PDA

View Full Version : Brit Cops Stole IDs Of Dead Kids, Officers Undercover For Years

angelatc
07-16-2013, 08:44 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23324783

In a nutshell, cops needing to create undercover personas used the identities of children who died young, and constructed pasts that would stand up to scrutiny by anybody who suspected something amiss.

The officers in the program were often estranged from their friends and loved ones for years while working the case.

The suspects being monitored weren't international mafia members, money launderers or drug traffickers. They were ...... antiwar protestors.

pcosmar
07-16-2013, 09:20 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23324783

In a nutshell, cops needing to create undercover personas used the identities of children who died young, and constructed pasts that would stand up to scrutiny by anybody who suspected something amiss.

The officers in the program were often estranged from their friends and loved ones for years while working the case.

The suspects being monitored weren't international mafia members, money launderers or drug traffickers. They were ...... antiwar protestors.

Has always been the easiest and most effective way to create a new Identity.

There are several "how to disappear" books on the subject. Apparently some Brit Cops can read.

angelatc
07-16-2013, 09:26 AM

There are several "how to disappear" books on the subject. Apparently some Brit Cops can read.

The parents of the children are upset about this, saying that it affects their lives too. Which I suppose it would. I am surprised that the police simply didn't ask the parents for permission. Not specifically, but with the law enforcement worshiping culture they could have easily created a pool from the always-eager-to-help respondents .

The Northbreather
07-16-2013, 09:57 AM
doesn't believe in war = enemy

Carson
07-16-2013, 07:21 PM

I've heard tell of criminals doing this before also.

It shouldn't be a surprise that part of one of the largest criminal counterfeiting organizations, ever organized on Earth, would use the same tactics.