting their stinking jobs back.

tod evans
07-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Oh, I'd certainly be good with punishing cops for sending stoners to prison, that's far more criminal in my eyes than doing drugs.

Maybe sentence them year for year amount of time served by those they busted...

Scrapmo
07-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Hair follicle tests accuracy seems to be inversely related to the governmental position of the person being tested.

BlackTerrel
07-16-2013, 06:39 PM
The donut thing is just too easy. I have too many jokes on this one.

AFPVet
07-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Gives a whole new meaning to powdered donuts.

+ rep lolz

Origanalist
07-16-2013, 07:46 PM
What a sad, sniveling legacy we have become from what this country started started out as. I don't know what else to say.

Dr.3D
07-16-2013, 07:48 PM
I can imagine how easy it is to get rid of an officer none of the others likes. All they need to do is drop just a little coke in his soda when he isn't looking and then watch the fireworks when his drug test comes back positive.