PDA

View Full Version : Trayvon Martin protesters in Oakland ‘slugged me,’ ‘kicked me’ in the head

Brian4Liberty
07-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Protestors attack and beat cameraman... Police do nothing.

Trayvon Martin protesters in Oakland ‘slugged me,’ ‘kicked me’ in the head
Hartsock says he arrived at 9:30 PM to film the rally.

But soon after, he was repeatedly told by two men to leave the public area. When he refused, they became belligerent, Hartsock told TheDC.

“After retreating to a corner to catch B-roll, two young men approached me and interrogated me as to what I was doing there,” recalls Hartsock. “I advised them I was just there to see what was going on. They told me to get out. I asked why, which only afforded more threats. I declined their request to leave, they continued marching.”
“One young man chanted ‘There’s gonna be some violence tonight!’” Hartsock said. “He then came up to me and demanded I erase the footage from my phone — another request I declined.”

“As two other young men interrogated me, their friend behind them came up and a young man then slugged me in the face about three times — hard — and demanded that I leave,” Hartsock said. “Then I began getting clocked by others in my left temple and jaw by other assailants and was mowed to the ground by about half a dozen of them.”

Hartsock feared the worst. “For a couple minutes I was pinned down to the ground — one gentleman on top of me slugging me across the face repeatedly as an indeterminable number of others kicked me in the side of the head, and tried to get my phone out of my hand… The harder my grip tightened, the harder their punches to my face became,” he said.

Hartsock “[e]ventually fought them off before they could get my camera, wallet and keys.” Hartsock, who has filed a police report, was surprised that neither the media, nor the police seemed to be attentive.
Hartsock says he doesn’t see a racial angle at play in his assault. “Some of my assailants were white. Some black, some mixed race. There were civilized people there who were black and very kind to me at first.”
More:
http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/15/conservative-filmmaker-trayvon-martin-protesters-in-oakland-slugged-me-kicked-me-in-the-head/

eduardo89
07-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Some of my assailants were white. Some black, some mixed race.

Multiculturalism at its finest!

BlackTerrel
07-16-2013, 07:29 PM
The people beating him were of all races - why was he singled out?

FrankRep
07-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Whatever he did, the obvious answer is to just beat him up, right BlackTerrel?

What he did:

“One young man chanted ‘There’s gonna be some violence tonight!’” Hartsock said. “He then came up to me and demanded I erase the footage from my phone — another request I declined.”

schiffheadbaby
07-16-2013, 07:42 PM

Maybe because he didn't join in on the "justice for travyon." Clearly anyone who disagrees with the prosecution is racist

Constitutional Paulicy
07-16-2013, 07:46 PM
He had a camera and they were up to no good. So they wanted him to leave. When he refused they took it personal like a bunch of dumb asses.

alucard13mm
07-16-2013, 07:49 PM
Too bad he wasn't armed..

madengr
07-16-2013, 07:51 PM
For a couple minutes I was pinned down to the ground — one gentleman on top of me slugging me across the face repeatedly

Gentleman eh? I wish people would stop using that term.

Brian4Liberty
07-16-2013, 08:00 PM

Rhetorical question?

He had a camera and they were up to no good. So they wanted him to leave. When he refused they took it personal like a bunch of dumb asses.

Yep.

Why does that sound familiar? Oh yeah, the cops don't like cameras on them either. Perhaps these anarcho-communist vandals really just want to be Peace Officers.