PDA

View Full Version : Adam Kokesh is Running for President!!!

BuddyRey
07-15-2013, 11:26 PM
It won't be until 2020 but still....this is going to be interesting! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezchucpzevk

noneedtoaggress
07-16-2013, 12:07 AM
It won't be until 2020 but still....this is going to be interesting! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezchucpzevk

Well that was interesting.

eduardo89
07-16-2013, 12:49 AM
lol what a yoke

TaftFan
07-16-2013, 12:55 AM
Adam couldn't win school board.

ronpaulfollower999
07-16-2013, 01:24 AM
I didn't know felons could run?

eduardo89
07-16-2013, 01:26 AM

The Constitution only has 2 requirements for the presidency:

1.) Must be a natural born citizen of the United States
2.) Must be at least 35 years old and lived within the United States for at least 14 years.

ronpaulfollower999
07-16-2013, 01:29 AM
The Constitution only has 2 requirements for the presidency:

1.) Must be a natural born citizen of the United States
2.) Must be at least 35 years old and lived within the United States for at least 14 years.

Surprising.

eduardo89
07-16-2013, 01:35 AM
Surprising.

Keith Russell Judd ran for the Democratic nomination in 2012. He resides at the Beaumont Federal Correctional Institution in Texarkana, Texas. He won 41% of the vote in the West Virginia primary.

anaconda
07-16-2013, 03:44 AM

He just won't be able to vote.

Coolidge/Dawes '24
07-16-2013, 04:11 AM
I think Adam knows, deep down, he doesn't have a shot at securing the nomination. For him, it's about winning hearts and minds. For him, it's about picking up even a modicum of support from disenfranchised youths who feel like the political power-brokers who reign supreme have shortchanged them and the academic intelligentsia have miseducated them. And that's the kind of candidate who, even though he can't win, deserves our reverence, our gratitude, and respect.

And this is coming from a guy who used to hate Kokesh.

CaptUSA
07-16-2013, 04:53 AM
I think Adam knows, deep down, he doesn't have a shot at securing the nomination. For him, it's about winning hearts and minds. For him, it's about picking up even a modicum of support from disenfranchised youths who feel like the political power-brokers who reign supreme have shortchanged them and the academic intelligentsia have miseducated them. And that's the kind of candidate who, even though he can't win, deserves our reverence, our gratitude, and respect.

And this is coming from a guy who used to hate Kokesh.I wish I could believe this. To me, it seems like for him, it's about him. I want to trust him, I do.

But I can't shake the feeling that he is less interested in securing his freedom and more interested in securing his attention.

IDefendThePlatform
07-16-2013, 05:50 AM
I wish I could believe this. To me, it seems like for him, it's about him. I want to trust him, I do.

But I can't shake the feeling that he is less interested in securing his freedom and more interested in securing his attention.

Im genuinely curious, how many of his recent podcasts have you listened to? He's arguably the best articulator of the philosophy of liberty/voluntaryism anywhere right now, and the growth in his subscribers is impressive.

Seems very philosophically motivated to me. He has a very positive message about the future of freedom and he acts on his beliefs, IMHO.

CaptUSA
07-16-2013, 06:11 AM
Im genuinely curious, how many of his recent podcasts have you listened to? He's arguably the best articulator of the philosophy of liberty/voluntaryism anywhere right now, and the growth in his subscribers is impressive.

Seems very philosophically motivated to me. He has a very positive message about the future of freedom and he acts on his beliefs, IMHO.You may be right. And I'll admit that I don't follow him very closely. I could be totally wrong about him. I can't really place my finger on what it is, but every time I see him speak, he leaves me with the impression that he is motivated by self-aggrandizing puffery. It turns me off.

Really, I appreciate what he is doing in fighting back, I just find it hard think of him in heroic terms.

fisharmor
07-16-2013, 06:20 AM
I wish I could believe this. To me, it seems like for him, it's about him. I want to trust him, I do.

There's a certain amount of showmanship in what he does, true.

And there has been more than one thread on this board pushing a certain person's son as a viable candidate precisely because he is more of a showman than his father....

