PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles: Zimmerman protesters stop traffic, Break Windows, Raid Wal-Mart

FrankRep
07-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Zimmerman protesters stop traffic, break windows, raid Wal-Mart in Los Angeles (http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/story/2dbbb363425b46548f1077e3d1aab880/CA--Neighborhood-Watch-LA-Protests/)

AP / Daily Journal
July 16, 2013 - 12:28 am

A group of protesters ran through Los Angeles streets, stopping traffic and at times engaging in vandalism and apparent violence as demonstrations over George Zimmerman's Florida acquittal in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin continued.

LAPD Lt. Andrew Neiman says there has been at least one arrest Monday and more are expected.

A group of several hundred peaceful protesters gathered at Leimert Park southwest of downtown to chant, pray and sing.

But a splinter group of about 100 left to walk down Crenshaw Boulevard, some jumping on and cars and breaking windows.

Several protesters ran into a Wal-Mart store, where they knocked down displays before store security chased them out and police began guarding the door.

TV news helicopters showed apparent fighting at times, but there were no injury reports.

--- LIVE FEED BELOW ---

RT Live Feed (http://rt.com/usa/us-zimmerman-nationwide-protests-079/)

Tuesday, July 16

06:25 GMT: LA Mayor Eric Garcetti: "The Martin family didn't ask anybody to break car windows."

06:21 GMT: LAPD Chief Charles Beck: "This will not be allowed to continue". Beck spoke to the media after Zimmerman protest violence erupted.

06:19 GMT: LAPD confirms 13 people have been arrested.

06:17 GMT: 150 individuals broke away from other protesters and vandalized the city, the LAPD said. There were several instances of vandalism and a few assaults.

05:51 GMT: Police have begun arresting protesters in Oakland, as reports come in about demonstrators attacking a local CBS crew.

05:44 GMT: Reports of Oakland protesters smashing windows and throwing rocks at media.

05:38 GMT: Thirteen protesters have reportedly been taken into custody by the LAPD.

05:33 GMT: Large group has been taken into custody, local media reported.

05:30 GMT: Los Angeles police have begun arresting Zimmerman protesters after issuing a dispersal order and declaring the demonstration an unlawful assembly.

05:23 GMT: Reports of protesters gathered around a courthouse in Oakland, CA which is being guarded by police in riot gear.

05:20 GMT: Reports of LAPD gearing up and giving final warning to protesters before making arrests.

04:59 GMT: Los Angeles police have declared the Zimmerman protest to be an unlawful assembly. If demonstrators do not disperse, they may be arrested.

04:31 GMT: At least one fire has been started along Crenshaw Boulevard in Los Angeles, as Zimmerman protests turn violent. Reports of LAPD cruisers damaged, multiple trash cans burning.

oyarde
07-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Well , this is incomplete, how can I buy stock if I do not know what was most popular at walmart ??

AuH20
07-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Trayvon Martin wasn't 1/100th the man Edward Snowden is, but now he's some kind of bizarre folk hero.

FrankRep
07-15-2013, 11:39 PM
RT Live Feed (http://rt.com/usa/us-zimmerman-nationwide-protests-079/)

AngryCanadian
07-15-2013, 11:40 PM
:rolleyes:

FrankRep
07-15-2013, 11:50 PM
05:44 GMT: Reports of Oakland protesters smashing windows and throwing rocks at media.

phill4paul
07-16-2013, 12:01 AM
Even race riots are a no show in AmeriKa.

Brian4Liberty
07-16-2013, 12:25 AM

Last live report said that Oakland PD was calling for mutual aid. Probably will be winding down for tonight.

FrankRep
07-16-2013, 12:30 AM
Last live report said that Oakland PD was calling for mutual aid. Probably will be winding down for tonight.
Riot Police are in full gear right now, it's hard to create mass chaos/riots in those conditions.

06:21 GMT: LAPD Chief Charles Beck: "This will not be allowed to continue".

The LAPD are not playing around anymore.

HigherVision
07-16-2013, 06:40 AM
Every time this stuff breaks out I suspect there are the stupid anarcho-communists involved in coordinating it and what not. That's what I think they said in the 'racist' Ron Paul newsletters, that the Revolutionary Communist Party had a hand in inciting the L.A. Riots. Bastards.

FrankRep
07-16-2013, 07:07 AM
Every time this stuff breaks out I suspect there are the stupid anarcho-communists involved in coordinating it and what not. That's what I think they said in the 'racist' Ron Paul newsletters, that the Revolutionary Communist Party had a hand in inciting the L.A. Riots. Bastards.

These type of mass demonstrations are usually led by Communists. They try to use "Mob Rule" and "Democracy" to overrule anything they don't like. They threaten to keep demonstrating/rioting and causing chaos/destruction until they get their way.

The U.S. is in a ripe position to be overthrown because of all the scandals in the government right now. Now all the Communists have to do is whip up the people into the frenzy and they can repeat the Bolshevik revolution.

BlackTerrel
07-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Even race riots are a no show in AmeriKa.

I think some people are disappointed.

FrankRep
07-16-2013, 07:29 PM

The Riot Police stopped the riots.

BlackTerrel
07-16-2013, 08:04 PM
The Riot Police stopped the riots.

Police did a good thing? Impossible...

...And by the way they barely started. Why so much less than historical riots in this country?

Many people pissed. Few people think violence is the way to solve it.

cajuncocoa
07-16-2013, 08:05 PM

The media sure seems to be.

FrankRep
07-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Police did a good thing? Impossible...

...And by the way they barely started. Why so much less than historical riots in this country?

Many people pissed. Few people think violence is the way to solve it.

The LAPD says there will be Zero Tolerance tonight.

Probably no riots will break out.

Yay!