....but in the end, I choose to believe that if Adam's putting on a show, it could be because it helps him to come to terms with what he sees when he closes his eyes. Things the state did to him.

CaptUSA
07-16-2013, 06:35 AM
I'm willing to give him another look.

Listen, in this fight for liberty, it takes all kinds of people with all kinds of motivations. Some of them personal, some of them altruistic, and some of them just to piss in the Wheaties of the powers that be. I think we are naturally attracted to those whose motivations align with ours, but that doesn't mean the others are bad - it only measn that they will appeal to a different sort of mentality. I hope you all realize I'm not trying to disparage what Kokesh does in any way; I'm just saying his approach may not work for me.

QuickZ06
07-16-2013, 06:56 AM
He is going to say things that no one else is willing to say, will he win, idk. But will it allow people to actually perceive what they are seeing, yep.

V4Vendetta
07-16-2013, 07:15 AM
Adam Kokesh can go S*** A D***!!!
He's a fed

pcosmar
07-16-2013, 07:23 AM

Shows what you don't know.
I can run for Public office. (Yes I am an ex-felon). I also do vote.

And to my understanding,, Adam has never been convicted of any Felony.

Tod
07-16-2013, 07:30 AM

Weren't all the founders felons? After all, look at Washington: He was a general in a revolutionary army.

tod evans
07-16-2013, 07:32 AM
Weren't all the founders felons? After all, look at Washington: He was a general in a revolutionary army.

They were certainly scofflaws in the eyes of the brits....

JK/SEA
07-16-2013, 07:52 AM
Adam Kokesh can go S*** A D***!!!
He's a fed

you sound like a scorned woman. Did Adam reject you?

BuddyRey
07-16-2013, 08:47 AM
Adam couldn't win school board.

Maybe not, but imagine the kind of raw truth and state-destroying logic he'll be able to bring to the debate stage (presuming he runs Republican). There's plenty of value in even a purely educational campaign, as RP showed us.

familydog
07-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Kokesh for president? He's not mainstream enough. He doesn't know how to play politics. His ideas of liberty are too extreme. His loyal followers will only scare people and hinder his chances. He will be laughed at during the debates. What a kook.

Only legitimate candidates who have a real shot at the nomination, like Ron Paul, should run.

JK/SEA
07-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Kokesh for president? He's not mainstream enough. He doesn't know how to play politics. His ideas of liberty are too extreme. His loyal followers will only scare people and hinder his chances. He will be laughed at during the debates. What a kook.

Only legitimate candidates who have a real shot at the nomination, like Mitt Romney, should run.

fixed it for you.

the rest of your comment is EXACTLY what Ron Paul detractors were saying.

suck on a pickle troll.

QuickZ06
07-16-2013, 08:56 AM

Only legitimate candidates who have a real shot at the nomination, like Ron Paul, should run.

So much fail.

CaptUSA
07-16-2013, 08:56 AM
So much fail.I think I was sensing sarcasm...

JK/SEA
07-16-2013, 09:00 AM
I think I was sensing sarcasm...

perhaps.

i'm in no mood for Kokesh bashing today...

QuickZ06
07-16-2013, 09:12 AM
I think I was sensing sarcasm...

Should have put this at the end :rolleyes: remember we have outsiders looking in. Best to let them know, as I do not even know if he is being for real or not.

Todd
07-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Maybe not, but imagine the kind of raw truth and state-destroying logic he'll be able to bring to the debate stage (presuming he runs Republican). There's plenty of value in even a purely educational campaign, as RP showed us.

You're assuming that he would ever get on the "debate stage".

jbauer
07-16-2013, 09:28 AM

That's what I thought. I figured a felon would automatically be kicked out. Heck he can't even legally cross the boarder to Canada anymore let alone run for office.

presence
07-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Collinz can we get a quick audio remaster of that collect call?

mczerone
07-16-2013, 09:33 AM

Like Money, attention is only good for what you can trade it for.

People that make tons of money don't wish to swim, Scrooge McDuck style, in piles of cash. They want it to be able to parlay it into more and better stuff and investments.

Outside the real possibility of a personality disorder, the only real reason to seek attention is to parlay that attention into spreading the message farther and wider. You can be the best philosopher on a hill, giving the best wisdom to those who seek you, but if know one knows who you are, you will not be sought.

IDefendThePlatform
07-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Would Adam run as a Republican? That would seem to be the best choice to me. A fed-up, GOPer who sees the writing on the wall and wants to end the federal government in an orderly fashion rather than wait for the collapse.

He could wake some people up. I'd support him for sure.

PaulConventionWV
07-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Surprising.

Voting, however, is a different story. Ironic, isn't it?

beaker
07-16-2013, 11:29 AM
isn't obama a felon? not convicted, sure. but he smoked pot, stole someone's identity, forged a fake birth certificate. yet he's STILL president. miraculously..

presence
07-16-2013, 11:36 AM
isn't obama a felon? not convicted, sure. but he smoked pot, stole someone's identity, forged a fake birth certificate. yet he's STILL president. miraculously..

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/538328_113897352081911_805346528_n.jpg

Interesting tidbit.... the Judge that issued the search warrant for Adam is the same that issued the warrant for Snowden

to whom it may concern :

lucus jewell is no longer representing adamvstheman.

for all media / press inquiries email adams new manager at JEFFREY@ADAMVSTHEMAN.COM

all inquiries for AVTM podcast email our director of operations darrell at DARRELL@ADAMVSTHEMAN.com

eduardo89
07-16-2013, 01:21 PM

Possession of marihuana is a misdemeanor, not a felony.

Occam's Banana
07-16-2013, 05:13 PM
There's a certain amount of showmanship in what he does, true.

Indeed. And there ain't a damn thing wrong with that. Just the opposite, in fact ...

I can't shake the feeling that he is less interested in securing his freedom and more interested in securing attention.

Supposing your feeling to be true (and I think that it might be), why should that be regarded as a bad thing? If by securing attention to himself he secures attention to the ideas and ideals he espouses - and if we agree with those ideas and ideals - then why should we be upset by his penchant for the spotlight?

He may very well be, as you said, "less interested in securing his freedom." But if so, my own very strong impression is that this is because he is more interested in securing our freedom. He is motivated by a desire to promote freedom and liberty for all - and is willing to put his own freedom on the line in order to do so. For that reason alone he has my unbounded respect & admiration. People can disagree over whether Adam's tactics are always practical in this regard, but that is another matter altogether. To whatever extent he is "showboating" and indulging a "hey, look at me!" desire to attract attention to himself, he is doing so for a good cause - and I for one will not hold it against him if he "mugs it up."

Seems very philosophically motivated to me. He has a very positive message about the future of freedom and he acts on his beliefs, IMHO.

I love Adam's podcasts and wish I had more time to devote to them. He has come a long way since his show on Russia Today. His presentation is much smoother & more polished than it was back then. He is, as fisharmor noted, something of a showman. And considering the ideas & ideals he is trying to "show," that is a good thing. A very good thing. More power to him!

pcosmar
07-16-2013, 05:20 PM
That's what I thought. I figured a felon would automatically be kicked out. Heck he can't even legally cross the boarder to Canada anymore let alone run for office.

And before people go off any more on this tangent..

What Felony?
Adam was just arrested with 10 legally owned guns. So again What Felony?

And you thought wrong,, I am an ex-Felon. I can vote. I can run for office (not that I have a chance)

What are Adam's Convictions for? (before anyone slanders him any more)

pcosmar
07-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Possession of marihuana is a misdemeanor, not a felony.

Has he ever been convicted of that? (not to my knowledge)

If he was never tried and convicted it is not even a misdemeanor.

You may mean arrested for (and that doesn't mean shit)

eduardo89
07-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Has he ever been convicted of that? (not to my knowledge)

If he was never tried and convicted it is not even a misdemeanor.

You may mean arrested for (and that doesn't mean shit)

To my knowledge Barack Obama has never even been arrested for his admitted 'crime' of smoking marihuana and taking cocaine.

eduardo89
07-16-2013, 05:39 PM
And before people go off any more on this tangent..

What Felony?
Adam was just arrested with 10 legally owned guns. So again What Felony?

He was arrested for illegal possession of a schedule I or II drug and having a firearm while in possession of such a drug.

The first charge is a Class 5 felony. The latter charge is a Class 6 felony.

What are Adam's Convictions for? (before anyone slanders him any more)

It is impossible for anyone to slander Adam Kokesh in any post. Slander refers to harmful statement in a transitory form, especially speech. Unless someone posted an audio or video file of them defaming him it would not be slander. Defamation in the form of written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures is called libel.

pcosmar
07-16-2013, 05:49 PM
He was arrested for illegal possession of a schedule I or II drug and having a firearm while in possession of such a drug.

The first charge is a Class 5 felony. The latter charge is a Class 6 felony.

That is a charge,, an accusation.. an unproven allegation..
he has never been convicted of those crimes..

therefore is not a Felon.

pcosmar
07-16-2013, 05:55 PM
It is impossible for anyone to slander Adam Kokesh in any post. Slander refers to harmful statement in a transitory form, especially speech. Unless someone posted an audio or video file of them defaming him it would not be slander. Defamation in the form of written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures is called libel.

Ok,,Libel then,, which is the same thing and defined under the legal definition of slander.. in written form it is libel.

still pretty stupid.

eduardo89
07-16-2013, 05:56 PM
Ok,,Libel then,, which is the same thing and defined under the legal definition of slander.. in written form it is libel.

still pretty stupid.

Nope. Libel is not a form a slander. Libel and slander are both forms of defamation.

eduardo89
07-16-2013, 05:57 PM
That is a charge,, an accusation.. an unproven allegation..
he has never been convicted of those crimes..

therefore is not a Felon.

Who said he has been convicted of those crimes?

pcosmar
07-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Nope. Libel is not a form a slander. Libel and slander are both forms of defamation.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/slander
slander n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. Slander is a civil wrong (tort) and can be the basis for a lawsuit. Damages (payoff for worth) for slander may be limited to actual (special) damages unless there is malicious intent, since such damages are usually difficult to specify and harder to prove. Some statements such as an untrue accusation of having committed a crime, having a loathsome disease, or being unable to perform one's occupation are treated as slander per se since the harm and malice are obvious, and therefore usually result in general and even punitive damage recovery by the person harmed. Words spoken over the air on television or radio are treated as libel (written defamation) and not slander on the theory that broadcasting reaches a large audience as much if not more than printed publications

pcosmar
07-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Who said he has been convicted of those crimes?

Some alluded to,, or thought he had been.
Which to my knowledge is false.

He is not a Felon.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/felon
felon n. a person who has been convicted of a felony, which is a crime punishable by death or a term in state or federal prison.

I am.. I know the difference. (I prefer ex-felon)

PatriotOne
07-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Adam running for Pres would be pure comedy gold with all the baggage he has. More likely he just wants all his juvenile supporters pot money...lol.

Adam VS the DMT 2.1 "My face got raped with the truth of the universe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wLaQLVyJvg

eduardo89
07-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Thank you for proving my point that slander and libel are not the same thing. Libel is written, slander is spoken. They are both forms of defamation.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/slander
slander n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. Slander is a civil wrong (tort) and can be the basis for a lawsuit. Damages (payoff for worth) for slander may be limited to actual (special) damages unless there is malicious intent, since such damages are usually difficult to specify and harder to prove. Some statements such as an untrue accusation of having committed a crime, having a loathsome disease, or being unable to perform one's occupation are treated as slander per se since the harm and malice are obvious, and therefore usually result in general and even punitive damage recovery by the person harmed. Words spoken over the air on television or radio are treated as libel (written defamation) and not slander on the theory that broadcasting reaches a large audience as much if not more than printed publications

IDefendThePlatform
07-16-2013, 09:25 PM
I personally would be incredibly excited to see someone so straightforward and unequivocal about freedom get some attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5lhkNUtkBA&feature=youtu.be

IDefendThePlatform
07-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Another good one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXKKTGcNmqc&feature=youtu.be

Scrapmo
07-16-2013, 09:29 PM
If he is still in prison and he wins the election can he pardon himself?

eduardo89
07-16-2013, 09:31 PM
If he is still in prison and he wins the election can he pardon himself?

No, he's being charged in state court. The president only has the authority those sentenced for federal crimes.

brandon
07-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Maybe he should run for governer then

Scrapmo
07-16-2013, 10:36 PM
No, he's being charged in state court. The president only has the authority those sentenced for federal crimes.

oh well. People run crime sydicates from the inside all the time, I see no reason why the president couldnt either.

Matt Collins
07-17-2013, 01:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

cajuncocoa
07-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Amazing, the reaction to the news in the OP.

How many times had we heard the same reaction when we told people we support(ed) Ron Paul for President?

Adam has done more for the cause of liberty in the last week than anyone currently holding elected office or anyone on this forum has done in their entire lives.

eduardo89
07-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Cajun, the difference is Ron Paul is not an attention seeking charlatan.

cajuncocoa
07-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Cajun, the difference is Ron Paul is not an attention seeking charlatan.Ron Paul was a congressman and a statesman. Adam is an activist. The difference is noted. However, calling attention to your cause is not necessarily a bad thing. If no one pays attention, changes don't happen.

AuH20
07-17-2013, 01:45 PM

He's an intelligent guy, but he tries way too hard, in that it's almost funny to watch. For example, rewatch the whole pot smoking episode in front of the White House. Specifically, watch when the police start to escort him away and he drops to the floor speaking absurdities. It comes off like a comic skit.

7:35 mark. Laugh your ass off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkZCXRKIahY

BuddyRey
07-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Amazing, the reaction to the news in the OP.

How many times had we heard the same reaction when we told people we support(ed) Ron Paul for President?

Adam has done more for the cause of liberty in the last week than anyone currently holding elected office or anyone on this forum has done in their entire lives.

+1776!

brandon
07-17-2013, 02:16 PM
http://isithappening.info/

noneedtoaggress
07-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Specifically, watch when the police start to escort him away and he drops to the floor speaking absurdities. It comes off like a comic skit.

What were the absurdities exactly?

presence
07-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Kokesh SEARCH Warrant (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?421537-Kokesh-SEARCH-Warrant)

Occam's Banana
07-17-2013, 02:43 PM

Ron Paul was a congressman and a statesman. Adam is an activist. The difference is noted. However, calling attention to your cause is not necessarily a bad thing. If no one pays attention, changes don't happen.

It is pretty much impossible to be an effective activist if one is not "attention seeking" ...

eduardo89
07-17-2013, 02:46 PM
It is pretty much impossible to be an effective activist if one is not "attention seeking" ...

Kokesh does not seek attention in ways that paint the liberty movement in a positive light. He is a charlatan and detrimental to the cause.

IDefendThePlatform
07-17-2013, 02:57 PM
He's an intelligent guy, but he tries way too hard, in that it's almost funny to watch. For example, rewatch the whole pot smoking episode in front of the White House. Specifically, watch when the police start to escort him away and he drops to the floor speaking absurdities. It comes off like a comic skit.

That was a great piece of activism and surely the first time a lot of people watching truly questioned authority of the state.

Calling the police what they are, men in costumes, is a good first step to getting people to realize they don't owe the state their allegiance.

I strongly recommend Adam's podcasts for anyone wanting to think about their philosophical understanding of government and the "social contract."

Occam's Banana
07-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Kokesh does not seek attention in ways that paint the liberty movement in a positive light.

He does not seek attention in ways that you would prefer. Welcome to the herd of cats known as the "liberty movement."

(Speaking for myself, I think that the "light" of highly-principled civil disobedience is plenty "positive." YMMV.)

He is a charlatan and detrimental to the cause.

*shrug* I disagree. Go, Adam!

green73
07-17-2013, 03:26 PM

This speaks volumes, about you.

Carlybee
07-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Kokesh does not seek attention in ways that paint the liberty movement in a positive light. He is a charlatan and detrimental to the cause.

I would hardly call you an expert on the liberty movement #sarahpalinlover

eduardo89
07-17-2013, 03:32 PM
I would hardly call you an expert on the liberty movement #sarahpalinlover

Why? Because I'm not a libertarian?

Carlybee
07-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Why? Because I'm not a libertarian?

Because you embrace people like Sarah Palin. Conservative does not necessarily equate to liberty.

eduardo89
07-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Because you embrace people like Sarah Palin. Conservative does not necessarily equate to liberty.

Sarah Palin is a champion of the Constitution and individual liberty.

noneedtoaggress
07-17-2013, 03:51 PM

Adam is a controversial figure and there are a number of people who don't share your opinion, as can be witnessed by this thread. Yet instead of promoting and supporting liberty in a way you perceive to be a more positive light, you're fostering division by inciting controversy surrounding Adam (which really only helps him achieve more publicity.)

I don't know if you feel that doing so puts "the liberty movement" in a more "positive light" but anyone could just as easily turn around and say they feel you're being detrimental to their concept of "the liberty movement" just the same.

How "the liberty movement" is painted by Adam in your mind is your own application to your own subjective concept of what that is. Everyone's idea of what is "the liberty movement" is different, and no one can control the ideas people adopt or how they choose to act.

Carlybee
07-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Sarah Palin is a champion of the Constitution and individual liberty.

Those are not everything the liberty movement should be about. She has made some iffy foreign policy comments...I won't even get into the ignorant comments she's made across the board.

VoluntaryAmerican
07-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Adam should worry about getting out of jail first. He was by far the most productive doing his show regularly... This makes me question his mental health.

cajuncocoa
07-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Sarah Palin is a champion of the Constitution and individual liberty.Sure, as long as Team Blue is in the White House. Ms. Palin is no different from Beck and Hannity in that way.

liveandletlive
07-17-2013, 04:57 PM
adam needs to grow up....cant be a bearded rebel forever. The dude should start a family or something. the dude isnt moving the needle as far as advancing liberty is concerned.

eduardo89
07-17-2013, 04:58 PM
adam needs to grow up....cant be a bearded rebel forever. The dude should start a family or something. the dude isnt moving the needle as far as advancing liberty is concerned.

This.

cajuncocoa
07-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Adam should worry about getting out of jail first. He was by far the most productive doing his show regularly... This makes me question his mental health.
Rosa Parks and MLK didn't change things from the safety of a chair and a microphone. Those two spent some time in jail as well.

cajuncocoa
07-17-2013, 05:01 PM

He's moving it just as well as anyone else is. Why does it bother you so much that he's trying to call attention to liberty causes?

IDefendThePlatform
07-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Rosa Parks and MLK didn't change things from the safety of a chair and a microphone. Those two spent some time in jail as well.

You forgot Ghandi.

IDefendThePlatform
07-17-2013, 05:13 PM
"He who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, is in reality expressing highest respect for law." - Martin Luther King Jr

VoluntaryAmerican
07-17-2013, 05:19 PM

You forgot Ghandi.

Don't get me wrong, I am fully in support of his civil disobedience; but getting arrested for those drug charges was not planned on Adams part and he will rot in jail just like all the other drug offenders and the American public won't give 2 shits.

He would be of much better service to the movement if he still was doing his regular show, converting more people.
With that said, Adam is a free individual and lives his life the way he sees fit. I wish him the best of luck.

cajuncocoa
07-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am fully in support of his civil disobedience; but getting arrested for those drug charges was not planned on Adams part and he will rot in jail just like all the other drug offenders and the American public won't give 2 shits.
That right there is what's wrong with this picture. I guess back in the day of Rosa Parks and MLK (Ghandi was before my time) people used to care. TV has been a blessing and a curse...TV allowed Americans to really see the injustices that had been done to civil rights activists in the 1960s. Now they just get zombied out in front of the tube, and as long as they're well fed and entertained they have all the "liberty" they think they need.